Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822612 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by hernyhorla: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2018
drcynthia:
thank you so much....ore mi! How's ur family?

We are very fine , Dr.

Sure u are already packing your things . lol

I can't wait for a family hangout with you &yours in Cannyland .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2018
hernyhorla:

We are very fine , Dr.

Sure u are already packing your things . lol

I can't wait for a family hangout with you &yours in Cannyland .
yes o...looking forward to that also. God bless you abundantly

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by makano: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2018
Hello House, great work you all are doing here. Please I have a simple question to ask, and I will appreciate if it is answered. Please I want to know if it is possible to still get PPR with just B.sc i.e No Masters or PGD degree. Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2018
Hephgirl:
Yes yes... Total is more than 6 months so he definitely needs pcc

hephgirl, are you sure about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
Richness1104:

My remark center will be BC Abuja . Are there success stories there. Anyone with testimonies of successful remark there?

Remark is done in the UK
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by phumie001: 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2018
Good day, please I need contact for transcript in ABU Zaira and Unilag. Can anyone help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
makano:
Hello House, great work you all are doing here. Please I have a simple question to ask, and I will appreciate if it is answered. Please I want to know if it is possible to still get PPR with just B.sc i.e No Masters or PGD degree. Thank You

For sure it is possible. Depends on a number of factors such as your age, IELTS result, family in Canada etc. Just read up from Page 1 and get all the answers you need. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bigfido: 9:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
Benscolari:
Hello guys. Got this today. What does it mean please tongue

log into your sinp profile, go to messages.. there is a file tab on the right-hand side.. click on it, then download the message

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by makano: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2018
Have been reading up from part 1, Just had to ask. Thanks alot.
dumprep:

For sure it is possible. Depends on a number of factors such as your age, IELTS result, family in Canada etc. Just read up from Page 1 and get all the answers you need. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amica26: 9:54pm On Nov 24, 2018
raphrulz:
LMAO!!!!

Me ayam singu and sachin... grin

CC: 55emem55 grin

So am I oooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by meelola007(f): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
For unilag, you only need to make a request on the school's website. Students are not allowed to come to the records office except when summoned.
phumie001:
Good day, please I need contact for transcript in ABU Zaira and Unilag. Can anyone help please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amica26: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
Oya ooo where are all the single uncles here? I'm not trying to be single in Canny for long oooo

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2018
So I just watched a touching video on YouTube by one Canadian immigration lawyer, Mark Holthe, going through the comments on Facebook, someone asked how much he charges for consultation, he said 5000CAD for legal fees. I quickly opened another tab to do the raw convertion, i saw 5,000 Canadian Dollar equals 1,374,673.30 Nigerian Naira. I just run come here to tell People to read page 1, ask specific questions and make informed decision.
But, these immigration lawyers sha lipsrsealed
...some give you a 'run from' for your money grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
Shyee:
So I just watched a touching video on YouTube by one Canadian immigration lawyer, Mark Holthe, going through the comments on Facebook, someone asked how much he charges for consultation, he said 5000CAD for legal fees. I quickly opened another tab to do the raw convertion, i saw 5,000 Canadian Dollar equals 1,374,673.30 Nigerian Naira. I just run come here to tell People to read page 1, ask specific questions and make informed decision.

Chicken change grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
fmsimple:

Chicken change grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire40: 11:16pm On Nov 24, 2018
Well, I partly agreed in my essay and I scored 8.5 in writing. Overall, nice points.
muvey10:
Sometimes I wonder why people have issues with writing.Writing was the simplest to me..first attempt 8.0 while listening was the hardest, because if you don't hear, there is absolutely nothing you can do..if you read the writing marking criteria, you should know what to do to get the score you want for example.lI knew I would get 8.0 because in task achievement I fully developed my main point explaining it critically which would have given me 9 coherence and cohesion- I made sure I used linking words appropraitely vocabulary 8- use less common words accurately-8 grammar I knew I had issues with grammar so I probably got 7 for missing p unctuations and articles-7 which gave me a band score 8.. I was smart, i made sure I got 9 in task achievement which is the easiest, use some high level words accurately, so my being average in grammar didn't affect me.
Most people get low scores because
1.you didn't answer all the questions asked which gives you a 5 in task achievement so by the time you add the other 3 aspects you would fall on 6
2.you have too many ideas in one paragraph and don't explain well which ends you up in a 6 so by the time you add other aspect you end up with 6.5
Some people don't even answer the specific question, they start talking abou the general question.
3you have too many grammar errors which is a difficult thing to overcome, you have to improve your English
Many people sit on the fence and don't state their opinion..,someone told me in her essay she wrote she partially agrees, i knew instantly she would get nothing more than 6.5 when she told me she got 6 I wasn't surprised..What is partially agree please? It is not about what you think, look for the best approach to write a good essay, and one of the easiest way is to fully agree or fully disagree, when you partially agree it is extreemly difficult to state your point.
When writing examples many people use personal examples because the question said from your experience.we need to be smart about things if you want to pass ielts.. use a research or study you read, it is simple and easy to validate your points.when you use personal examples you mess up the whole essay
The few I can think of

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cuteguy201: 12:57am On Nov 25, 2018
I doubt you wrote in Nigeria
Claire40:
Well, I partly agreed in my essay and I scored 8.5 in writing. Overall, nice points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire40: 1:22am On Nov 25, 2018
I did. I wrote in Abuja
cuteguy201:
I doubt you wrote in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ETHIX(m): 5:16am On Nov 25, 2018
Good morning all, please can anyone give me a date in Q-life to do my medicals in December ? Family of 4.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 25, 2018
Richness1104:
The praise the almighty God for this hoping He will fight my battles completely for me. This is my second attempt and ielts wants to show themselves again
L-8.5
R-7.5
W-6.5
S- 7.5

I studied ieltsliz and Jay extensively. I practised my writing with people and I still got this. Really don't know what else to do for this to change

My Brother/Sister; you CANT afford to give up and I feel your pulse.

Please go for EOR and put in for a new exam. I believe you are close and will surely get it. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TimmytimeHO: 6:10am On Nov 25, 2018
It's things like that kept me stuck, thinking I need an immigration lawyer till a friend told me I could do it myself. Pointed me to this thread. I wish I found this 3 years ago I would have gained so many more points but no wahala. I will start now.
Thank you all for this.
Shyee:
...some give you a 'run from' for your money grin

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 8:19am On Nov 25, 2018
muvey10:
Sometimes I wonder why people have issues with writing.Writing was the simplest to me..first attempt 8.0 while listening was the hardest, because if you don't hear, there is absolutely nothing you can do..if you read the writing marking criteria, you should know what to do to get the score you want for example.lI knew I would get 8.0 because in task achievement I fully developed my main point explaining it critically which would have given me 9 coherence and cohesion- I made sure I used linking words appropraitely vocabulary 8- use less common words accurately-8 grammar I knew I had issues with grammar so I probably got 7 for missing p unctuations and articles-7 which gave me a band score 8.. I was smart, i made sure I got 9 in task achievement which is the easiest, use some high level words accurately, so my being average in grammar didn't affect me.
Most people get low scores because
1.you didn't answer all the questions asked which gives you a 5 in task achievement so by the time you add the other 3 aspects you would fall on 6
2.you have too many ideas in one paragraph and don't explain well which ends you up in a 6 so by the time you add other aspect you end up with 6.5
Some people don't even answer the specific question, they start talking abou the general question.
3you have too many grammar errors which is a difficult thing to overcome, you have to improve your English
Many people sit on the fence and don't state their opinion..,someone told me in her essay she wrote she partially agrees, i knew instantly she would get nothing more than 6.5 when she told me she got 6 I wasn't surprised..What is partially agree please? It is not about what you think, look for the best approach to write a good essay, and one of the easiest way is to fully agree or fully disagree, when you partially agree it is extreemly difficult to state your point.
When writing examples many people use personal examples because the question said from your experience.we need to be smart about things if you want to pass ielts.. use a research or study you read, it is simple and easy to validate your points.when you use personal examples you mess up the whole essay
The few I can think of

