Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (830701 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by buggi102kruse: 8:51am On Nov 23, 2018
Amica26:

Also practice active listening. This is listening to things that you love like American movies and music and then try to pay close attention to how words are pronounced. You can replay a sentence over and over until you get what they are saying and you understand what they mean. Try this with the various accents too. It really helps. Listen actively and not passively.
In fact, I'm blessed having people like you here.
Thanks so much and excellent success to you in your exams.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CuteCeo: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2018
daks02:
ask your agent na

Sigh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by meelola007(f): 8:56am On Nov 23, 2018
Loool.... That's all i have to offer jare

ontarioissauga:

Send 8.0 on Writing rather.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Newmum0615:
I am still in bed abeg. Leave me.

cc: Ifeoma.77

My eye is paining me
cc: Tojued

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 8:58am On Nov 23, 2018
ricaabrams:
Good morning everyone
Please I need your help,
I have a BSc from biochemistry with a 3 years working experience, and I plan on writing IELTS by January. I have tried reading the threads but can’t seem to understand how the CLB thing works, with the qualification I have if I aim for a clb 9 (lRSW 8777) will I stand a chance? I am so sorry if this has been answered before but I’ll really like to know. Also does anyone know of a legit WhatsApp group I can join

It will surely do you a lot of good to visit Page 1 of this thread. That's the Solution HQ of all express entry questions, battles and how-tos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:59am On Nov 23, 2018
khinde:

Thank u Jesus..
5th time lucky
Listening 8.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Reading 7.0
Whew!!!
Luck had nothing to do with it, this was your sweat and blood.
Congratulations on overcoming one of the biggest obstacles in this journey.
May you have ease in the rest of your processes

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2018
dumprep:

Lmaoooo. And when it's summer, this will be me - with my weave under the hot refreshing sun.
grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin
tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2018
efueh:
House, let’s be careful with our applications. Efforts must be made to ensure it tally with IRCC requirements or interpretations if you like.
A Mexican family is at the verge of being sent out of Canada, simply because of work experience vs self employed.
See link for full details:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4683797/okotoks-family-fears-they-will-be-forced-to-leave-canada-following-permanent-residence-rejection/
he made a big blunder, by not declaring he owns the place, besides he should have used self employed, then state in personal history, that he works there, I don't think he was trying to circumvent any immigration law, it was just sheer ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chloesmum22: 9:09am On Nov 23, 2018
oneblackguy:

got same mail too.

maybe this is God trying to change the result to our favour.

they should analyse the result biko because that listening test was not funny.

I hope it's favourable too o! Fingers crossed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 9:10am On Nov 23, 2018
Ifeoma77:

my sister it God ooo
Mine was God cus I don’t see anything special i did this fourth time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by buggi102kruse: 9:10am On Nov 23, 2018
Zinggi:

buggi102kruse:
Plz house pardon me if my question doesn't make sense, bcoz this is where it's pressing me!

I have being practicing ielts listening for 2wks, my point hasn't shown progress, menh headache!
1. Should I use online tutors or can I get a good class to attend in PH?
2 would it be better I continue practicing alone without tutor?
Plz any advice, I will welcome, how you did it or possible way out.

You really have to learn how to be calm for you to do well in listening. I tend to be a lil bit impatient at times so listening was a drag for me during the practice sessions...i was always missing 5 or more answers because i felt the speakers were wasting my time and i couldn't wait for them to go straight to the point....guess what...just when am lost in these sort of thoughts...voila they have said the answer and i didnt hear jack.

What worked?

I took some days off and watched a couple of movies, documentaries and cnn news, just listening to what was being said.

Then i tried to remind myself to be calm and focus....focus and focus (I kept reminding myself and God that I can't afford to write this exam a second time...so help me God).

I came up with different strategies e.g
If there were two speakers Tom and Jane....i wrote their names down...then in shorthand rewrote the conversation (this way i kept myself busy writing what was being said while listening and so i didnt drift).

For the ones with answers A-F.....i realised you are given few mins before the speaker starts with that section....so i simply lifted the questions and wrote them side by side to the answers while waiting for the speakers to start talking so i can choose the right options (with this method, it was super easy for me to pick the correct answers and i didnt have to move my head up and down searching for the answers.

I also made sure that i was in a very quiet place while practicing and i timed myself. I practiced with academic test questions.

Most importantly, I prayed like there was no tomorrow...I asked for mercy, favour and for me to "see and know" the answers on that day.

Few days to the exam day, i stopped practicing...i needed my brain to relax so i could give my best on exam day....

On exam day, i reminded myself to be calm...made sure my earphones were working and chose the loudest volume, tilted my head to the position i felt i could hear best without vibrations, said a word of prayer and was calm. I came out from the exam hall excitedly telling hubby that I could hear everything.

Lest i forget, ensure you read and stick to the instructions e.g not more than three words, one word, a letter and two words etc.

Look for what makes you restless while listening and create strategies to curb them....be calm....be calm...be calm.
Thanks so much ma'am, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by captainxero: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Congratulations
khinde:

Thank u Jesus..
5th time lucky
Listening 8.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 7.5
Reading 7.0
Whew!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ekanDamie: 9:15am On Nov 23, 2018
Hephgirl:
just join the ielts group on WhatsApp
Pls what is the number. I was just talking to myself through out yesterday practicing speaking. My head and saliva hurts mehn.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tysaxmalomo: 9:16am On Nov 23, 2018
Anyone who wrote with BC on Nov 10 ssen their results ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ekanDamie: 9:21am On Nov 23, 2018
Zinggi:
You really have to learn how to be calm for you to do well in listening. I tend to be a lil bit impatient at times so listening was a drag for me during the practice sessions...i was always missing 5 or more answers because i felt the speakers were wasting my time and i couldn't wait for them to go straight to the point....guess what...just when am lost in these sort of thoughts...voila they have said the answer and i didnt hear jack.

