Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822571 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
55emem55:
Yesterday made it 12 weeks since ICES got my transcript. Now they've requested that my school provides more info - school that I know would take ages to respond. I don't know whether to just go and sleep or double my fasting and prayer mood. sad cry
which school and did you submit a certificate or statement of result?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
FirstTImeUser:

Thank you for your elaborate advice.God bless you.
uwc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sultanlek: 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
ahmedgafar7:
Any pharmacist applying for express entry in the group ?? Or a friend
Hi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sollie123(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
Nono16:

My fam,

COPR received today. All glory to God, who causes us to prosper.

Ok heres a break down as promised.

Started the journey by enrolling for the IELTS exam.

IELTS:

I studied Liz blog for reading and mainly writing. I believe the free version is very useful for writing, she has very good techniques and samples.
For the speaking, I watched sample interview tests on YouTube. Those videos are enough to get you a good score. I practiced with the free Cambridge materials, and I always timed myself. When I did the first practice, I scored a 27/40 in listening and a 30/40 in reading. I was shook!!!!. I couldn’t believe my eyes lol, but I kept practicing. Over the next 2 months, I started scoring 39/40 and 40/40. At this point, I knew I was ready to take the test, and I registered. Lo and behold, my result wasn’t too different from my practice results.

L= 9, R = 8.5, S = 8.5, W = 7. My 1st attempt.

I believe the secret to acing the test is: i) Practice practice practice, ii) familiarize yourself with the test question formats, iii) have a calm state of mind on the morning of the exam, iv) For writing, use pencil and start from task 2; it carries more marks - 66% of the total score, while task 1 takes 33% or so…..i cannot over emphasize checking out LIZ blog.

ECA:

I used WES and it was pretty straight forward, as I evaluated my foreign degree. It took about 2 or 3weeks.

ITA:

As soon as the ECA was done, I jumped into the pool with 452 or so. I have to state here that if you have 2yrs and 10 months work experience, pls put 2yrs only when creating an IRCC profile.

NEVER ROUND UP pls. Even if it is 3yrs and 11months, pls claim 3yrs guys.
I claimed 2yrs work experience: 1year of NYSC and 1year post NYSC. Be very careful when creating an account pls.

POF:

Before I got ITA, I had already gotten 50% of my POF sitting in the account for over 6months. The remaining money came in as a gift deed from my family. It actually came 2days before I submitted my application. I had to wait to print the Statement of account.
Bank documents- I used a dollar account. I asked for a letter in the CIC format, but the man in the customer rep booth refused. He gave me a generic one. I had to request for a letter of non-indebtedness to buffer.

So from the bank, I had my 6months SOA, letter of non-indebtedness, and the generic bank reference letter.

PCC:

I paid the regular 10k in Abuja and some $15 or so for US PCC. I paid the forensic dept. in Louis edet house to help me with holding my hand to thumbprint for the FBI one, and I DHLed the sheets to the US. (The report returned in 24hrs).

REF LETTERS:

The Company I served with during nysc, refused to give me a reference letter, so I asked my previous supervisor to write one for me. He wrote it on a plain sheet and got it notarized. He attached a scanned copy of his ID card showing his position, just as a backup. Also, they paid us cash, so I had no paystubs and no bank proof. My supervisor took the initiative to write out this fact and he included the amount paid monthly in his letter.

For my post NYSC job, I had paystubs, letter-headed ref letter from HR, bank print out etc.

AOR:

On the day of submission, I forgot to attach my current reference letter from the company I was working with (although I wasn’t claiming points for it), and I submitted. I was so worried.

I added LOE to the beginning of certain placeholders, e.g. in the POF part, I explained that the bank offered only the generic letter: I wrote just 1 sentence on a plain sheet, and under it, I gave a tabular breakdown of the money conversion rate using oanda from USD to CAD. Then I put a table of content thing: 1st page – letter of non-indebtedness, 2nd page – bank ref letter…….etc.

I also put a general LOE in the general section placeholder, it had a summary of all my LOEs on one sheet of plain paper, I wrote brief sentences here too…e.g.:

EMPLOYMENT RECORDS:
in 2016, I was paid cash for a period of 1yr in XYZ Company, hence my non-inclusion of paystubs - more details in the employment record placeholder.

