Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (830617 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kemkem30(f): 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
please can a family do their medicals separately. e.g dad does his in Nigeria, while mother and the kids do theirs in the Uk. Is this acceptable. Has anyone done it before (successfully)?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
ontarioissauga:
No, through whatsapp.
kai!!! see wickedness grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Threemg: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
kemkem30:
Hi everyone,
please can a family do their medicals separately. e.g dad does his in Nigeria, while mother and the kids do theirs in the Uk. Is this acceptable. Has anyone done it before (successfully)?
Thanks

YES, meanwhile it's obvious you've been skipping overlooking previous PPR testimonies. There's a case of a woman like that towards the end of Part 4 that was in your shoe, just read through the testimonies from Part 3 to Part 4 you'll find her there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DBJay: 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2018
TEECANN:

Thanks Bro.

It will end in praise IJN!

Ok bro.

Check your mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ekanDamie: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
Zinggi:

Thanks. Practiced for two and half months. Scored between 32-33 during the initial practice sessions. No extra points o but at least you can use the time to check your answers and be sure you adhered to the instructions.
So I guess I have hope then of Aceing 8 in reading or even a 7
I am currently in that range of 32-33
I started yesterday. With an abysmal 5.lol
Do you have any ideas personally to share on reading especially
That 3rd part. That is where I fail woefully!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Did you read the thingy? You can't use self-employment to claim migration points under CEC. He said he was an employee, but they found out he is the director, the owner. Unless to move it to personal history and bring in his Mexican work experience earned within the last 10 years. If he had a qualifying NOC, his agent would have asked for it.

Generally, you cannot use self employment for CEC but there are exceptions and each case is considered on its own merit. There are 7 qualifying factors which CIC uses to determine if your self employment actually qualifies as an employer-employee relationship. This is because some companies try to circumvent the law in a bid to avoid paying some taxes and CPP and label you a contractor when you are actually an employee. The onus is on the applicant to prove how they meet those qualifying factors. To support their application, applicants can also petition the CRA for a ruling on their status which they will submit to CIC. However, this ruling is only persuasive. The family in this case took the second step but did not take the first step of letting the officer know how they meet the qualifying criteria. In this case, they relied fully on the CRA ruling forgetting that it's only persuasive.

So no...they were not trying to be sharp...they followed the rules and took a gamble. The same case before a different officer might have turned out favourably.
There are people who have applied as self-employed and gotten PR under CEC. Again, each case is considered on its own merit.
Finally, CIC did not 'find out' he is a director in the company. When you are submitting self employment documents, you will be submitting your articles of incorporation which will show how many shares you hold in the company. If he had indeed misrepresented, the article would have mentioned A40 proceedings and not an attempt to renew their work permit.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver4:
My people come o

God has done it

L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 8.5

MOD

I was already planning to book another test because I know I didn't do well at all especially in listening module . But the God of St Joseph of Cupertino and St Theresa of the Child Jesus stepped in.

Father, I am so grateful!!!
yippee, congrats sis, smooth sail in the next phase

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cutieplum(f): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2018
Wow... bless your heart for this. My application just reverted to 1P1 yesterday after being on default 1P2 since AOR 8th OCT. Been waiting to start the passport waka next month but at the same time believing God for an early PPR in December too wink But if yours was expiring in May and you were asked for a new one in November, then for mine which is June, hmmmm... I'd go try my luck with the renewal thing asap. hearty congrats once more, and thanks for the timely response too. Meanwhile, I just got off the phone with an immigration Officer who's saying I can't initiate the process of getting a new passport till January as that is what the Law stipulates. All my efforts to persuade him for me to start by next month proved abortive. Have you got any contact that can turn things around for me or do I just wait it out till January and pray I don't get an ADR for that?
drcynthia:

The old one was going to expire in MAY. I made a new one that same day o. I just went with the ADR letter and pleased with the immigration people.....it was just the Grace of God, cos I didn't expect to get it the same day.

U are right about the 6 months validity before renewing....for u that urs is expiring in June, u can renew from Dec.

