Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church (17789 Views)

'i Did Not Curse Ituah Ighodalo' Says Adeboye. / Sack Of Ighodalo: Adeboye Was Wrong — Tunde Bakare / Pastors Divided Over Sack Of Ighodalo Of Rccg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2010
@all better start grooming your kids to be Men-of-God. it is the only way to avoid havin them blow-up in intifada and make more money in your grey days grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Mowire: 7:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
Nice thing he's done. This the only way to fulfill his commission. I thank God he's taken the step.
I will want those blaming the entire RCCG to know that the (Daddy) G.O. is not necessarily the one responsible for Pastor Itua's judgment. Besides sometimes this kind of experience is the way our good God reveal to us, xtians, that some of our doctrinal standings are not necessarily His intention: the Pastor Ituah I know had the same doctrinal believe b4 as the elders of the RCCG Christchurch whole placated him. Now he knows better.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by sledge406: 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2010
Reading some peeps comment here on NL is one of the best things to happen in a 24hour-day

aguiyi:

pls NLanders,stop this issues about pastors and thier personal lives,i feel that God knows best.Any day (the worst is on saturdays)i read about pastors and thier mega bucks,personal life style,attitudes of thier children and others am tempted not to be in church the sunday of it.Even when i go and the man of God is talking on the pulpit,i either will start thinking in my mind that the guy is a NIGGA IN THE HOUSE OF GOD or that i have fell for d guys scam yet again.

This got me cracking my ribs and I cudn't stop laffing even till dis was posted cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Omolulu(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2010
REAL TRUTH:

For a very long time now,,,I ve not commented on NL.I ve been priviledged to always check on NL everyday,,I ve also checked on this thread since the OP started it,,I ve read other peoples post as well. Howver, I refused to comment until this one.
Mr Omololu,, your position and thinking on this issue is wrong.Just like many bigots who ve said one thing or the other on this issue. The truth is that people should not dabble into issues that they have little or no knowledge about.Why do you think the reason for Ighodalo's divorce was his fault? Have you ever thought if the said marriage was contracted under God? was he a Christian whe he married to the said wife?
I ve always told people that I do not have regards for any Nigerian Pastors except for Tunde Bakare and Kumuyi. The same people who re now criticising Ighodalo,,were they not in his wedding ceremony? Was Pastor Adeboye not present in his wedding? Why was he allowed to continue as a pastor for 2yrs after his wedding? Why the sudden change that he should resign from being a pastor at RCCG?
The bottomline here is that RCCG is one organisation that is fast becoming some thing worst than celestial church,,,Study your Bible very well, Ighodalo hasn't done anything wrong scripturally. If you need help go study 1st Corinthians 15,,,and am sure you won't get it until I explain it to you.

Study your own Bible very well and ask yourself "who made you his judge?" if you are a Christian as you profess u would leave his matter to be settled between him and God, this is my own issue, if a man has decided to preach the word of God and you have issues with it, i dont think it is right to stop people from hearing God's word one way or the other. besides you happen to have mixed my stance on the issue with oluwabamis. I believe i have no right to criticize him because i really don t know the issues that led to his divorce,

Besides,are you God that u now condemn whole churches? Brother, drink your own medicine and be more careful when commenting on Christian matters
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by adconline(m): 8:26pm On Jul 24, 2010
Maybe God has "called" him to start his own business. Lol
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by GEW: 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2010
phensic and paracetamol pls
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by mansmith(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2010
the truth must be said at whatever cost,Christians are not to divorce their wives and re marry while their wives are still alive.the so called pastor is committing adultery.be warned.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by PHIPEX(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2010
Is God really unaware of this possible sinerio when HE gave the commandment? I think to the contrary else it means that HE does not know the from the beginning.

Does the commandment not to marry a second wife hold only when both of them remain unmarried?

what does for better for worse really mean?

If both of them had covenanted (blood covenant) in African setting, could He have still still married even if she remarried?

Is there no possibility of the lady coming back to her senses and returning to her rightful husband?

