Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822565 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ebho: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
Engr2000:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6

This is as a PR through Express Entry Notice PMP has a clause.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pretyveecee: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2018
quote author=JobsInIT post=74288190]

Pm me pls. I may be able to help[/quote]

Please I sent a mail. Kindly respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
It depends...where do you reside? Call the centre and find out. In my location, it's possible to use either passport or residence card.
Eraytee:
Goodday to everyone and compliments of the season to you all, please I need clarification as regards ielts identification doc.

There is only January 19th 2019 date available for the month of January 2019 in my country of resident, I was unable to apply for this date because it got filled up early, i was so surprised when i saw it, now the problem i have now is that d next available date where I reside is February 9th 2019. My passport will expire 2days before the exam (February 7th). Have applied for new passport since October 2018, but the passport team that came for renewal will be coming January/February (not sure).

Is it possible to register with national ID card? Has anyone done this before? Aiming my 4th attempt, biko make una help a brother. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
Eraytee:
Goodday to everyone and compliments of the season to you all, please I need clarification as regards ielts identification doc.

There is only January 19th 2019 date available for the month of January 2019 in my country of resident, I was unable to apply for this date because it got filled up early, i was so surprised when i saw it, now the problem i have now is that d next available date where I reside is February 9th 2019. My passport will expire 2days before the exam (February 7th). Have applied for new passport since October 2018, but the passport team that came for renewal will be coming January/February (not sure).

Is it possible to register with national ID card? Has anyone done this before? Aiming my 4th attempt, biko make una help a brother. God bless you all.
If you are in Nigeria, you can't use National ID. International passport is the only ID that IELTS accepts. And it must be a valid one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
coolangel54:
Not happy at all. 2nd attempt with IDP LRSW 7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
I am crushed right now as my listening skill is poor. 1st attempt was still 7.5 in Listening. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
So sorry about this. Consider a remark, you might get lucky on the listening. But choose all the modules to increase your chances of getting a refund

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Peace505: 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
[quote author=chicyclass post=74293508]Great! Hope it went well.

*Female

[/quote
Yes it did.
Ok. All the best sis.]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Greatkhad: 3:58pm On Dec 30, 2018
Engr2000:
Go for 3-6 months.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2018
Redaddict:
Hi guys,

Please I need advice on the way forward. I just got result of my third IELTS test and it’s not looking positive.

3rd test- LRWS - 7.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0
2nd test - LRWS- 7.5, 6.5, 7.5, 7.0
1st test- LRWS- 7.5, 7.0, 6.5, 8.0

I don’t know if I should apply for a remark or write a 4th test. So sad right now.

I strongly advise that you enroll for training with a center that prepares people for IELTS. Based on your results trend, nothing might change without systematic training.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
joo2018:
You might not get penalized, but the more you write, the more the possibilities for errors which will end up lowering your score, not to talk of pissing off the examiner.

cc: nice2

He can request for a remark if we want to talk about pissing off examiner as there are marking guidelines they follow grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DadR: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
While this is good, one should be careful too so that the VO won't think one is trying to play smart. Cos in the real sense, you've not really gotten value of the assumed 200k interest paid until the maturity date of the Tbills investment. This means that, if the Tbills investment is rediscounted (pre-terminated), the unearned interest would be deducted from the face value and the balance paid to you.

Just thought to share my view.

cc: tojued

Hakuna Matata

Godisincontrol:
As an aside, for those using Tbills, the upfront interest that you will be paid as well as the invested sum can be used as POF. What I mean is assuming you invested 3.5m and the interest paid to you is 200k,you have 3.7m as POF. All you need do is add the Tbills certificate and a statement of your account showing the 200k and whatever is left in your account.

In your cover note for POF you list/tabulate them and sum it up and you are good.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pretyveecee: 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hello @ IFEOMA77 please I sent you a pm. Kindly respond.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
coolangel54:
Not happy at all. 2nd attempt with IDP LRSW 7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
I am crushed right now as my listening skill is poor. 1st attempt was still 7.5 in Listening. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Sorry about this sweetheart, you'll pass the next test. Focus more on listening during preparation, all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
CoCoLav:

It shows received
ok..and it's being like that for 7 weeks?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
thanks sir/ma, i'll make d inquiry on monday

nomad26:
It depends...where do you reside? Call the centre and find out. In my location, it's possible to use either passport or residence card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
not in naija, i'll find out if i can use it or not from ielts head office close to my house. thanks for your response.

Ifeoma77:

If you are in Nigeria, you can't use National ID. International passport is the only ID that IELTS accepts. And it must be a valid one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2018
Gracemama:
I

I have for 29th January ( if it’s not to late) family of 3. U can pm if you are interested.

