Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822762 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2018
Kods1900:
Help ooo!

Anybody with a view on this??

If they have not received it, how is your profile showing it? The status will be corrected in due time, nothing for you to worry about
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2018
Barryston:
Is that really necessary?my wife's passport is still in her maiden name..which is still valid for 3years...please someone should enlighten on us on this
It's not necessary. Many married women never get around to changing their names, none has been prosecuted yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
fmsimple:

Additional document such as "we're in love certificate" would do grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2018
iaatmguy:
avo/lvo loading.
But the prize is PR sha
Not really, laslas Ottawa might ask for a DNA test but that's an extreme scenario.
I believe that an LOE is sufficient to explain her situation. It's not that difficult to understand na

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikedimeji(m): 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
ananne:
Congratulations to everyone that got PR. I have questions that I need answers to and I hope someone will be kind enough to help.

Yes I have read the thread but I still didn't get some of the answers I want.

1. I have OND and HND certificates. I just finished a PGD course in NOUN wiring for the final results. I plan to use ICES for my evaluation. Does having an HND categorize my certificate as three years or more or should it be just two years diploma certificate? Should i evaluate the HND alone or both OND AND HND certificates.

2. My wife has an MBA. we plan to use her as the principal applicant. She has almost five years work experience in sales and marketing. She will be 35 years in June next year.

What advice on you offer us do we can have at least 450 points. We both plan to take ielts.
Boss man please how long was the PGD program in NOUN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bskyb(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2018
fmsimple:

Try and use courier service to deliver the verification to WES.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
fmsimple:

Additional document such as "we're in love certificate" would do grin grin

This is so so funny... grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
The issue is i included affidavit of change of name,newspaper publication and marriage certificate in my application but my wife's international passport is still in her maiden name because she got it few months to our wedding and it has 3years validity..that's why I'm confused when I saw the post
Ifeoma77:

It's not necessary. Many married women never get around to changing their names, none has been prosecuted yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expresso17: 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2018
I can confirm this as well, used it for my proof of address for PCC. Very easy process!

wasseynewest:
GOOD(XMAS) News! If you are having your P.O.F account with GTB, then you don't need them to print that long list of your six(6) months Statement of Account for you anymore.

This you can now do via their "Internet Banking" and have it instantly downloaded to you laptop(signed and duly stamped) without stress at all.

That way, you are completely relieved from the stress of having to scan again just like me! The only document you require from them now is your Reference Letter.

Private chat me if you need the info.......

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kods1900: 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
No idea

Queenette111:

Where is your visa office?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Elolam87(m): 6:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
compliments of the season to you all, please I need help. I want to start the processing for express entry visa for permanent residence in Canada. I am not going as a student, but want to work. Please, how do I go about it. Honest minds, pls put me through
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
Elolam87:
compliments of the season to you all, please I need help. I want to start the processing for express entry visa for permanent residence in Canada. I am not going as a student, but want to work. Please, how do I go about it. Honest minds, pls put me through

Page 1 has detailed (step-by-step) information sir

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
No issues.
Barryston:
Is that really necessary?my wife's passport is still in her maiden name..which is still valid for 3years...please someone should enlighten on us on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2018
On a normal day, it takes WES 3-7 days to acknowledge documents talk less of holiday season. When did her school send it?
bskyb:
Hello everyone,
My wife is having issues with the evaluation of her degree certificate. She graduated from the University of Ibadan (distance learning) . The verification is being done by WES.
Her status reads "awaiting verification by your institution" for both transcript and the degree certificate. Meanwhile, the school claims to have sent emails to WES confirming the authenticity of the documents. I have called WES on her behalf and they haven't updated her status till now.
Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2018
Barryston:
The issue is i included affidavit of change of name,newspaper publication and marriage certificate in my application but my wife's international passport is still in her maiden name because she got it few months to our wedding and it has 3years validity..that's why I'm confused when I saw the post
It's not a problem. Change of name always has a caveat; all other documents remain valid

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expresso17: 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Anyone with a slot at Qlife for a family of 3 please help, anytime between now and 3rd week in January. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2018
Barryston:

I did all that too during our application submission. Submitted my wife's affidavit change of name, newspaper publication, marriage certificate whilst her international passport was still in her maiden name.

1. No issue whatsoever if you didn't renew her international passport with her married surname. It will still pass and be approved normally.

2. However, in my case, I towed the other route: After submitting our application, I thought that it will be okay to have my wife's married surname (which has officially been changed anyways) to reflect in her immigration documents starting with the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document to the PR Card subsequently...as I don't want to start the process of name change on documents later into our stay in Canada. Hence I initiated the renewal of her international passport for change of surname at ikoyi passport office (though her passport in her maiden name hadn't expire) and got it out after some weeks. I then raised a CSE to submit the new international passport carrying the married surname with a letter of explanantion(LOE) attached together with the new international passport in one PDF stating that we desire to have my wife's surname changed and henceafter use the new surname on all her immigration documents.

48 hours after raising the CSE, her surname change was reflected on my express entry profile and subsequently, her immigrant visa and CoPR document reflected her married surname.

