Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (830688 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2018
I'm a novice, so take this with a pinch of salt

With your current situation, it's a really dicey one. And like you said, a bird in hand is worth more....... You can say CRS score will drop and not drop to the level which you desire.

If I were you I will go on with spouse unaccompanying. At this point, it's sacrifice you have to make, both of you. Please don't decline your ITA again. You can never be too sure when it comes to rewriting of IELTS after it expires.

At the end of the day. Do what is best for you and your family and try not to make a decision that will hunt you for a long time.
laghopeful20181:
Good morning people,

Your advice will be appreciated please....

I am the PA. We had received ITA in september 2018. At the point of submission in November, i realised that my husband's IELTS had expired. After exploring all options, we had to decline the ITA. While back in the pool, I adjusted my profile - my husband as un accompanying spouse. I received another ITA in November -449 cut off (My score without my husband as accompanying was 451). A few days after receipt of ITA, I had a birthday.. In the meantime my husband registered for the 1st of December IELTS. After plenty research, I came to the conclusion that it was possible to make a spouse accompanying after receipt of ITA...providing that the score after adding the spouse meets up to or exceeds the cut off for the draw from which you received an ITA from (In this case, cut off of 449). Unfortunately, my husbands IELTS results came out as 8.5,6.5,6.5,6.5. If I add my husband to the current ITA I have now, the score falls below the cut off of 449. My choices as I see it now are as follows:

1. ahead with the ITA I currently have in which my husband is an un accompanying spouse (please not my IELTS expires on the 7th of January)
2. Decline the ITA I currently have. In this case, I go back into the pool. With my current age and husbands results our score will be 443....then hope and hope that the next ITA will have a cut off of 440 or 442.
3. If the next ITA is above 445, it means I will need to write IELTS again in January. IF I max out on IELTS points, our total points will be about 448.

I feel like a bird in hand is worth more than 10 in the bush oooo. I feel that I should go on with the current ITA I have. If all works out we can apply for spousal sponsorship in future....I have heard that spousal sponsorship is hard... how true is this? What would you all advice?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2018
Seeing that the reception to the suggestion below is encouraging, am proposing that instead of clogging the thread with too many messages of "I am interested" & so on, pls I am nominating myself to coordinate and link our IELTS takers with Skywalk(in Abeokuta) and CanadaHome(in Abuja).
Interested takers can add me up on WhatsApp :08026543600 while Skywalk & CanadaHome shld pls add up also. That way we can have a WhatsApp group & organise strategically.
One plead from me is that we shld all please act maturely during this process and we shld all be fully aware it's FREE.
We as well looking forward to having our "guru" tutors in Lagos and PortHarcourt, & who say we can't even link our guys in Kano together (smiles).
So please let's follow this prompt and not disturb the thread more.@Skywalk & CanadaHome, thanks once again!

@ sheltec & daks: God bless u guys for this. I have been advocating that we can successfully organise and hold tutorials for our IELTS takers. This could be a wkend or two wkends prior to the tests. A public or private school can easily be approached at centre of towns such as Ikeja or Oshodi for Lagos residents and so on.
Plssss my belove people who've disgraced IELTS with ur intimidating & eye catching scores, it's time to rise to this occasion and support a fellow in need.
Sheltec:
I like to call on everyone here who has passed Ielts; I know we have the best hearts here but pls aside sending materials coach just 1 person. We all have different levels of understanding and sometimes these materials are not easily understood by everyone.

This shouldn't be assumed as call to flood everyone who passed with requests. Let's just id 1 person to assist if we can here in the open thread. Also, the person who is being assisted must show to be teachable not frustrate the teacher who obviously is sacrificing. I see good percentage of writers who aren't ready but rush off to register,it's wrong. Practice till you are comfortable.

If you are in Abuja, hoping to write soon and have challenge in 1 or 2 modules particularly writing ref me here not pm,let's plan 2 sessions to see

This must be free,please

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2018
No need for rewriting again. Her scores are sufficient because she has Canadian education and experience.
mikel88:
haa!! My wife CRS score is 472 now and her Ielts Score LRWS is 7.5,6.5,6.5,8.5.she has A year of work experience in Nigeria, had Canadian Education and a year work experience in Canada.please must she pass the ielts with LRWS 8/7/7/7 respectively?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by emma225: 10:23am On Dec 17, 2018
daks02:
I'm available to help someone with IELTS, please note i got 7 in writing o (let my people go) but I got amazing tips when preparing for the second one.

