Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819817 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tendopein: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
So I should put 2016?
joo2018:
Valid point generally, but not really applicable to NOC 6332.

The employment requirements states:

"Completion of secondary school is usually required.
Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program for bakers or Completion of a college or other program for bakers or Several years of commercial baking experience is usually required.
On-the-job training may be provided.
Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified bakers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.

cc: @Tendopein
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
I'd support your hubby's opinion, its absolutely so unnecessary at the moment. save that cash you'll need it eventually when you get to Canada.

Yhemmy2:
Hello All,
Pls I need urgent input on below matter;
If you are processing �� Express Entry. Is there still need to go birth in the US?
Reason for my question is;
I am currently preggy. My hubby & I are processing Canada PR. Currently awaiting our PPR but I’m not sure we will get CoPR before my fit to fly expires. Was thinking of going to the US to birth my baby but hubby thinks there is no economic importance to it and it’s a waste of money & financial resources. His reason is because we (including our baby) will eventually relocate to Canada even if he’s born here(Nigeria).
What do u guys think?
Will I be wasting money birthing our baby in d US even when our Canada App is almost pulling through. Does children not born in CAD/USA have the same benefit as the ones born there?

Pls ignore my errors. I really do hope someone understands my drift n can provide necessary feedback ASAP.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
fizzile:
Na we cause am? Na wa for u..something wey one jonsing indian dude cause, u come tell us well done. U no try abeg. Report to the office.. grin grin grin
Na most of us join now. All in this together
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Yhemmy2: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
[quote author=Eraytee post=73183269]I'd support your hubby's opinion, its absolutely so unnecessary at the moment. save that cash you'll need it eventually when you get to Canada.

Thank you @Eraytee
My US Visa interview is month end so u think we shdnt go since no point traveling to US.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Richness1104:
just believe!!!!!! You will come rejoicing
Amennnnnnn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ramj:

Congrats

Je m'appelle FAVOURnSPEED

Je m'appelle THANKYOU

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
canadiandamsel:
Congrats. May the new land favour you. Same timeline with you on Aor, Med & Biometrics. Hoping for mine soon
Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
go for your interview, since you have gotten to that stage... I dont think there is harm if you eventually get the visa and not use it. have no idea how it plays... but the real deal have been said in the post above. all the best.

[quote author=Yhemmy2 post=73183440][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
Eraytee:
go for your interview, since you have gotten to that stage... I dont think there is harm if you eventually get the visa and not use it. have no idea how it plays... but the real deal have been said in the post above. all the best.

I support not going to the US too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ekanDamie: 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Pls I am a newbie and need your advice here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
1. Is this the correct CRS too for calculating point
2.in the pucs below which category does an HND graduate fall?
3. With a score of 440 with no spouse is EE still possible or one should just go through PNP
4. There is a part in the CRS calculator that asks for No of canadian
work experience Can I put my Nigerian Experience since I don't have canny?
Pls I would appreciate any down to earth response from anyone I know the question is beneath your league. Biko

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by harry41: 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
I’m very interested. Please share. Submitted my application and got AOR on the same day 19th November

Enitan007:
Welcome brotherly. I joined two Nov AOR groups. I can share if don't mind. But Indians plenty sha o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Exactly my worry for her kids. They would be really upset with their mum

joo2018:
Issokay.

We too they watch Nollywood + Super Story + Bollywood + Telemundo too much.

You say you are bisexual, yet since you have been in Canada in 6yrs, you cannot provide evidence of a bisexual relationship. Boko Haram is chasing you in Lagos. You belong to a denomination, then you don't. You traveled to UK and have a US visa, yet it is only in Canada you are claiming asylum because dem be mugu there.

It is these people that are giving others false hope. She has been there 6yrs, will have settled down with the kids and will be thinking "delay means acceptance". She will definitely be kicked out even if it takes another 10yrs which I doubt. The government has raised the removal of refused cases to the same status as removal of criminals.

Worst thing, those kids names and biometrics are now on the database. If they have to apply for any Western visa when they are grown up, they have to answer "yes" to the questions: "have you applied for refugee status in any country before? ", "have you been removed from a country before?" or risk misrepresenting.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
I'm back!! Guys what did I miss?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AyeMayBe(f): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
PPR IS HERE OOO

I honestly considered letting sleeping PPR announcements lie sad... it's been too long.

Timeline

AOR - March 26th
IP1 - April 5th
Ordered GCMS notes and received (Eligibility recommended pass/VO Ottawa undecided)- July
IP2 - August 22nd

Sent emails and contacted the Minister before I decided to let Ottawa keep disappointing

Ghost update - November 19th
PPR- November 20th

What a wait! But I knew God's time would be the "equilibrium" time.

I have always been that person who believes that having options and taking advantage of every opportunity won’t hurt anyone.
Rewind to early last year when I decided to apply for a study visa to a Canadian university I had worked really hard to get into. My visa application was refused. I was sad but didn’t let it get me down. After seeing the rejection letter and getting over the sharp disappointment I felt, I immediately thought of the next step, which was to reapply.