I did this just in case different VOs were working on different parts of my file at the same time, at least they would see the LOE in the employment part or see the LOE in the general part. For clarity sake.

-I previously had a visitor’s visa to Canada, so I was not asked for biometrics.

**When post AOR: try to enroll for a planning for Canada session. They give individualized action plans for people based on your NOC code. It helps you to know what you are up against, technologies to learn, and attributes to quickly imbibe before you get there.

OTHERS:

The first 2weeks post AOR were challenging. I used to check my profile 3times a day, but after the first 2 weeks, I totally got occupied and hardly checked except on Saturdays.
Also, pls keep your LinkedIn and social media up to date with your current job status. They actually do cross check guys, most esp LVO and AVO.
I had no visa denials and no ADR, I paid all PPR fees upfront, didn’t order GCMS notes- so I don’t know which VO attended to my application, but I think it should be Ottawa.

SUMMARY:
As a last note, Pls don’t put a full stop where God has placed a comma. Don’t fret and don’t give up. Do what you have to do, be very clear and concise in your application. Avoid discrepancies, and long turanchi.

My love goes to NewMum0625, Tojued, smslive, mcstan18, joo2000, ifeoma77 and a host of others. Newmum actually replied me repeatedly, answering my questions via mail in a very detailed manner, ….Tojued too, but she refused to give me her num lol. Then there was this guy in PH that kept replying me, he even gave me his contact to call him. May God reward you all.

I will be open to help anyone with questions that I can answer, but remember no 2 applications are exactly alike. Use your discretion to act, and always read up page 1.
Good evening and congatulations!
please kindly advise me on this: I visited WES website and started the application process. i discovered this "Final Secondary Examination Results (e.g. West African Senior School Certificate) must be submitted directly to WES by the appropriate examining body for evaluation along with all higher education documents. No evaluation will be completed without the final secondary examination results."
I have MSc and wouldnt want to evaluate my WAEC because of the mistake on my date of birth.
Should I just forget about WES and use ICES, or should I still continue with WES but not upload my WAEC? Kindly advise please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
iaatmguy:
yes
Okay.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wowwwww............................congratulations smiley smiley smiley smiley

Harjeehbaday:

Oh what a feeling eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................

Plenty Joy in my system ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ITA mail has landed...GBAM!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sparks026(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hello House,

Aside QLife and IOM, which other hospitals are allowed to be used for CANADA medicals?

Your responses are appreciated.

BR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
Gtessy:
Wowwwww............................congratulations smiley smiley smiley smiley

Thanks

It will end in Praise!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
majjj:
Congratulations to you!May your way be blessed. PLease, asides this documents stated here, what other documents did you submit as self employed? taxes? Thanks!
CAC documents, and the FIRS VAlue Added Tax Identification Number document, 4 Handwritten references, 2 typed references for two organizations, available receipts and invoices. Thats all
Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by majjj: 5:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
jhoci:
When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them.
know she wants the best for us but would prefer us being in proximity to them. So, I called my mum yesterday and told her;
Mum: (shouting for joy) ehen remember you promised to take me out when you get approval. I want to go to Jevinik. grin
Me: Jisos! shocked mummy I thought you’d be sad. (disappointed but relieved)
Mum: I’m sad you’ll be leaving but I know better now. This country holds no hope for you, look at how long you’ve been out of job. Go and find something new, just do my visa for me.

I am currently filling visa applications for them

Congratulations, totally loved your write up! especially the bolded grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TimmytimeHO: 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dear family of Canadians, sorry to derail the thread. Please can I request an adjustment in dates for my IELTS speaking test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ChandlerBing: 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
The answer to this question is NO. Unless of course you have been previously married and divorced before this marriage that is currently about to end.

olub123456789:
Hi Guys, I am new here and not sure how to post on Naira Land... but here goes.

first I want to thank you for the wealth of knowledge shared here so far. I have received an ITA for express entry and I have a few more days to go before my time to apply is up (been gathering my requirements). However, I am unsure about how to fill my marital status in the form. In the initial EE profile, I put Legally Separated because, officially, I am going through a divorce process that has not been finalized. I have the legal documents following the proceedings of the divorce so far and plan to share it with my application.

