Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821684 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
It is either it comes back higher or remains as is
iyke3g:

Hello all, can a test score reduce after being remarked. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
MrTeeo:
We are still waiting for British Council....
Same here o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
U urself with ur fingers just wrote "provided ur idea relate to the topic.......". This is called RELEVANT IDEA my dear. All ur points are spot on but kinda mixed up. And my fear is not to get our people confused cos they need confidence boost at this stage.
I believe we both wish our readers well & so shall it be. AMEN!

Go check the meaning of "relate to" and "relevant to". If they are the same, send me your account no thru pm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
My dear, pls giving up shld not cross ur mind at all.
Come to think of it, the score u've given doesn't outrightly make u a failure b'cos u actually passed, be-it 6/9 or 6.5. It's only that it's not enough to gather the point u need.
So needless of me saying if i were u, cos I have been tru ur exact situation, attempted IELTS 6x and finally passed. Infact i aced writing in my last 2 attempts. What u need do is relax and free urself completely from the present tension & register again. If u've done that, then we get talk ehn?
NameUserNo:
I am tired! It seems the only option is to give up right now. Firstly, i started by applying to Canadian schools but I was frustrated and never got admission from the four schools I applied to.

Then, I was advised on the canadian student visa thread to focus on express entry since I have the educational requirements and minimum work experience and I took that advise. I have written IELTS general six times in the last nine months and I am stuck at writing 6.5.

The only time I got a 7 in writing, i got a 7.5 in listening, which happens to be my only listening score less than 8. I have spent my salary and savings registering for ielts and ielts lectures since I began this process and yet no head way.

I have even completed WES evaluation because I was hopeful this will work out.

The last ielts I wrote November 10th, i was quite hopeful but came out the same way. Now I can't even register even if i want to.

I put so much efforts, sacrificed my welfare and I really don't know if i can push on anymore.

It seems this doesn't work for everybody. Best of luck to everyone on this thread. It shall end in praise for you all.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ETHIX(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
fmsimple:
December 25 cheesy cheesy grin

Please o, help a brother o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
freshdad:
I wouldn't say it is completely untrue because even the tutors (chris Pell and Liz) always emphasize on the fact that if you cannot adequately address the partial agree or disagree then just stick to one side to save yourself any trouble.

While you may be good with identifying the perfect response in the said situation, other may not be that coherent. That been said, you guys are both right

Sorry to say this bro. I never used liz style in writing and will never advise anyone to use it.

I was lucky to come across a post here that critically examined why Nigerians are not getting 7 and above in writing. That poster opined that using liz paid videos and liz style might be the reason. Hence, i avoided liz in that aspect and i would advice anybody who has scored 6 or 6.5 more than once, to delete/ abandon all videos or materials he/she is using. WHY STICK TO WHAT DOESN'T WORK?

go to ieltsadvantage. Those guys are good and you will score high using their free materials.

There is another one i came across but i cant remember it at the moment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
You just nailed it bro. Absolutely right.
pejuhazel:
Congrats to those who aced their IELTS and to those who didn't do as well, consider it a lesson, now you know you need to work harder.
I would like to contribute my own two cents to the discussion and hope that whatever I say helps at least one person. When it comes to writing the best thing you can do for yourself is outline your answer before you start. If the essay is asking for your opinion on a topic, list out your opinions on the question paper together with evidence to support it, that way when you start writing the points you've listed out will guide you. Also, you do not have to be technical all you have to do is be clear about the opinion you are making.
If it's an essay asking you to discuss opposing views, do not discuss both views in the same paragraph.
Learn synonyms so you won't have to keep repeating some words.
Check out these links, they contain stuff that helped me and I got them from someone on this forum.
Remember the race is not to the swift, hold your head up and try again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xfu5q4EGavHHquoNXlMgxyePVHoSj1xZ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jo0DnHNs1wzKQhMgiTYoC60zUnTwsU5k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
Lols.......@ jejely got 7.5. Congrats man!
DonTee07:

I must agree 100% with you. I did the one side Essay and I jejely got my 7.5 in writing. Better to do the one you know than do both and go mess up.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
pejuhazel:
Congrats to those who aced their IELTS and to those who didn't do as well, consider it a lesson, now you know you need to work harder.
I would like to contribute my own two cents to the discussion and hope that whatever I say helps at least one person. When it comes to writing the best thing you can do for yourself is outline your answer before you start. If the essay is asking for your opinion on a topic, list out your opinions on the question paper together with evidence to support it, that way when you start writing the points you've listed out will guide you. Also, you do not have to be technical all you have to do is be clear about the opinion you are making.
If it's an essay asking you to discuss opposing views, do not discuss both views in the same paragraph.
Learn synonyms so you won't have to keep repeating some words.
Check out these links, they contain stuff that helped me and I got them from someone on this forum.
Remember the race is not to the swift, hold your head up and try again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xfu5q4EGavHHquoNXlMgxyePVHoSj1xZ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jo0DnHNs1wzKQhMgiTYoC60zUnTwsU5k