This time, I called the school and they decided to assign an immigration lawyer to my case. They guided me on what to do and I followed all instructions to the letter.

Again, my application was refused. I couldn't even shed a tear; plus they didn't deserve my tears sef angry . I just said “God must have something better planned for me,“ and of course, He did.

I hung out with a couple of friends few days later and after telling them my situation, they told me to try the Express Entry application (Surround yourselves with people wey sabi).

Mind you, I had heard about it sometime in 2016 but I wasn’t interested because writing IELTS was just very annoying. So when my friends mentioned it again, I took it as a sign and decided to go research it for myself. That night I didn’t sleep; I stayed up going through almost every piece of information on the IRCC website.

I was convinced about the Express Entry application that night.

First step was to write the IELTS test which I did. However, I wasn’t able to get the exact score I needed in one of the sections. I took the test again and I got a better result… THEIR DADDIES!! undecided

IELTS 1 - 7.5, 8, 7.5, 7 (LRSW)
IELTS 2 - 8.5, 8, 8, 7 (LRSW)

CRS SCORE - 453

I didn't find this thread up until after I had submitted but I binged from Thread 1. I don't want to elaborate on how much I "stalked" each thread. The wealth of information on here just blows my mind.

I got the email on my way to work. I was in a traffic jam; Lord knows I almost replied the PPR email to say "Thank You Sir cry kiss.... Maybe I should have cause it would have been good page 1 material (Replying PPR emails) if they had replied "You're welcome." LOL

Thank you all for your endless contributions. God bless you.

125 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obi1conte: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Topsmamen:
Hi folks. For those of us in the pre-ITA stage, please let us be careful when editing our EE profiles after we have already submitted.

I just made a huge mistake on my EE account!

So i had the intention of using my previous employer where i worked for 4 years, for reference letter. I guessed it wouldn't be easy but still decided to use them anyway. Just today, i realized that it might not be possible because the Executive Director is being a hard ass.....long story actually. Today, i prematurely entered an unnecessary vex mode and decided "you know what, screw that guy, i will use my current employer". Just a few minutes ago, i logged in to my profile and modified the work history section to include my current place of work where i have worked for 1 year and 6 months.......blunder! Dumbass! You can't have a 1 year/6-month experience and expect to be eligible for EE. I totally forgot! By the time i realized this, it was too late, i had already clicked the "Transmit" button. All i had to do was put my hands on my head and wait for the "Profile Ineligible" message to slide in.

Now i am pained because i had to create a new account. My previous account was created in March 2018 so i could have taken advantage of the tie-breaking rule when the draw hopefully comes down to 442 (which is my new CRS score when i claim sibling points). Now all i have to do is pray the draw comes down to 441 in December or wait it out till next year. Damn!

So please, let us exercise serious patience and caution when editing our profiles. Wrongly modifying your NOC or POF could cause your profile to be ineligible.

Moral of my story - Anger no good o, patience is key and of course, look before you leap.

Words fail me...but one thing i have coming to realise is that everything happens for a reason. Don't be too hard on yourself, this will turn out fine for you. BELIEVE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obi1conte: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
raphrulz:
I'm back!! Guys what did I miss?
Ur cover.... cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
AyeMayBe:
PPR IS HERE OOO

I got the email on my way to work. I was in a traffic jam; Lord knows I almost replied the PPR email to say "Thank You Sir cry kiss.... Maybe I should have cause it would have been good page 1 material (Replying PPR emails) if they had replied "You're welcome." LOL

Thank you all for your endless contributions. God bless you.

Congratulations. I think I'll try the 'Thank you' when I get PPR

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
Wow congrats ooooo

This is good news!!

But ehn... not only did you copy in your PPR script... you now copied Ramj.

Oya take your score: 4.3/10.... u can come for make up exam sha. The fee is your POF packaged in a sealed envelope sent directly by the bank with your reference number. grin grin

DBJay:
A not so silent reader here (Had to get a new moniker to avoid the village people in my office) grin grin

MY PPR STORY

Started the journey in may 2018 when a friend told me to give it a shot.

Registered immediately for IELTS & WES Evaluation, then went straight to page 1 of part 4 to digest all the info relevant to this journey.

June 2 IELTS

Je m'appelle PPR!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
Enitan007:
Welcome brotherly. I joined two Nov AOR groups. I can share if don't mind. But Indians plenty sha o.
pls add me up, u will do you a pm. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
ekanDamie:
Pls I am a newbie and need your advice here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
1. Is this the correct CRS too for calculating point? Yes
2.in the pucs below which category does an HND graduate fall? No idea. But you'll evaluate both ND & HND.
3. With a score of 440 with no spouse is EE still possible or one should just go through PNP. EE is possible. Pray the draw cutoff point holds steady.
4. There is a part in the CRS calculator that asks for No of canadian work experience Can I put my Nigerian Experience since I don't have canny? Since when has Naija experience = Canny experience?. Fill your Nigerian experience in the appropriate section provided for that at 6ii.
Pls I would appreciate any down to earth response from anyone I know the question is beneath your league. Biko

Down to earth response in bold grin.
Best wishes.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fizzile(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
Godisincontrol:

Meanwhile where is Fresty?
Fresty mi luv is around the corner? Wetin u wan use am do? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ahhhhhhh!!

