Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819618 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2018
HTGAWM:
Hi Everyone.
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I've read from part 4 till date so as to ensure the question I am about to ask has not been answered in entirety. I will be grateful to get your humble opinion on this. Sorry for the Long post pls. Just be patient with me.

So, I want to apply for the Canadian express entry. I am currently residing in Canada and just rounded off my masters, hence I just need to write IELTS and get POF which won't be an issue. Due to my study in Canada, my CRS score is high and shouldn't be an issue getting my PR. Also, I have never been denied a visa before. Have a valid US Visa and have also been to Dubai.

Here is where the challenge comes in:
Upon arrival for my master's programs, my long-time boyfriend also tried getting his study visa but unfortunately, he was denied 3 times (all within 2018) with home ties and purpose of visit as denial reasons. Before then he has been denied 3visiting visas to the US between 2015 and 2016 and also a study visa to the US in 2017. With a clean record in Canada and Excellent admission at a top Canada university, we hoped it getting a study visa won't be an issue but unfortunately, its been denial with this last gotten this month.

I plan to apply for my PR next month and I think him coming under my application as my spouse will be easier than applying for a spousal sponsorship later due to the time it takes. He doesn't need to write IELTS OR ECA because my points will still be above the cutoff mark.

My concerns please:
1. Will his previous denial pose a challenge or risk us getting the PR even if I am the one to stand as the principal applicant.
2. Due to the time frame between denials and court wedding happening (which we plan to take place next month), will it be seen as a desperate move and raise concerns with the VO? (The wedding would have always happened, just that this would make it take place sooner than expected. Just court so as to get the certificate to add to the application).
3. If No 2 won't raise a concern, is there a time period I would have to wait before creating an EE profile (Though I would be leaving Nigeria back to Canada 5days after d court union because of work issues and this would show in my travel records)
4. Please Is there any other advice or opinions that can help our situation.

We want to be sure cos He doesn't want a situation wherein his several denials would hurt my chances of getting my own PR since my record is clean and straightforward.
My thinking is that me standing as the PA will serve as a covering for him.

Please, I will sincerely appreciate your constructive advice and comments.
Sorry for the Long post once again. Thank you
His visa denials have no negative effects, they may just check his background more. Make sure you list those denials if possible with their evidence if available. You marrying Jim next month is not any sign of desperation. Just keep your photos and courtship stuff intact.?
Do what you have to do and create your profile.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rijo02: 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
HTGAWM:
Hi Everyone.
I have been a silent follower of this thread and I've read from part 4 till date so as to ensure the question I am about to ask has not been answered in entirety. I will be grateful to get your humble opinion on this. Sorry for the Long post pls. Just be patient with me.

So, I want to apply for the Canadian express entry. I am currently residing in Canada and just rounded off my masters, hence I just need to write IELTS and get POF which won't be an issue. Due to my study in Canada, my CRS score is high and shouldn't be an issue getting my PR. Also, I have never been denied a visa before. Have a valid US Visa and have also been to Dubai.

Here is where the challenge comes in:
Upon arrival for my master's programs, my long-time boyfriend also tried getting his study visa but unfortunately, he was denied 3 times (all within 2018) with home ties and purpose of visit as denial reasons. Before then he has been denied 3visiting visas to the US between 2015 and 2016 and also a study visa to the US in 2017. With a clean record in Canada and Excellent admission at a top Canada university, we hoped it getting a study visa won't be an issue but unfortunately, its been denial with this last gotten this month.

I plan to apply for my PR next month and I think him coming under my application as my spouse will be easier than applying for a spousal sponsorship later due to the time it takes. He doesn't need to write IELTS OR ECA because my points will still be above the cutoff mark.

My concerns please:
1. Will his previous denial pose a challenge or risk us getting the PR even if I am the one to stand as the principal applicant.
2. Due to the time frame between denials and court wedding happening (which we plan to take place next month), will it be seen as a desperate move and raise concerns with the VO? (The wedding would have always happened, just that this would make it take place sooner than expected. Just court so as to get the certificate to add to the application).
3. If No 2 won't raise a concern, is there a time period I would have to wait before creating an EE profile (Though I would be leaving Nigeria back to Canada 5days after d court union because of work issues and this would show in my travel records)

We want to be sure cos He doesn't want a situation wherein his several denials would hurt my chances of getting my own PR since my record is clean and straightforward.

Its normal to raise all these concerns. However, they are really nothing.

