Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,104 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821175 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by happyme31: 8:30am On Jan 26, 2019
I evaluated my msc using ICES.
I started the process October 24. My transcript was ready the next day (ABU, Zaria things�) and dispatched October 26. It was eventually delivered November 13 due to the canadian post strike.

January 23rd, my profile changed to completed and I got a message from UPS that it would be delivered the next day to the canadian address I provided.

So its 10 weeks from start to completion, no verifications needed.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 8:39am On Jan 26, 2019
shege45:
they first sent an email for verification to my school, my school responded to their email that a fee was needed before they would answer them. ICES sent me an email with my school ‘s email attached to theirs. They were surprised that a fee is being charged for verification and they told me to contact my school which i did.

It was sent to either the registrar’s office or records office. But i know the response was from records office.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I will continue to send a weekly mail to ICES for update
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JesusBabyyy: 8:42am On Jan 26, 2019
Wow!! Congratulations @flyboi1 beautiful testimony!! Go and flourish in your new home!

[quote author=flyboi1 post=75095763]Long Post Alert!!!
TIMELINE
FSW outland
ECA - IQAS July 2016 (They were the fastest as at this time period – 3weeks)
IELTS;
20-08-2016 BC LRWS 8,6.5,7.5,6.5
25-05-20
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 8:53am On Jan 26, 2019
happyme31:
I evaluated my msc using ICES.
I started the process October 24. My transcript was ready the next day (ABU, Zaria things�) and dispatched October 26. It was eventually delivered November 13 due to the canadian post strike.

January 23rd, my profile changed to completed and I got a message from UPS that it would be delivered the next day to the canadian address I provided.

So its 10 weeks from start to completion, no verifications needed.

Is it possible that a verification email was sent to your school and a favourable response was gotten without you being involved. Some schools might not require payment for verification after all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 8:59am On Jan 26, 2019
DrMrsCK:
I have come again o! Please I need your advice on POF. Spouse provided 100% funds. 50% was transferred into my account last year which I put into a fixed deposit
We plan to show spouse's SOA in order to explain the source of funds and also show the transfer to me then add a letter of explanation.

You don’t have to do Top up. You can have as many fixed deposits as possible or you can Top up and keep a copy of the former proof of investment. The date of investment doesn’t really matter in this situation as the the cogent thing is that you have an investment.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by happyme31: 9:00am On Jan 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Very very possible, agents are fully capable of all sorts of rubbish.
Last weekend, I spoke to a family friend, she said she has an agent she wants to work with. Mr agent told her that the Canadian government will give you job, give you house and even pay for your airfare to Canada.
He billed her 2.8M. 1m upfront and 1.8m when she lands in Canada. I just put my hand on my head cry cry

Funny enough a family member in on this table.
He said they would be given a house and job. It sounded too good to be true.
I jejely carried myself to Nairaland, I am team DIY.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jennypharb1: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2019
kashamadupe0906:
A friend just started his ECA with ICAS, anybody who has used ICAS should kindly share his/her experience.

The reason why he choose them is because he plan to relocate to Ontario, has a sibling there, and ICAS is based in Ontario.

how reliable is ICAS?

Note - ICAS not IQAS

He don enter one chance for the next 5-6months. Silence......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2019
efueh:
Thanks joo2018 for your response.
I guess it will be better to just inform CIC on the change of address due to her new job in Europe and left naija a week ago. Mind you, this new job wasn’t captured in her work history because it came after AOR. Also biometrics hasn’t been done yet, and when that time comes she intend to do it in Europe independent of her spouse in niaja. As we have read here that biometrics can be done from different locations.

So based on the aforementioned, I guess it is just proper to raise CSE and be at peace. I hope this is in order my people?
I’m asking for a dear friend, response/advice are most welcomed.

Cc: Ifeom.a77, Mcs.tan, joo2.018 & smslive.