I ask again must opening a new church be the only solution?
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2010
these guys are going about thier business with all seriouseness of purpose
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by cliveland: 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
REAL TRUTH
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church
« #52 on: Today at 08:47:17 AM »

Quote from: oluwabamis on Today at 07:50:29 AM
Omololu, that was a nice defence of the pastor, but its just possible that he run into the same issues as with the first wife. what would you advice him to do then, remarry a third time. Its also possible that in the next 5 years, something will come up again that will necessitate a 3rd wife.God help us oooo.
For a very long time now,,,I ve not commented on NL.I ve been priviledged to always check on NL everyday,,I ve also checked on this thread since the OP started it,,I ve read other peoples post as well. Howver, I refused to comment until this one.
Mr Omololu,, your position and thinking on this issue is wrong.Just like many bigots who ve said one thing or the other on this issue. The truth is that people should not dabble into issues that they have little or no knowledge about.Why do you think the reason for Ighodalo's divorce was his fault? Have you ever thought if the said marriage was contracted under God? was he a Christian whe he married to the said wife?
I ve always told people that I do not have regards for any Nigerian Pastors except for Tunde Bakare and Kumuyi. The same people who re now criticising Ighodalo,,were they not in his wedding ceremony? Was Pastor Adeboye not present in his wedding? Why was he allowed to continue as a pastor for 2yrs after his wedding? Why the sudden change that he should resign from being a pastor at RCCG?
The bottomline here is that RCCG is one organisation that is fast becoming some thing worst than celestial church,,,Study your Bible very well, Ighodalo hasn't done anything wrong scripturally. If you need help go study 1st Corinthians 15,,,and am sure you won't get it until I explain it to you.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i really dont buy the doctrines of the RCCG but then if all the Pastors that be including the G.O and the elders, taking that Pastor Ituah was very popular within the fold attending his wedding eat, drank, wined and danced with the bride and groom, i find it rather ridiculous that the same peeps 2 years after were complaining, who amongst them can spend 1 year in full honesty to God without a woman in their life and not full around not to mention 10yrs, come to think of it the said 1st wife had moved on has kids so he should die an "unfulfilled man"

i had always wished he moved on, well setting up his own church i cant delibrate on, who says the "VIP" that attended could not have come cause of the wife, peeps 4get she's an event planner and they came to wish her n her hubby well, solidarity.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by vislabraye(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2010
He has to move on with life and ministry. People should really look at some issues before condemming. His wife has remarried. Should he now go and kill her and get so he could get married. This is legalism
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2010
vislabraye:

He has to move on with life and ministry. People should really look at some issues before condemming. His wife has remarried. Should he now go and kill her and get so he could get married. This is legalism
I don't have much knowledge about the man in question or his exact situation/circumstance, but i think you're discussing on christian divorce and remarriage. To start with no true christian will divorce, and no true christian will remarry while the spouse is alive. That's Bible. Thank God its in the NT. We'll have started hearing lecture about the Law. Now its grammar about legalism. A christian keeps God's commands or He is not a christian. It is that plain and plain.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by warrior01: 12:08am On Jul 26, 2010
I wonder why they are not called to open churches in Chad, Niger, Darfur, Central African Republic etc. Always in highbrow and rich areas and nothing for the poor. Next branch would be opened in UK and from there to US where the gospel will be paid for in dollars. The other day he paid for a full page advert of himself on a national daily. Just wondering whether God is selective where the Gospel should be preached and located. My brothers, is it in the bible that air conditioned churches should not be built in poor areas like Okokomaiko with Pastor Ituah being the G.O there and living in their midst?
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by maedan(f): 12:15am On Jul 26, 2010
warrior01:

I wonder why they are not called to open churches in Chad, Niger, Darfur, Central African Republic etc. Always in highbrow and rich areas and nothing for the poor. Next branch would be opened in UK and from there to US where the gospel will be paid for in dollars. The other day he paid for a full page advert of himself on a national daily. Just wondering whether God is selective where the Gospel should be preached and located. My brothers, is it in the bible that air conditioned churches should not be built in poor areas like Okokomaiko with Pastor Ituah being the G.O there and living in their midst?

