Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821114 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Oakbend16: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
I want to send WAEC scratch card to WES Canada, plenty indicate if you are interested in joining forces to send one pack via courier. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Fabmummy: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2018
bLacKGoLd3:

Please, could you share some of these free online courses/services?

Thanks, a bunch.

http://www.arriveprepared.ca/

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arrival-services-avant-arrivee&utm_medium=short-url-en&utm_campaign=general

The second link was in our ppr mail. It has different services.

21 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
kemkem30:

Play around with the CRS calculator, the best PA is the one that gives the highest points. Start PEBC ASAP and book IELTS. they are two independent processes that can be done at the same time.
Thanks a lot. I've 'played around' with the CRS calculator; and I'm already on my ECA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
You know you can actually dive into the pool with this score while you plan to upgrade and update your writing?
Daybour1:
4th Attempt on IELTS with BC: LRSW - 8.5,9,8,6.5

Applied for remark of my writing and came back unchanged yesterday... I'm literally exhausted. ECA had been completed since August and could not wait to dive into the pool this year.

Can anyone please assist with writing tips that are sure to work anytime anyday?

Tired

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 11, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
ottawasenators:
Well, who knows that might prompt draws to even fall earlier say 24th, Monday and therefore favour people.

Lets keep fingers crossed and hope for the best. wink

It is that 2nd draw I waiting for. Will create a profile after the draw tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onyeenyeh: 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello Fellow PPR December recipients. Hope we are all buckled up for the wave of PPRs about to hit us by God's grace.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2018
Fabmummy:
Congratulations to all the ppr recipients, real work starts now. We've been taking those free online courses/services to ensure we start right when we land. Although some are very demanding but it will pay off las las by God's grace.

Quite a number have reported that in their ppr mail, they were asked to send passport to India.

In our own case: we simply sent a mail to CPC Ottawa to request that we submit to Accra, since we reside in Nigeria and it's the closest VO to us. We got a response that another ppr mail has been sent ,which didn't get to us till late night same day, requesting we forward our passports to Accra.

To others still waiting... may luck, favour and God come through for you all.
fabmummy can you please assist with those free online courses/services site
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by muta18: 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
Daybour1:

Applied for remark of my writing and came back unchanged yesterday... I'm literally exhausted. ECA had been completed since August and could not wait to dive into the pool this year.

Can anyone please assist with writing tips that are sure to work anytime anyday?

Tired

Since you have your ECA already, you ought to have created your profile with the previous IELTS result(s) to avoid tie-breaking rule.

Please do so IMMEDIATELY and then update/upgrade whenever you hit at least 8777 in LRWS.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Fabmummy: 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
Richness1104:
fabmummy can you please assist with those free online courses/services site

Shared already. You can also check https://prepcan.ca and https://www.prepareforcanada.com/category/career-pathways/#.XA_NwnQo_qA there are many webinars that will be of great benefit.

13 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ifeoma77:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ayam polygamous
Na ur sth go hear am. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rijo02: 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
EGBEDA101:
Hello Friends,

I am in the advanced stage of my doctorate degree in Economics and would be concluding by September 2019,all things being equal.

I intend taking up a lecturing job since I love imparting knowledge.

Are there lecturing opportunities for Ph.D holders from Nigeria?

Many thanks.

Generally, new Ph.D graduate take up post-doctoral positions as they need more experience before landing an assistant professor position. This is generally the procedure in North America but I suppose it is different in Nigeria. So upon your arrival or even before then, start looking up for professors whose research interests align with yours (keep in touch if need be) for a possible post-doctoral position. Once you get in and you do your stuff well, you will fly easily.
All the best!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by connectgt: 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please, what card are you sending, is it the result checker slip or unscratched card? I have been asking these question since as I couldn't get the unscratched card but just result checker slip from WAEC office in Port Harcourt

