Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821168 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 1:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Not a problem.

You filled the right info on your eAPR for you to have gotten the placeholder. I believe you are covered.

melarose:
Wow I actually wrote no for this spouse education in my ee profile before ITA coz i wasn’t claiming points for it, but after I received ITA there was a placeholder for spouse’s degree which I still uploaded and submitted. Is this an issue really?if so, please what do I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 1:37pm On Jan 27, 2019
No.

If it is attempted, they are risking the PR status of the half-brother for misrepresentation.
OYASALOF:
Hello all, please is it possible to claim 15 points from ones half brother that's already in Canada but he didn't include his halfsisters name in his application? Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Cheta55: 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Please guys I need your suggestion, I want to evaluate my results but I don't want to use WES because of some waec problems and I have only HND and OND so am asking apart from WES which other Agency can give me a favorable points, remember I only have OND and HND? Please suggest. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
pm me and I will send you the contact of the woman in school of postgraduate studies that assisted me.
I can't post her contact here since it is public forum
oge18:
Biko so my results are out. how do i go about the request for d notification of result/ transcript to WES.
Please assist cos i am confused and dont know how to go about it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kmgb1: 2:14pm On Jan 27, 2019
joo2018:
No.

If it is attempted, they are risking the PR status of the half-brother for misrepresentation.

Someone on this thread told us how he wasnt mentioned in his siblings application but went ahead to present proof of relationship and got PPR,dont remember the moniker though and im surprised u missed that post as well.
Besides,think about it if my sibling excludes my name for any reason,perhaps enstrangement,you coming out to prove your relationship can never be seen as misrepresentation in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hello all, is there anyone here who wrote BC Computer delivered IELTS exam on 22nd January? Have you been able to view your results?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ThaSlimKidd: 2:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good day house. Been trying to catch up on this long and informative thread as quickly as thoroughly as I can.
I have a question I'd like to ask if I may,
I want to submit my documents for ECA but I only have my statement of result for now, I'd get my degree sometime within the year. Can a photocopy of my statement of result suffice in place of a copy of my actual degree while my school sends my transcript for evaluation?
ECA body in question is IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by melarose: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
Thank you
joo2018:
Not a problem.

You filled the right info on your eAPR for you to have gotten the placeholder. I believe you are covered.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
NeneSisi:
I had promised to share my IELTS story here. I'm just so grateful to God.
Pictured here is my new result with BC, the computer based test which I did Thursday the 13th Dec on the mainland

We shall celebrate soon.

I wrote mine on 22nd Jan at same place, guess that is the only place where computer based IELTS test is done in Lagos. We were told the result will be out by 29th Jan but i logged on my profile today and saw a message that results will be available to view in the Test Taker Portal between Friday, 01 February 2019 and Wednesday, 06 February 2019.

I pray it is released Tuesday ...

It will end in praise....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
Cheta55:
Please guys I need your suggestion, I want to evaluate my results but I don't want to use WES because of some waec problems and I have only HND and OND so am asking apart from WES which other Agency can give me a favorable points, remember I only have OND and HND? Please suggest. Thank you
I'd you to use IQAS. No WAEC wahala and you pay the same 200 CAD no matter the number of credentials you want to evaluate. But brace yourself for the 5 months wait.
ICES is another option. No WAEC wahala either but you pay for each credential. So for ND and HND, you'll pay over 400 CAD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2019
ThaSlimKidd:
Good day house. Been trying to catch up on this long and informative thread as quickly as thoroughly as I can.
I have a question I'd like to ask if I may,
I want to submit my documents for ECA but I only have my statement of result for now, I'd get my degree sometime within the year. Can a photocopy of my statement of result suffice in place of a copy of my actual degree while my school sends my transcript for evaluation?
ECA body in question is IQAS.
Statement of Results is accepted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gopulence: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2019
Gtessy:
Please am interested in the materials graciouslymine@gmail.com
quote author=boco2126 post=73293040]On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.

Please, I'm interested in the material
bido2bido@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ThaSlimKidd: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Statement of Results is accepted
Oh thank you very much for this. I guess I can go ahead with my ECA with IQAS. That was what was holding me up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
flyboi1:

POF
I started this process not knowing where the POF was going to come from but I had faith in God. Few weeks after AOR, God came through for us. We got 100% POF gift from two sources (85/80). This was really bugging me because all through the thread most gift was from just one source. After digesting the gift deed section, I decided to go through with it and be clean with IRCC as expected. Two deed of gift was drafted and signed by all parties. One of the gift deed was to me and the other deed was to my wife. We deposited both in our joint account. My wife also wrote a letter authorising me to use the deed to her as part of our settlement funds. We didn’t notarise the deed as the gift were from family members. We wanted to make it look as natural and logical as possible.

it has ended in Praise!

It ended in praise indeed. I hope you can find time to help me with a few clarifications.

Could you please explain the gifting thing for the POF, I'm really lost here, or please direct me to where I can read about it, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
Everything you need about POF and other information is on page 1. Piecemeal questions and answers will confuse you more than helping.

kentoski:

It ended in praise indeed. I hope you can find time to help me with a few clarifications.