Good points bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
Lols.......off topic bro. You jes goofed. Thinking u're an expert or that so good at just 1st attempt compared to others is overstressed. Remember all IELTS takers have different backgrounds and it probably would be easier for an English grad compared to Engineering and so on. There are loads of people acing IELTS at single attempt and not only u. Many even had cambridge test background. And even if u scored 9 overall is in no way superior to some1 who had 8777, provided he as well got ITA like u do. Perhaps you shld reason why some1 with B.sc cannot easily get 440 but is like a jackpot for an HND holder. People have received ITA since January and still awaiting PPR while we've seen some1 got ITA in August and already has his/her PPR at hand. So, move away from this immature tots and advise people appropriately. We all have NOTHING to prove to one another other than profer advise & solutions.
Jasmine17:

Thats why 6.5 abound. I believe in doing things right the first time, not necessarily proving myself to the class by finishing first, and coming back to rewrite 4more times.

I read about this ielts more than you can believe, took 1 month to study the 4modules to understand what was difficult and different with it. Found my tricks and experimented in the exam.

Listening: i was very confident and was expecting a 9. I got 8 and i am seriously considering remarking it.

Reading: I was expecting a 9 also. I got it and would have remarked if i got less.

Speaking: shared my experience here and was expecting a 7. I got 7.5 finally and knowing what happened that day, there is a possibility of an 8 if i choose to remark.

Writing: followed my pre-test rules to the letter and tried to apply all the tricks i learnt during practice. Planned my essay before i started. Wrote like a snail. Finished my task 2 only to find out my points were not in tandem with the question (i know i failed task response). Almost did not complete my task 1 (i didnt proofread, check punctuations and all). But i tried in the other sections. I was expecting a 6 but got a 7.

Now knowing my mistakes and the rules i applied, i was already looking forward to my next test and bro, if the exam had gone thru as planned (where the God factor comes in), i would have still come here to express myself on how i wrote well and what i am expecting. I will also pray that God gives my script to someone who is having a good day. And i will remark if i dont get my desired scores.

So at the bolded, i will prefer to write slowly and not finish on time, and still go ahead to score above 7, than to write like a cheetah, and score 6 or 6.5.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sleeknate(m): 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
Good day House, please pardon me if this has been answered somewhere in the thread. Can i acquire the PCC from the police headquarters in my state (Plateau), or i have to get it from:

Central Criminal Registry
Force C.I.D. Annex
Alagbon Close Ikoyi
Lagos
NIGERIA

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
freshdad:
It is either it comes back higher or remains as is
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
Lols.......off topic bro. You jes goofed.

Thanks. Nice weekend.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Please when completing the CRS tool, what does this question mean? Is it number of years worked in Nigeria or Canada? Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babeakosua: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
Canada. [Aquote author=iyke3g post=73287977]Please when completing the CRS tool, what does this question mean? Is it number of years worked in Nigeria or Canada? Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sleeknate(m): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2018
There are two parts to this, the part you just quoted is for work in ''Canada only''. The second part is the one that ask for foreign experience, and ofcourse Nigeria inclusive !
iyke3g:
Please when completing the CRS tool, what does this question mean? Is it number of years worked in Nigeria or Canada? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2018
sleeknate:
There are two parts to this, the part you just quoted is for work in ''Canada only''. The second part is the one that ask for foreign experience, and ofcourse Nigeria inclusive !
Do you mean this part?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2018
Another ill advise. What works for you might not be fine with me remember. I have seen many people credit Jay and when I watched his lessons, they all makes no sense to me, but I have never for once come out and tell people don't follow jay, that's because our choices, strengths & weaknesses differs. Liz has been a saving grace to thousands since yrs back like jay too.
The basic challenge I could say wrt writing is that it takes conscious efforts to picking the pieces dt completes the puzzle together. For instance, the Introduction, paragraphing structures and conclusion for all the different kind of essays( adv/disadv., opinion essays,
discuss both sides etc) are all in no way similar. Meanwhile there are so many linkers that will give any student a good ground if used correctly. This I believe is what our people stucked at 6-6.5 shld watch out for and make no mistake or mix up during the exam. And most importantly, this can be easily achieved through constant practice.
Jasmine17:

Sorry to say this bro. I never used liz style in writing and will never advise anyone to use it.

