Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821646 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Jasmine17:

@Bolded. Completely untrue and just your assumption. I partially agreed and even derailed in the course of my essay (check my previous posts after my exam), but i scored 7 at first attempt. Most sites will tell you that tackling both sides of the question shows you are knowledgeable about the topic, gives you more points, and vocabulary. More over, partial agreement is a valid opinion just like agree or disagree.
spot on!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Imarama: 9:45am On Nov 25, 2018
[quote author=smslive2 post=72932749][/quote]

Good Morning Nairalanders,

Thank you for this pool of information. I have studied previous threads as advised, I will appreciate referral to a thread/ anyone in the Education sector( Primary Teacher, School Administrator, Early Childhood Educator) who has processed PPR as a Principal Applicant. I will also appreciate suggestions on provinces with more demands for Educators.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2018
I am tired! It seems the only option is to give up right now. Firstly, i started by applying to Canadian schools but I was frustrated and never got admission from the four schools I applied to.

Then, I was advised on the canadian student visa thread to focus on express entry since I have the educational requirements and minimum work experience and I took that advise. I have written IELTS general six times in the last nine months and I am stuck at writing 6.5.

The only time I got a 7 in writing, i got a 7.5 in listening, which happens to be my only listening score less than 8. I have spent my salary and savings registering for ielts and ielts lectures since I began this process and yet no head way.

I have even completed WES evaluation because I was hopeful this will work out.

The last ielts I wrote November 10th, i was quite hopeful but came out the same way. Now I can't even register even if i want to.

I put so much efforts, sacrificed my welfare and I really don't know if i can push on anymore.

It seems this doesn't work for everybody. Best of luck to everyone on this thread. It shall end in praise for you all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2018
December 25 cheesy cheesy grin
ETHIX:
Good morning all, please can anyone give me a date in Q-life to do my medicals in December ? Family of 4.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 25, 2018
No no no nooo oo please you can't give up now..I totally understand how you feel but giving up is not an option...you have already written 6times+ ECA done...those efforts will mean nothing if you stop now..I wrote 4times too and I was on the verge of giving up,But I kept pushing because everyday Nigeria gave me a reason to keep pushing and I aced it at my 4th attempt...see when you aced it you will forget how much you have spent and the stress you have gone tru...the joy is unquantifiable...bro,I'm assuring you that it will turn out Good,take some time off,read everyday..don't rush to sit for the exam,And don't nurse the thought that this journey no dey work for everybody...I wish you the very best and looking forward to your ielts testimony!PRAY TO GOD FOR FAVOUR AND I WILL ALSO PUT YOU IN MY PRAYERS
NameUserNo:
I am tired! It seems the only option is to give up right now. Firstly, i started by applying to Canadian schools but I was frustrated and never got admission from the four schools I applied to.

Then, I was advised on the canadian student visa thread to focus on express entry since I have the educational requirements and minimum work experience and I took that advise. I have written IELTS general six times in the last nine months and I am stuck at writing 6.5.

The only time I got a 7 in writing, i got a 7.5 in listening, which happens to be my only listening score less than 8. I have spent my salary and savings registering for ielts and ielts lectures since I began this process and yet no head way.

The last ielts I wrote November 10th, i was quite hopeful but came out the same way. Now I can't even register even if i want to.

I put so much efforts, sacrificed my welfare and I really don't know if i can push on anymore.

It seems this doesn't work for everybody. Best of luck to everyone on this thread. It shall end in praise for you all.

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 10:17am On Nov 25, 2018
NameUserNo:

You cant quit yet. No no no, you can't quit yet.
Please stay strong, though the journey can be tough but I am double sure you will make it if you fail to quit. The stumbling block of IELTS will give way soon. There are many folks here that attempted and passed IELTS at 5th, 6th, 7th and even 11th time. And I am confident you can get support here to overcome your inadequacies in the IELTS and come out in flying colours.

Stay positive, it will end praise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tysaxmalomo: 10:25am On Nov 25, 2018
Anyone know the process for the remarking? Do I have to leave ilorin for Abuja to submit the remark request? Or i can do it all from ilorin here ?

