Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai (47377 Views)

2019 Presidency: What Peter Obi Did To Me In 2014 – Gov. El-rufai / 2019: Gov El-rufai Insulted Kaduna Christians By Picking Muslim Running Mate – F / Gov. El-rufai Visits Survivors Of Kaduna Violence In Hospitals(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by cadesky(m): 9:12am On Nov 14, 2018
Y some people no wan get sense like dis... We av state in Nigeria where both Gov. n deputy are Christians and no Muslim is barking like dog. Y is kaduna own different. Frustrated people everywhere. Ready to attack once they hear d word Muslim weda they're making sense or not. I'm yet to here it dat in Nigeria constitution a Muslim gov. cannot have a Muslim deputy likewise xtian. So wat's wit d ish

1 Like

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by veeberry(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2018
RELIGIOUS BIGOT!!!
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by uariko(m): 9:25am On Nov 14, 2018
Religious hypocrites everywhere you go!

If you are not in the same page with El-Rufai, go vote your choice..
Make una realise say some states dey fill in Christian - Christian candidates ooh! �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Awoleesu(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2018
"El-Rufai had told critics of the Muslim-Muslim ticket that the Government House was not a place for worship but where people work."

Last time I checked, there are mosques in Sir Kashim Ibrahim house, and Gen. Hassan Usman Katsina House, both of which Nasir El-Rufai makes use of (even when at work)...

So, Mallam, save the hypocrisy. Say something else!
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by CioAngels(f): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2018
Benekruku:
But at a time, Whoever will bring change to Nigeria needs to first ban public practice of religion and eliminate state of Origin from documentations.
I'm in same page with you, how i wish old times will come back for sanity to come back to Nigeria. While growing up we never knew which region we came from, but a Nigerian.
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by chivic(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
FriendNG:

Does that mean Simon Lalong cannot have Competent Muslim in Jos to be his deputy? What of Taraba state, are there no competent muslims also?

They all have to be sensitive.This is Nigeria and we are peculiar. We have to continue that way until grow
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Nowenuse: 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
FriendNG:

Forget Ekiti what of Plateau and Taraba state that have 40% muslim populations?

You people just sit down in your bedrooms to write rubbish about state that you probably have never visited.

Berom, Ngas, Tarok, Goemai, Mwaghavul, Afizere, Ron-Kulere, Pyem, Boghom and Pan are the 10 largest indigenous tribes in Plateau.

Can you tell me how of these tribes are predominantly muslims?

Only Boghom are predominantly muslims, followed by Pyem which are like a 50/50. Every other tribe is overwhelming christian in population. I wonder where the 40% muslim population in Plateau comes from.

Then you see fools comparing Plateau and Kaduna. Kaduna which the entire southern half is christian dominated.

In Taraba, Jukun, Mumuye and Fulanis are the 3 largest tribes. The first 2 are overwhemingly christians and the 3rd overwhemingly muslims. Every other tribe among the remaining dozens of tribes in Taraba state are predominantly christians except for Jibu and perhaps Wurukun. Taraba muslims are about 30% while Plateau muslims are like 15%. This is why muslims now get the deputy in Taraba. In the past, they didn't get.

People like you don't know that Christians in Borno, Niger & Kebbi states are up to 25-30%. They do not get the deputies there, but they never complain.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Your Ranting Does Not Change The Fact. You And I Know That The Govt. Is Highly Sympathetic To The Course Of The Killer Herdsmen. Isn't That Sponsorship?
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Nowenuse: 12:50am On Nov 15, 2018
darfay:

U guys should stop mentioning Ekiti ondo plateau and Taraba
First Ekiti is predominantly Christian, had contact with a lot of them in the University and I have never met a Muslim from Ekiti state. TBH Edo should have more Muslims than Ekiti

For plateau and Taraba people like @ Nowenuse could tell us more about their state

Ondo also has a very large Christian population at least the areas that borders Delta and Edo are predominantly Christians.

Let's not forget that Yoruba are religious tolerant unlike like the state in question . I have seen cases where a Muslim(yoruba) family harbours their Christian cousin and yet to only thing different is that dey don't wear hijab like their nothing more such a phenomenal is impossible in the North

I made a post replying to one of them below. I didn't join the thread early.

Nowenuse:

You people just sit down in your bedrooms to write rubbish about state that you probably have never visited.

Berom, Ngas, Tarok, Goemai, Mwaghavul, Afizere, Ron-Kulere, Pyem, Boghom and Pan are the 10 largest indigenous tribes in Plateau.

Can you tell me how of these tribes are predominantly muslims?

Only Boghom are predominantly muslims, followed by Pyem which are like a 50/50. Every other tribe is overwhelming christian in population. I wonder where the 40% muslim population in Plateau comes from.

Then you see fools comparing Plateau and Kaduna. Kaduna which the entire southern half is christian dominated.

In Taraba, Jukun, Mumuye and Fulanis are the 3 largest tribes. The first 2 are overwhemingly christians and the 3rd overwhemingly muslims. Every other tribe among the remaining dozens of tribes in Taraba state are predominantly christians except for Jibu and perhaps Wurukun. Taraba muslims are about 30% while Plateau muslims are like 15%. This is why muslims now get the deputy in Taraba. In the past, they didn't get.

People like you don't know that Christians in Borno, Niger & Kebbi states are up to 25-30%. They do not get the deputies there, but they never complain.

This was my reply.

The truth is that, I don't blame Hausa-fulanis for treating Northern christians with so much disdain and belittling. Our own people are the cause.
We do not know how to play politics well...

Southern Kaduna people have decided to settle for deputy governor for long without challenging the status quo by fielding their own candidate in a party and giving him massive votes to win governorship, cos they have what it takes.

They killed themselves in 2015 when they decided to vote between 2 hausa men for pdp and apc.
Can kaduna hausas ever be left to such a choice like voting between 2 christian candidates? Hell no they wouldn't.

Adamawa christians are also making the same mistake like Kaduna and don't be surprised if APC fields a muslim muslim ticket there too soon enough. Gombe the same thing too.
Re: Why I Chose A Muslim Running Mate - Gov El-rufai by Wahala90: 12:25am On Nov 18, 2018
SOJOSEPH:

Why was he jailed? As a pastor? Criminal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Visits President Tinubu (Photos And Videos) / NLC Rejects New Petrol Pump Price / Wheelbarrows Used For Poverty Alleviation In Nsukka, Enugu State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.