Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai (23445 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: I Have Made The Hard Choice - Tinubu / 2023: I Consulted Widely Before Declaring For Presidency - Amaechi / Senate: I Consulted With Buhari, Tinubu Before Contesting - Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Ganduri: 5:07am On Nov 14, 2018
Kaduna State Governor Nasir el- Rufai on Tuesday said he settled for Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, a fellow Muslim, as his running mate in the 2019 governorship election in the state because she is the right person for the job .
The governor , who received in audience the people of Sanga Local Government Area at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House , Kaduna , who came to thank him for picking their daughter as his running mate, said he based his choice on competence and performance.

“Muslim- Muslim ticket is not a religious ticket but a competence and performance ticket , ” the governor said.

Balarabe’ s choice as el- Rufai ’ s running mate had generated criticism in the state .
But el- Rufai , while responding to critics , said before he picked Balarabe , he consulted President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said, “ About a year ago , the Deputy Governor , Barnabas Bala, told me that he was going to contest the senatorial election , I was in a dilemma to get a replacement for him .

“So , we started with a list of people for consideration, and I had up to 32 names , including the names of some people seated with me here today .
“Then , we started selection and dropping names based on merit . From 32 names to 17 to 12 and then five , three males and two females .

“At that point , and as usual of us , when we are taking serious decisions, we consult President Muhammadu Buhari, because he is the only person I know that has worked in the army , he has been Governor , Minister and President .

“ So , when I told him , he said anyone older than me should be dropped. Then one name was dropped, remaining two men and two women, then he said ‘ since you are interested in a woman, pick the best woman’ . That was how I picked Hadiza , because she was the best .”

The governor added that most of his Muslim- Muslim critics were those who did not vote for him in 2015 .
He said , “The people that have criticised me most on this are people who never voted me in the first place . So , are they not supposed to be celebrating it . In their own opinion , I have made a wrong choice ? Then , why are they mourning?”

The Paramount ruler of Numana in Sanga LGA, Brigadier-General Aliyu Yamma , said the choice of Balarabe had given them hope of being in government.
He said.” The governor couldn ’ t have made a better choice than the selection of Hadiza . We now feel a sense of belonging in Kaduna government. We are just like black Americans in Kaduna State .”

https://punchng.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-i-consulted-buhari-el-rufai/

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by SarkinYarki: 5:31am On Nov 14, 2018
Of course we all know the bigot Buhari had to be involved

205 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by frankdGreat125: 5:33am On Nov 14, 2018
Fool @ forty, since u have started creating a political dynasty, u and ur advicer Buhari destruction is near. Because going back to Daura is Signed, Sealed and Delivered.
ATIKU/OBI here we come

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 14, 2018
There is nothing bad in a Muslim /Muslim ticket if they mean well for kaduna state.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by backnbeta(f): 5:42am On Nov 14, 2018
I hope your brothers will one day allow a Christian/Christian ticket to show that religion doesn't matter but competence.

273 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Omeokachie: 5:47am On Nov 14, 2018
He consulted a religious bigot before taking a major religious decision that could have wide-reaching implications.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Racoon(m): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2018
Ejimagift:
There is nothing bad in a Muslim /Muslim ticket if they mean well for kaduna state.

Are you for real? In a complex multi-secular country like Nigeria? So hope the Islamic fanatics in Kaduna will not go berserk on the day a christain-christain ticket will be on the menu? And of course Buhari in his trademark bigotry too concurred with a fellow bigot...

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Officialpdpnig: 5:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Okwu ndi okenye bu okwu dimma.

Those were wise words from Mr Buhari.

Then , we started selection and dropping names based on merit . From 32 names to 17 to 12 and then five , three males and two females .
“At that point , and as usual of us , when we are taking serious decisions, we consult President Muhammadu Buhari, because he is the only person I know that has worked in the army , he has been Governor , Minister and President .
“ So , when I told him , he said anyone older than me should be dropped. Then one name was dropped, remaining two men and two women, then he said ‘ since you are interested in a woman, pick the best woman’ . That was how I picked Hadiza , because she was the best .”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by fiizznation: 6:06am On Nov 14, 2018
El-rufai did no wrong in picking a Muslima as his running mate. Democracy of course is a game of numbers and there is nowhere in the constitution that says he can't choose a Muslim as his running mate. If the southern kaduna people feel shortchanged or whatever, they have numerous options to choose from.