Pls can u help me with the tips via... nwosuemmanuel1994@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 10:27am On Dec 17, 2018
"In my case, what I did after every failure was begin preparation from scratch again until I mastered the whole tricks. And surprisingly u'll learn a new thing u haven't leanrt or paid attention to b4." Thanks for this advise and other great people in here...Glad I did spoke my mind... Am beginning to gather some strengths... Maybe I need to do some things differently.

wasseynewest:
Hmmm....my dear "positive", if u've been a follower of this thread I bet you'll see a hundreds of testimonies far greater than yours.
!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2018
Pls u can msg me too. I have some li2 fundamental tricks that could help. Relax ehn, we shall rejoice with u too on this thread soon.
alwayspositive8:
"In my case, what I did after every failure was begin preparation from scratch again until I mastered the whole tricks. And surprisingly u'll learn a new thing u haven't leanrt or paid attention to b4." Thanks for this advise and other great people in here...Glad I did spoke my mind... Am beginning to gather some strengths... Maybe I need to do some things differently.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sultanlek: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2018
Chicagomum:
Just submitted my EOR at BC, the receptionist told me that it has already been remarked cos my band score difference is more than 2. She said the probability of my score increasing is very slim���.

What was your band score difference mine is 2.5.

wow. I’m in the same situation. Submitted this morning too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2018
kfrosh:
No need for rewriting again. Her scores are sufficient because she has Canadian education and experience.
thank you for the clarification. Please concerning proof of fund, as she currently aunthorized to work in Canada does she still need to show funds?
Note: she is the primary applicant and I am the accompany.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fabiomatic(m): 11:04am On Dec 17, 2018
Please can you explain the bold part? I would like to understand.
Chicagomum:
Just submitted my EOR at BC, the receptionist told me that it has already been remarked cos my band score difference is more than 2. She said the probability of my score increasing is very slim���.

What was your band score difference mine is 2.5.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by midps010: 11:18am On Dec 17, 2018
emma225:

Pls can u help me with the tips via... nwosuemmanuel1994@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Please can also help me the materials via
midps010 @gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 11:20am On Dec 17, 2018
It means that if the difference between your highest (in my case 9) and lowest (in my case 6.5) is greater than 2. it is automatically remarked and as such a revaluation is highly likely not to change the score

The receptionist tried to discourage me but i still went ahead to request for the EOR.

Fingers crossed.

fabiomatic:
Please can you explain the bold part? I would like to understand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2018
mikel88:
haa!! My wife CRS score is 472 now and her Ielts Score LRWS is 7.5,6.5,6.5,8.5.she has A year of work experience in Nigeria, had Canadian Education and a year work experience in Canada.please must she pass the ielts with LRWS 8/7/7/7 respectively?
It's her Canadian education that saved her. She's good to go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:34am On Dec 17, 2018
Good morning e-fam, happy new week!
Let's hope for good news this week from KVO, AVO, LVO, OVO, OVO -London branch, CIO and any other one I left out.
We also pray for ECA completions, Favourable EORs, COPR collections, smooth landings, and so on
Have a blessed week

45 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 11:36am On Dec 17, 2018
veritas3:
I have a medical slot for a family of 1 at Qlife for 19th December to give out just in case they still allow swaps.
I am in. Sent you a pm. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 11:44am On Dec 17, 2018
Re-strategize and find out what you need to improve on with W,S.

Too early to give up bro. on this journey its no retreat and no surrender

alwayspositive8:
Bro like I said before I haven't felt so negative about myself like am feeling now..... what can I do to overcome this... I don't even know what else to do again... Though may afford one last one... But The fear of not passing that actually scares me...

1st attempt -7.5,8.5,6.5,7
2nd attempt - 8.0,6.5,7,5.5
3rd attempt - 8.5,7.5,6.5,6.5
LRWS..

Those are my exam timelines..

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Inenghe: 11:54am On Dec 17, 2018
Ifeoma77:
Let's hope for good news this week from KVO, AVO, LVO, OVO, OVO -London branch, CIO and any other one I left out.
We also pray for ECA completions, Favourable EORs, COPR collections, smooth landings, and so on
Have a blessed week
also for ASUU and Ssanu to call off strike o.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mecuryf(f): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Good Day all,

I would like to contact IRCC via their contact centre ;

Please what are the steps to call , i recall seeing that the process to speak to an operator/agent about a year ago,unfortunately i did not bookmark or screen grab the page.

