Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:18 PM

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church (18188 Views)

'i Did Not Curse Ituah Ighodalo' Says Adeboye. / Sack Of Ighodalo: Adeboye Was Wrong — Tunde Bakare / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by mamagee3(f): 6:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
Looks like owning a church is the latest business now.

Can't believe it!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by sizzlers(m): 6:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
lol wonders
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by mamagee3(f): 6:21pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^What's there to wonder?
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by snthesis(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
Kilode?!:

Another name dropping, "Bigmanism" infested religious event, smh

They keep placing big, comfy chairs in front of the church for looters and cheaters to sit their hipocritical a*ses on, and they want to preach morality to us?

carry on, one day Nigerians will learn.

kai! small wonder d world is round-history keeps repeating itself
wen JESUS went to dine with the tax collectors "d so called holy ppl den called him a glutton"

sophy09:

When did church become a business which you can start and close any time. Those that were invited were his

investors. There are numerous churches in Nigeria and yet the people are still hungry and the country is still corrupt.

You can imagine a church in civic center, how much will he be paying for rent? Is the church opened to less privileged

people
? My people perish because they lack knowledge. I am not against the pastor or his church but there are some

things more important the church. I pray God comes soon and redeem us all.

y u dey swallow, panadol for anoda person headache? besides how much did u tink solomon spent in building d temple of God, @ur oda question, d onli way 2 find out is by attending -if u get bounced @d gate den u can tell dats it not 4d less privileged grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by HellaBella(f): 8:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
Really, another church. He is even having a "holy Night Cruise". Just look at the cost!  embarassed

Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ yepa= cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by member479760: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by baslone: 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2010
grin grin grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by ponpin: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
i am truly happy for pastor ituah, he was my parish pastor at RCCG christ church and since he was asked to go the parish has not been the same.
i wish him well. although i dont belive in church prostitiution i will definately visit his church every once in a while cos that man is a gr8 teacher and he carries his congregation along.

i wish him and his beautiful wife ( ibidun) the very best. he sure deserve it.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by estatemark(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
;d
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by PHIPEX(m): 1:25am On Jul 24, 2010
Even if he choses to leave RCCG is starting a new church the answer? what stopped him from joining the churches of those "men of God" who he said has been supporting him,

Lord forgive them for they know not what they do, Amen
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by skillero(m): 2:02am On Jul 24, 2010
better actually,
Maybe that's the reason God had to rock his boat!
@Phipex, Go study your Bible well before making a layman's comment on social networks,

thats what I keep saying about religious Men and Spiritual Men!!!
excuse me!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Kilode1: 6:04am On Jul 24, 2010
snthesis:

wen JESUS went to dine with the tax collectors "d so called holy ppl den called him a glutton"

y u dey swallow, panadol for anoda person headache? besides how much did u tink solomon spent in building d temple of God, @your oda question, d onli way 2 find out is by attending -if u get bounced @d gate den u can tell dats it not 4d less privileged grin

So these thieving, Looter-Governors are like Tax collectors? Typical Nigerian Christian talk.
Those Tax Collectors were not thieves bro, They collected taxes for Government, Shikena.

These Government Looters deserve no special place in the church. but our pastors worship and honour them more than Jesus. How do you tell your congregation not to steal or cheat when you put a cheater and a thief in the front, giving them a red carpet reception? making them pastors even shocked shocked

We have death traps masquerading as roads, security vote spent lau lau, dilapidated schools all over, dirty Hospitals that can't offer basic medical services, NO electricity, No water, No security, businesses can't do honest contract work without these Godless Governors and leaders demanding for a bribe or a cut and your first impulse as a Christian is to defend them and their pastor friends

Nigerians! we are a crazy people! we are suffering from a national, collective Stockholm syndrome
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by http(m): 6:53am On Jul 24, 2010
new branch open, more money cool limited liabilities company
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by oluwabamis(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2010
Can a xtian really marry another wife, when the 1st is still alive. this man is not just a xtian , but a pastor. Pls can we really look into this issue, im not judging him though, but I think the bible made it clear that only death of one partner can permit the other to remarry. Its OK to divorce only if both parties remain single for the rest of their lives. Its so amazing to see you guys clapping your hand for the pastor.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Omolulu(m): 7:16am On Jul 24, 2010
oluwabamis:

Can a xtian really marry another wife, when the 1st is still alive. this man is not just a xtian , but a pastor. Pls can we really look into this issue, im not judging him though, but I think the bible made it clear that only death of one partner can permit the other to remarry. Its OK to divorce only if both parties remain single for the rest of their lives. Its so amazing to see you guys clapping your hand for the pastor.
would u act otherwise if u were in his shoes? his matter is between him and God, don't act like a saint when u know u might be worse if faced with the same situation
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by oluwabamis(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2010
Omolulu:

would u act otherwise if u were in his shoes? his matter is between him and God, don't act like a saint when u know u might be worse if faced with the same situation