1. They can vote against El-rufai since they hate him so much. Opposition parties are there, they can decide to rally around one opposition party and vote for the candidate. And just maybe, El-rufai might lose the election.

2. They can get their own christian-christian candidates and immensely vote for them. That should be as simple as ABC. Since some people said indigenous christians in kaduna state constitute about 50percent of the state's population. So why are they crying foul?

Anyway the reality on ground is, the southern kaduna folks can never decide who will be become the governor of kaduna because their numbers just don't add up. El-rufai don't really need their votes to win the election and everybody knows this fact(well except for silly people who don't know anything about kaduna state). I also love what El-rufai did. Yeah they said they hate him so much and El-rufai gave them the middle finger. Funny, there isn't anytime to love thy enemy.

Weldone mallam El-rufai, I say a big kudos to you.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:13am On Nov 14, 2018
fiizznation:
El-rufai did no wrong in picking a Muslima as his running mate. Democracy of course is a game of numbers and there is nowhere in the constitution that says he can't choose a Muslim as his running mate. If the southern kaduna people feel shortchanged or whatever, they have numerous options to choose from.

1. They can vote against El-rufai since they hate him so much. Opposition parties are there, they can decide to rally around one opposition party and vote for the candidate. And just maybe, El-rufai might lose the election.

2. They can get their own christian-christian candidates and immensely vote for them. That should be as simple as ABC. Since some people said indigenous christians in kaduna state constitute about 50percent of the state's population. So why are they crying foul?

Anyway the reality on ground is, the southern kaduna folks can never decide who will be become the governor of kaduna because their numbers just don't add up. El-rufai don't really need their votes to win the election and everybody knows this fact(well except for silly people who don't know anything about kaduna state). I also love what El-rufai did. Yeah they said they hate him so much and El-rufai gave them the middle finger. Funny, there isn't anytime to love thy enemy.

What about if the shites and non-indigenes vote along with southern Kaduna?

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by EricBloodAxe: 6:18am On Nov 14, 2018
undecided

10 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by slimfit1(m): 6:24am On Nov 14, 2018
Obviously, Buhari is going to support the Islamic process. He has a

25 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by SouthEastFacts: 6:29am On Nov 14, 2018
Two jihadists. One was banned from US for 15 years for religious extremism.

40 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by slimfit1(m): 6:30am On Nov 14, 2018
Obviously, Buhari is going to support the Islamic process. He has already turned our military into something else Christians need to be prepared if Buhari should win in 2019. Nigeria is finished our defence is full of Muslim generals who are ready to fulfil Buharis Islamic agenda be warned.

28 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by fiizznation: 6:34am On Nov 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

What about if the shites and non-indigenes vote along with southern Kaduna?
If you are cognizant with kaduna shi'tes and northern shi'tes in general, you would have known that they DON'T vote during any elections in Nigeria. I think this is their doctrine or something like that. They just constitute nuisance on major roads and are very fanatical about their beliefs. And let's even assume that the shi'tes are going to vote against El-rufai, he will still win the elections if liberal Muslims of kaduna vote for him. Fact!!!

Well I also believe you would have done the same thing if you were in El-rufai's shoes. Why should he waste his time on people who don't like him and will never like him no matter what? He is the governor of Kaduna state who was elected to work for his people. So why should he waste his time in trying to make some inconsequential folks like him?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by bkool7(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2018
Why should you even consult Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Bede2u(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2018
backnbeta:
I hope your brothers will one day allow a Christian/Christian ticket to show that religion doesn't matter but competence.
perfect reply to the bigots

22 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by lordkush: 6:42am On Nov 14, 2018
fiizznation:

Christians. make una come see oo

these 're the real Apc people. shebi. saarki din keep quiet now? it's aii

the people controlling apc 're all alhajis. alhaji tinubu fashola. aragbeshola oyetola buhari elrufai.

while in pdp it is balanced. even down in the heart of taraba. A Christian is governor. and in gombe a muslima is governor.

fact is pdp would never allow a muslin Muslim ticket in kaduna.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Elayna(f): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Sorry to say this... Our President no get sense

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by fiizznation: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2018
lordkush:
Christians. make una come see oo

these 're the real Apc people. shebi. saarki din keep quiet now? it's aii
My friend don't be an ignorant prick. If you understand the northern political terrain, you would have known that the same reason(s) why a Muslim can't be a governor in plateau state for now is also the same reason(s) why a christian can't be a governor of kaduna state for now.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2018
The total islamization of Nigeria is gradually kicking off with Buhari and El-rufai , spear heading it .