All you need is to have enough evidence to prove your relationship and subsequent marriage. Even it was just 1 night you spent in Nigeria after marriage, it doesn't matter. All that IRCC will look at is if you were physically present for the marriage.

This is based on my personal experience as I got married after I had come to Canada. They would like to see evidence of proof of marriage and relationship. So keep your WhatsApp calls, videos, money transfers, pictures, etc that you have with your guy as they will play a vital role.

So in all, you guys should go ahead (marry if you really are ready for marriage not just PR stuff) and get an ITA................before the conservatives comes in and changes the policy!
All the best!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 7:35pm On Dec 11, 2018
I prepared with e2langauge by Jay free YouTube videos

Daybour1:
4th Attempt on IELTS with BC: LRSW - 8.5,9,8,6.5

Applied for remark of my writing and came back unchanged yesterday... I'm literally exhausted. ECA had been completed since August and could not wait to dive into the pool this year.

Can anyone please assist with writing tips that are sure to work anytime anyday?

Tired

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 7:38pm On Dec 11, 2018
responses in bold letters
HTGAWM:
Hi Everyone.

My concerns please:
1. Will his previous denial pose a challenge or risk us getting the PR even if I am the one to stand as the principal applicant. NO
2. Due to the time frame between denials and court wedding happening (which we plan to take place next month), will it be seen as a desperate move and raise concerns with the VO? (The wedding would have always happened, just that this would make it take place sooner than expected. Just court so as to get the certificate to add to the application). NO IMO if am in your shoes i'll make the wedding happen after your AOR, that will help your score in the pool cox applying as single with the profile you shared (all things being equal IELTS in place) will almost land you ITA. your fiance's refusal is not a problem so far you can come out clean and make it open in your application. you might want to consider adding him after your AOR if adding him now might lower your CRS
3. If No 2 won't raise a concern, is there a time period I would have to wait before creating an EE profile (Though I would be leaving Nigeria back to Canada 5days after d court union because of work issues and this would show in my travel records). create your profile if your IELTS is set, i guess you dont need ECA as you posse a Canada certificate

We want to be sure cos He doesn't want a situation wherein his several denials would hurt my chances of getting my own PR since my record is clean and straightforward. his denials is not a problem

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Daybour1: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2018
Uchihasasuke19:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Please u need to read about some pages back and you will find loads of people's contacts with valuable materials to share. All u need do is stick with the one dt suits you the most and prepare harder.
Pls never think of giving up because u're so close already & don't delay too much b4 hitting the road again. All the best!
Uchihasasuke19:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Daybour1: 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thanks alot. I will try that this time.
Uchihasasuke19:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Daybour1: 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
Thank you for the encouragement. Will definitely work with this advise.
wasseynewest:
Please u need to read about some pages back and you will find loads of people's contacts with valuable materials to share. All u need do is stick with the one dt suits you the most and prepare harder.
Pls never think of giving up because u're so close already & don't delay too much b4 hitting the road again. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amica26: 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hello Fam. I am pre-ita. I changed the name on my passport. It included my grandfather's name and I dropped it. It was the only document containing that name. My old passport was retrieved and I was given a new one. My question is, would I need an LOE for that? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joyous2910: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
Lastruct:
If you still have enough time to submit your eAPR, You may wait till you get the report, otherwise, go ahead and submit, once the report is ready, mail it to your panel physician for upload to your application.
However, there is no much issue on Hep B, what is important is that you carry out all required test and your gastro giving a quality report including addressing history, diagnosis, management needs and expected prognosis. Let your test also include hepatitis serology and recent LFTs, Fibroscan or liver ultrasound. He should also specify if antiviral treatment is required. Looking at the results you will also know if they are okay or not. You should be fine especially of you have been placed on drug or supplements as your case may require.

Follow up with the Gastro doctor if there are no major issues with your test results. Regards

I appreciate all the enlightenment and contributions. I will push for another 5 days, if the report is not ready, i will submit . God bless you all. I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 8:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
Newmum0615:
Who dash am? He came late. We have handed Ifeoma over to Topsmamen.
but oga topsmamen has refuse to bring dowry na, even though we had put hand, we are still expectant grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 8:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
@dumprep congrats darling may the land be richly blessed for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2018
Tojued:

My dear, I no need to dey check mail, my mailbox is better attended to than my text messages lol. June is kind of in a hiatus the rain was mostly for may, July and August.
I'm even offline self the phone have off and I forgot charger in office. I borrowed this phone solely to read today's ppr announcements. Na because of newmum rendezvous I go buy new charger otherwise would have been offline till Monday. I've comot mind from ppr it will come when God thinks is the Best time.
where art thou now, have you left us for canny
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Desdes: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
Good day everyone!!!! Pls has anyone been able to book for appointment on d vfs website for next week.....tried booking but i can only c available dates for this week only...or are they closing for d Year by d end of the week? Sent them a mail already though bt no response yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by stonecoldcafe: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2018
tjbrown

Sting007

hachikaru

bababode825

peteronota

Adiepena

liferunsoncode

oluphilip2008

ofei

youseuph

Zeiya

NwabuezeCKA

daicee

Cutebabe0002

Congratulations to all noted above. May God bless you and your household as you begin this new part of your journey to our great country.
I play my instruments on this cold day and rejoice with yall today. Keep shinning

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tobore187: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
please add me too 08091572855. Thanks

Ramj:

I see you are in already. Welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by connectgt: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
Hmmm.....I have searched everywhere for unscratched card, but couldn't find. I was told in WAEC office that they have since stopped production of unscratched cards. What they produce now is result checker paper slip.
Oakbend16:
Hmm, according to WES it's "scratch card" don't know about result checker. Will find out from the waec staff if there's need to scratch the card or leave it as purchased

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Oakbend16: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
[
I'll find out this information at the waec headquarters tomorrow and give you feedback

quote author=connectgt post=73762751]Hmmm.....I have searched everywhere for unscratched card, but couldn't find. I was told in WAEC office that they have since stopped production of unscratched cards. What they produce now is result checker paper slip.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
COPIED FROM A WHATSAPP GROUP. APPLICANT IS INDIAN LIVING IN US
Guys - I have an update to share. Might be scary one. (AOR-June 1)I got PPR on Nov 8 & submitted my passport by Nov13. Still I haven’t received any updates or status change from CIC. I dropped an email to Ralph he said my application was put on hold for additional verification (after PPR). And yesterday HR got an email from CIC to confirm my employment; also CIC agent called my supervisor (who signed my reference letter) and ask questions about salary and my roles and responsibilities. Let’s see what happens next.. As per Ralph if I have an upcoming travel, I can raise CSE to get my passports back (without stamp)..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TimmytimeHO: 11:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
I am a contender and I will fight strong grin grin grin

Newmum0615:
Who dash am? He came late. We have handed Ifeoma over to Topsmamen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 12, 2018
Guess who got her PPR? Izzz meeeeeeee. God has freed me from Accra visa office!!! Story loading tomorrow after I drop passport.

106 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 12, 2018
This is like the exact time I got my PPR!!!

smslive2:
Are you ready? The Lord is ready to release PPR of some brethren. I say Congratulations in advance!!!

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 1:03am On Dec 12, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Guess who got her PPR? Izzz meeeeeeee. God has freed me from Accra visa office!!! Story loading tomorrow after I drop passport.

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 1:11am On Dec 12, 2018
Finally dived into the pool. I pray ITA falls on me today. While filling out the application, I was asked about my family size but I wasn't asked to fill info about my child, just my spouse. Hope this is normal?

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 1:17am On Dec 12, 2018
SkyWalk12:

Congratulations! Accra has risen!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 1:20am On Dec 12, 2018
DrMrsCK:
Finally dived into the pool. I pray ITA falls on me today. While filling out the application, I was asked about my family size but I wasn't asked to fill info about my child, just my spouse. Hope this is normal?

Yes it is normal

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire18: 1:42am On Dec 12, 2018
Wow! My first post n experience in NL n it had to be u!
This silent reader had to join-in to congratulate u. Finally, it has ended in praise. What an early Christmas package. You are very determined and strong.

Go and flourish in your new home.

SkyWalk12:

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mcstan18(m): 2:15am On Dec 12, 2018
SkyWalk12:

Wow!!! This should be quite loaded. I rejoice with you sis. It's long overdue

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 2:53am On Dec 12, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boundlessjoy: 3:12am On Dec 12, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Congratulations Ms.
You’ve earned this one!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 4:17am On Dec 12, 2018
SkyWalk12:

Awww. Big congrats! Who born Accra? What a wonderful pre-Christmas present!

It tickles me the way I get happy with some PPR announcements... How can the fulfilled dream of an 'apparent stranger' give me so much joy?

I pray that this is just the first of many announcements from Accra this week. Open the floodgates!

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 4:19am On Dec 12, 2018
DrMrsCK:

Congrats. It's normal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.