@Bolded. Completely untrue and just your assumption. I partially agreed and even derailed in the course of my essay (check my previous posts after my exam), but i scored 7 at first attempt. Most sites will tell you that tackling both sides of the question shows you are knowledgeable about the topic, gives you more points, and vocabulary. More over, partial agreement is a valid opinion just like agree or disagree.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
Dear Richness, pls u just have to pick urself up. WRITING TASK2 is an aspect that nobody can determine the pendulum d topic given will swing. Hence d reason why we have people finding WRITING difficult. Remember u're marked on how relevant ur answer is. Some1 like me discovered this because in some of my attempts, I find the TASK2 topics difficult to quickly comprehend with. So I believe firstly one need to pray d TASK2 given topic is one that one can easily reason and find points to develop. Hence d reason why its important to try get used to as many as possible Task2 topics. and pray one finds it more easy that day.
Pls be ready to battle on without much gap and trust God to surely answer you.

@Bolded. Another misconception. You are never marked on how relevant your answer is. Capital NO.

You are marked on how you are able to present your answer relevantly.

Take a sh.it point, garnish it with good grammar and related rare vocabs, show how the point relates to the topic, minimize spelling errors, structure it well and link the sentences appropriately. You will get above 7.

If only you know the points i used in my essay, you will laugh at me till next year. Only noticed i was answering in parallel towards the end and left it like that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2018
Amica26:
Oya ooo where are all the single uncles here? I'm not trying to be single in Canny for long oooo

Love this advert. If only i was completely single smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cuteguy201: 8:44am On Nov 25, 2018
Wow!
Thanks for your response.
Claire40:
I did. I wrote in Abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2018
Jasmine, first, I believe u know it is clearly stated in Task2 instruction that ur point "must" be relevant.
Second, only if u show me any tutor of urs that affirmed this ur claim above. Third, the fact dt u wrote "sh*t" & got lucky with it doesn't mean every other person shld follow ur sh*t. Every oda thing u wrote abt developing and structuring ur ideas are of course very correct but I make bold to tell u that that wch u wrote thinking is sh*t could be among the relevant ideas in IELTS requirements for that topic. I am strongly against u advising people to have sh*t for main idea and develop it to taste good. You sounding too confident about this thing but I'm sorry to disagree.
Jasmine17:

@Bolded. Another misconception. You are never marked on how relevant your answer is. Capital NO.

Take a sh.it point, garnish it with good grammar and related rare vocabs, show how the point relates to the topic, minimize spelling errors, structure it well and link the sentences appropriately. You will get above 7.

If only you know the points i used in my essay, you will laugh at me till next year. Only noticed i was answering in parallel towards the end and left it like that.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Java47: 9:08am On Nov 25, 2018
Jasmine17:

Hey guys,

Been a while tho.

About the writing test, spend a few hours studying the marking scheme and find out what they are looking for. It's not a thesis you need to prove if it's true or not, but an English test which examines your ability to express your ideas in simple, easy flowing words. You don't need big grammar, too many points etc to get a good score.

Keep It Simple Stupid - KISS!!!

5 paragraphs is enough to get above 7.

Paragraph 1 - Paraphrase the question plus your opening statement.
Paragraph 2 - Points for. State one or two maximum in different sentences.
Paragraph 3 - Points against. Same as above.
Paragraph 4 - State the pros and cons of your points comparing them.
Paragraph 5 - Your closing statement where you take a stand.

Conjunctions, adverbs, pronouns etc can add to your points....

Examples:

Additionally
First and foremost.
Firstly, second, finally...
Furthermore, conclusively, in conclusion
Either.... Neither
Where as,

I'm sure you get the idea. Let your reader flow with your points. Let him or her be guided to your conclusion. Just as I did with this writing.... I think lol

This is just a method I thought of, ensure you study what IELTS is looking out for and practise everyday.
Don't give up!!!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 9:09am On Nov 25, 2018
IELTS is a test of tricks. Thats why it is difficult for some because it requires intense practice and study from you. It is not completely a test of your English language skills.

