Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819576 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
Me i am loving this End of the year gifts oooo.

codebrew85:
Guys, it is PPR!!! It landed this morning 7am

In the meantime, I got the mail from NDVO and was told to submit my PP to them. I'm aware some peeps had this challenge a few pages back - abeg how una take resolve am?

BTW, broda raufu, I hope you have not closed for the year cos you go mark tire today. cheesy

fatiah:
Alhamdulillah! Finally!! It's PPR!!!
CIC decided not to let me wait till next year grin
I was told to send it to VFS India but already sent email for change of passport submission location
Timeline and full story landing soon.

Jehovah PPR Answers usssss.

Amen

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by makay200(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
Good day house,

please i need an advice from you all,

i am graduate and years currently working in a Nigeria bank, i want to know if i can apply for the PR because i was told i need to have an Msc, a professional certificate like to be able to enter the pool. i want to know if i can write IELTS and begin the process or wait till i have other qualifications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 2:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
Graduate with Banking Experience... Please click here
makay200:
Good day house,

i am graduate and years currently working in a Nigeria bank, i want to know if i can apply for the PR because i was told i need to have an Msc, a professional certificate like to be able to enter the pool. i want to know if i can write IELTS and begin the process or wait till i have other qualifications.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Adunnee:
@cochtrane please can you provide me with a copy of the letter you received from Axa Mansard for proof of funds? I'm trying to collapse my pof into axa mansard mutual funds.

I have searched for the one you posted but I couldn't find it.

Thank you.

Name
Address
14/11/2018

The Manager
AXA Mansard
Adress
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

REQUEST FOR REFERENCE LETTER

I am applying for permanent residency to Canada as Primary Applicant and require a reference letter on my AXA Mansard Money Market Fund Account from your institution as evidence that I have some savings with you. As stipulated by the Canadian Immigration body, the letter should be provided on the official letterhead (with contact information of your institution (address, telephone number and email address) and show the following:
• Our names as on account
• Date account was created
• Account number
• Current balance since inception

The letter should be addressed to:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Central Intake Office (CIO)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

I will be grateful if you would avail me the reference letter to aid my application.
Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

NAme

Je m'appelle NOTcochtrane grin grin grin

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jneo(m): 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2018
Guys, I need some clarification or education as the case may be. We had our medicals late October and submitted our application on Nov 2. We were then informed to come for biometrics early December. Prior to now, I am aware results of medicals usually take maximum of a month to be out. Ours was done in late October but up till now, it's still showing as 'under review ' in our status. Anybody else in this situation? Is this normal? Pls help with any info on this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
jneo:
Guys, I need some clarification or education as the case may be. We had our medicals late October and submitted our application on Nov 2. We were then informed to come for biometrics early December. Prior to now, I am aware results of medicals usually take maximum of a month to be out. Ours was done in late October but up till now, it's still showing as 'under review ' in our status. Anybody else in this situation? Is this normal? Pls help with any info on this

The trigger for Biometrics usually accompanies Medical Pass update, however, each application is unique.

Is there any medical history or condition that could have caused additional review of your medicals.

Also have you done your completed your biometrics now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
jneo:

The trigger for Biometrics usually accompanies Medical Pass update, however, each application is unique.

Is there any medical history or condition that could have caused additional review of your medicals.

Also have you completed your biometrics now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
See copy of Axa Mansard Letter
Adunnee:
@cochtrane please can you provide me with a copy of the letter you received from Axa Mansard for proof of funds? I'm trying to collapse my pof into axa mansard mutual funds.

I have searched for the one you posted but I couldn't find it.

