Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (820601 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joyous2910: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
[quote author=joo2018 post=73934173]

Your case is unique. At this point, you need divine direction. If i may ask, what is your husbands opinion on the issue at hand? Will he support the option of unaccompanied spouse? if he will, then i think you should go for it.Maxing out ielts is a gamble in this era, but God will make it happen only if you work towards it and believe.. Should in case he is not comfortable with idea, then you have to take the bull by the horn. In all make sure you are convinced about your choice to avoid regrets and leave all in Gods hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
joo2018:
She must be both authorized to work and have a valid job offer in Canada to be exempted from POF.

"You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream).

Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

authorized to work in Canada and
have a valid job offer"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
she is currently working and has been o the job for over a year and not a contract job it’s a full time job... where is the job offer comes in here ? Abi which one is job offer again please explain. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Homguy(m): 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
mikel88:
she is currently working and has been o the job for over a year and not a contract job it’s a full time job... where is the job offer comes in here ? Abi which one is job offer again please explain. Thank you.
then she needs no proof of funds if she's currently working a full-time job in Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pejuhazel(f): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
I'm a sis and I already replied.
Canadahome:

Bros, I stay in Abuja. I sent you a PM already. I will wait for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
As @Homguy noted, you/she are good to go.
mikel88:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Homguy:
then she needs no proof of funds if she's currently working a full-time job in Canada.

This is incorrect please.

A valid job offer under Express Entry means a job offer obtained with an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment). Did your wife's company get an LMIA when employing her? If not, then her job does not satisfy the criteria of a valid job offer. To know if she does, she will have an LMIA number given to her by her employer.

The only reason she won't need to show proof of funds is if she is applying under CEC or her employer obtained an LMIA when employing her.

People working in Canada usually have issues with this question. I know people who have been rejected because they answered yes to 'do you have a job offer in Canada. Technically they do, but under CIC rules, they don't.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by floydmayweather: 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
xcaper:
How organized was the test at IDP Kano, was writing material provided for you by IDP or you brought in yours? Did you use ear phone for listening or was it through speaker? Please give info on the general conduct of the exam at the centre. Thank you.

I will say IDP Kano is the best center for me so far. We were 22 candidate mostly based in the North . They registration process was fast and they provided materials. So all you need to come along with is your passport. The test materials are 2 pencils and 1 eraser and there is sharperner when you need one.

So if you are based in the North; I advise you go for IDP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
Canadahome:

Please, Ify! Nwanyi/Nwoke oma grin, can we connect? Am Abuja based. Biko. I just need people that I am on this journey with as friends, to share ideas and info. I dnt have anyone around here in Abuja.
grin grin grin grin grin grin Chai!!
Absolutely! I would like that too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Sigh this internet ehn. I typed plenty, it didn’t post.

Situational awareness, location and stress can affect test results. There are too many test takers in one location in Lagos, all of them projecting their stress into your space. Even the air pollution and the traffic you’ll be in to get there will gradually start taking revised items to the back of your mind and frustration to the front. I just strongly believe that a small city with less noise and air pollution and less people that’ll be discussing their woes and complaints, will help a test taker perform better.

But don’t mind me plx, mind my BSc Psychology and MSc Psychological RESEARCH.

This makes sense to me O. Let me go and inform my people

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
Distinct777:
Good afternoon all. This is a post ITA question.

We're claiming my points for my spouse's relative in Canada and have to upload both their birth certificates.

At the point of scanning, we found that my spouse's birth cert does not have the stamp of the body that issued it though it was signed. We discovered this because his brother's identical birth cert which was sent to us has the stamp.

Is it ok to upload it without the stamp or do we now have to do attestation of birth?
IMO, I don't think this is a problem. Upload it like that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 7:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
CoCoLav:

A valid job offer under Express Entry means a job offer obtained with an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment). Did your wife's company get an LMIA when employing her? If not, then her job does not satisfy the criteria of a valid job offer. To know if she does, she will have an LMIA number given to her by her employer.

The only reason she won't need to show proof of funds is if she is applying under CEC or her employer obtained an LMIA when employing her.

People working in Canada usually have issues with this question. I know people who have been rejected because they answered yes to 'do you have a job offer in Canada. Technically they do, but under CIC rules, they don't.
seriously!!! In other words, if the employer does not issue LMIA when employing her it means we have to provide proof of fund?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
mikel88:

Have you guys gotten ITA or not? Under what class of Express Entry is the ITA- FSW or CEC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
Flaj:

Have you guys gotten ITA or not? Under what class of Express Entry is the ITA- FSW or CEC?
ITA is sure our CRS score is 472 and it FSW Class. We plan to apply immediately after getting the ITA that’s the reason for my questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DaisyEze: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
etrange:

Who will give you a reference letter, NYSC or the company? I bet it's the company so go with that.