I was lucky to come across a post here that critically examined why Nigerians are not getting 7 and above in writing. That poster opined that using liz paid videos and liz style might be the reason. Hence, i avoided liz in that aspect and i would advice anybody who has scored 6 or 6.5 more than once, to delete/ abandon all videos or materials he/she is using. WHY STICK TO WHAT DOESN'T WORK?

go to ieltsadvantage. Those guys are good and you will score high using their free materials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
It is pertinent to all our IELTS takers to note that What works for you might not be fine with me. I have seen many people credit "Jay" and with due respect, when I watched his lessons, they all makes no much sense to me, but I have never for once and will never come tell people don't follow jay or whoever. That's because our choices, interest, strengths & weaknesses differs. Liz has been a saving grace to thousands since yrs back likewise jay too.
The basic challenge I could say wrt writing is that it takes conscious efforts to pick the pieces dt completes the puzzle together. For instance, the Introduction, paragraphing structures and conclusion for all the different kind of essays( adv/disadv., opinion essays,
discuss both sides etc) are all in no way similar. Meanwhile there are so many linkers that will give any student a good ground if used correctly. This I believe is what our people stucked at 6-6.5 shld watch out for and make no mistake or mix up during the exam. And most importantly, this can be easily achieved through constant practice. I used to tell our working class that you need at least a week or 2wks leave in order to grasp IELTS tricks & format. And if we consider the fees for this exams, it's really working giving a consideration. The advantage of wch are numerous to mention here but most importantly, it gives u the leverage to face the exam without tension. Like they say, Practice makes Perfection.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
Another ill advise. What works for you might not be fine with me remember. I have seen many people credit Jay and when I watched his lessons, they all makes no sense to me, but I have never for once come out and tell people don't follow jay, that's because our choices, strengths & weaknesses differs. Liz has been a saving grace to thousands since yrs back like jay too.
The basic challenge I could say wrt writing is that it takes conscious efforts to picking the pieces dt completes the puzzle together. For instance, the Introduction, paragraphing structures and conclusion for all the different kind of essays( adv/disadv., opinion essays,
discuss both sides etc) are all in no way similar. Meanwhile there are so many linkers that will give any student a good ground if used correctly. This I believe is what our people stucked at 6-6.5 shld watch out for and make no mistake or mix up during the exam. And most importantly, this can be easily achieved through constant practice.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
to me Liz methods are complicated..my spouse studied both hers and jay's method and eventually went with jay's and scored a 7.5 in writing, though she used Liz for the other modules and scored 9,9,8

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
2 weeks leave bawo? I didn't take any leave biko. It's not compulsory mbok. What matters is practice done whether during the weekends, at work or at anytime.
wasseynewest:
I used to tell our working class that you need at least a week or 2wks leave in order to grasp IELTS tricks & format. And if we consider the fees for this exams, it's really working giving a consideration. The advantage of wch are numerous to mention here but most importantly, it gives u the leverage to face the exam without tension. Like they say, Practice makes Perfection.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2018
@our newmum.....I have only bringeth an advise forward o. & like u elders have constantly tot us, advise are meant to be taken or ignored. Besides, the nature of our jobs differes u know? Some1 like me doesn't even have my entire wkend to myself talk less of wkdays. Hope ur wkend is going smooth ma?......smiles
Newmum0615:
2 weeks leave bawo? I didn't take any leave biko. It's not compulsory mbok. What matters is practice done whether during the weekends, at work or at anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
Lols.......funny dude. Yes sir/ma[quote author=Jasmine17 post=73288731][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
Good morning everyone. I have a question relating to "two or more certificates" I have a Bsc and Diploma.
I had earlier evaluated by Bsc with IQAS but my scores are not good enough so I want to evaluate my diploma now.
The question is must I evaluate the 2nd diploma with IQAS or I can evaluate it say ICES and merge the two assessment to qualify for two or more certificates?
Comments and opinions would be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
Blablablabla.......lols
Jasmine17:

Go check the meaning of "relate to" and "relevant to". If they are the same, send me your account no thru pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
Lols.......funny dude. Yes sir/ma

wasseynewest:
Blablablabla.......lols

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2018
StKizito2:
Good morning everyone. I have a question relating to "two or more certificates" I have a Bsc and Diploma.
I had earlier evaluated by Bsc with IQAS but my scores are not good enough so I want to evaluate my diploma now.
The question is must I evaluate the 2nd diploma with IQAS or I can evaluate it say ICES and merge the two assessment to qualify for two or more certificates?
Comments and opinions would be appreciated. Thank you

Better to have both ECAs with the same organisation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MumtotheBeloved: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Get the scratch card and get the result. Meanwhile, why not use ICES?

He doesn’t even remember his WARC exam number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2018
Why is it better?
fmsimple:

Better to have both ECAs with the same organisation.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
I totally get you. However, my point was more on clearing the idea that its okay to "partially agree" and I was only stressing that if the person doesn't have a good grasp on how to answer it that why, just jejely choose a side.

And yes, ieltsadvantage works wonder. He made writing task 2 look very simple
Jasmine17:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dee00: 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
ETHIX:

Pls in addition to your Fixed Deposit certificate, whenever you are ready to submit POF after your ITA. Just ask for a foreign reference letter from Access bank. That will summarize all your investments in your account and it will be signed and stamp by authorised signatories of the bank

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.