Our praise crooner has finally gotten PPR... who am I not to rate you sir.

A big congratulations to you... Infact i'm wishing you a merry landing in Cannyland. May the land favour you and yours.

Before i run enter street in excitement.... make I rate your PPR exam.

So far.... na you carry first. Ahn ahn... How I wan take mark this PPR script naa...

Na exam we tell you say make you write... you go publish book for printing press.

Wel.. Well.. I'll rate you 9.2/10...... very good result... but you sef know say... u no fit get 100% for my exam.

Na because of the nkwobi wey we go use celebrate ooo na why you reach 9 sef tongue tongue tongue

Congrats once again bruv. Go and prosper.

TEECANN:
I WOKE UP TO THE GOLDEN MAIL TODAY (20th NOVEMBER, 2018)!!! GOD BE PRAISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSED!!!!

NOTE: THIS IS MORE THAN A LONG POST- IT IS AN E-HANDOUT FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE grin

All that end well is that that ends in praises!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
This our thread is moving like the speed of light ooo mbok!

I need a Bugatti to catch up ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
AyeMayBe:
PPR IS HERE OOO

I honestly considered letting sleeping PPR announcements lie sad... it's been too long.

Timeline

AOR - March 26th
IP1 - April 5th
Ordered GCMS notes and received (Eligibility recommended pass/VO Ottawa undecided)- July
IP2 - August 22nd

Ghost update - November 19th
PPR- November 20th

Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gracemama: 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hello House,

I need help on how to get another IELTS cert.
My spouse wrote IELTS over a year and d cert was sent to us( we never knew we will use it cos we felt the score was not good enough) now that I want to upload his scores we can’t find the cert and he can’t remember exactly his scores in LWRS.
He wrote with BC then
Pls Help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Namae: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
Dear all.

I need your candid and speedy advice. I had WES evaluation in Feb 2018, just this month, the need to evaluate another certificate arose.
I am still using WES, please do I have need for WAEC transcript
Thanks for your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
fizzile:
Na we cause am? Na wa for u..something wey one jonsing indian dude cause, u come tell us well done. U no try abeg. Report to the office.. grin grin grin
Come the way you're defending this thing, I smell a rat

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Fresty:

See me here !!! Wetin!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Izznor fight na
How've you been Sis? How's the wait?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Pegzzyg(f): 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Waoh! SPEEDY Process it was o.... Congrats. I tap into this
drcynthia:
Got the golden mail today o...
My timeline:

IELTS JuLY 28.
ITA 22nd August.
AOR 26th September.
MEP 25th October.
BIOMETRICS 29th October.
IP2: 29th Oct
ADR (New Passports request) 15th Nov.
Submitted ADR 15th Nov.
PPR: 20th Nov date on it.
Family of 5

For everyone who is still waiting at diff stages....of this Canada movement ....I wish u all God's Grace and favor .
I thank God again for His Grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Namae:
Dear all.

I need your candid and speedy advice. I had WES evaluation in Feb 2018, just this month, the need to evaluate another certificate arose.
I am still using WES, please do I have need for WAEC transcript
Thanks for your advice.

You should contact BC and find out what your options are. They should be able to issue another maybe at a fee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2018
Yhemmy2:
Hello All,
Pls I need urgent input on below matter;
If you are processing �� Express Entry. Is there still need to go birth in the US?
Reason for my question is;
I am currently preggy. My hubby & I are processing Canada PR. Currently awaiting our PPR but I’m not sure we will get CoPR before my fit to fly expires. Was thinking of going to the US to birth my baby but hubby thinks there is no economic importance to it and it’s a waste of money & financial resources. His reason is because we (including our baby) will eventually relocate to Canada even if he’s born here(Nigeria).
What do u guys think?
Will I be wasting money birthing our baby in d US even when our Canada App is almost pulling through. Does children not born in CAD/USA have the same benefit as the ones born there?

Pls ignore my errors. I really do hope someone understands my drift n can provide necessary feedback ASAP.
I agree with your hubby. Your child will ultimately become a Canadian citizen. There's no benefit for children born there that yours won't get. Save your money for all the daycare expenses coming up when you move to Canada.
Who knows, your PPR might even come early enough for you to go and birth in Canada - free of charge.
Please listen to hubby

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Enitan007(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
https:///GqWdV5sNrBNDDjhLFjyf34
jholarharde:

pls add me up, u will do you a pm. thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.