What worked?

I took some days off and watched a couple of movies, documentaries and cnn news, just listening to what was being said.

Then i tried to remind myself to be calm and focus....focus and focus (I kept reminding myself and God that I can't afford to write this exam a second time...so help me God).

I came up with different strategies e.g
If there were two speakers Tom and Jane....i wrote their names down...then in shorthand rewrote the conversation (this way i kept myself busy writing what was being said while listening and so i didnt drift).

For the ones with answers A-F.....i realised you are given few mins before the speaker starts with that section....so i simply lifted the questions and wrote them side by side to the answers while waiting for the speakers to start talking so i can choose the right options (with this method, it was super easy for me to pick the correct answers and i didnt have to move my head up and down searching for the answers.

I also made sure that i was in a very quiet place while practicing and i timed myself. I practiced with academic test questions.

Most importantly, I prayed like there was no tomorrow...I asked for mercy, favour and for me to "see and know" the answers on that day.

Few days to the exam day, i stopped practicing...i needed my brain to relax so i could give my best on exam day....

On exam day, i reminded myself to be calm...made sure my earphones were working and chose the loudest volume, tilted my head to the position i felt i could hear best without vibrations, said a word of prayer and was calm. I came out from the exam hall excitedly telling hubby that I could hear everything.

Lest i forget, ensure you read and stick to the instructions e.g not more than three words, one word, a letter and two words etc.

Look for what makes you restless while listening and create strategies to curb them....be calm....be calm...be calm.
Nice tips. How long did u practice for and what was your score during the initial practice session.
And also do one get additional points for finishing way early?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by khinde: 9:23am On Nov 23, 2018
Ifeoma77:

A big AMEN. Thanks a lot..
475 CRs score.. Time to dive into d pool

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ricaabrams: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2018
Zinggi:

Yes you stand a chance but to know how strong, use this : www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Answer the questions correctly as it applies to you. When you get to the ielts score part...input the figures (lRSW 8777) then calculate your total score.
Bear in mind that the last cut off was 449 even though we pray it falls back to 440....so from your calculation, if you have 449 and above....perfect.
If not, you'ld need other legit means to boost your points. Check and ask specific questions.

For whatsapp group.....no idea.
thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by khinde: 9:26am On Nov 23, 2018
captainxero:
Congratulations

Thank u.. Means alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2018
tysaxmalomo:

Except some folks in India. I haven't seen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Modele35: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2018
Someone help oo... a friend trying to book for medicals... any space any advise? QLIFE not picking. Any recent experience anyone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 23, 2018
Hello, it was 10k when I did mine..... you would have to go there to pay and submit the receipt
Favic1:
Is there any one in the house that can give me cost of verification at LASU? I want the school to verify my credentials and how long will it take for verification.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 9:31am On Nov 23, 2018
ekanDamie:

Nice tips. How long did u practice for and what was your score during the initial practice session.
And also do one get additional points for finishing way early?
shocked angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Skirmishes(m): 9:34am On Nov 23, 2018
captainxero:

Just wondering what if it comes back same thing.the money would just waste why not take it all over moreover I heard MOD charges 40k for remark

From my experience with their staff at MOD Abj when I got my unchanged remark. They said MOD is very lenient in their marking of writing and speaking, and EOR success is very slim, that he would have advised me to retake instead of the remark I did. But, if you feel u did exceedingly well and u are very sure, u can go for remark. To be honest, I wasn't sure of mine, I just gambled with my 46k, thinking father luck will shine on me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2018
tysaxmalomo:
I haven't seen mine either, I hope this anxiety does not kill me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tysaxmalomo: 9:42am On Nov 23, 2018
MrTeeo:

Except some folks in India. I haven't seen

Cos i have refreshed for a bit and nothing..... Will probably just wait till the TRF comes.....

Mi o le w'aku.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tysaxmalomo: 9:44am On Nov 23, 2018
Ladychristie:

You'll be fine...... You waited two weeks already.... What's a few extra days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Negotiate: 9:47am On Nov 23, 2018
Ladychristie:

But it is what it is... get busy with something while you wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 23, 2018
iaatmguy:
he made a big blunder, by not declaring he owns the place, besides he should have used self employed, then state in personal history, that he works there, I don't think he was trying to circumvent any immigration law, it was just sheer ignorance.
Did you read the thingy? You can't use self-employment to claim migration points under CEC. He said he was an employee, but they found out he is the director, the owner. Unless to move it to personal history and bring in his Mexican work experience earned within the last 10 years. If he had a qualifying NOC, his agent would have asked for it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2018
Modele35:
Someone help oo... a friend trying to book for medicals... any space any advise? QLIFE not picking. Any recent experience anyone?
Go to IOM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2018
Ladychristie:
the anxiety is too much. I have visited the restroom four times already since 12:00am. Thank God am not at work self

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2018
Ladychristie:
the anxiety is too much. I have visited the restroom four times already since 12:00am. Thank God am not at work self. It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 10:08am On Nov 23, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Did you read the thingy? You can't use self-employment to claim migration points under CEC. He said he was an employee, but they found out he is the director, the owner. Unless to move it to personal history and bring in his Mexican work experience earned within the last 10 years. If he had a qualifying NOC, his agent would have asked for it.
that?s true
thought he was applying through FSW

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.