Listening-8.5
Speaking -8.5
Reading- 7
Writing -6.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 10:26am On Nov 25, 2018
We are still waiting for British Council....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by tysaxmalomo: 10:28am On Nov 25, 2018
MrTeeo:
We are still waiting for British Council....

You havent seen your result ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 10:34am On Nov 25, 2018
tysaxmalomo:

You havent seen your result ?

Nope
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Majesticniyi(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2018
NameUserNo:

This is heartbreaking. You can't afford to give up now though...the breakthrough is just around the corner. If you stay in Ibadan, I can assist with your next preparation.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2018
I don't think there is such a thing as remark centre. Fill the form, pay for the remark and wait for them to get a response from their partners abroad who do the exercise. All the best.
Richness1104:

My remark center will be BC Abuja . Are there success stories there. Anyone with testimonies of successful remark there?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 10:56am On Nov 25, 2018
You couldn't have said it any better
muvey10:
Sometimes I wonder why people have issues with writing.Writing was the simplest to me..first attempt 8.0 while listening was the hardest, because if you don't hear, there is absolutely nothing you can do..

It is not about what you think, look for the best approach to write a good essay, and one of the easiest way is to fully agree or fully disagree, when you partially agree it is extreemly difficult to state your point.
When writing examples many people use personal examples because the question said from your experience.we need to be smart about things if you want to pass ielts.. use a research or study you read, it is simple and easy to validate your points.when you use personal examples you mess up the whole essay
The few I can think of
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MumtotheBeloved: 10:59am On Nov 25, 2018
Hello Guys, I’d really like a contact at the waec office in Lagos. My husband needs to get his waec result/Certificate. He lost his copy and he’s been to his secondary school to get a copy but the school says they have no records before 2004(he wrote his in 1997). You can imagine the frustration! The University is saying the same thing. We would really appreciate it if someone could give us a reliable contact in waec to help sort this out. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2018
NameUserNo:

Please you can't give up now, what happens to all the effort you have put into this? Just give it another shot or probably go for a remark. It will definitely end in praise

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2018
MumtotheBeloved:
Hello Guys, I’d really like a contact at the waec office in Lagos. My husband needs to get his waec result/Certificate. He lost his copy and he’s been to his secondary school to get a copy but the school says they have no records before 2004(he wrote his in 1997). You can imagine the frustration! The University is saying the same thing. We would really appreciate it if someone could give us a reliable contact in waec to help sort this out. Thank you
Get the scratch card and get the result. Meanwhile, why not use ICES?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2018
At the bold. maybe but I spent about 8 minutes and still finished on time to review the essay.
Jasmine17:

Go to ieltsadvantage, liz, etc.

It is not the relevance of your ideas that matter. You dont have all the time in the world and it is not a competition of best ideas. If you use 10mins in thinking of relevant ideas, i doubt if you would have time to finish the essay. Moreover, task response is a 9 out of a possible 36 points. If you get 6 in task response, and get 7-8 in others, you will score above 7.

Provided your idea relates to the topic and you can fashion it well to be relevant in presentation, cohesion, coherence, vocab and lexicon, you are good.

Above all, pray and believe in God.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2018
NameUserNo:
I am tired! u all.

Atimes in our lives, it mighht seems impossible, hope might not be in sight but in All, We must give thanks to God.

I'm sorry for your previous IELTS, its for your testimony to be grand.

Please NEVER EVER give up, for you to write 6 times shows you aint a quitter.

Look at where you did not too well, zero in on them and improve..get someone to guide and tutor u if possible.

Once again, NEVER GIVE UP PLEASE. It will end well.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2018
I wouldn't say it is completely untrue because even the tutors (chris Pell and Liz) always emphasize on the fact that if you cannot adequately address the partial agree or disagree then just stick to one side to save yourself any trouble.

