Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821655 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by deTimo: 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
canadiandamsel:
so no ppr news....na wa o
It's loading......

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
Canada is spending $113 millions on pre-arrival services over the next 4yrs.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-hussen-trudeau-funding-1.4964943

Those of us with PPR, let's take advantage of them before landing. They have already been paid for.

Only online sessions for Nigeria though, so no in-person Planning for Canada sessions.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expresso17: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hello All
I was at Q life today to book an appointment, they asked for my ITA which I had with me, and was told the earliest date is Feb 8. So for those with ITA, I think you can try as you may get an earlier date than April.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 11:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
MrRobot14:

Hi - What if I did the Diploma programme but did not use it to gain admission into UNILAG?
I have a 4-year BSc degree from another school.
Does this count towards having 2 degrees/certificates?
Will WES evaluate the UNILAG Diploma as a standalone entity?
Kindly assist.

Cheers.

I do not think so.
The UNILAG diploma is actually equivalent to an 'A level' certificate (pre-tertiary) and below ND / NCE that are post-secondary (tertiary) qualifications.
Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
GozyNA:
While processing my ECA, I found out that WES sends verification requests even for College of Medicine Idiaraba to Unilag Akoka, they then sort it and move to Idiaraba. Mine took about three weeks from when it was sent by WES for it to get to Idiaraba.

1. LUTH is different from CMUL Idi-Araba.
2. There's no Health Record program in CMUL.
3. The Health Record program is domiciled in LUTH (similar to the School of Nursing).

cc: HAGIMANU
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
@Ifeoma77 Nne, please I sent you a private message. Gracias
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2019
This is great oh! Ya ready!!! Go and prosper

Zeiya:

Yesoooo.

I got PPR on 7th December and submitted the same day at VFS Lagos.

I picked up this morning 3rd jan 2019.
It was approved on the 19th dec
Left Ghana on the 24th dec
I gave them some time before picking up today.

Note: I was one of the people they issued PPR letter to submit to India. I submitted at VFS Lagos and raised CSE after 4 days( for formality sake). They replied after 2days that it has been resolved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
Jesus Christ. I don’t even know who you are. Just went to your page and I didn’t see my name there; just you arguing with several people. But you know me enough to comment on my home training? Is God testing me?

Jasmine17:

When she was waiting for her ppr, i prayed for her. After she posted her interview transcript, i really felt she didn't deserve the stress. Immediately she got PPR, she became a lion, better than everyone, a "psychologist" who deserves Canada better than all Nigerians and goes around insulting everyone at the slightest opportunity.

I have argued with her once and will not do it again even is she comes for me. But its a clear indication that she lacks basic home training. Guess the VO's comment about her sitting at home and being paid salary is very correct.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
@ifeoma77 that's how the bickering/arguments resumed here after it went on vacation on the other thread.

Someone pls give us PPR gist let it wash away all the arguments.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Solex01: 12:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Fasansolomon@gmail.com
boco2126:
On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2019
Geetaybeks:

Can we stop this already and leave space for what this thread is meant for.....to those offended sorry...to those not offended.Thank you
Now let's move on...We have a target and that is what our sights should be on
am really sorry for the bickering.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by soulhighman(m): 2:26am On Jan 04, 2019
EyesondPrize:
1yr+CLB

I don't understand what you mean by that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mcstan18(m): 6:23am On Jan 04, 2019
Happy New year to everyone here, and congratulations to you. Yes, you.

We need the testimonies, not fights

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jancollins: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2019
Thank you so much for this wonderful piece.

boco2126:
On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by yabadabado: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2019
Good morning,

Please i've got 1 question on ICES abeg.

Will i have to send by courier AND attach scan copies of certificate/int'l passport page/transcripts while completing application online ?

please indulge me if you have used ICES or have a better hang of the ICES process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prex29: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2019
Congrats, we thank God.

I want to ask did VFS charge you anything to submit and send your passport to the Visa Office Ghana? And if so how much. Contemplating sending mine (family of 4) when the time comes via return express courier. Or if anyone can answer please do.

Zeiya:

Yesoooo.

I got PPR on 7th December and submitted the same day at VFS Lagos.

I picked up this morning 3rd jan 2019.
It was approved on the 19th dec
Left Ghana on the 24th dec
I gave them some time before picking up today.

Note: I was one of the people they issued PPR letter to submit to India. I submitted at VFS Lagos and raised CSE after 4 days( for formality sake). They replied after 2days that it has been resolved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EyesondPrize: 8:09am On Jan 04, 2019
This is what I meant;
CLB - L-8.5, R-8.0, S-7.5, W-6.0 + 1yr experience.
I was ineligible to submit a profile. I wanted to be in the pool pending when I get my EOR/re-write but I could not.

soulhighman:

I don't understand what you mean by that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EyesondPrize: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2019
Jeez... what’s happening on this thread?

It’s so wrong to poke and question people’s testimony and experiences shared here.

Let’s focus on why we are here please. #canada2019.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2019
yabadabado:
Good morning,

Please i've got 1 question on ICES abeg.

Will i have to send by courier AND attach scan copies of certificate/int'l passport page/transcripts while completing application online ?

please indulge me if you have used ICES or have a better hang of the ICES process.

Why use a courier when your school can just send it via email. All they need is your transcript from your school

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MyCheta: 8:30am On Jan 04, 2019
Hello all.

I have been an unregistered reader for long now. Finally I have made up my mind to immigrate to Canada. I just got married last August. No child yet, based in UAE.

I have string of experiences ranging from managing a business to teaching. My major experience is teaching. I have over 6 years of experience in teaching Psychology, economics and World history. I'm currently a teacher in UAE. I hold a BSc in psychology and a PGDE from NTI/NOUN. I'm currently an MBA student in health management which will be ending by March 2020. I also have skills in data analysis, Monitoring and evaluation and Human capital strategy.

My wife holds an NCE and has been teaching in an elementary school for the last 2 years, she's about starting her degree.

I need an advise on how to proceed as I'm lost. Seems my skill set is not appearing in this year program cos I have checked my eligibility and it's saying I do not meet the requirements. I have ielts band 7 but it's academic, I'm hoping to redo it within the next few months once my wife arrives UAE.

I would appreciate all the help and advise that could help. I have read alot from the many threads before. However, I'm contemplating on which path to take. Still saving up the money for POF, hopefully before December I may get up to that God's wiling.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adenikeO: 8:33am On Jan 04, 2019
You can use your card, I used my GT Mastercard to pay.
Mcseun:
Goodevening all, newbie here! Have been reading through and I must say very educative. Please I want to pay for WES can I use card or just do western union. Please help with the answer. I just want to start my own process. Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.