Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:06 AM

Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure (19044 Views)

'Worry More About We Omo Ales, & We Plenty' - Mobolaji Ejike Danta To MC Oluomo / I Will Relocate To The U.S. After My Tenure - Obiano Replies EFCC / Osinbajo Given 7 Days To Resign By Timi Frank Over N5.8bn ‘Illegal Approval’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by 9gerian: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
If you live in a glass house don’t throw stones.

They must have been searching for what to use to shut the VP up for awhile now cheesy

ObserversTimes:
The Observers Times / Abuja

The Former  President, Goodluck Jonathan, has asked Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to be more concerned over his indictment by the House of Representatives in the N5.8 billion he approved for the National Emergency Agency, NEMA, without due process, than his (Jonathan) sojourn in office.

Osinbajo and Jonathan, in a statement by one of his aides, Reno Omokri, was reacting to the Vice President’s claim that his government saddled the country with debt and alleged corruption of his administration.

The statement read:

“On the issue of debt, the fact remains that in the entire 16 years that the Peoples Democratic Party governed Nigeria, the total amount of money borrowed was ¦ 8.06 trillion Naira. These are facts sourced directly from the budget office controlled by the Buhari administration. ‘’However, in only three years, the All Progressives Congress led administration of President Muhammadu Buhari has borrowed a total of ¦ 10 trillion Naira. With this fact in hand, where does Vice President Osinbajo have the moral authority to point leprous fingers at former President Jonathan?

‘’The claim by Vice President Osinbajo that former President Jonathan left $$63 billion in debt is also a false claim. The Jonathan administration inherited $42.23 billion in debt in 2011 which were debts borrowed by the states and the Federal Government. ‘’Throughout the five years that he was President, former President Jonathan incurred the wrath of several state governments because his administration refused to guarantee their foreign loans.

That money is more than the funds borrowed by the Jonathan administration in five years. “To show to Nigerians the profligacy and ineptitude of the current administration, I draw their attention to the fact that between July and August 2018, the Buhari administration claimed it had shared $322 million Abacha funds recovered by the Jonathan administration to the poor. ‘’Then a week after it made that announcement, the Buhari government borrowed $328 million from China.

Source
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by NothingDoMe: 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
IdeeEsperanza:
Stew
Plenty of it!
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by antojack: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
kidman96:
Goodluck Jonathan should stop talking and hide his head in shame...

Stupid Criminal.
And buhari z a saint, idiot
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by PointB: 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
MetroBaba1:
APC led government should be more concerned with bettering the life's of Nigerians than blaming the past government for their failures.

Why were they elected?

They were elected to point fingers of blame; and they are very good at that.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by mceze(m): 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
blacknp:
Charity they say begins at home,If your papa wasn’t a colossal disappointment to you & your family you wouldn’t have been on nairaland this early morning jabbing thrash about our pious Vice President,you would have better light to bring to a new day. Pharisees.
Shut up that thing you call mouth
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by kidman96(m): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
antojack:

And buhari z a saint, idiot

Your mother idiot.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by Ovamboland(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
jrusky:

This is exactly what I'm saying that you apc lack sense. Read the nonsense you posted how does it relate with what we are talking about? You have just prooved me right you have no sense by talking out of point from the real issue. Anyway go ahead with your lunatism it's a free world.

Mind you a sane man can't get $322million, wasted it or dole it out and a week later went out to borrow $328million bro it's stupidity and highest level of madness. Take it or bust it. Good day

You have completely lost common sense and can never understand anything even if the lettering is inscribed in your brain.

The money you gleefully said was wasted was given back with conditionalities, which the government has complied with. To you giving the money to poor Nigerians is a waste while giving it to the Dasuki's or other fat cat is wise use.
That is what you want to return to our psyche through PDP/Atiku, culture of mercantilism, where the rich prey on the poor leaving them with nothing.
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by Ovamboland(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
softthings:
oga answer his question first. Why will they receive $322m today and share it and borrow $328m the following week?

See another one who cannot think, the fact you have social responsibilities means you can't take loans or overdraft to meet pressing needs or take mortgages anymore?
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by maasoap(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2018
akan102:
[Because there was no need inviting him without any fact on hand except they want to fall their hands before Nigerians, if they were sure of their allegations GEJ would have being the first to be invited just to humiliate him

Even, when Olisha Metuh listed him as a witness, what happened when he was invited by Metuh's lawyers? The truth is that ex presidents in Nigeria are above the law. None has ever been invited to account for his stewardship or answer questions about looting, mismanagement or embezzlement and none will be invited soon.
Re: Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure by softthings: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2018
Ovamboland:

See another one who cannot think, the fact you have social responsibilities means you can't take loans or overdraft to meet pressing needs or take mortgages anymore?
they have roasted your brain. Sorry I can't help you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Journalists Threaten Withdrawal Of Service Over Fuel Subsidy Removal / Ex-Deputy Governor, Ajayi Agboola Wins Ondo PDP Primary / Is The "Go Get Your PVC" Hype For Or Against PMB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.