While you may be good with identifying the perfect response in the said situation, other may not be that coherent. That been said, you guys are both right
Jasmine17:

@Bolded. Completely untrue and just your assumption. I partially agreed and even derailed in the course of my essay (check my previous posts after my exam), but i scored 7 at first attempt. Most sites will tell you that tackling both sides of the question shows you are knowledgeable about the topic, gives you more points, and vocabulary. More over, partial agreement is a valid opinion just like agree or disagree.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lobell: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2018
phumie001:
Good day, please I need contact for transcript in ABU Zaira and Unilag. Can anyone help please

If ABU main campus, I can help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 11:37am On Nov 25, 2018
Dear Jasmine, all this ur maths calculations are not required here 'cos I believe many takers are aware of this. & let me correct u that outta the 40mins for task 2, it is possible to brainstorm on relevant ideas for 15mins and still complete task2 conveniently in 25mins. In as much as tenses structure and grammatical usage also combined to aggregate a good score, there is no way you can put them into good use without a relevant IDEA. Ur good idea(points to write on) of the topic will make u express urself freely and more conveniently in no time. I want to believe we've both successfully aced IELTS writing and so d debate shld be how to counsel others to be a success. Since we're on a open floor, let our dear readers just use an approach they are convenient with. Finally, none of this ur references(ieltsadv.,liz, jay etc) failed to stress d importance of relevant idea in their tutorials b'cos it is the foundation & insight to whatever you will write.
Let any1 among those I have sent the Liz videos openly counter me on this.
All the best to our upcoming IELTS takers.
Jasmine17:

It is not the relevance of your ideas that matter. You dont have all the time in the world and it is not a competition of best ideas. If you use 10mins in thinking of relevant ideas, i doubt if you would have time to finish the essay. Moreover, task response is a 9 out of a possible 36 points. If you get 6 in task response, and get 7-8 in others, you will score above 7.

Provided your idea relates to the topic and you can fashion it well to be relevant in presentation, cohesion, coherence, vocab and lexicon, you are good.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2018
freshdad:
At the bold. maybe but I spent about 8 minutes and still finished on time to review the essay.

Cool. But i said thinking not planning grin Even if you think of the best idea in the world, if you dont pre-plan your essay before you start, you might run into issues. Have you ever been in a situation where you have written 80% of your essay, only for the best ideas to flow into your brain, then you start thinking of cancelling and starting all over?

So planning is compulsory. Minimum of 5 minutes for me. If you add 10 mins from thinking, thats 15 minutes. Then i will have 25minutes left to write and proof read more than 250words. Not possible for me but if it works for you, fine.

Thats why the necessary tricks is peculiar to each individual and must be discovered by him/her.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pejuhazel(f): 11:42am On Nov 25, 2018
Congrats to those who aced their IELTS and to those who didn't do as well, consider it a lesson, now you know you need to work harder.
I would like to contribute my own two cents to the discussion and hope that whatever I say helps at least one person. When it comes to writing the best thing you can do for yourself is outline your answer before you start. If the essay is asking for your opinion on a topic, list out your opinions on the question paper together with evidence to support it, that way when you start writing the points you've listed out will guide you. Also, you do not have to be technical all you have to do is be clear about the opinion you are making.
If it's an essay asking you to discuss opposing views, do not discuss both views in the same paragraph.
Learn synonyms so you won't have to keep repeating some words.
Check out these links, they contain stuff that helped me and I got them from someone on this forum.
Remember the race is not to the swift, hold your head up and try again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xfu5q4EGavHHquoNXlMgxyePVHoSj1xZ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Jo0DnHNs1wzKQhMgiTYoC60zUnTwsU5k

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2018
It can be tiring, even after writing twice I was also get frustrated but it didn't deter me from keep my eye on the price (in this case my daughter and hopefully the siblings to join her). You have to think about what value this would bring to you and your family. 75k no be beans but in the end its worth more than the setback.

Overall, I think it is best you re-strategise, spend the whole of December to understand what you are doing wrong in the writing module and retake it in January. I keep telling people that ieltsadvantage works wonders so maybe you can give it a try.