Thank you.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
Medical Under Review means it requires additional review before being certified pass. Its not unusual. If you don't have any medical condition, then nothing to be worried about!
jneo:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ans123: 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=Ramj post=74324888]

Name
Address
14/11/2018

The Manager
AXA Mansard
Adress
Lagos

Dear Sir/Madam,

REQUEST FOR REFERENCE LETTER

What about the average balance over the last six months. ?[/b]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jneo(m): 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
Biometrics was completed same day. If there is a need for a further review of the medical, are we not supposed to be informed? I am actually not panicked just wanted to know if the delay is normal. But like u said, maybe ours is just unique like that. Thanks for your response
Ramj:

Also have you completed your biometrics now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=ans123 post=74325620][/quote]

MUtual Fund does not require that. However they should attach a copy of your Statement - you are at liberty to add it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jneo(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ok, thank you.
smslive2:
Medical Under Review means it requires additional review before being certified pass. Its not unusual. If you don't have any medical condition, then nothing to be worried about!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
jneo:
Biometrics was completed same day. If there is a need for a further review of the medical, are we not supposed to be informed? I am actually not panicked just wanted to know if the delay is normal. But like u said, maybe ours is just unique like that. Thanks for your response

They should contact you by raising a CSE to clear al doubts.

It also not impossible it is a clerical or administrative error.

Like i know some one that has done Biometric for over a month and profile has not been updates.

She raised CSE and was told the biometrics has been received.

So contact them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MumtotheBeloved: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I’m drawing up a budget for Pre-Landing and Post-Landing Expenses.I found out that drawing one during this EE Application Process has helped us keep tabs on how much this whole journey costs and manage our income.
It doesn’t have to be perfect, all I require is a checklist of things needed for pre landing and post landing as well as the cost implications. Thank you and Happy New Year!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2018
codebrew85:
Compliments of the season everyone.

Congrats to all ITA clinchers and all PPR grabbers.

I'd really hoped to share my own PPR testimony before this year runs out, but I think God has other plans.

Does anyone have experience with CIO Sydney, NS as per their processing time especially after your app has been approved and just waiting for PPR mail?

I'm a PNP applicant, called CIC on two occasions and was made to understand that my app was processed at CIO Sydney and has been approved since late November o. The next thing I hear after asking from the agent what the cause of the delay is in sending the PPR mail, is - the responsible officer will contact you in due time blah blah and my app is still within the processing time. AOR is Sep 5.

I heard CIO Sydney is notorious for this kind of thing. Why are they laidis na?

Make una no vex my people. This waiting game just dey make person dey vex sha.

Well, as TEECANN will say, it will end in praise. smiley

Happy New Year in advance

Please find below my PPR gist as promised.

Nara nara e narekele narekele moo...

Testimony time!!!

The Lord has done it again!!!

PPR has landed!!!

I know God will just look down on that post above and laugh.

Just a few days ago I made that post, lamenting about the delay in issuing my PPR mail after the confirmation that my application has been approved since November 2018 and here I am, laughing at myself and smiling at my PPR mail.

Timeline:
IELTS - June 24, 2017
ECA - November 9, 2017
----------------------
Ontario NOI - February 23
Application submitted - April 4
Nomination - July 9
ITA - July 11
AOR - September 5
MEP and BIL - September 28
Biometrics captured - October 2
Biometrics completed - October 5
RPRF (request to pay) - November 2
RPRF (Paid) - November 3
1st Ghost update - November 7
2nd Ghost update - November 9
PPR - December 31

Family size - 4

IELTS - I had to borrow money to do this. The plan was to make wifey the PA. But we had to change that plan as my IELTS result gave us the highest crs score (439), and then I became the PA.
L8.5, R8.5, W7.5, S7.

ECA - Wifey's ECA report was ready even before we wrote IELTS and so we thougt mine shouldn't take long to be ready. Little did we know that almighty IQAS will delay us for several months from entering the pool. We missed out on a number of ITAs due to this IQAS wahala.

Eventually, IQAS came through in November 2017 but ITA scores didnt drop below 439. I lost 5 points on my birthday (Dec 7) - it was a bitter/sweet experience...lol, but we kept the hope alive.

Fast forward to January 2018, something just struck me to create a new profile as Ontario gives NOI to new profiles. ITA scores were not dropping, there were more people with high crs scores entering the pool. The future looked bleak for people with scores of 430s.

We needed to act fast. I told my wife, e be like say na Ontario nomination go sure pass o. Even at that, I was still hesitant to create a new profile. Then, I gave my self brain. I think I created the new profile around late January this year.