Just like all trick tests, there is a marking scheme which must be complied with in other to pass the exam. For writing, you have to satisfy task response, cohesion and coherence, lexical resource and vocabulary (grammatical range and accuracy). Each of these carry 9 points and you only get the average as your final score of each task, and the average of both tasks as your final score.

So the aim is to learn the tricks ( which is peculiar to each person by the way) that you need to surmount the test and the only way you can learn the tricks is by practicing diligently to identify your flaws, then studying assiduously to device your tricks on how to overcome the flaws, then practicing well to master the devised tricks.

E.g., you know task 2 carries twice as much marks as task 1, meaning if you get a 9 in task 1 and 6 in task 2, your final score will be (6*2+9)/3=21/3=7. But if you get an 8 in task two and 7 in task one, your final score will be (8x2+7)/3=7.666. So common sense will tell you that it is more profitable (given time constraints) to start with task 2 and write it well for more marks.

This is just one of the various tricks you will discover through practice and review. If you dive in with your everyday knowledge and confidence of English, it is bound to fail.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
Jasmine, first, I believe u know it is clearly stated in Task2 instruction that ur point "must" be relevant.
Second, only if u show me any tutor of urs that affirmed this ur claim above. Third, the fact dt u wrote "sh*t" & got lucky with it doesn't mean every other person shld follow ur sh*t. Every oda thing u wrote abt developing and structuring ur ideas are of course very correct but I make bold to tell u that that wch u wrote thinking is sh*t could be among the relevant ideas in IELTS requirements for that topic. I am strongly against u advising people to have sh*t for main idea and develop it to taste good. You sounding too confident about this thing but I'm sorry to disagree.

Go to ieltsadvantage, liz, etc.

It is not the relevance of your ideas that matter. You dont have all the time in the world and it is not a competition of best ideas. If you use 10mins in thinking of relevant ideas, i doubt if you would have time to finish the essay. Moreover, task response is a 9 out of a possible 36 points. If you get 6 in task response, and get 7-8 in others, you will score above 7.

Provided your idea relates to the topic and you can fashion it well to be relevant in presentation, cohesion, coherence, vocab and lexicon, you are good.

Above all, pray and believe in God.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 9:24am On Nov 25, 2018
Java47:

Hey guys,

Been a while tho.

About the writing test, spend a few hours studying the marking scheme and find out what they are looking for. It's not a thesis you need to prove if it's true or not, but an English test which examines your ability to express your ideas in simple, easy flowing words. You don't need big grammar, too many points etc to get a good score.

Keep It Simple Stupid - KISS!!!

5 paragraphs is enough to get above 7.

Paragraph 1 - Paraphrase the question plus your opening statement.
Paragraph 2 - Points for. State one or two maximum in different sentences.
Paragraph 3 - Points against. Same as above.
Paragraph 4 - State the pros and cons of your points comparing them.
Paragraph 5 - Your closing statement where you take a stand.

Conjunctions, adverbs, pronouns etc can add to your points....

Examples:

Additionally
First and foremost.
Firstly, second, finally...
Furthermore, conclusively, in conclusion
Either.... Neither
Where as,

I'm sure you get the idea. Let your reader flow with your points. Let him or her be guided to your conclusion. Just as I did with this writing.... I think lol

This is just a method I thought of, ensure you study what IELTS is looking out for and practise everyday.
Don't give up!!!

You are very correct. Keep it simple but use rare words that are related to your essay topic occasionally.

The best ielts essays have 1 point per paragraph. Even the results for 7, 8 &9 say so in the comments. So limit yourself to 1point per paragraph and build on it but ensure you exceed the word count limit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2018
You guys should keep up with the constructive critical analysis of IELTS writing. We JJC's are learning a thing or two from your individual points. grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kiari: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2018
Y'all are confusing me angry ... This early morning....
Just read, practice hard and pray.

It will end in praise..

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.