However, at the PR profile level, there is a compulsory field that says I should state when the marriage ended and I am not sure what to out there is the Divorce is still pending. should I just wait the divorce is over. I have seen online that people have applied even while going through a divorce so i know there is a solution for this. I just don't know what to do here. Please see the photo attached.

Can I put the date of the last time I saw him as the End date?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Darlken: 6:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
I did and i am eligible. CRS is 444. Thanks guys

LordSneed:
What are you waiting for? Jump in the pool and I’m certain you’d get an ITA within the next two rounds.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
I think the affidavit is also good.
dasizzling:
Ok Thanks, thought so also, and also probably add a notarised affidavit of separation. Just wanted to get other view and be sure I gave the right advice.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Harjeehbaday:

I am at 439, chilling for the mail to drop...... grin grin grin

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
TimmytimeHO:
Dear family of Canadians, sorry to derail the thread. Please can I request an adjustment in dates for my IELTS speaking test?
Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
"....You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.". https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

A letter from you added to the application indicating that she has access to the funds in the account will suffice.
JERRYMAG4:
Good Day House,

I am currently collating and uploading my documents. My spouse is the primary applicant. Part of the POF, i am planning to send some funds from my personal savings as a gift to support the application. I am obviously a dependant, do i need to do a deed of gift to support this fund or we should just clearly state it in the LOE? Your advise will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Frances86: 6:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
Am so happy 4 u. Congrats. Pls how can one enrol 4 Canada session? Pls kindly respond...
Nono16:

My fam,

COPR received today. All glory to God, who causes us to prosper.

Ok heres a break down as promised.

Started the journey by enrolling for the IELTS exam.

IELTS:

I studied Liz blog for reading and mainly writing. I believe the free version is very useful for writing, she has very good techniques and samples.
For the speaking, I watched sample interview tests on YouTube. Those videos are enough to get you a good score. I practiced with the free Cambridge materials, and I always timed myself. When I did the first practice, I scored a 27/40 in listening and a 30/40 in reading. I was shook!!!!. I couldn’t believe my eyes lol, but I kept practicing. Over the next 2 months, I started scoring 39/40 and 40/40. At this point, I knew I was ready to take the test, and I registered. Lo and behold, my result wasn’t too different from my practice results.

L= 9, R = 8.5, S = 8.5, W = 7. My 1st attempt.

I believe the secret to acing the test is: i) Practice practice practice, ii) familiarize yourself with the test question formats, iii) have a calm state of mind on the morning of the exam, iv) For writing, use pencil and start from task 2; it carries more marks - 66% of the total score, while task 1 takes 33% or so…..i cannot over emphasize checking out LIZ blog.

ECA:

I used WES and it was pretty straight forward, as I evaluated my foreign degree. It took about 2 or 3weeks.

ITA:

As soon as the ECA was done, I jumped into the pool with 452 or so. I have to state here that if you have 2yrs and 10 months work experience, pls put 2yrs only when creating an IRCC profile.

NEVER ROUND UP pls. Even if it is 3yrs and 11months, pls claim 3yrs guys.
I claimed 2yrs work experience: 1year of NYSC and 1year post NYSC. Be very careful when creating an account pls.

POF:

Before I got ITA, I had already gotten 50% of my POF sitting in the account for over 6months. The remaining money came in as a gift deed from my family. It actually came 2days before I submitted my application. I had to wait to print the Statement of account.
Bank documents- I used a dollar account. I asked for a letter in the CIC format, but the man in the customer rep booth refused. He gave me a generic one. I had to request for a letter of non-indebtedness to buffer.

So from the bank, I had my 6months SOA, letter of non-indebtedness, and the generic bank reference letter.

PCC:

I paid the regular 10k in Abuja and some $15 or so for US PCC. I paid the forensic dept. in Louis edet house to help me with holding my hand to thumbprint for the FBI one, and I DHLed the sheets to the US. (The report returned in 24hrs).

REF LETTERS:

The Company I served with during nysc, refused to give me a reference letter, so I asked my previous supervisor to write one for me. He wrote it on a plain sheet and got it notarized. He attached a scanned copy of his ID card showing his position, just as a backup. Also, they paid us cash, so I had no paystubs and no bank proof. My supervisor took the initiative to write out this fact and he included the amount paid monthly in his letter.