Could you please explain the gifting thing for the POF, I'm really lost here, or please direct me to where I can read about it, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
mikel88:
Good morning people happy Sunday.... now I have created our profile my wife being the primary applicant so after creating since last week I couldn’t view the status of our submitted application. The “check your full application status” is not appearing already raised technical issue report to CIC but no solution at hand. Please has anyone experienced such please I need advice on what to do...
please I need advice on what to do or has anyone experienced this Help a brother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ogoojerry: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
smiley smiley
LOTRISH45:
Everything you need about POF and other information is on page 1. Piecemeal questions and answers will confuse you more than helping.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ogoojerry: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good afternoon house, please does anyone want to send WAEC scratch card to WES? I need to pair up with someone for courier charges discount thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hmm.

I don't remember that PPR story o. However, I do remember court cases from justice.ca where some guys PR statuses were revoked due to not mentioning some family members in their applications.

It might take a while to re-check.

Kmgb1:

Someone on this thread told us how he wasnt mentioned in his siblings application but went ahead to present proof of relationship and got PPR,dont remember the moniker though and im surprised u missed that post as well.
Besides,think about it if my sibling excludes my name for any reason,perhaps enstrangement,you coming out to prove your relationship can never be seen as misrepresentation in my opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by qonfupanda: 4:47pm On Jan 27, 2019
Help help help!!!
Please does wes evaluate ond and hnd as 2 degree certificates or just as one degree certificates.... Please gurus in the house should help with the ans.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2019
qonfupanda:
Help help help!!!
Please does wes evaluate ond and hnd as 2 degree certificates or just as one degree certificates.... Please gurus in the house should help with the ans.
Thanks

OHN and HND are evaluated as 2 degrees

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by samspella(m): 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2019
Good day guys,

Please in the course of filling ICES form I saw on the last page "Consent to Release Personal Information".

Do I need to fill any information here or leave it blank?

NB: The result will be mailed to my Nigeria address as I do not have any relative in Canada.

Counting on your Swift response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sashafm(f): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ogoojerry:
Good afternoon house, please does anyone want to send WAEC scratch card to WES? I need to pair up with someone for courier charges discount thanks.
If you have not sent your waec confirmation , just put it inside the envelope . Thats what i did. i bought the scratch card and placed it inside the envelope for the waec transcript. That way I saved money on sending it via courier.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
phunmielomo:
Bachelor's degree
sorry, my only contact is in postgraduate school.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ogoojerry: 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sashafm:

If you have not sent your waec confirmation , just put it inside the envelope . Thats what i did. i bought the scratch card and placed it inside the envelope for the waec transcript. That way I saved money on sending it via courier.
Thanks alot for your response. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Very very possible, agents are fully capable of all sorts of rubbish.
Last weekend, I spoke to a family friend, she said she has an agent she wants to work with. Mr agent told her that the Canadian government will give you job, give you house and even pay for your airfare to Canada.
He billed her 2.8M. 1m upfront and 1.8m when she lands in Canada. I just put my hand on my head cry cry
what!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you helped her, by telling her to stop ? angry angry
Please do, even if she has paid the upfront
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by voguemum: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2019
happyme31:
I evaluated my msc using ICES.
I started the process October 24. My transcript was ready the next day (ABU, Zaria things�) and dispatched October 26. It was eventually delivered November 13 due to the canadian post strike.

January 23rd, my profile changed to completed and I got a message from UPS that it would be delivered the next day to the canadian address I provided.

So its 10 weeks from start to completion, no verifications needed.

Hi @happyme31, please can i pm you concerning ABU Zaria and ICES?. TIA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by veeveezu: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
Please provide a response to my questions below.

veeveezu:
Hello seniors in the house, I have read posts where ICES has been recommended for ECA but the timeline of 10 -12 weeks is long. I would be evaluating my MBA but the results is not ready, should be ready latest by March. My questions: 1) should I start evaluating my waec result with WES to quicken the process when the MBA is ready by March?
2) what is the timeline for WES, I saw 20 working days on the website?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Kmgb1:

Wakan.owdotcom didn't need the sibling points and stated that. It might not be misrepresentation but the OP wants to claim the points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amandacanny: 7:42pm On Jan 27, 2019
Hello guys, I finished my ECA with WES since February 2018. I have gotten the electronic outcome of my verification but yet to get the hard copy. I actually chose standard shipping. What do I do? Meanwhile, can I fill my express entry forms with the soft copy sent? Plz help a sister
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iimohd: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
Please, am interested in the material iimohd666@gmail.com.

Thank you

Please, I'm interested in the material
bido2bido@gmail.com

Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by clock89: 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2019
Kmgb1:

Ah, it actually can be seen as misrepresentation. Case in point, I have a friend applying for a study visa, she omitted her brother for that same reason, enstrangement, IRCC found out and sent her a PFL with a warning of a 5 year ban for not been truthful, withholding information that could affect a Visa Officer’s decision, blah blah. She was asked to explain why she didn’t declare the relationship..

I think if you need to omit a sibling for any reason then you should include an LOE to explain

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.