You have a point there tho'. I'm sure many pastors-in-training are always praying to be 'posted' to head branches in "highbrow" areas and prayerfully reject to pastor in poor regions. Heaven help us.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by maedan(f): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2010
And another thing: about the folks "judging" him regarding his second marriage, it is time people remember the days of the Pharisees, when they used the "Law" to oppress and constrict God's people. To me I see no "harm" in Ighodalo remarrying whether his first wife is alive or not, must he wait for her to die before he finds happiness as a husband, let God judge him but as far as I'm concerned there's no need to condemn him for it.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Kilode1: 1:23am On Jul 26, 2010
faithin9ja:

@Kilode?
Point of correction the tax collectors in the 1st Century AD in the Roman Province of Palestine, were indeed thieves, The Jewish hierarchy could not stand them because they were instruments of the colonial power, the Romans, they collected far in excess of what they were suppose to collect and were deeply corrupt.

However unlike the 'Bigmen' at this event when they sat down with Jesus alongside love-peddlers, drunkards and other ne'er do wells, they were aware of their short comings and sought repentance from Jesus. It is documented in the gospels how at least one tax collector offered to return his ill gotten loot. However the modern-day tax collector does not admit his/her short comings and are probably better compared to the Pharisees/ Sadducee who despised the tax collectors and thought they (Pharisees) were the pious heaven bound people.

Nigeria is very much like the old Jewish tradition; the Jews of old felt that if you were wealthy and healthy you were blessed, favoured by God and most definitely heaven-bound, that's why they could not understand Jesus when he said 'it would be easier for the head of a camel to go through the eye of needle than for a rich man to enter heaven'.

The old Jewish tradition called the infirm, disabled, wretched poor - unclean - They needed salvation by following stringent Jewish laws to go to heaven. (I am generalising) - Why did Ighodalo not do his launching in Akonwojo?

This is the mind set of the modern Nigerian, to be holy and blessed, you must financially and socially successful; these are the the people of Men of God fraternise with - the bigmen. So Kilode I hear your point; but our bigmen are not sinful but sorrowful tax collectors but rather hypocritical Pharisees.

Temples of Solomon ? why are the tithes not used to alleviate the suffering in this country? Oxfam, Christian Aid, etc are Christian charities that collect small small money from church-goers in the Western world to spend on projects in obscure African villages. When last did our Jet Flying Men of God do similar? (and I am not talking of donating a few tins of Nido milk to motherless babies home with all the camera men there)

@ faithin9ja,
So we don't overstretch the argument, lets agree that those tax collectors were Thieves.

But, they were mere employees and they were not even Romans, they were Jews, who in the big picture were doing the biddings of their oppressive Roman masters.

You can't possibly compare their role and influence to that of our current leaders, who are Nigerians and have it within their power to influence changes and give us -and our children, a country we can all be proud of.

So my gripe with this so-called Men of God is their silence over social issues and governance and it is a slap on the faces on their congregants when they allow these same betrayers to sit in exalted places in the church.
This is not just like Jesus preaching salvation to contrite tax collectors. It is like Jesus hosting a banquet for Herod or Nero, patting them on the back while rolling out the red carpet for them at the "Sermon on the Mount"

You don't have to agree with me.  but I have no iota of respect for any Man of God who do not stand with the people of Nigeria against these Government leeches, and it must be obvious you stand with the poor suffering masses, no hidden chastising inside Aso Rock, do like Jesus, condemn them in public, then I will respect your ministry.

Even Martin Luther, the Father of the reformation that so-called Pentecostals now enjoy did the same, (Although he later went berserk with his anti-Jew rhetoric, a clear reason no to consider anyone above criticism).

So I agree with you for the most part but, we need to come down more strongly on the two-faced Christianity practised by these Nigerian religious leaders. I believe Jesus would, if anything I've read about him is real.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by sim4fx(m): 1:46am On Jul 26, 2010
Nairalanders, let's lave this man alone with his God and life, let him mind his business and do what he is doing. Our problem in Nigeria is that we talk about others why we leave our own matter unresolved. Some of us have some terrible issues in our own life or relationships or homes; but we have leave our own and talking another man's matter. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, FACE YOUR LIFE AND LEAVE ANOTHER.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER? That is the mos important matter now. The man Ituah is doing his own. What of you?