On the 23rd of February, we received NOI from Ontario. Funny, I almost disregarded it. I just dey look the mail hoping that we'd get direct ITA soon. CAD $1,500 no be beans na.

OINP app was eventually submitted on the 4th of April and the application was approved on the 9th of July. Chai! I remember coming to this thread for advice, when this OINP people sent me a mail that they will refuse my application if I dont get a letter from my financial institution stating that my funds in TBills can be liquidated at any time blah blah blah.

Getting the OINP nomination was a dream come true. It was a major victory. Our score shot up from 434 to about 1019. Next round of invitation was a banger!

ITA mail dropped on the 11th of July.

My wife was due for delivery at the time, so we gaz chill till after delivery to send our application. My beautiful princess was born on the 26th of July. 10 days after delivery, we took her to the Passport office to process her travel document.

I finally submitted our app on the 5th of September. Then the long wait...

I remembered the day I saw the first ghost update on the 7th of November, I just go where I keep our passports go dust am...lol

...and then the second ghost update came on the 9th of November. A week after the ghost update, I started wondering why no PPR mail yet. People were getting PPR left, right and center so why my own never come...lol.

I called CIC a couple of times to confirm status update. They confirmed our app was approved and a decision made. but no definite time as to when I would be contacted to submit our travel documents.

My wife and I kept hoping and praying. We decided if no show by year ending, na to order GCMS notes in January 2019.

Lo and behold, as I was stepping into my office this morning, at exactly 7am, I saw the golden mail. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was thrilled beyond imagination. My hand just dey shake as I dey read the mail.

I give glory to God. The maker of heaven and earth. The one who was...who is and forever. This couldn't have been without his help. He sure really knows how to surprise someone.

Suffice to say that my wife and I just started this PPR journey anyhow. We did not have any saved up funds anywhere. We just started anyhow. I still don't know how we got money to execute this project...from processing fee to POF...to every. It just happened.

Please if you are reading this and just about starting this PPR thing, dont give up. God will surely make a way. Be it IELTS, ECA, ITA or PPR...just dont give up. Stay focused on the prize.

God bless every soul on this forum. 2019 is gonna be our year of great and even greater testimonies.

Special shoutout to the creator of this thread - @zandora. I've been around this thread since part 1. That year, this Canada thing be like rocket science to me. I remember following and unfollowing the thread several times but @zandora simplified the process making it easy to comprehend.

Another special shout out and in no particular order to @40manlappy, @gliterringstar2, @newmum0615, @ifeoma77, @tojued, @fizzle, @wizean @freda, @Ljay17, @phf2be, @cochtrane, @smslive2 (baba na prophet o...i remembered liking your post in the beginning of one week like that about your prayer that - 'God will surprise us...' Omo, na that week I get nomination o. Make una no dey joke with this baba prayer o, e dey work. Lol)

Lastly, special shout out to everyone here. You guys are the bomb! You make it happen here. May God answer all our prayers in Jesus name.

It has ended in praises.

Broda Raufu @ralphrulz, over to you...lol

My people make I go prepare for watch night service, make I go dance shakushaku plus legbegbe and gbe bodie for my Lord.

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2018
SolutionsGuy:

I remember this your post. Big congratulations on your PPR!
Good way to start a new year.

Now, come and whisper to me. . . Did you later send them mail that it looks like you deleted your PPR mail? grin grin
yes o. I sent the mail and I put am like that. No time...lol

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
makay200:
Good day house,

do you have another certificate? but you need to read page one diligently

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
codebrew85:

YEs GOD had other plans indeed to give you a last day surprise

YESSSSSS

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
Congratulations... Go and prosper. This is the beginning of greater things to come.
codebrew85:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TITILOLA88: 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
This is God.....what a way to end year! Congratulations!
fatiah and codebraw85

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
codebrew85:
yes o. I sent the mail and I put am like that. No time...lol

For real? Lol

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 4:48pm On Dec 31, 2018
So many victories in 2018.
God put a lot of wins in between the disappointments.

I am grateful Lord.

Cheers to an amazing 2019.