I pity Christians .

21 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by truthfulparrot(m): 7:15am On Nov 14, 2018
Mark my words APC and Buhari will deny that ELRufai did not consult them.

14 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by lordkush: 7:15am On Nov 14, 2018
fiizznation:
My friend don't be an ignorant prick. If you understand the northern political terrain, you would have known that the same reason(s) why a Muslim can't be a governor in plateau state for now is also the same reason(s) why a christian can't be a governor of kaduna state for now.
shut up

29 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by lereinter(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2018
This people are just satanic

11 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by lordkush: 7:18am On Nov 14, 2018
truthfulparrot:
Mark my words APC and Buhari will deny that ELRufai did not consult them.
shebi they bow wear hijab in Lagos schools now. and there. is a faceoff between school and Muslim parents ryt now in osun. it's a gradual process.

nor be once e dey happen

8 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Amumaigwe: 7:30am On Nov 14, 2018
Ganduri:
Godwin Isenyo , Kaduna
Kaduna State Governor Nasir el- Rufai on Tuesday said he settled for Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, a fellow Muslim, as his running mate in the 2019 governorship election in the state because she is the right person for the job .
The governor , who received in audience the people of Sanga Local Government Area at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House , Kaduna , who came to thank him for picking their daughter as his running mate, said he based his choice on competence and performance.

“Muslim- Muslim ticket is not a religious ticket but a competence and performance ticket , ” the governor said.
Balarabe’ s choice as el- Rufai ’ s running mate had generated criticism in the state .
But el- Rufai , while responding to critics , said before he picked Balarabe , he consulted President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said, “ About a year ago , the Deputy Governor , Barnabas Bala, told me that he was going to contest the senatorial election , I was in a dilemma to get a replacement for him .
“So , we started with a list of people for consideration, and I had up to 32 names , including the names of some people seated with me here today .
“Then , we started selection and dropping names based on merit . From 32 names to 17 to 12 and then five , three males and two females .
The governor added that most of his Muslim- Muslim critics were those who did not vote for him in 2015 .
He said , “The people that have criticised me most on this are people who never voted me in the first place . So , are they not supposed to be celebrating it . In their own opinion , I have made a wrong choice ? Then , why are they mourning?”
The Paramount ruler of Numana in Sanga LGA, Brigadier-General Aliyu Yamma , said the choice of Balarabe had given them hope of being in government.
He said.” The governor couldn ’ t have made a better choice than the selection of Hadiza . We now feel a sense of belonging in Kaduna government. We are just like black Americans in Kaduna State .”

https://punchng.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-i-consulted-buhari-el-rufai/

When FFK raised alarm in 2014 about the proposed APCs Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket being midwifed by the trio of Buhari, Tinubu and El Rufai and resigned his membership in protest, everyone thought he was bluffing. The chicks are now coming home to
roost.

28 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Riversides2003(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2018
Before nko, you must consult him cos you guys get plan but it will fail.

13 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 14, 2018
bkool7:
Why should you even consult Buhari?
He should have come to consult ur papa in the village shey?
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by grandstar(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2018
He is going to win the election.

In a heavily polarised state like Kaduna, the Muslims will vote massively for him and I suspect turnout in large numbers as well.

As for adherents of Christendom,some may vote for him as well focusing purely on his performance.

Possibility of a win is 99% in my opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Strongbest(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2018
Whatever. The way forward is what I crave for this country. Our leaders should learn to do the right thing at anytime without sentiment and no matter the circumstance.

Check my thread and add to your knowledge for personal development or side money making adventure.

https://www.nairaland.com/1798724/

1 Like

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by israelmao(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2018
You and Buhari are Siamese twins in fanaticism.

18 Likes

Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Bitterleafsoup: 7:37am On Nov 14, 2018
In Anambra we always do Christians together never a news.
Distraction as usual.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: We Are Comfortable Supporting Atiku, PDP — Anambra Traditional Rulers / Naira Swap: Kaduna Files Contempt Of Court Suit Against FG Over Non-Compliance / Mbu Deployed As AIG In charge Of Lagos, Ogun States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.