I don't know the man but he is doing something, what are you doing?

THINK of that. wink wink wink
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Shinatu: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2010
Ninapha:

@REAL TRUTH

I want agree with you on your opinion, Most people see spiritual things as things they can handle anyhow. If we want to tell ourselves the truth, how many pastors/men can live without a wife/woman/girl just to make heaven. Most pastors have caused God more pains while presenting themselves as Christians to their churches.

So long Pastor Ituah has not done anything contrary except if 1. He married before the first wife. 2. If the first wife is willing to come back to him.

I have seen cases where Christians hold on to marriages that have caused then their eternal heritance. A marriage of sorrow, filled with hatred for each other yet for the sake of the church,they stayed together. Now what is the guarantee that such couple would make heaven after all?

A couple I know have lived together for 15yrs now without sleeping or eating anything from each other but once there is any occasion in the church, they would appear as husband and wife and yet the man has concubines here and there.

For 1Cor. 15, Like u said, i wish that u can relate its contest to the topic cos I read it but it looks vague in relation to the topic.

@Ninapha
God bless you for this simple but deep statement, staying in a difficult marriage could cost you eternal life!
My Pastor, in one of his sermons mentioned that a sister got married unknowingly to someone with a mental problem, the man chases her around at night with all sorts of objects, but as far as he(the Pastor) is concerned she cannot leave the mariage (not even the man's house) becuase leaving will be disobeying the word of God.

How can this woman live with this man without wishing him dead? since it is only his death that can set her free, how can she have these evil wishes and maintain a relationship with God in her heart? and if she is not able to maintain this relationship with God, how will she make Heaven?

This is one of the reasons, I have decided to stay away from leadership positions in the Church, I want to live for God and not for people!

1 Like

Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by kingrhirhs(m): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2010
I think this church will have divorce as one of his cardinal doctrine. [/font] [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by agitator: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2010
Ninapha:

A couple I know have lived together for 15yrs now without sleeping or eating anything from each other but once there is any occasion in the church, they would appear as husband and wife and yet the man has concubines here and there.

For 1Cor. 15, Like u said, i wish that u can relate its contest to the topic cos I read it but it looks vague in relation to the topic.

and you feel they are Christians(Christlike)? Who are they deceiving? God is not mocked Gal. 6:7

These same people will preach for others to be converted to Christianity.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by DejiYesufu(m): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
I cant believe how much comment this topic has elated.
Ninapha:

@REAL TRUTH

I want agree with you on your opinion,  Most people see spiritual things as things they can handle anyhow.  If we want to tell ourselves the truth, how many pastors/men can live without a wife/woman/girl just to make heaven.  Most pastors have caused God more pains while presenting themselves as Christians to  their churches.

So long Pastor Ituah has not done anything contrary except if  1.  He married before the first wife.  2.  If the first wife is willing to come back to him.

I have seen cases where Christians hold on to marriages that have caused then their eternal heritance.  A marriage of sorrow, filled with hatred for each other yet for the sake of the church,they stayed together.  Now what is the guarantee that such couple would make heaven after all?

For  1Cor. 15,  Like u said, i wish that u can relate its contest to the topic cos I read it but it looks vague in relation to the topic.
In addition to what I have said1 cor 7 makes it clear that if the unbelieving departs the christian is not bound he should remarry! If it is true the pastor was not born again when it happened and the woman is now married, then my suspicion that the RCCG is just playing its usual hypocritical stance by not allowing the man to remarry, is confirmed.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2010
Church business is good businness,Bunch of crooks
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by olasquare: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2010
@GEW, @man smith, @adconlin, 1 fact you need 2 know is God himself knows wot man each 1 of us is, & he says shld God begins to take notice of sins no one will be excused, this is not a defence for the man, but God dt chooses to make a murderer the greatest prophet; can u question this God? MOSES is the greatest prophet according to the bible,

& about his divorce, b4 you can judge a man in that circumstance you will need to know wot led to the divorce then plz find time to read 1 corinthian 7 vs 1-end, take notice of vs 15

