Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,360 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (101039 Views)

Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video) / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) / See The Most Beautiful Church In Azia Ihiala Lga Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Oritsewhandey(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
Frank Frenzy:
1. The church isn't small. If you're an architect, you should know. (No offense meant)

2. Anthropometrically, 1-human is roughly 1sqm.

3. 3,275sqm is a huge proposed built space.

4. Pile or pier foundation is the most expensive type of foundations.

5. Due to the proposed height, at least, 40N/mm slump strength needed.

6. Aesthetically, the concept is cool. Not just Catholic inspired but Jesus's lifestyle inspired.

6a. The 1st crest region explains the birth of Jesus. His rise with his disciples. Miracles...

6b. The middle rim explains the persecution of Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Being crucified. Dead. Buried.

6c. The pinnacle crest. Meaning his resurrection and ascension to Heaven. The concept is cool. Location of the cross is cool but would have imagined a replica image of praying Jesus or interceding Jesus, seated on the Throne. Perhaps in synthetic gypsum, illuminate cast, but huge, placed on the final crest of the atrium.

It's a lovely design metamorphosis.

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by olawonder(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2018
We need libraries, skills acquisition centres, industries, etc.
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by adetayo234: 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
dust144:
No, the most beautiful church is in your heart.

Mr Sanctimonious, they are talking about physical structure here.

If it's Winners Chapel they post here now, all of you will be shouting Hallelujah. Bunch of empty hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by donqx: 12:49am On Nov 14, 2018
smiley
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by truthnow: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2018
Why wont we have the most beautiful company to employ our armies of unemployed youth which are potential time bomb!
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by biztip: 1:12am On Nov 14, 2018
big churches everywhere and people re complaining of unemployment. u use ur own scarce resources to build church/mosque and u will run to Europe for greener pasture on d land of those who used their funds for productive purposes. let's keep receiving ourselves in africa
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by xtravanganza: 1:15am On Nov 14, 2018
bodee:
waste of resources. I believe the money could be channeled to productive sectors.
productive sector, namely?
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by johnie: 1:23am On Nov 14, 2018
nonye6194:
Not bad

but I can't get over the goose bumps I had bypassing this one months ago on the island.

vintage masterpiece

I was in awe of the building that I didn't even take any pictures. Had to screen grab later from IG.

This should be a landmark tho

That's the Cathedral Church of Christ at the Marina/Odunlami Street junction.

It is an Anglican church hence the area is called CMS (Church Missionary Society) after the Anglican church society responsible for evangelism during the colonial period.

You should also visit Holy Cross Cathedral (a Roman Catholic Cathedral) on Catholic Mission Street, opposite City Hall (another landmark on the Island).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by D1zion: 1:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Probably the most exquisite astounding wonderful attractive & beautiful. But it's not the outer beauty, but what does it have to impact to those that will fellowship inside, how will it groom & change them to God. We all pray they used it for real purpose,which is to serve God in spirit & in truth.
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by nonye6194: 1:38am On Nov 14, 2018
johnie:

That's the Cathedral Church of Christ at the Marina/Odunlami Street junction.

It is an Anglican church hence the area is called CMS (Church Missionary Society) after the Anglican church society responsible for evangelism during the colonial period.

You should also visit Holy Cross Cathedral (a Roman Catholic Cathedral) on Catholic Mission Street, opposite City Hall (another landmark on the Island).

I'm definitely adding it to my bucket list. Attending a mass there won't hurt since I'm catholic

thanks

2 Likes

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:04am On Nov 14, 2018
Religion.
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Awoleesu(m): 4:00am On Nov 14, 2018
bodee:
waste of resources. I believe the money could be channeled to productive sectors.
True, spirits don't die...

I can hear that same spirit that possessed Judas Iscariot speaking again!

Spirits live through all generations indeed!
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Awoleesu(m): 4:02am On Nov 14, 2018
bodee:
True, spirits don't die....

I can hear the same spirit that possessed Judas Iscariot speaking again!

Spirits live through all generations indeed!
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:33am On Nov 14, 2018
but it's not even built yet!!! lol
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Focusmind: 4:44am On Nov 14, 2018
Why do we spend fortune in building places of worship why many are poor?

Go to Europe and see simple ancient stone cathedrals with beautiful interiors that costs just a fraction of this edifice and well maintained

Why can't we do simple things instead of gigantic buildings just to claim the biggest.

The church in my university town in Scotland is a stone cathedral with artistic in nature and natural yet very aesthetic in appearance.