Also what is the best time of the day to call .

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
Good day All, please someone shared here that he/she got reference letter for POF from gtbank in the expected IRCC format. Could you please share which branch of the GTBank branch, because I visited a branch which the customer service officer seems not to understand.
Kindly share GTBnk branch that processed your POF letter. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
Maggie0133:
Hi, I am interested. I need medicals for my new born baby as the other family members have done medicals.
Please does Qlife still allow slot swap?

Check your mail and respond pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
mikel88:
thank you for the clarification. Please concerning proof of fund, as she currently aunthorized to work in Canada does she still need to show funds?
Note: she is the primary applicant and I am the accompany.
please house kindly explain this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
Inenghe:
also for ASUU and Ssanu to call off strike o.
Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
Amen to ECA completions

Ifeoma77:
Have a blessed week

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2018
I got LRWS: 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5 on my first try. I live in Abeokuta and I’m willing to coach a couple of people if they are interested.

Sheltec:
I like to call on everyone here who has passed Ielts; I know we have the best hearts here but pls aside sending materials coach just 1 person. We all have different levels of understanding and sometimes these materials are not easily understood by everyone.

This shouldn't be assumed as call to flood everyone who passed with requests. Let's just id 1 person to assist if we can here in the open thread. Also, the person who is being assisted must show to be teachable not frustrate the teacher who obviously is sacrificing. I see good percentage of writers who aren't ready but rush off to register,it's wrong. Practice till you are comfortable.

If you are in Abuja, hoping to write soon and have challenge in 1 or 2 modules particularly writing ref me here not pm,let's plan 2 sessions to see

This must be free,please

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
Madam na wa o!!!Some of us are hoping for a reduction in cut-off for ITA. we sef deserve some good news na abi..
Ifeoma77:
Have a blessed week

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
mecuryf:
Good Day all,

I would like to contact IRCC via their contact centre ;

Please what are the steps to call , i recall seeing that the process to speak to an operator/agent about a year ago,unfortunately i did not bookmark or screen grab the page.

Also what is the best time of the day to call .

Thanks

*Calling CIC - steps*

1- *CIC call centre*
+16139444000

2- English *press 1*

3- immigration *press 1*

4- transfer to citzship and imm can processing application *press 1*

5- status or processing times *press 1*

6- become permanent resident *press 2*

7- application starts with E *press 2*

8- then enter *application number* followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and *press 1* to confirm

10- enter the *year of birth* and then listen the entered number and *press 1* to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then *press 1* to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end *press 0* to speak to agent

They resume at 8am. Call at 7.45am their time.

23 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by magd: 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Please I am interested.
SkyWalk12:
I got LRWS: 8.5, 9, 7.5, 7.5 on my first try. I live in Abeokuta and I’m willing to coach a couple of people if they are interested.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bests: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
wasseynewest:
@ sheltec & daks: God bless u guys for this. I have been advocating that we can successfully organise and hold tutorials for our IELTS takers. This could be a wkend or two wkends prior to the tests. A public or private school can easily be approached at centre of towns such as Ikeja or Oshodi for Lagos residents and so on.
Plssss my belove people who've disgraced IELTS with ur intimidating & eye catching scores, it's time to rise to this occasion and support a fellow in need.

Thumbs up..let's do this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2018
PM me

magd:
Please I am interested.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by PrinceAdeAde: 1:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
SkyWalk12:

Am interested but based in Lagos. Can I suggest you do a zoom meeting where you can reach a lot of participants regardless of location. I can help set that up if interested and we can advise the house on the zoom meeting link and time. You can even record and post the video for future refernce. Just my thought

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
freshdad:
Madam na wa o!!!Some of us are hoping for a reduction in cut-off for ITA. we sef deceive some good news na abi..
grin grin grin Amen to that too!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
still didnt work angry angry
Tojued:

*Calling CIC - steps*

1- *CIC call centre*
+16139444000

2- English *press 1*

3- immigration *press 1*

4- transfer to citzship and imm can processing application *press 1*

5- status or processing times *press 1*

6- become permanent resident *press 2*

7- application starts with E *press 2*

8- then enter *application number* followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and *press 1* to confirm

10- enter the *year of birth* and then listen the entered number and *press 1* to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then *press 1* to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end *press 0* to speak to agent

They resume at 8am. Call at 7.45am their time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
this cic ehn cry cry ive tried calling them severally i never get thru

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.