Oakbend16:
I want to send WAEC scratch card to WES Canada, plenty indicate if you are interested in joining forces to send one pack via courier. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by saidato: 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please kindly help to send the material to saidat.bolaogun@gmail.com
Please I'm interested in getting the material. chizoakuta@gmail.com is my email. Thanks boss.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Lastruct: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
If you still have enough time to submit your eAPR, You may wait till you get the report, otherwise, go ahead and submit, once the report is ready, mail it to your panel physician for upload to your application.
However, there is no much issue on Hep B, what is important is that you carry out all required test and your gastro giving a quality report including addressing history, diagnosis, management needs and expected prognosis. Let your test also include hepatitis serology and recent LFTs, Fibroscan or liver ultrasound. He should also specify if antiviral treatment is required. Looking at the results you will also know if they are okay or not. You should be fine especially of you have been placed on drug or supplements as your case may require.

Follow up with the Gastro doctor if there are no major issues with your test results. Regards

joyous2910:
Good evening to my dear online family. Been a silent reader and have learnt a lot. God bless all the contributors.
Please i have a situation and need advise from seniors here. Biko SOS sad
I am post ITA but there is an issue with my medical. Had medicals done at IOM and found out i have Hep B during the medical exam and was refereed to see a Gastro for further consultation so as to obtain a medical report to submit back at the clinic before they will upload my medicals on CIC e-portal. Medicals for all other family members were uploaded and the clinic gave me information sheet print out for all of us. Getting the report has been hectic as the Doctor has been delaying the process and time is no longer on my side though still waiting as all the required tests had been done; waiting for result and report. My question is that can i go ahead and submit my e-apr pending the time i get the Gastro medical report since i already have required form to upload for the ITA? I have read on the thread about applicants with Hep B issue and eventually got PPR but haven't seen any with my exact scenarios.

Please help!!! cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2018
Are you ready? The Lord is ready to release PPR of some brethren. I say Congratulations in advance!!!

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Oakbend16: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hmm, according to WES it's "scratch card" don't know about result checker. Will find out from the waec staff if there's need to scratch the card or leave it as purchased

connectgt:
Please, what card are you sending, is it the result checker slip or unscratched card? I have been asking these question since as I couldn't get the unscratched card but just result checker slip from WAEC office in Port Harcourt

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Congrats sis!

Waiting for you in the oza room. grin wink grin
dumprep:
Hello my greatest fam smiley

I have just landed in Toronto. The cold o! The sub-zero breeze that slapped my face and froze my lips the second I got down the plane ehn.

#raphrulz#dumpreprulz#scriptsmarking#ifeoma3over10#joo2over10
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 5:30pm On Dec 11, 2018
We are all wondering....but IRCC always do their own thing!
laghopeful20181:
Good morning people!

Congratulations to all on their various milestones

So, considering that the last Invitation round was on the 28th of November, do we think there will be 2 invitation rounds in December
If there is one tomorrow, 2 weeks after will be 26th of December...I am assuming there will be a holiday na... just wondering...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
Congratulations to all the Ita and ppr recipients...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bule(m): 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
COPR:

Google Hellofax.

Hello COPR i have tried reaching you via PM. Need a contact at NECO Minna as a verification has taken too long without any feedback. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
1. Raise a CSE and choose 'Technical difficulties". Explain your problem. Provide a screenshot if possible.

2. That's rough. It is wrong data entry that made it ineligible, so I'm not sure it can be recovered. But no harm in trying. Try to link to the old account using this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=850&top=29
Imarama:
Good Evening Nairalanders,

Congratulations to all who have scaled through various phases succesfully. Please has anyone experienced issues with submitting EE profile but no profile no generated. Since 3rd of Dec it has been showing submitted, i decided to update and hoping to click on continue button. Still not responding, please help.

Also I received invitation to apply for Saskatchewan PNP but with my old EE profile number which has been rendered ineligible due to wrongly transmitted info. What's the best way forward pls.

quote author=adebee16 post=73723007]It's 2 months now, 60 days... Just thought to chip that in

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 5:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Awwwww...
Daybour1:

Tired
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2018
smslive2:
Are you ready? The Lord is ready to release PPR of some brethren. I say Congratulations in advance!!!

