Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (823712 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Cuteaidomo: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2018
Thanks alot

daks02:

Congrats dear!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 8:36am On Nov 29, 2018
NO to bold...Its good you are looking into that direction to ease things and avoid your file from landing at AVO for common law review (this is just my opinion). you can use any registry, ikoyi is just famous and well recognized by most embassies. furthermore i'd advice you to do the registry thing after AOR while submitting POF for two of you. by doing this you have covered all grounds that could easily attract ADR. your partner would only do PCC and MED after adding her. it will definitely end in praise.

ready4glory:

Thanks for your honest view, I'll look at going to a registry next month. Please, can we do it at ANY registry? Or must it be Ikoyi?

Also, does that mean my partner would have to do a change of name something before we can proceed?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OYASALOF(f): 8:44am On Nov 29, 2018
Let there be PPR rain from today in Jesus name.
Can't wait to see "gather round people, my people it has landed o.... “

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LadyJasper: 8:55am On Nov 29, 2018
StKizito2:

If you are in litigation simple include all the things you do from filling of proecess in court or legal representation
If it's corporate law - same
You don't have to even look at the NOC to know your JD. If you need more clarification send me a PM
Thank you so much, I really appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2018
Fill in your actual years.
Labaks404:
Hello guys, do you fill in duration of study as two years each for both diploma and HND on the express entry page? I know Wes already evaluated as 3years or more, does that mean i have to backdate the HND duration to make it 3yrs or still fill it as 2yrs? For those that did it, how did you fill ur duration of study for hnd pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Yemsot: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2018
StKizito2:
Is there anyone that used ICES here ? How did you make payment. Thank you

well i made payment with my mums credit card. but i think you can use your naira master card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 9:15am On Nov 29, 2018
If it was me... I will listen to what the NOC oracle have said but lemme come and be going.
Newmum0615:
It's either you know how to paraphrase sentences or you don't. Using someone else's JD to write your own won't make it any easier for you. You may even get into trouble if you don't do it well. No two organisations can have the same wording of a job description even if they are similar job roles. I'd suggest you use the NOC listing and do a thorough rewording of the duties if you must. Another way is to work with whatever you are given from your HR and let that guide you together with the NOC list of duties to come up with something for final sign-off.
Anyone that wants to help with theirs can do so, I just gave my humble opinion sha.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NeneSisi: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2018
Congratulations to all ITA clinchers.

God, we need more PPR stories please.

Meanwhile, on my way to work this morning, look what I saw...

Someone living the Canadian life in Nigeria lol

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 9:25am On Nov 29, 2018
NeneSisi:

grin grin grin grin this is very serious o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by toskeO: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2018
Also try using your tracking number on the vfs website....you may see the current status of your passport

gook:

RESPONSE FROM SISTER FORUM BELOW
Randomsue: 4:08pm
You could try calling their customer care first to confirm, the number is available online. This is to avoid a futile trip...every kobo of of is important grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Distinct777: 9:39am On Nov 29, 2018
I basically copied the JD in my cv, with little modifications here and there grin

LadyJasper:
Please are there any lawyers in the house willing to help me with a sample of their work reference before I go and copy verbatim what's provided in the NOC?

I just need a sample to construct mine with because the job duties provided for in the NOC are what I do but I don't want my work reference to be verbatim.

Just indicate and I'd slide into your DM, it's kinda urgent now.

Many thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NeneSisi: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2018
Hahaha no be small

zannie:

grin grin grin grin this is very serious o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LadyJasper: 9:50am On Nov 29, 2018
Distinct777:
I basically copied the JD in my cv, with little modifications here and there grin

Lol, as if you knew what I've decided to do. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bolajeebabz(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2018
boco2126:
On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.

i am qouting you for a third time now.. pls help a brother with the Ryan Materials.. seriously need it. toondaycoal13@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2018
princesschuks:

More like snail airlines
I swear grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dekembabe: 10:11am On Nov 29, 2018
ITA received !!!�

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:12am On Nov 29, 2018
NeneSisi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:13am On Nov 29, 2018
OYASALOF:
Let there be PPR rain from today in Jesus name.
Can't wait to see "gather round people, my people it has landed o.... “
I was thinking the exact same thing. We've not had any this week
Abeg let it pour O

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 10:14am On Nov 29, 2018
Labaks404:
Hello guys, do you fill in duration of study as two years each for both diploma and HND on the express entry page? I know Wes already evaluated as 3years or more, does that mean i have to backdate the HND duration to make it 3yrs or still fill it as 2yrs? For those that did it, how did you fill ur duration of study for hnd pls?

For ND I filled 2 years, for HND I filled the three years WES gave me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by barbz06: 10:16am On Nov 29, 2018
Please consider all options given very well so you don't get married just to avoid AVO. There's no guarantee that your file won't end up there.

ready4glory:
Thank you all, I appreciate it. I'll make enquiries on how to go about the registry thing ASAP. Like play like play, guyman go marry this year sha grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2018
See all the commitment-phobes talking about 'consider all options'
He said it's laziness that is holding him, not that he doesn't want to get hitched
My fren, go and get married joor

common law ko, rare anarchy ni

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2018
Please forge ahead with your application. A couple i know living together since 2016 applied as common-law LESBIAN partners. AOR was Sept 4. VO is Ottawa. Additional requirement for RPRF was received yesterday meaning better progress has been made on the application. So long as you have documents to back it up and be sure to download the common law declaration form, fill and have it notarized.
ready4glory:
Thank you all, I appreciate it. I'll make enquiries on how to go about the registry thing ASAP. Like play like play, guyman go marry this year sha grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2018
Sandydav:
Please forge ahead with your application. A couple i know living together since 2016 applied as common-law LESBIAN partners. AOR was Sept 4. VO is Ottawa. Additional requirement for RPRF was received yesterday meaning better progress has been made on the application. So long as you have documents to back it up and be sure to download the common law declaration form, fill and have it notarized.

Wow..Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 10:58am On Nov 29, 2018
Most likely. You'd be surprised to know that LBGQT is more common in Nigeria than we care to admit.
Sthill5:

Wow..Nigerians?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2018
Yup! Nigerians living in Nigeria.
Sthill5:

Wow..Nigerians?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 11:01am On Nov 29, 2018
Sandydav:

hmmm. interesting context for long-term roommates to consider. you don't need proof that the relationship is public because its illegal.

Better than lie-lie assylum. You can even write loe requesting for speedy processing, since your life has been in danger since you notarised the declaration form. You don't trust the notary not to spill on you.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 29, 2018
I tell you. If only only we know our brothers/sisters, cousins, nephews/nieces and family friends that are living their best lgbtq lives low key.
Newmum0615:
Most likely. You'd be surprised to know that LBGQT is more common in Nigeria than we care to admit.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 11:03am On Nov 29, 2018
Sthill5:

I agree with this. It actually more common than we think. I know a family, the parents didn't get married until their 4th child was born.
I have distant relatives who had kids before they got married, lived together for years, did almost everything that married couples do. Its just frowned upon because of our religious climate.

it's very common, but lack of legality makes it complicated. What happens if one of them dies? Will bank agree to treat the other as next of kin?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by advocatetruth(f): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2018
StKizito2:
Is there anyone that used ICES here ? How did you make payment. Thank you

I used my GT naira master card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2018
Newmum0615:
See me later for a cold bottle of stout.

Kor kor kor... Escuse me Sir Ma, you said i should comman see you? I have come, please i need it extra chilled.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kiari: 11:12am On Nov 29, 2018
AWWWWW shocked cool

Sandydav:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2018
Newmum0615:

Thats quite something

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.