By so doing, I have exempted myself from that additional official stress of switching surnames on documents later on in Canada. I have done that here and I'm done with that.

It will end in praise IJN!

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
Glory be to God. After several years of struggle, ITA finally arrived last week. I just learnt, although not too new, that persistence always yield positive result. Don't give up....if you do, then it's automatic acceptance of failure.

We are confronted with the second hurdle, which is the medical. I'm just told there are just 2 medical laboratories in Lagos: Qlife and IOM. Qlife is booked till March whereas I have just upto 18 Feb to submit my application. IOM fees double that of Qlife but I don't mind to pay, I pray I get a slot.

I was told at Qlife that people book ahead even though they've not gotten the ITA. I am therefore begging the house, if you have booked ahead and you are ready to help a friend, kindly give me your slot and rebook. IOM charges are exorbitant and considering that there are still so much expenses involved in this struggle, your kind gesture will be highly appreciated.

Finally, I want to thank you all for your advic and help from different angles that make the struggle fruitful. Don't give up and your own ITA will land very soon.

Thank you!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2018
FirstTImeUser:

Kk.thanks

@suspecting me......lol.why?

@u wanting to prove ur marital status with every every..... grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2018
TEECANN:

I did all that too during our application submission. Submitted my wife's affidavit change of name, newspaper publication, marriage certificate whilst her international passport was still in her maiden name.

1. No issue whatsoever if you didn't renew her international passport with her married surname. It will still pass and be approved normally.

2. However, in my case, I towed the other route: After submitting our application, I thought that it will be okay to have my wife's married surname (which has officially been changed anyways) to reflect in her immigration documents starting from the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document and PR Card subsequently...as I don't want to start the process of name change on documents later into our stay in Canada. Hence I needed to change the surname on her international passport and raise a CSE for the changed surname on the intl passport with emphasis to CIC that we desire the surname changed and hence after used on all her immigration documents.

48 hours after raising the CSE, her surname change was reflected on my express entry profile and subsequently, her immigrant visa and CoPR document reflected her married surname.

So I exempted myself from that additional official stress of changing surname on documents later on in Canada. İ have done that here and I'm done with that.

I am in the same situation now. I need your advice. We just got an ITA and my wife is the primary applicant. We are gadering documents but my wife oassport still reflect her maiden name. How can we ensure the name is changed before the PR is finalized?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 8:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
JERRYMAG4:

I am in the same situation now. I need your advice. We just got an ITA and my wife is the primary applicant. We are gadering documents but my wife oassport still reflect her maiden name. How can we ensure the name is changed before the PR is finalized?

Yes, you can. Just follow the process as I highlighted it in my last chat.

Congratulations on your ITA.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
drcynthia:

@u wanting to prove ur marital status with every every..... grin

Lol... wink

How is planning for canada? Godspeed..abi you don land?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ifeoma77:

No. All you need is the marriage certificate. Shikenan

Thanks ifeoma77

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
Hi @jholarharde, thanks a lot. I just DM'd you.
Please i need contact for the deed or the place where you did it. I'm hearing 30/40k and i don't have that kind of money. Thank you.

jholarharde:

I did. I worded it the way I wanted and took it to notary for stamp and signature. that cost me 2,000. a very merry Christmas to you too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
FirstTImeUser:

Lol... wink

How is planning for canada? Godspeed..abi you don land?
Planning is going on fine....God is faithful.....new challenges at every turn but coming out victorious always....

Landing would be sometime next year by the special Grace of God.....

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
Barryston:
I have a guy that helped me with my wife's own in uyo and was pretty fast and no stress
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ella99:
Please i need contact for the deed or the place where you did it. I'm hearing 30/40k and i don't have that kind of money. Thank you.

Alright ma'am will respond asap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2018
drcynthia:

Planning is going on fine....God is faithful.....new challenges at every turn but coming out victorious always....

Landing would be sometime next year by the special Grace of God.....

Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2018
Gift deed by Notary public can cost that much.

The alternative is affidavit (commissioner of oaths) at your local magistrate/high court. That's the cheap one.
Ella99:
Hi @jho.larharde, thanks a lot. I just DM'd you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ella99:

2k.
Old Secretariat, Ikeja.
Shine your eyes when you get there, you can even do it for less.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cutiep: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
bskyb:
Hello everyone,
My wife is having issues with the evaluation of her degree certificate. She graduated from the University of Ibadan (distance learning) . The verification is being done by WES.
Her status reads "awaiting verification by your institution" for both transcript and the degree certificate. Meanwhile, the school claims to have sent emails to WES confirming the authenticity of the documents. I have called WES on her behalf and they haven't updated her status till now.
Any advice from anyone would bey appreciated.

I'd advise that you ask your Uni to send it again. My hubby's Uni had to send his own 3 times before WES finally received it. We just gotta ladys number and she kept sending it for us until they finally accepted that they have seen it. It might cost you small sha but its worth it at the end.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 9:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Na wa o. The application is costing so much that wasn't planned for. Thanks for the help smiley

joo2018:
Gift deed by Notary public can cost that much.

The alternative is affidavit (commissioner of oaths) at your local magistrate/high court. That's the cheap one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.