For my post NYSC job, I had paystubs, letter-headed ref letter from HR, bank print out etc.

AOR:

On the day of submission, I forgot to attach my current reference letter from the company I was working with (although I wasn’t claiming points for it), and I submitted. I was so worried.

I added LOE to the beginning of certain placeholders, e.g. in the POF part, I explained that the bank offered only the generic letter: I wrote just 1 sentence on a plain sheet, and under it, I gave a tabular breakdown of the money conversion rate using oanda from USD to CAD. Then I put a table of content thing: 1st page – letter of non-indebtedness, 2nd page – bank ref letter…….etc.

I also put a general LOE in the general section placeholder, it had a summary of all my LOEs on one sheet of plain paper, I wrote brief sentences here too…e.g.:

EMPLOYMENT RECORDS:
in 2016, I was paid cash for a period of 1yr in XYZ Company, hence my non-inclusion of paystubs - more details in the employment record placeholder.

I did this just in case different VOs were working on different parts of my file at the same time, at least they would see the LOE in the employment part or see the LOE in the general part. For clarity sake.

-I previously had a visitor’s visa to Canada, so I was not asked for biometrics.

**When post AOR: try to enroll for a planning for Canada session. They give individualized action plans for people based on your NOC code. It helps you to know what you are up against, technologies to learn, and attributes to quickly imbibe before you get there.

OTHERS:

The first 2weeks post AOR were challenging. I used to check my profile 3times a day, but after the first 2 weeks, I totally got occupied and hardly checked except on Saturdays.
Also, pls keep your LinkedIn and social media up to date with your current job status. They actually do cross check guys, most esp LVO and AVO.
I had no visa denials and no ADR, I paid all PPR fees upfront, didn’t order GCMS notes- so I don’t know which VO attended to my application, but I think it should be Ottawa.

SUMMARY:
As a last note, Pls don’t put a full stop where God has placed a comma. Don’t fret and don’t give up. Do what you have to do, be very clear and concise in your application. Avoid discrepancies, and long turanchi.

My love goes to NewMum0625, Tojued, smslive, mcstan18, joo2000, ifeoma77 and a host of others. Newmum actually replied me repeatedly, answering my questions via mail in a very detailed manner, ….Tojued too, but she refused to give me her num lol. Then there was this guy in PH that kept replying me, he even gave me his contact to call him. May God reward you all.

I will be open to help anyone with questions that I can answer, but remember no 2 applications are exactly alike. Use your discretion to act, and always read up page 1.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
Congrats to all ITA recipients today. God's grace to you as you gather the necessary documents and submit your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
Really? I never knew. But why do they always put that "sorry, but this date cannot be changed in the mail".
Ifeoma77:

Yes you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
successhungry:
Q life is just sooo annoying. There s no point choosing them again

which is females should not come during their monthly period? Do medicals include checking the privates too?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
ceyrahtlk:

which is females should not come during their monthly period? Do medicals include checking the privates too?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijoseda(m): 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
Menstrual flow can affect urinalysis.

ceyrahtlk:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ready4glory: 6:27pm On Jan 30, 2019
ceyrahtlk:

Menstrual flows affect the result of the urine tests��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 6:33pm On Jan 30, 2019
ijoseda:
Menstrual flow can affect urinalysis.

Thanks for the clarification smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
ready4glory:

Menstrual flows affect the result of the urine tests��

Thanks jare.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2019
joo2018:
"....You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.". https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

A letter from you added to the application indicating that she has access to the funds in the account will suffice.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dear EOR applicants,

I applied for my EOR last December. Took 7 weeks to get a reply today. They just asked me to go to the Abuja office to pick my result. Does this mean the result did not change cos there was no refund form.

Those that applied and got upgrades please what was your EOR result notification email like?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
iaatmguy:
just state it in your LOE, that she has access to the funds. that should be sufficient

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 6:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
ICES, I'm warning you ooo... grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ArabianRose(f): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
Finally!! The silver mail o my people, this journey started since 2017, am so elated. Please any group for Jan 30 ITAans? CRS 438.

55 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ok my people. Jasmine is back with ITA.

Yipeeee

38 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.