She definitely needs to inform them of the change in address. Not informing them of a change in address can lead to a refusal

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by omotolayo: 9:25am On Jan 26, 2019
Good morning house, please I need help I got a nomination approval from SINP a week ago but have not received a message from CIC to accept the offer, and 600points has not been credited into my ee profile. I called SINP and they said the problem is from CIC. I called CIC twice and they said I should update my ee profile, I have not been able to do that because the yes/no button for whether I have a nomination appears locked and uneditable . I missed the last ITA due to this, please does anyone know how I can go about this issue. Please I would appreciate guidance and advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2019
Prettiepearlz:

Crooks! My friend's colleague was also advising my friend to use an agent who charges 2m for such. So she told me thinking I would be encouraged to do such I simply told her I don't have 2m to waste and told her of all their atrocities. She changed her mind straight! 2m when it's not 2 Naira we are talking about cheesy cheesy

happyme31:

Funny enough a family member in on this table.
He said they would be given a house and job. It sounded too good to be true.
I jejely carried myself to Nairaland, I am team DIY.

If it sounds too good to be true, it's most likely NOT true.
May God save us from scammers posing as agents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2019
omotolayo:
Good morning house, please I need help I got a nomination approval from SINP a week ago but have not received a message from CIC to accept the offer, and 600points has not been credited into my ee profile. I called SINP and they said the problem is from CIC. I called CIC twice and they said I should update my ee profile, I have not been able to do that because the yes/no button for whether I have a nomination appears locked and uneditable . I missed the last ITA due to this, please does anyone know how I can go about this issue. Please I would appreciate guidance and advice. Thank you
First of all, you should black out your name in the image.
Have you clicked on the 'report a technical problem' button/tab? Maybe try that and see if the response will tackle the issue.
Sorry about the inconvenience, don't worry, you ITA is sure and you won't lose your nomination because of this. Just use this time to be gathering other documents

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2019
Good one, chief.
Glebb:

Update: So the scheduled interview was actually landing in its own right. Got there 10 mins to the scheduled time, got myself a number card, waited till it was my turn. I was asked two questions. Have I ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or elsewhere to which I answered NO. Also, I was asked if I have any dependants I haven't stated, I said NO. They printed my CoPR, have me sign both copies, they took one with one of the aforementioned passport photographs and that was it. The waiting time aside I didn't spend up to 5 minutes there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:47am On Jan 26, 2019
Glebb:

Update: So the scheduled interview was actually landing in its own right. Got there 10 mins to the scheduled time, got myself a number card, waited till it was my turn. I was asked two questions. Have I ever been convicted of a crime in Canada or elsewhere to which I answered NO. Also, I was asked if I have any dependants I haven't stated, I said NO. They printed my CoPR, have me sign both copies, they took one with one of the aforementioned passport photographs and that was it. The waiting time aside I didn't spend up to 5 minutes there.

Congratulations!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:47am On Jan 26, 2019
DrMrsCK:
I have come again o! Please I need your advice on POF. Spouse provided 100% funds. 50% was transferred into my account last year which I put into a fixed deposit. Now the other 50% was transferred into my account. I would like to fix the money in the same bank as before but this will be a top-up and there will be a new effective date. I want tmy application to show that I had some money before and not just before I submitted my application. I am so confused.
Do I go ahead and fix in one bank?(makes the application simpler) or do I fix the other 50% in another bank?
We plan to show spouse's SOA in order to explain the source of funds and also show the transfer to me then add a letter of explanation.

Whether you fix in one bank, or fix in five other banks, or leave in as cash in your account, or leave it in your spouse's account, you are correct.
It is your money and however you choose to present it to IRCC, it remains your money. Whether it looks simple or complicated, they will understand it.
So do whichever one gives you peace. If you prefer to show that you've had some of the money long before ITA, then fix it in another bank and upload both certificates. If you are more concerned with presenting one single FD certificate, then do it. The new effective date doesn't matter, people have gotten their PPR with FDs that were fixed one day before AOR.
Stop worrying so much

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 10:48am On Jan 26, 2019
shege45:
yes
They sent an email to my school,so i had to pay extra money for my school to reply. I think they finished my case two days after they got the reply from my school. One thing I realized when i used ices was that they don’t notify you about anything. If you don’t email them to know how far,they won’t send you. Unless they might have changed now

Thanks for the tip about urging them. But, was your transcript sent via email initially?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 10:53am On Jan 26, 2019
Hmmm I know somebody too, pushing 40 with only Bsc. His agent is telling him that he doesn't need to write IELTS and that PPR will definitely come. Me I am tired of talking because he is not listening. He is hell bent on wasting money so make I siddon look to see how this 'miracle' will happen.
Ifeoma77:

If it sounds too good to be true, it's most likely NOT true.
May God save us from scammers posing as agents

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 10:55am On Jan 26, 2019
FirstTImeUser:

Thank you oh@ottawasenators. I went to inquire in the bank and the lady was telling me it has to be sent to the head office for approval bla bla bla
I knew that couldn't be the case
Will reapproach.thanks again

Hello @firsttimeuser, if you want the generic letter, it won't take more than 20 mins but if you need the letter in CIC format, it would take between 24 to 48 hours and this depends largely on your account officer because it has to go through approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 10:55am On Jan 26, 2019
What resolution is ok for upload the documents. 300dpi is too large. Is 75dpi ok?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 10:56am On Jan 26, 2019
What resolution is ok for uploading documents post ITA? 300dpi is too large. Is 75dpi ok?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:07am On Jan 26, 2019
That might not be clear o.

The min. CIC recommends is 96dpi (see here).

Why don't you use 300dpi colored and then compress the pdf? There are tons of pdf compressors online.

DrMrsCK:
What resolution is ok for upload the documents. 300dpi is too large. Is 75dpi ok?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 11:11am On Jan 26, 2019
kashamadupe0906:
A friend just started his ECA with ICAS, anybody who has used ICAS should kindly share his/her experience.

The reason why he choose them is because he plan to relocate to Ontario, has a sibling there, and ICAS is based in Ontario.

how reliable is ICAS?

Note - ICAS not IQAS

I think all will access your credentials well. The only difference will be the time they take. I am using CES currently (not ICES). I had never seen anyone use it before I tried it. I was attracted by the simplicity of the process, and I can say there is progress so far.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 11:21am On Jan 26, 2019
joo2018:
That might not be clear o.

The min. CIC recommends is 96dpi (see here).

Why don't you use 300dpi colored and then compress the pdf? There are tons of pdf compressors online.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 11:27am On Jan 26, 2019
efeklvn:

Thanks for the tip about urging them. But, was your transcript sent via email initially?
my eca story get as e be oo. I sent the first via courier, they doubted the credibility of the transcript and requested for it to be sent via email which i did. So basically, I sent via email
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 11:34am On Jan 26, 2019
shege45:
my eca story get as e be oo. I sent the first via courier, they doubted the credibility of the transcript and requested for it to be sent via email which i did. So basically, I sent via email

OK... na to start bombing them o.
Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by KINGTELLER: 11:37am On Jan 26, 2019
In the Generic form IMM0008 is international Passport a national identity document for Nigeria, I hope I haven't misrepresented myself?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by omotolayo: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

First of all, you should black out your name in the image.
Have you clicked on the 'report a technical problem' button/tab? Maybe try that and see if the response will tackle the issue.
Sorry about the inconvenience, don't worry, you ITA is sure and you won't lose your nomination because of this. Just use this time to be gathering other documents
I have reported the problem to the technical team through report problem or technical issue, but not heard from them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikoyo200(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2019
pls send me the material to my mail. michaelausten2003@gmail.com
looking forward to receive it

thanks

boco2126:
On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
Mummychichi:

Hello @firsttimeuser, if you want the generic letter, it won't take more than 20 mins but if you need the letter in CIC format, it would take between 24 to 48 hours and this depends largely on your account officer because it has to go through approval.

Thanks...I am grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikoyo200(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2019
please i need answers regarding my O level result, i combined 2 sittings and now i want to request for my Olevel result and scratch cards to be sent by NECO to WES for evaluation.do i have request for the 2 results to be sent or just 1 of the result will be okay.

Please i want the gurus in the house to help me out on this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Omoedeki: 12:45pm On Jan 26, 2019
I need help from anyone that have successfully added spouse after AOR, do one have to pay for biometrics too. The letter did not say so. It only mention the processing fee and the RPRF. I'm kind of confused whether to just pay for biometrics for my wife or leave it since the letter did not mention it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cmoney22222: 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
one result is okay

mikoyo200:
please i need answers regarding my O level result, i combined 2 sittings and now i want to request for my Olevel result and scratch cards to be sent by NECO to WES for evaluation.do i have request for the 2 results to be sent or just 1 of the result will be okay.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2019
mikoyo200:

Thanks

If you intend to use WES one Neco result is ok even if its F9 so 1 result is ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.