Let's go there. It's going to be beautiful for us all.

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
Newmum0615:
So many victories in 2018.
God put a lot of wins in between the disappointments.

I am grateful Lord.

Cheers to an amazing 2019.

Let's go there. It's going to be beautiful for us all.

Amen. When we started this journey, I thought we would be in Canada by now but IELTS had other plans lol

Still, I'm thankful for progress made....#teamPPR2019

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
codebrew85:

Congratulations. They will not understand the way you will dance in church this night grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
Congrats @codebrew85 and @fatiah

Today's midnight service is gon be lit!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Tojued:

Congratulations. They will not understand the way you will dance in church this night grin grin grin

As in ehn.
They will thing its nornmal new year buzz but they wont know you are high on Espirit de PPR (Produire en Canada) 50% vol 100cl

Chaiiii Me sef won high like you ooo

Je m'appelle Jan2019PPR

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maplef: 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Trust we are all prepared for the 2019 train?

I will just like to share my IELTS testimony and encourage someone out there going through the wilderness of IELTS. My timeline is as follows:

Attempt 1= 1st Feb. 18 LRWS 8,8,6,7.5 (BC)
Attempt 2= 12th May LRWS 8, 6.5, 6, 7.5 (EOR W=6.5) IDP
Attempt 3= 18th Aug. LRWS 8, 8.5, 6, 7.5 (EOR W,S =6.5, 8 ) BC
Attempt 4= 13tH Oct. LRWS 8.5, 8, 6.5, 7 (EOR W,S =6.5, 8 ) BC

At this point i was just tired!!! After putting so much effort (after using JAY & LIZ writing materials and videos) i could not get above 6.5. I also made a call for Help here ohhh.... but no one offered assistance. Anyways while reading through the tread @Distinct777 mention that he/she used the materials on this site (https://www.ieltsadvantage.com) for writing....

Attempt 5= 15th Dec LRWS 8.5, 9, 7, 7.5 IDP

All praise be to God!!!! It ended in Praise!!!

Maplef:
Hello all. ...
Hope our weekend is going well? This is a call for HELP!!!! I can't seem to get above 6.5 in writing. My previous score was LRSW 8,8.5,8,6.5 ( S was upgraded to 8 after a remark). Please could someone volunteer to help with proof reading my writing attempts?
��️

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by GodsGGrace: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
I have spent several hours today reading through the threads (starting from thread number 1).

I wrote IELTS with my spouse on 1st December, 2018.

To be honest, we barely put in any preparation. Both of us work in the banking sector (5 years each).

We scored (LRWS)7.5,7.5,6.0,7.5 and 6.0,6.5,7.0,8.0 respectively. That's a band of 7 in both cases. Not good enough.

She has an uncompleted M.A program in English at Unizik because of work and the un-ending come today come tomorrow from Unizik lecturers.

I have a B. Tech in Physics \Electronics from same school. I also have CCNA certification.

We will have to re-take the exam with serious preparation. Maybe give it two months.

I am also thinking of going for an M.SC but I've always had a disdain for Nigerian schools because of the delays they put you through and the obvious lack of time due to my job. I even work weekends twice in a month!

Has anyone obtained an online MBA within a year here before?

I would really appreciate any tips/suggestions from the house. Thank you!

PS: I'm 34 and she's 33.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2018
This is incredibly incredible!!! Chai! Wonderful God we thank you. Congrats baba, All the best.
Bros raufu, better do well in other to have a good judgement day too(lols).
codebrew85:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
Hahahaha!

This your PPR story really cracked me up. As in... I can feel the excitement from here sef. This is great news bro.

I'll score you 8.5/10. Very good job.

I wish you exceeding joy and favour in your new land.

God bless you and yours.

codebrew85:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
Lmao!!

Person go dance like craze person. Dem no go fit understand!

Ramj:

As in ehn.
They will thing its nornmal new year buzz but they wont know you are high on Espirit de PPR (Produire en Canada) 50% vol 100cl

Chaiiii Me sef won high like you ooo

Je m'appelle Jan2019PPR

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.