Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,109 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (826850 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
Iruosonobrugwhe:
dear all,

my wife received an invitation to apply from PEI. we have sent in the application. however our IELTS expired yesterday, knocking us out of the EE pool. can this affect the pNP process?
No but go and redo any expired results. You can't recreate a profile without it, and if PEI operates on express entry, you must have a functioning profile to receive your nomination.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Oakbend16: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hello Prince this is bj2012golf! We meet here again. My wife and I are interested in this zoom meeting for ielts please keep me updated.

Thanks

PrinceAdeAde:

Am interested but based in Lagos. Can I suggest you do a zoom meeting where you can reach a lot of participants regardless of location. I can help set that up if interested and we can advise the house on the zoom meeting link and time. You can even record and post the video for future refernce. Just my thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hello house,

Apart from Qlife which other affordable hospital can I do my medicals? I guess the Children's practice is no longer offering this services.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
laghopeful20181:
Good morning people,

Your advice will be appreciated please....

I am the PA. We had received ITA in september 2018. At the point of submission in November, i realised that my husband's IELTS had expired. After exploring all options, we had to decline the ITA. While back in the pool, I adjusted my profile - my husband as un accompanying spouse. I received another ITA in November -449 cut off (My score without my husband as accompanying was 451). A few days after receipt of ITA, I had a birthday.. In the meantime my husband registered for the 1st of December IELTS. After plenty research, I came to the conclusion that it was possible to make a spouse accompanying after receipt of ITA...providing that the score after adding the spouse meets up to or exceeds the cut off for the draw from which you received an ITA from (In this case, cut off of 449). Unfortunately, my husbands IELTS results came out as 8.5,6.5,6.5,6.5. If I add my husband to the current ITA I have now, the score falls below the cut off of 449. My choices as I see it now are as follows:

1. ahead with the ITA I currently have in which my husband is an un accompanying spouse (please not my IELTS expires on the 7th of January)
2. Decline the ITA I currently have. In this case, I go back into the pool. With my current age and husbands results our score will be 443....then hope and hope that the next ITA will have a cut off of 440 or 442.
3. If the next ITA is above 445, it means I will need to write IELTS again in January. IF I max out on IELTS points, our total points will be about 448.

I feel like a bird in hand is worth more than 10 in the bush oooo. I feel that I should go on with the current ITA I have. If all works out we can apply for spousal sponsorship in future....I have heard that spousal sponsorship is hard... how true is this? What would you all advice?

Thanks a lot

Wisdom is profitable to direct. My advice
1. Reject the ITA
2. Both you and your spouse should rewrite IELTS. It removes the pressure on the PA go perform over and above expectation
3. The best time to register for IELTS is now.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Queenette111: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
nairalandnewbie:
this cic ehn cry cry ive tried calling them severally i never get thru
Try calling them by 1.45pm to 2pm nigerian time.Follow the voice prompts,and be patient. You will definitely get through.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adeptonlin(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
I want to evaluate my masters with ices. Do I need to evaluate my Bsc along side?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
What is zoom? If you can set it up Bro, I’m down. Please note however that Abeokuta’s internet services are still in the dark ages. Plus there are many videos on YouTube.

I want to test my students ability in IELTS and determine their weaknesses then help. It’s one thing to tell you how to do well, but I think the interaction and back and forth is key. I also get very very invested so plis dears, if you’re not willing to work hard, keep moving.

PrinceAdeAde:

Am interested but based in Lagos. Can I suggest you do a zoom meeting where you can reach a lot of participants regardless of location. I can help set that up if interested and we can advise the house on the zoom meeting link and time. You can even record and post the video for future refernce. Just my thought

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JOAISH(f): 2:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
joo2018:
International passport is your ID for this process.

1. Use the international passport as it is for your IELTS. No need for any other thing.
2. Same for EE. But when submitting your eAPR, attached a "one and same person" affidavit.

I am so grateful. Thanks a lot for this insight.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
Forgive me if any of you have tried this but, if you’ve written IELTS more than 3 times without getting your desired score, kindly consider booking your next test out of state. Especially if you’ve been writing in Lagos. Book your next test in a location that’s not Lagos. I have zero proof, but I think it’ll help.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Forgive me if any of you have tried this but, if you’ve written IELTS more than 3 times without getting your desired score, kindly consider booking your next test out of state. Especially if you’ve been writing in Lagos. Book your next test in a location that’s not Lagos. I have zero proof, but I think it’ll help.

I dont think location matters. I passed on my 4th trial. All 4 attempts were in Lagos..I know people who wrote in one location multiple times and eventually passed.. Preparation is key

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Canadahome: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
@Sheltec!
Brother/Sister,

I am in Abuja. Please, can we connect? I need help as well in IELTS....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kiari: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
Nne can you give us a reason?

SkyWalk12:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Canadahome: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sheltec:
I like to call on everyone here who has passed Ielts; I know we have the best hearts here but pls aside sending materials coach just 1 person. We all have different levels of understanding and sometimes these materials are not easily understood by everyone.

This shouldn't be assumed as call to flood everyone who passed with requests. Let's just id 1 person to assist if we can here in the open thread. Also, the person who is being assisted must show to be teachable not frustrate the teacher who obviously is sacrificing. I see good percentage of writers who aren't ready but rush off to register,it's wrong. Practice till you are comfortable.