Nigerian should learn to be modest inn things of ostentation.
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Kamxin(m): 5:26am On Nov 14, 2018
Focusmind:
Why do we spend fortune in building places of worship why many are poor?

Go to Europe and see simple ancient stone cathedrals with beautiful interiors that costs just a fraction of this edifice and well maintained

Why can't we do simple things instead of gigantic buildings just to claim the biggest.

The church in my university town in Scotland is a stone cathedral with artistic in nature and natural yet very aesthetic in appearance.

Nigerian should learn to be modest inn things of ostentation.

When aesthetic buildings start yielding Forex profit I hope you would complain. Anything that worth something, must be paid for.

3 Likes

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Yale9(m): 5:40am On Nov 14, 2018
dust144:
the heart aint a church fam!
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by anambraamaka: 5:47am On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by deebrownneymar: 6:04am On Nov 14, 2018
This is so beautiful. It looks so simple and complex at the same time. I look forward to it's completion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Blakjewelry(m): 6:05am On Nov 14, 2018
wisdomkid:

You that have an already sanitized mind, what have you done, better still, achieved with it?
have you met me in person?
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by peteofi(m): 7:22am On Nov 14, 2018
friendlyadvice:
I was going to pay for the whole thing but I don't donate chump change like 14million dollars, it is an insult to me
dude just donate the 14billion to me. I will greet u personally every morning, no matter where u are
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Flexherbal(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2018
dust144:

True talk

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by ifyboy60(m): 7:40am On Nov 14, 2018
bodee:

do u know how many productive sectors the Catholic Church have put money in?
have u had of catholic aid, veritas etc. u can got to bornu and see for yourself.

the church is not ur government, she is not the reason for ur problems get ur PVC.

Lastly, those who Contribute the money ain't complaining shey some people spend there own money on alcohol and booze.

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by ifyboy60(m): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2018
ekestic1976:

Say, You're doomed; not "we"!

u dey mind den?
they mistake the church for their useless government.
the Catholic Church have hundreds of schools and hospitals in the south east alone. most of our parents were schooled in mission schools until the useless governments ceased them.

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by friendlyadvice: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2018
peteofi:
dude just donate the 14billion to me. I will greet u personally every morning, no matter where u are
Aii send me your account number make I scatter am
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Augustine112(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2018
very beautiful

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:01am On Nov 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Let's keep building churches, while the rest of the sane world are building industries.........

Young man, this church is not gonna be built with ur money or government money
Individuals contributed for it. I see no reason for this ur comments

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2018
Mailthaddeus:

Young man, this church is not gonna be built with ur money or government money
Individuals contributed for it. I see no reason for this ur comments

Younger man, can't I make my point? Has my freedom of expression been withdrawn?

Those individuals could form a consortium, build industries and grow a nation....... We have more than enough churches ...... It's about time a legislation is brought to start merging churches and getting rid of others, so the sites can be used to empower a nation .......

Younger man, with this few points of mine, I hope you have a change of opinion.......
Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Wixelz(m): 11:37am On Nov 14, 2018
awesome

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Mailthaddeus(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Younger man, can't I make my point? Has my freedom of expression been withdrawn?

Those individuals could form a consortium, build industries and grow a nation....... We have more than enough churches ...... It's about time a legislation is brought to start merging churches and getting rid of others, so the sites can be used to empower a nation .......

Younger man, with this few points of mine, I hope you have a change of opinion.......

Young man! U are also an individual. Collate with like minds like u and form a consortium and build sth similar for government. Since u now hv the power to tell people how to spend their hard earned money. Spend urs fixing the road in ur village. Dig borehole in every house in ur street too.

Most times people like u find it so easy to tell people where to channel their money into, but cant even attempt same urself.

1 Like

Re: Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
Mailthaddeus:

Young man! U are also an individual. Collate with like minds like u and form a consortium and build sth similar for government. Since u now hv the power to tell people how to spend their hard earned money. Spend urs fixing the road in ur village. Dig borehole in every house in ur street too.

Most times people like u find it so easy to tell people where to channel their money into, but cant even attempt same urself.

Younger man....... Don't we have enough church buildings presently ? Employing people under the guise of working in the Lord's vineyard, hence paying N0.000....... But the MOG gets a bumper wage + bumper benefits..........

If I had enough money, I would do as you stated...... In the absence of that, my commonsense would not fail me .......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / Inside The Glory Dome, Dunamis Abuja, World’s Largest Church Auditorium / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Lady To Return To The Altar After Her Testimony At Shiloh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.