Omololu, that was a nice defence of the pastor, but its just possible that he run into the same issues as with the first wife. what would you advice him to do then, remarry a third time. Its also possible that in the next 5 years, something will come up again that will necessitate a 3rd wife.God help us oooo.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by oluwabamis(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2010
Omolulu:

what was is shoes like? I need to know. There is no marriage without problems. even in the case of adultery, which is what we think is a major case for divorce,what happens to forgiveness. I have been married for over 10 years, and I must confess to you that there are times I feel like ending it right there and then. I have been in a situation that was saved only because of the 3 kids that exist between us. Im not sure if you are married, but if you are, you will agree with me that there has been one or two situation you feel like quitting, if you ve not been there then its either you are new in it or you are an extra ordinary being. My last word on this is that divorce is abhorred ( not permitted) in the body of christ. The society may approve it. xtians should stick with their choice of life partners for life, thats what God says.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Ranoscky(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2010
Quote from the topic: "Mr. Ighodalo last year left his position as Pastor of Christ Church Parish due to controversies over his second marriage to Jumoke Ajayi in 2007. The controversies arose because his first wife was still alive."

^^ HOLY COW!!! shocked shocked shocked And u tell me dat dis particular man is a man of god? shocked shocked shocked. . .End shall never wonder!

*he is a false man of god and also a thief! he built his own church just b'cos of money and nothing else!* DAMN!!!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by rasputinn(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2010
I learnt his ex-wife is remarried to another man,besides that he divorced her when he was not not born again;that's okay

I'm happy,he is not discouraged,so Pastor Ituah though I dont know you on a personal basis,I did empathise with you in your period of trial,I didn't even blame Pastor Adeboye for sacking you then,I guess he needed to do it so others may not keep making wrong references of your divorce issue

Well done and God be with you
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by REALTRUTH1: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2010
oluwabamis:

Omololu, that was a nice defence of the pastor, but its just possible that he run into the same issues as with the first wife. what would you advice him to do then, remarry a third time. Its also possible that in the next 5 years, something will come up again that will necessitate a 3rd wife.God help us oooo.
For a very long time now,,,I ve not commented on NL.I ve been priviledged to always check on NL everyday,,I ve also checked on this thread since the OP started it,,I ve read other peoples post as well. Howver, I refused to comment until this one.
Mr Omololu,, ur position and thinking on this issue is wrong.Just like many bigots who ve said one thing or the other on this issue. The truth is that people should not dabble into issues that they have little or no knowledge about.Why do you think the reason for Ighodalo's divorce was his fault? Have you ever thought if the said marriage was contracted under God? was he a Christian whe he married to the said wife?
I ve always told people that I do not have regards for any Nigerian Pastors except for Tunde Bakare and Kumuyi. The same people who re now criticising Ighodalo,,were they not in his wedding ceremony? Was Pastor Adeboye not present in his wedding? Why was he allowed to continue as a pastor for 2yrs after his wedding? Why the sudden change that he should resign from being a pastor at RCCG?
The bottomline here is that RCCG is one organisation that is fast becoming some thing worst than celestial church,,,Study ur Bible very well, Ighodalo hasn't done anything wrong scripturally. If you need help go study 1st Corinthians 15,,,and am sure you won't get it until I explain it to you.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Loveaflame(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2010
It is surprising.But their is nothing new under the heaven.He is not the first person to do such neither will he be the last person.

There are many men of God who are secretly married and nobody knows about them.

Please leave this man in the hands Of God. Baba knows how to handle His servants we are not in the best position to judge or justify him.

Whatever the reasons he had for doing so will be explained to God on the day of Judgment.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by agitator: 9:45am On Jul 24, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

Mr Omololu,, your position and thinking on this issue is wrong.Just like many bigots who ve said one thing or the other on this issue. The truth is that people should not dabble into issues that they have little or no knowledge about.Why do you think the reason for Ighodalo's divorce was his fault? Have you ever thought if the said marriage was contracted under God? was he a Christian whe he married to the said wife?

so God now contracts marriages, and all marriages before conversion to Christianity is null and void. good grin grin grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Ninapha(f): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2010
@REAL TRUTH

I want agree with you on your opinion, Most people see spiritual things as things they can handle anyhow. If we want to tell ourselves the truth, how many pastors/men can live without a wife/woman/girl just to make heaven. Most pastors have caused God more pains while presenting themselves as Christians to their churches.

So long Pastor Ituah has not done anything contrary except if 1. He married before the first wife. 2. If the first wife is willing to come back to him.

I have seen cases where Christians hold on to marriages that have caused then their eternal heritance. A marriage of sorrow, filled with hatred for each other yet for the sake of the church,they stayed together. Now what is the guarantee that such couple would make heaven after all?

A couple I know have lived together for 15yrs now without sleeping or eating anything from each other but once there is any occasion in the church, they would appear as husband and wife and yet the man has concubines here and there.

For 1Cor. 15, Like u said, i wish that u can relate its contest to the topic cos I read it but it looks vague in relation to the topic.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by snthesis(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2010
Kilode?!:

So these thieving, Looter-Governors are like Tax collectors? Typical Nigerian Christian talk.
Those Tax Collectors were not thieves bro, They collected taxes for Government, Shikena.