PS. A friend said I would have done the passport earlier in Nov and sent it to them before they asked....what do I know....lol....Na God hand I dey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fizzile(m): 1:15pm On Nov 23, 2018
Tojued:

Na. the real 3 musketeers are fresty, wenks and fizzile. Those names are inseparable in my minds I wonder why.
you say?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
CoCoLav:

Generally, you cannot use self employment for CEC but there are exceptions and each case is considered on its own merit. There are 7 qualifying factors which CIC uses to determine if your self employment actually qualifies as an employer-employee relationship. This is because some companies try to circumvent the law in a bid to avoid paying some taxes and CPP and label you a contractor when you are actually an employee. The onus is on the applicant to prove how they meet those qualifying factors. To support their application, applicants can also petition the CRA for a ruling on their status which they will submit to CIC. However, this ruling is only persuasive. The family in this case took the second step but did not take the first step of letting the officer know how they meet the qualifying criteria. In this case, they relied fully on the CRA ruling forgetting that it's only persuasive.

So no...they were not trying to be sharp...they followed the rules and took a gamble. The same case before a different officer might have turned out favourably.
There are people who have applied as self-employed and gotten PR under CEC. Again, each case is considered on its own merit.
Finally, CIC did not 'find out' he is a director in the company. When you are submitting self employment documents, you will be submitting your articles of incorporation which will show how many shares you hold in the company. If he had indeed misrepresented, the article would have mentioned A40 proceedings and not an attempt to renew their work permit.
Okay but how come the attorney abi agent didn't know all these?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prost80(m): 1:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver4:
My people come o

God has done it

L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 8.5

MOD

I was already planning to book another test because I know I didn't do well at all especially in listening module . But the God of St Joseph of Cupertino and St Theresa of the Child Jesus stepped in.

Congratulations. On to the next stage

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Opsycal: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
Congratulations babe ����
Vancouver4:
My people come o

God has done it

L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 8.5

MOD

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
How many agents know anything?
ontarioissauga:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kemkem30(f): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
Threemg:

YES, meanwhile it's obvious you've been skipping overlooking previous PPR testimonies. There's a case of a woman like that towards the end of Part 4 that was in your shoe, just read through the testimonies from Part 3 to Part 4 you'll find her there.
[quote author=Threemg post=73232378]

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zeiya(f): 1:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver4:
My people come o

God has done it

L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 8.5

MOD

My sister I really thank God you have passed this stage. I pray other stages will be very smooth for you. I celebrate with u congrats.

St Joseph of Cupertino prayer really works, especially when u have done all ur best and u are still missing by only 0.5.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
ontarioissauga:

It depends on what stage they got an attorney involved. Probably after they got a procedural fairness letter. Besides, not all attorneys are equal, some know the law more than others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Modele35: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Go to IOM.

Qlife earliest is Feb 13...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Modele35: 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2018
wasseynewest:
Chai! & I just left few mins ago o. Pls try 08099742000 or mail "customercare@qlifefamilyclinic.com.

Earliest is Feb 13....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver4:
My people come o

God has done it

L 8.5
R 7.5
W 7.0
S 8.5

MOD

Yay congratulations dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 1:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
NikkyA:
L- 8.5
R- 9.0
S- 8.0
W- 7.5

4th attempt
1 BC, 3 MOD.

God is good. Onto the next chapter
u didn't come to play o... Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
raphrulz:
Lmao!

See as una dey pas the question... from ontarioissauga to Newmum to Ifeoma .. now to Tojued..

Maybe next person na Teecan... and then it will all end in praise.

kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2018
ontarioissauga:

No, through whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expresso17: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
IELTS Testimony!
IELTS test date was 13th October BC
Results ready by 26th Oct -LRSW: 8.5 7 7.5 6
I was so sad especially because I fell ill about a month before the test so my practice reduced and the last week was meant to focus on writing. I was out of work for about a week and just resumed that week still not in the best of health and was required to rest, butI listened to tips from Liz and Jay, but could not practice, I read some books on writing as well.
So I decided to go for a remark and asked God for mercy and speed, willing to stick to my faith on this....
EOR form was filled and submitted on the 30th October
Received an email on the 7th that my EOR has been sent to the EOR Team on the 6th Nov and should expect feedback in 2-4 weeks from that date
Received an email 16th Nov that result is ready,
Writing was upgraded from 6 to 7!
Praise the Lord for me please, my joy knows no bounds!
Note that there was no change online,someone asked a few days back if it meant there was no upgrade, please pick up your new TRF to know your score, no assumptions, I nearly got scared when I read a certain response saying most likely not.
I am really grateful to God

please any ideas how long withheld results are released with BC? Hubby’s results for today were withheld for review as I wanted to pick my EOR and his TRF, don’t know why it’s withheld..