If you are in Abuja, hoping to write soon and have challenge in 1 or 2 modules particularly writing ref me here not pm,let's plan 2 sessions to see

This must be free,please

Bros, am in Abuja. Can I send you a mail?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adeptonlin(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
JOAISH:

I am so grateful. Thanks a lot for this insight.
I want to evaluate my masters with ices. Do I need to evaluate my Bsc along side?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Canadahome: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
If you are in Abuja, hoping to write soon and have challenge in 1 or 2 modules particularly writing ref me here not pm,let's plan 2 sessions to see

This must be free,please[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zanotee: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
SkyWalk12:
I got LRWS: 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5 on my first try. I live in Abeokuta and I’m willing to coach a couple of people if they are interested.

interested. I stay in lagos boss.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
thanks a million

ontarioissauga:

No but go and redo any expired results. You can't recreate a profile without it, and if PEI operates on express entry, you must have a functioning profile to receive your nomination.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
mikel88:
haa!! My wife CRS score is 472 now and her Ielts Score LRWS is 7.5,6.5,6.5,8.5.she has A year of work experience in Nigeria, had Canadian Education and a year work experience in Canada.please must she pass the ielts with LRWS 8/7/7/7 respectively?

No please.
Her Canadian education and work experience compensated for the IELTS score. A typical Nigerian without those unique "levers" of your dear wife will arguably be below 440.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sthill5:

I dont think location matters. I passed on my 4th trial. All 4 attempts were in Lagos..I know people who wrote in one location multiple times and eventually passed.. Preparation is key
Change of location can help some people. It appears they have a new task.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Canadahome: 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Amen!!!

Please, Ify! Nwanyi/Nwoke oma grin, can we connect? Am Abuja based. Biko. I just need people that I am on this journey with as friends, to share ideas and info. I dnt have anyone around here in Abuja.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by magd: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
Hello All, Please I need clarification on the right evaluation body to use. A professional masters in public and international affairs, which would be better Wes or Ices. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sigh this internet ehn. I typed plenty, it didn’t post.

Situational awareness, location and stress can affect test results. There are too many test takers in one location in Lagos, all of them projecting their stress into your space. Even the air pollution and the traffic you’ll be in to get there will gradually start taking revised items to the back of your mind and frustration to the front. I just strongly believe that a small city with less noise and air pollution and less people that’ll be discussing their woes and complaints, will help a test taker perform better.

But don’t mind me plx, mind my BSc Psychology and MSc Psychological RESEARCH.

kiari:
Nne can you give us a reason?

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mehn, I never even remotely suggested that sticking to one location means you won’t pass. Many of these people are frustrated and a change of something/anything usually helps that. Of course preparation is key. If based on my post, the message was “don’t prepare, just change location”, then forgive my poor articulation.

Sthill5:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Distinct777: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
Good afternoon all. This is a post ITA question.

We're claiming my points for my spouse's relative in Canada and have to upload both their birth certificates.

At the point of scanning, we found that my spouse's birth cert does not have the stamp of the body that issued it though it was signed. We discovered this because his brother's identical birth cert which was sent to us has the stamp.

Is it ok to upload it without the stamp or do we now have to do attestation of birth?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
And where are our potential IELTS takers in Abeokuta!!!
The door is opened now. Plsssss join the SUCCESS train!
Pls drop your digits and exam dates here or to skywalk so as to collate and fix appropriate time.
God bless u real big skywalk.
SkyWalk12:
I got LRWS: 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5 on my first try. I live in Abeokuta and I’m willing to coach a couple of people if they are interested.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
Exactly. A lot of these test takers already associate the Lagos test centres with failure. Once you go in with that mindset, it takes a lot to fight your way up. That’s why we notice either someone takes the test once, or takes it 4,5,6,7... times. Successful second tries are rare. Your mind will just keep reminding you of nonsense when you’re there. But new location, who dis plis?

ontarioissauga:

Change of location can help some people. It appears they have a new task.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2018
Yes oh. So many places to meet here. I’m planning to do real class scenarios. I don’t know how to help our Lagos brothers but suggestions welcome.

wasseynewest:
And where are our potential IELTS takers in Abeokuta!!!
The door is opened now. Plsssss join the SUCCESS train!
Pls drop your digits and exam dates here or to skywalk so as to collate and fix appropriate time.
God bless u real big skywalk.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maggie0133: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
I have responded to your mail. Thanks

quote author=veritas3 post=73923908]

Check your mail and respond pls[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
Canada home, you're blessed(in my beloved madam ifeoma's voice....smiles)!!!!
Canadahome:

This must be free,please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
magd:
Hello All, Please I need clarification on the right evaluation body to use. A professional masters in public and international affairs, which would be better Wes or Ices. Thanks
The latter. And read up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
Distinct777:
Good afternoon all. This is a post ITA question.

We're claiming my points for my spouse's relative in Canada and have to upload both their birth certificates.

At the point of scanning, we found that my spouse's birth cert does not have the stamp of the body that issued it though it was signed. We discovered this because his brother's identical birth cert which was sent to us has the stamp.

Is it ok to upload it without the stamp or do we now have to do attestation of birth?

Yes. I think it doesn't really invalidate the relationship. Except they are twin brothers that ought to have gotten the BC same day and signature.
If the gentleman in Canada is married, the MC (supposing it has their Dad's name on it) could be added to strengthen the evidence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bonvieto: 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2018
your probably calling them at their peak times, my advice is call them around between 4-5 pm our time, and try not to call them when they on lunch break, or towards 4 pm Canadian time, cos most of the customer reps would be closing their tickets at these times

nairalandnewbie:
this cic ehn cry cry ive tried calling them severally i never get thru

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.