All the best
NameUserNo:
I am tired!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2018
U urself with ur fingers just wrote "provided ur idea relate to the topic.......". This is called RELEVANT IDEA my dear. All ur points are spot on but kinda mixed up. And my fear is not to get our people confused cos they need confidence boost at this stage.
I believe we both wish our readers well & so shall it be. AMEN!
Jasmine17:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by muvey10: 11:46am On Nov 25, 2018
Jasmine17:
If you took your time to read the whole post not just one section you wouldn't type this.you got 7 probably you good in grammar vocabulary and probably coherence but scored a 6 in task achievement..Most people me inclusive are not that good in grammar, task achievement is the easiest to score 9 to bring your overall score to a 7.but if you advise people to derail in their essay writing when they are struggling with grammar and the rest it would be a disaster..They are many ways to pass writing, so this is not cast in stone.but use an approach that would make it easy for you to pass, that is what I am preaching

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by successbayo: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2018
British council.
Release the result na
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 11:51am On Nov 25, 2018
Plsssss don't be dear, we are all saying something but differently cos our approaches to the success we've had differs. Wch(healthy argument) I believe is quite good. Just be logical to choose from wchever suits u best. It will end in PRAISE
kiari:
Y'all are confusing me angry ... This early morning....
Just read, practice hard and pray.

It will end in praise..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2018
freshdad:
I wouldn't say it is completely untrue because even the tutors (chris Pell and Liz) always emphasize on the fact that if you cannot adequately address the partial agree or disagree then just stick to one side to save yourself any trouble.

While you may be good with identifying the perfect response in the said situation, other may not be that coherent. That been said, you guys are both right

I must agree 100% with you. I did the one side Essay and I jejely got my 7.5 in writing. Better to do the one you know than do both and go mess up.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2018
tysaxmalomo:
Anyone know the process for the remarking? Do I have to leave ilorin for Abuja to submit the remark request? Or i can do it all from ilorin here ?

Listening-8.5
Speaking -8.5
Reading- 7
Writing -6.5
Hello all, can a test score reduce after being remarked. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
wasseynewest:
Dear Jasmine, all this ur maths calculations are not required here 'cos I believe many takers are aware of this. & let me correct u that outta the 40mins for task 2, it is possible to brainstorm on relevant ideas for 15mins and still complete task2 conveniently in 25mins. In as much as tenses structure and grammatical usage also combined to aggregate a good score, there is no way you can put them into good use without a relevant IDEA. Ur good idea(points to write on) of the topic will make u express urself freely and more conveniently in no time. I want to believe we've both successfully aced IELTS writing and so d debate shld be how to counsel others to be a success. Since we're on a open floor, let our dear readers just use an approach they are convenient with. Finally, none of this ur references(ieltsadv.,liz, jay etc) failed to stress d importance of relevant idea in their tutorials b'cos it is the foundation & insight to whatever you will write.
Let any1 among those I have sent the Liz videos openly counter me on this.
All the best to our upcoming IELTS takers.

Thats why 6.5 abound. I believe in doing things right the first time, not necessarily proving myself to the class by finishing first, and coming back to rewrite 4more times.

I read about this ielts more than you can believe, took 1 month to study the 4modules to understand what was difficult and different with it. Found my tricks and experimented in the exam.

Listening: i was very confident and was expecting a 9. I got 8 and i am seriously considering remarking it.

Reading: I was expecting a 9 also. I got it and would have remarked if i got less.

Speaking: shared my experience here and was expecting a 7. I got 7.5 finally and knowing what happened that day, there is a possibility of an 8 if i choose to remark.

Writing: followed my pre-test rules to the letter and tried to apply all the tricks i learnt during practice. Planned my essay before i started. Wrote like a snail. Finished my task 2 only to find out my points were not in tandem with the question (i know i failed task response). Almost did not complete my task 1 (i didnt proofread, check punctuations and all). But i tried in the other sections. I was expecting a 6 but got a 7.

Now knowing my mistakes and the rules i applied, i was already looking forward to my next test and bro, if the exam had gone thru as planned (where the God factor comes in), i would have still come here to express myself on how i wrote well and what i am expecting. I will also pray that God gives my script to someone who is having a good day. And i will remark if i dont get my desired scores.

So at the bolded, i will prefer to write slowly and not finish on time, and still go ahead to score above 7, than to write like a cheetah, and score 6 or 6.5.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
Its either it comes back higher or it remains as is.
iyke3g:

Hello all, can a test score reduce after being remarked. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.