I can tell u categorically that pastor Ituah is not who u guyz think he is, I know him, the elders @ RCCG, like other elders @ other churches are just being doctrinal, and their doctrine on this issue is based on dogma, plz xtains stop being lazy let us search the word, pastors are not the only one allowed to search, they shldn't cause confussion

@warrior01, i wonder just like you, y can't this pastors go to the interior parts of this country to open church, why must it be Lagos, Lagos, It is biz truly, @least pastors too go eat
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 9:24am On Jul 27, 2010
Shinatu
You may need to read or re-read 1Corinthians 7. It's addressing all believers not just leaders.
cor 7 makes it clear that if the
unbelieving departs the christian is not bound he should remarry!
This must be TRD version (the reverend dejiyesufu version) of the Bible. How much we try to make the Bible say what it doesn't say.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by agitator: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2010
If really you worship our Lord Jesus Christ then you will follow his teachings in Matthew 5, Mark 10 Instead you are busy following the teachings of his Apostle Paul in 1Corinthians 7. No wonder you people always hang on every word of your pastors, mog, etc even though you know it goes against Christ's teachings.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 10:37am On Jul 27, 2010
And what is the teaching in 1Corinthians 7 that should not OR should be followed?
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by apasico(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
Look most of us lack Knowledge. Like the Bible says "My People perish because of they lack Knowledge".

In Mark 10 Jesus Himself said something about Divorce, That for no reason shall married couple divorce unless on sexual reasons. So if that Pastor divorced his wife for something else, then sorry because the Bible made it clear.

So before we go further lets know the reason for their divorce.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by yjay(f): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
@sophy09, spot on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can u imagine setting up a church at the civic centre, so what can happen? i think a lot of these men of God are so blinded by wealth & class that they forget wat truly matters, RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by ogaemma: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2010
babylon on the move.what a big shame.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by DejiYesufu(m): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2010
Image123:

Shinatu
You may need to read or re-read 1Corinthians 7. It's addressing all believers not just leaders.This must be TRD version (the reverend dejiyesufu version) of the Bible. How much we try to make the Bible say what it doesn't say.
I look forward to that version of the Bible as it may enlighten us more on what scripture truly teaches.
apasico:

Look most of us lack Knowledge. Like the Bible says "My People perish because of they lack Knowledge".

In Mark 10 Jesus Himself said something about Divorce, That for no reason shall married couple divorce unless on sexual reasons. So if that Pastor divorced his wife for something else, then sorry because the Bible made it clear.

So before we go further lets know the reason for their divorce.

apasico pls understand that the teaching of Paul is allowed in the Holy writ to shed greater light on the mind of God which Jesus in his earthly ministry could not say. The scripture in Mark 10 does not give license to divorce over sexual sin; if it does where then is the issue of forgiveness.
My contention is that the RCCG cannot just sit on dogma to jugde the man. That his wife is still alive is not a reason to say he cannot remarry. It is safe that MOG marries. By the way this has been helpful discusss on NL, except for those who who hide behind computers to insult other people. every one has a right to his views. cheer.
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by Image123(m): 10:53am On Jul 28, 2010
I look forward to that version of the Bible as it may enlighten us more on what scripture truly teaches.
A version that adds to or says what God didn't say? No. Here is the erroneous version again.
cor 7 makes it clear that if the unbelieving departs the christian is not bound he should remarry!
Re: Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church by DejiYesufu(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
Image123:

A version that adds to or says what God didn't say? No. Here is the erroneous version again.
1corinthians 7:15 - "But if the unbeliever departs, let him(her)depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace."
That is what the Bible teaches. Not to be in bondage implies that he is free to remarry, I dont know what else it could mean. I am not making a case for divorce; I would wish all marraiges would last happilly ever after, atleast that is what I pray for mine, but real life tells us that is not so and the Bible that is real and not hippocrate has made allowance for such impossible cases. We cannot hide at the back of dogma and continue to make someone suffer, like in the case of Ighodalo. That man has a veritable reason to remarry and those who oppose it should pray they dont find themselves in such a temptation.
I rest my case. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Evolution Was Untrue. / One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Shiloh 2020 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.