Thank you so much. I just PM you but you can also reach me on jerrymag4@gmail.com. I’m eager to call u right away. Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2018
pretyveecee:
Hello @ IFEOMA77 please I sent you a pm. Kindly respond.

Thank you
Responded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
DadR:
While this is good, one should be careful too so that the VO won't think one is trying to play smart. Cos in the real sense, you've not really gotten value of the assumed 200k interest paid until the maturity date of the Tbills investment. This means that, if the Tbills investment is rediscounted (pre-terminated), the unearned interest would be deducted from the face value and the balance paid to you.

Just thought to share my view.

cc: tojued

Hakuna Matata

Biko the grammar is too big for me grin

All I know is that if I'm investing 100k @14% for one year, my certificate will have face value of 114k and discounted value of 100k. I don't know any implications of this but as a layman I'll definitely go with my 114k face value if asked the worth of my certificate, No manipulations of the system intended.

Oh Okay... now that I've explained my understanding I now understand your point. Fortunately the VO is also a layman wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
Ella99:
Please call them again. They told me the same thing yesterday. I called back today and sent them proof of ITA and i was given 31st January.

Thanks. I even went to their office physically. They told me to get a biodata form or something from the embassy and you know there is nothing like that for PR. So I got stalk. I desperately need help. I wish I can avoid spending double at IOM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
Barryston:
Just few pages back..someone said he went there(physically)and pleaded with them and told them about his situation..he even showed them his ITA letter and they squeeze out a date for him...try do the same. All the best

Unfortunately, I went there too physically but no luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
Debsify:
ok..and it's being like that for 7 weeks?

Yup!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nasohian: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hi all,
What happens if one is issued a nomination from a province and the EE profile expires just before the application to the province is completed?
Knowing that you have used the EE profile number to make expression of interest application to the province.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by hayor2014(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hello peeps, who has recently collected his/her certificate from Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU). I intend to get mine this week and I want to know all the requirements and amount payable....I would appreciate inputs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by missyou2: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
Please how did you know your VO without ordering gcms notes?
Adeyemmy24:
Hello my Nairaland family, Thanks to all for the good work and wealth of information on this platform. I have really benefited a lot here.

Here is my enquiry...
I will like to know if any one has information about file transfers to Etobicoke visa office? It seems my file has been transferred there and I am just wondering why. I am a US resident and my application was initially with CIO, sydney, so from past trends I felt it will be transferred to ottawa or remain with CIO.

I am also looking at ordering GCMS notes too(Aor Oct12).

Any info about transfers to Etobicoke visa office will be highly appreciated . Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DadR: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Tojued:

Biko the grammar is too big for me grin LOL[/color]

All I know is that if I'm investing 100k @14% for one year, my certificate will have face value of 114k and discounted value of 100k. I don't know any implications of this but as a layman I'll definitely go with my 114k face value if asked the worth of my certificate, No manipulations of the system intended.

Oh Okay... now that I've explained my understanding I now understand your point. Fortunately the VO is also a layman wink You can't be too sure o, if the VO is an ex-banker or investment manager nko? [color=#000099]
grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NanaF: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Redaddict:
Hi guys,

Please I need advice on the way forward. I just got result of my third IELTS test and it’s not looking positive.

3rd test- LRWS - 7.0, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0
2nd test - LRWS- 7.5, 6.5, 7.5, 7.0
1st test- LRWS- 7.5, 7.0, 6.5, 8.0

I don’t know if I should apply for a remark or write a 4th test. So sad right now.

Your writing seems ok. If you’re in Lagos, on the mainland and have a laptop, i can help with your reading and listening.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire18: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
So sorry about your case. I thought that WAEC is not needed in d case of foreign masters . Dont know if its late to delete d waec entry. Other option is to try ICES n use just d masters. U dont need d 1st degree.

[quote author=Oakbend16 post=74286829]

My brother's wife's verification scaled through, my wife's own is still pending but my brother's own was rejected because waec notified wes that it was not authentic. He has however verified his first degree and foreign masters degree.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Compu001: 7:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
If you have permit of the country or identity card of the country or driver's license of the country. It will be accepted.

Eraytee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JobsInIT: 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
pretyveecee:
quote author=JobsInIT post=74288190]

Pm me pls. I may be able to help

Please I sent a mail. Kindly respond.

I have. At 1.51pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Runo03: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
Dear ebho.can u share the email address that u can be reached with. Mine is idodebbi@gmail.com.
I will appreciate if u can send me a mail for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by junebaby: 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2018
Thank you.

Thanks to everyone that chipped in too. Would start work ASAP.

OYASALOF:
Hello, I used my temporary voters card and you no longer need to use two documents for proof of address.

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.