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cutieplum(f): 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hi @TEECANN, pls I think I may need same favor from you, but the only difference here is that mine is not due to a change of name. Can I send you a pm for same details? Plus I also need clarification on when exactly (December or January ) I should start processing a new passport if the old one is expiring in June 2019. The officer I spoke to is insisting it has to be in January
TEECANN:

I do but they have sent the guy on course to Kuru.

But I believe I can share with you another person that helped my wife's friend to do hers. PM me.

It will end in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
cutieplum:
Wow... bless your heart for this. My application just reverted to 1P1 yesterday after being on default 1P2 since AOR 8th OCT. Been waiting to start the passport waka next month but at the same time believing God for an early PPR in December too wink But if yours was expiring in May and you were asked for a new one in November, then for mine which is June, hmmmm... I'd go try my luck with the renewal thing asap. hearty congrats once more, and thanks for the timely response too. Meanwhile, I just got off the phone with an immigration Officer who's saying I can't initiate the process of getting a new passport till January as that is what the Law stipulates. All my efforts to persuade him for me to start by next month proved abortive. Have you got any contact that can turn things around for me or do I just wait it out till January and pray I don't get an ADR for that?
would pm u.....it is about writing a letter to the PCO stating Ur case and attaching a document.... alternatively get the process for renewal started online, pay online and register ...so once it's Dec/when and if u get ADR..u can apply and do express.

In all...i don't think they would stamp a passport with less that 6months validity. So just prepare for the inevitable....I wish u a speedy and hitch free ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cutieplum(f): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
Such a great testimony! It can only be God!!! People request for an upgrade from 6.5 to 7 and results come out unchanged and here you are having a stunning upgrade from 6 to 7! Hearty congrats to you and yours, sure his soon to be released result would be an icing on the cake eventually!
Expresso17:
IELTS Testimony!
I was so sad especially because I fell ill about a month before the test so my practice reduced and the last week was meant to focus on writing. I was out of work for about a week and just resumed that week still not in the best of health and was required to rest, butI listened to tips from Liz and Jay, but could not practice, I read some books on writing as well.
So I decided to go for a remark and asked God for mercy and speed, willing to stick to my faith on this....
EOR form was filled and submitted on the 30th October
Received an email on the 7th that my EOR has been sent to the EOR Team on the 6th Nov and should expect feedback in 2-4 weeks from that date
Received an email 16th Nov that result is ready,
Writing was upgraded from 6 to 7!
Praise the Lord for me please, my joy knows no bounds!
Note that there was no change online,someone asked a few days back if it meant there was no upgrade, please pick up your new TRF to know your score, no assumptions, I nearly got scared when I read a certain response saying most likely not.

please any ideas how long withheld results are released with BC? Hubby’s results for today were withheld for review as I wanted to pick my EOR and his TRF, don’t know why it’s withheld..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by timtom: 2:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hello House,

I used Mutual Fund for POF but i also added my RSA account as a cushion. i requested for GCMS notes and i saw ''Review Required'' for Fund. What do you advise i do.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
NikkyA:
L- 8.5

God is good. Onto the next chapter

Vancouver4:
My people come o

Congratulation - What a relieve. Yesssss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cutieplum(f): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Oh, thanks so much... God bless you for this clarification. I would look out for your pm. Amen to your prayers too.
drcynthia:
would pm u.....it is about writing a letter to the PCO stating Ur case and attaching a document.... alternatively get the process for renewal started online, pay online and register ...so once it's Dec/when and if u get ADR..u can apply and do express.

In all...i don't think they won't even stamp a passport with less that 6months validity. So just prepare for the inevitable....I wish u a speedy and hitch free ppr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
Nicole995:
Good morning All. Please I am using ICES to evaluate my credentials.
1. Is it compulsory to use a credit card?
2. Would I still need to evaluate my WAEC certificate? My highest degree is MSC.

Thanks.

1. You can use your naira debit card
2. As for ices, no need for waec certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
Expresso17:
IELTS Testimony!
eceived an email 16th Nov that result is ready,
nge online,someone asked a few days back if it meant there was no upgrade, please pick up your new TRF to know your score, no assumptions, I nearly got scared when I read a certain response saying most likely not.

Joy overload indeed, COngratulations.

Je m'appelle JOYFUL
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by juicebox: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2018
Guys, please any whatsapp group for ACCRA VO?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.