Thank you bro, I’m ready!. Its ending in praise for me finally!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Trizadove: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please I am interested in sending either WAEC or NECO to WES. Doing g this for my spouse too. That makes us 2. We are ready to join any other team members too. I don't know the process
Kindly assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by juicebox: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Everyone brace up, AVO is about to open the flood gates of PPR and we will be needing 2 new threads for the jubilations to follow. What better way to kick off the holiday season wink

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hi Everyone.
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I've read from part 4 till date so as to ensure the question I am about to ask has not been answered in entirety. I will be grateful to get your humble opinion on this. Sorry for the Long post pls. Just be patient with me.

So, I want to apply for the Canadian express entry. I am currently residing in Canada and just rounded off my masters, hence I just need to write IELTS and get POF which won't be an issue. Due to my study in Canada, my CRS score is high and shouldn't be an issue getting my PR. Also, I have never been denied a visa before. Have a valid US Visa and have also been to Dubai.

Here is where the challenge comes in:
Upon arrival for my master's programs, my long-time boyfriend also tried getting his study visa but unfortunately, he was denied 3 times (all within 2018) with home ties and purpose of visit as denial reasons. Before then he has been denied 3visiting visas to the US between 2015 and 2016 and also a study visa to the US in 2017. With a clean record in Canada and Excellent admission at a top Canada university, we hoped it getting a study visa won't be an issue but unfortunately, its been denial with this last gotten this month.

I plan to apply for my PR next month and I think him coming under my application as my spouse will be easier than applying for a spousal sponsorship later due to the time it takes. He doesn't need to write IELTS OR ECA because my points will still be above the cutoff mark.

My concerns please:
1. Will his previous denial pose a challenge or risk us getting the PR even if I am the one to stand as the principal applicant.
2. Due to the time frame between denials and court wedding happening (which we plan to take place next month), will it be seen as a desperate move and raise concerns with the VO? (The wedding would have always happened, just that this would make it take place sooner than expected. Just court so as to get the certificate to add to the application).
3. If No 2 won't raise a concern, is there a time period I would have to wait before creating an EE profile (Though I would be leaving Nigeria back to Canada 5days after d court union because of work issues and this would show in my travel records)
4. Please Is there any other advice or opinions that can help our situation.

We want to be sure cos He doesn't want a situation wherein his several denials would hurt my chances of getting my own PR since my record is clean and straightforward.
My thinking is that me standing as the PA will serve as a covering for him.

Please, I will sincerely appreciate your constructive advice and comments.
Sorry for the Long post once again. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by codehead777: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good evening guys,

Does anyone have any good contact for Passport renewal in Lagos? I need to renew my passport ASAP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Well, if the trends from the previous years is to go by,
there shall be "most likely" two draws left this Dec. as it is usually the norm. Expectedly, one shld drop tomoro while the next one will be at a wk interval. Besides, the total ITA's sent out this year is still about 1000+ short of last year. Meanwhile, this year's ITA is expected to be more.
ottawasenators:
Well, who knows that might prompt draws to even fall earlier say 24th, Monday and therefore favour people.

Lets keep fingers crossed and hope for the best. wink

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by godfollows: 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
I do not think that that would pose a threat to your application.Just ensure that your all previous denials are declared...Ensure that you support it with a LOE explaining travel history...If

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by godfollows: 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2018
I do not think that that would pose a threat to your application.Just ensure that your all previous denials are declared...Ensure that you support it with a LOE explaining travel history...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
This is a very good advise considering that your date of entry could later serve u advantage with this "tie breaking rules" lately. You will only update ur new score on ur profile when eventually increased.
smslive2:
You know you can actually dive into the pool with this score while you plan to upgrade and update your writing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.