My take though.

Thank you! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by laghopeful20181: 8:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
thank you all for weighing in.

The plan had always been for my husband to stay with his current job. He does not mind us applying without him. The concern for me is how difficult the spousal sponsorship is.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by toogbasky(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
Please anybody with Ambrose Alli University contact for transcript?, kindly share with me, thank you in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by deTimo: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
pejuhazel:
I'm a sis and I already replied.

Please I sent you pm too. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
Wow! God bless u peju. Pls contact me on whatsapp asap. Entries are rolling in already.
pejuhazel:
Hi, I'm interested in helping someone prepare for their IELTS, I had 8.5,8,9,6 LSRW and 8.5,8,9,8 LSRW in my second attempt. I live in Abuja but will be travelling for Xmas on Thursday but I can still coach the person via WhatsApp till I come back and we can arrange something.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
Quick IELTS writing tip (my opinion oh!!): If you don’t start your essay by writing a quick outline of what will go into every paragraph, then don’t bother starting the essay.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
@ new mum: we shld have so much appreciate if u can consider helping us coach a class of 5 to 10 pls.
Gathering some sizeable list already that really would love to benefit from you.
Newmum0615:
Our senior oga from the other thread. Where in Lagos are you? I have coached a number of people. I can help you before I leave finally. One on one meetings for a few days. PM me if interested.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Vancouver4(f): 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
By God's grace I never had below 7 in writing for the three times I took IELTS. Listening was the only module that gave me issues due to lost of concentration especially in part 3.
I am not aways free but I can help to review writing exercise via whatsapp for only one candidate.

God bless our hustle. Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mojohnny(m): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
Searched online couldn't get an email.
Finally found a complaints page and I filled my complaints there.
They promised to revert to me in 5 days.
COPR:

Send email to Cambridge (get their email address online) to make sure your EOR was sent to them. BC can be crazy at times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 8:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
A valid job offer under FSW means a job offer obtained with a LMIA.

The rank of priority for the 3 Express Entry programs is: CEC, FSW and FST.

The case OP has already stated that the PA is authorized to work in Canada and with her Canadian education she qualifies for CEC.

Under CEC, she only needs to have obtained the work experience legally.

Proof of funds is only for FSW and FST.

https://www.canada.ca/en//services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

cc: @mikel88

CoCoLav:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mojohnny(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
Please I sent you an email.
Kindly respond.
Thanks.
DrMrsCK:

BC. They sent a mail stating they had received it. UK too sent a mail. When I didn't hear from them after 4weeks, I sent a mail to them and they replied after 2days stating it was ready
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
Distinct777:
Thank you. But what's MC?

Apology for my undefined acronym.
MC = Marriage Certificate grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mumayo: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mapleking:

Congrats on your upgrade. I tap into this Grace as I am waiting for an upgrade in speaking for my spouse. It will end in praise in Jesus Name. Please can you share the Australia email address, I would like to follow up as well. She wrote Oct 27th.

Congrats once again. ITA fall on you in the next draw.
how long did you wait before following up with Australia idp.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Travelbunny007: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
I'm available to work with Ibadan folks with ielts practice. Had 9,9.7.5,7.5 first attempt.......... I love this community!(Just putting this out there). Also, I agree with Skywalk on the change of environment idea! If you can, please change centres. You guys that passed Ielts in that Lagos deserve extra accolades! �

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by murainam: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2018
Canadahome:

Bros, I stay in Abuja. I sent you a PM already. I will wait for your response.
. Please I need assistance too. Pls your whatapp number
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by murainam: 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
Travelbunny007:
I'm available to work with Ibadan folks with ielts practice. Had 9,9.7.5,7.5 first attempt.......... I love this community!(Just putting this out there). Also, I agree with Skywalk on the change of environment idea! If you can, please change centres. You guys that passed Ielts in that Lagos deserve extra accolades! �
Pls I need help , please assist me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
I am available to help Benin folks as regards IELTS....pm me. God bless us all and meet us at the point of our need. Amen

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by murainam: 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Travelbunny007:
I will be glade if you can assist, your whatapp number . I actually need the help of some1 that can help me with lesser fee.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Yasssss!! I could never have taken my test in Lagos. I was living there at the time and I still travelled to Abeokuta to do it. There was like 3 hours delay but everyone was so relaxed that I didn’t even notice. Imagine 3 hours delay in Lagos test centre!!! Some candidates would have started insulting the invigilators father’s and that will stoke your own fire too. When paper comes, someone canor think straight again.

Travelbunny007:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.