Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821960 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2019
rosepetraa:

I believe it is TEF. Whats your band for TEF - LWRS in that order. If you have straight B2's aside from getting 16 points (4 points each) you also get an extra 30 points. Thats 46 points

L8,W7,R8,S8.

TEF: C1,C1,B1,B2

TEF gave me only 9 points cause of the B1.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
kashamadupe0906:

very possible, TEF carries alot of point. I don't think u did anything wrong...
I'm just scared. Wasn't expecting that. TEF gave me only 9 points cause of my B1 in listening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
oyeoye64:

Congrats Bro/Sis. 8 alone in listening is a bomb increase in points. Any special tip for newbies?

Thanks. I'm going back to recheck all my entries though.

Listening tip? I don't have much to say. Just concentrate as much as possible not just for the words but also for the insinuated messages. Best of luck!

It's "bro".

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
rosepetraa:

I believe it is TEF. Whats your band for TEF - LWRS in that order. If you have straight B2's aside from getting 16 points (4 points each) you also get an extra 30 points. Thats 46 points.

I simulated your scores using B2 For LS and B1 for WR.
I got 483. I believe you re in order

This makes me feel better.

I got C1 in writing. The B1 is in listening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
etrange:

L8,W7,R8,S8.

TEF: C1,C1,B1,B2

TEF gave me only 9 points cause of the B1.

Don't Forget you have other things working for you -
Age (less than 30 gives max. Points)
Masters degree

I simulated and got 485.

In fact, if you didn't sit for TEF, you would have gotten 475. 475 +10 (TEF ) = 485

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Youtook(f): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
I'm not oga o!

etrange:

Oga, wait joor...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
rosepetraa:

Masters degree

I simulated and got 485.

485! That's the exact figure. Wow!

I was literally sad when I saw it. Thought I'd messed up the whole thing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2019
Youtook:

I'm not oga o!

Ah... Sorry ma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by abakiki(f): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
Homguy:
how do I sign this petition?

This is the link below:

http://chng.it/r7KW4M2v

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
NeneSisi:
You can actually highlight texts, make notes on the passage during the reading section. Same way you would on a Word document.

You can change font size to suit you change screen resolution etc. When going to the bathroom, if need be but not during listening you can 'hide' your screen, like you would close your book.

You can practice with the regular paper-based questions. And there are tons of YouTube videos that you can use to simulate or learn or familiarize yourself with.

For the listening, you answer as you go on. No extra time to transfer answers. And this is quite easy, because at one point in time, we've all taken notes while someone was speaking. It's the same.

Some countries have the speaking done to a computer as well but not yet for us in Nigeria, so your speaking is still face-face with an examiner.

Just thought to add some more pros

How long did it take for results to be released?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Influential101: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2019
@ etrange, so you're just creating your EE profile.. by the time you're post ITA, you'll have 20 pages to yourself grin grin grin grin embarassed

Meanyl, your score though.. ITA too sure smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Influential101:
@ etrange, so you're just creating your EE profile.. by the time you're post ITA, you'll have 20 pages to yourself grin grin grin grin embarassed

Meanyl, your score though.. ITA too sure smiley

grin grin grin

I'm just clearing the way for the ground breaking questions I'll be asking after ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jmnsimone(f): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
My profile is similar to yours - without TEF but I maxed out IELTS - and my CRS is 481, so there's nothing to worry about.

etrange:
Guys help!!!!

I'm panicking! My CRS is 485! How? I don't have Canadian connection.

I have MSc
Less than 30 yrs
IELTS: 8887
I have TEF.
4 to 5yrs work experience.

That's all. Help me, is 485 possible? Did I get anything wrong?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
jmnsimone:
My profile is similar to yours - without TEF but I maxed out IELTS - and my CRS is 481, so there's nothing to worry about.

Thank ma...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2019
For everyone asking me about learning French language, TEF exam and how to go about it, please follow this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

I will be extremely glad to answer your questions there.

Learning French is the way forward!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
Zutlin:

It's a pity.

For those who didn't know, know this now - as a West African applicant, until you get your PPR, AVO is a reality that looms over your head. Even if your file is being processed at another VO, your file can still land at Accra if the officer handling your file is overwhelmed with work or just feels that you might need to be interviewed. So no one should feel unconcerned because they're presently not under AVO.