These Government Looters deserve no special place in the church. but our pastors worship and honour them more than Jesus. How do you tell your congregation not to steal or cheat when you put a cheater and a thief in the front, giving them a red carpet reception? making them pastors even shocked shocked

We have death traps masquerading as roads, security vote spent lau lau, dilapidated schools all over, dirty Hospitals that can't offer basic medical services, NO electricity, No water, No security, businesses can't do honest contract work without these Godless Governors and leaders demanding for a bribe or a cut and your first impulse as a Christian is to defend them and their pastor friends

Nigerians! we are a crazy people! we are suffering from a national, collective Stockholm syndrome

c me see wahala shocked! first of all u r assuming the tax collectors were not corrupt-i cant argue wit U on dat cos basically i dont know- d point of dat passage if u read ur bible, is dat Christ didnt come for the healthy "so called holier dan thou peeps" but rather he came to reconcile the lost, the sick , the abadoned, the forsaken to himself- and dat ws the definitn of his ministery drawing the so called sinners to repetance by firstly acceptin them and not by condemnation.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by otokx(m): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2010
Its no more news that church is now business; its a pity.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by faithin9ja: 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2010
Quote from: snthesis on Yesterday at 06:25:05 PM

y u dey swallow, panadol for anoda person headache? besides how much did u tink solomon spent in building d temple of God, @your oda question, d onli way 2 find out is by attending -if u get bounced @d gate den u can tell dats it not 4d less privileged

These Government Looters deserve no special place in the church. but our pastors worship and honour them more than Jesus. How do you tell your congregation not to steal or cheat when you put a cheater and a thief in the front, giving them a red carpet reception? making them pastors even  

Nigerians! we are a crazy people! we are suffering from a national, collective Stockholm syndrome[color=#006600][/color]

@Kilode?
Point of correction the tax collectors in the 1st Century AD in the Roman Province of Palestine, were indeed thieves, The Jewish hierarchy could not stand them because they were instruments of the colonial power, the Romans, they collected far in excess of what they were suppose to collect and were deeply corrupt.

However unlike the 'Bigmen' at this event when they sat down with Jesus alongside prostitutes, drunkards and other ne'er do wells, they were aware of their short comings and sought repentance from Jesus. It is documented in the gospels how at least one tax collector offered to return his ill gotten loot. However the modern-day tax collector does not admit his/her short comings and are probably better compared to the Pharisees/ Sadducee who despised the tax collectors and thought they (Pharisees) were the pious heaven bound people.

Nigeria is very much like the old Jewish tradition; the Jews of old felt that if you were wealthy and healthy you were blessed, favoured by God and most definitely heaven-bound, that's why they could not understand Jesus when he said 'it would be easier for the head of a camel to go through the eye of needle than for a rich man to enter heaven'.

The old Jewish tradition called the infirm, disabled, wretched poor - unclean - They needed salvation by following stringent Jewish laws to go to heaven. (I am generalising) - Why did Ighodalo not do his launching in Akonwojo?

This is the mind set of the modern Nigerian, to be holy and blessed, you must financially and socially successful; these are the the people of Men of God fraternise with - the bigmen. So Kilode I hear your point; but our bigmen are not sinful but sorrowful tax collectors but rather hypocritical Pharisees.

Temples of Solomon ? why are the tithes not used to alleviate the suffering in this country? Oxfam, Christian Aid, etc are Christian charities that collect small small money from church-goers in the Western world to spend on projects in obscure African villages. When last did our Jet Flying Men of God do similar? (and I am not talking of donating a few tins of Nido milk to motherless babies home with all the camera men there)
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Builder: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2010
Clever man, e open church for correct area, later na to buy coin scanner, impregnate followers , then e go disappear
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2010
pls NLanders,stop this issues about pastors and thier personal lives,i feel that God knows best.Any day (the worst is on saturdays)i read about pastors and thier mega bucks,personal life style,attitudes of thier children and others am tempted not to be in church the sunday of it.Even when i go and the man of God is talking on the pulpit,i either will start thinking in my mind that the guy is a NIGGA IN THE HOUSE OF GOD or that i have fell for d guys scam yet again.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by snthesis(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2010
@faithin9ja
ur point is?
churches shud be onli in certain areas-
d word of God is for d repentant sinner- hw does the d sinner get repentant is it by isolation/condemnation
tithes shud b used to alleviate sufferings in the country- ur logic here is myopic- hw much tithe ar we lookin @, which is greater converting a leader to the fear of God and thus changing the faith of a nation.

finally d definition of a church/temple is "my house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations"-worshiping God in spirit and in truth, if its not den sorry o grin!
criticism shud be constructive not generalized /judgmental- U cant fight God's battle, time will always tell in the end if dis was actually a divine instruction to the pastor or not
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by olasquare: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2010
God bless your ministry pastor Ituah, I have long waited for this, this are your people formerly of Christ Church,
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by olasquare: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2010
@labitemmy, He is a Pastor, and a gently man with a heart of Gold for the people especially the challenged ones, I can tell you this coz I know it of him, Handsome as well, you will be thrilled by his baritone voice, this is an extra to the man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Changed My Life Forever / Happy 68th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo / How brands celebrate Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.