Perhaps you haven't heard of people who got sent to AVO for interview and 7 months later they are yet to get an interview date.

As a matter of fact, people whose Visa Office is not Accra should be equally concerned. If your file gets sent to AVO from another Visa Office, you join the queue and your processing time begins afresh. AVO couldn't care less how long you've spent in your primary Visa Office. Feel free to inquire from those who got transferred to Accra from other Visa Offices.

In reality, the Accra visa office is not the only one stalling on applications. The same Ottawa office people want their files to be transferred to is stalling on so many inland applications.... I have friends whose applications are 7 and 9 months gone respectively. From Vancouver to Vegreville to Winnipeg visa offices, inland applicants are suffering the same wait times and stalling too.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 2:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
rosepetraa:

Masters degree

I simulated and got 485.

In fact, if you didn't sit for TEF, you would have gotten 475. 475 +10 (TEF ) = 485

A quick one, why does "skill transferability foreign work experience" give "50" even when you have never worked in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dandy00: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
Your Scores is very possible..
You have everyhing already..
Well done

etrange:
Guys help!!!!

I have MSc
Less than 30 yrs
I have TEF.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iykedare(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
etrange:
For everyone asking me about learning French language, TEF exam and how to go about it, please follow this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

I will be extremely glad to answer your questions there.

Learning French is the way forward!

please, when did you start learning french ?
did you go to any french school?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
Any work experience outside Canada is a foreign work experience
etrange:

A quick one, why does "skill transferability foreign work experience" give "50" even when you have never worked in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 3:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
The Draw is here!!!! CRS 449

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NeneSisi: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
3 working days

Adunnee:

How long did it take for results to be released?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mapleking: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
My guess for the next ITA - 452. Nor call me enemy of progress o. I see am for vision. tongue

Your vision is blurry.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
The Draw is here!!!! CRS 449. Congrats to the LUCKY ONES!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Barryston:

Any work experience outside Canada is a foreign work experience
Oh... true. I misinterpreted it. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
Lol...congratulations etrange! Hope you've started gathering your documents grin

P.S let me be the first to say congrats on your ITA!

etrange:
Guys help!!!!

I have MSc
Less than 30 yrs
I have TEF.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
njbybrthnly:
Lol...congratulations etrange! Hope you've started gathering your documents grin

P.S let me be the first to say congrats on your ITA!

Merci beaucoup mon prof. On va y arriver par la grace de Dieu.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mapleking: 3:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
wasseynewest:
The Draw is here!!!! CRS 449

Na wa o.. Congrats to all ITAians
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Ramj:
In view of the first #drawsoup of 2019 aka today's draw and the other draws in this PPR year.
Can we all open our Express Entry Hymnal of the IRCC Hymn Book to

HYMN number 101 - There Shall Be Showers of ITA (May we all rise)

There Shall be Showers of ITA
There shall be showers of ITA, this is the promise of IRCC.
There shall be ITA Refreshing sent from IRCC in Canada.
CHORUS - Shower of ITA, showers of ITA we NEED
ITA drops round us are falling
Showers of ITA we plead

Orin 101 - OJO ITA YI O SI RO (Ki Awon Omo ijo Express Entry Jide)

Ojo ITA yi o si ro
Ileri IRCC leyi
A o ri ITA dundun latowo IRCC ni Canada.
EGBE- Ojo ITA Ojo ITA la fe.
Iri ITA yi waka.
Ojo ITA la n toro

So shall it be in Jesus name.

Shout out to all those in the pool.

May the Lord hear our prayers in Jesus name.

Je m'appelle ITA

Finally the first DrawSoup lands

449 - CRS

Congrats to all new ITAians

Je m'appelle ITA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mapleking: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
etrange:
Guys help!!!!

I have MSc
Less than 30 yrs
I have TEF.

ITA killer. Even with your young age, you went for TEF again. Baddo.. Congrats, na you dem dey call young and skillfull.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Niyi101: 3:37pm On Jan 10, 2019
You people should call Canada to do draw now � sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mapleking:

ITA killer. Even with your young age, you went for TEF again. Baddo.. Congrats, na you dem dey call young and skillfull.

Thank sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.