Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' (24150 Views)

Girl Blames ASUU For Masturbating All The Time, Begs Them To Call Off Strike / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. / I Will Not Join ASUU Strike - Suny Edeko, Dean, Faculty Of Law, AAU (2) (3) (4)

Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by proffemi: 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
CornelG:

What about the prolonging of our academic calendars, is that also a part of the achievements?

What do you think?
Before I answer that for you (if indeed you need me to do so), do you ro do you not accept that previous strike actions have GREATLY benefited the system?
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by CornelG(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
proffemi:

What do you think?
Before I answer that for you (if indeed you need me to do so), do you ro do you not accept that previous strike actions have GREATLY benefited the system?
I disagree. Explain!!!
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by proffemi: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2018
CornelG:

I disagree. Explain!!!

I've enjoyed the banter with you because you come across as a nice fellow, but if you still want me to "explain" even after the examples I have given (TETFUND now funding billions of dollars of projects; staff recruitment training and retention), I'll start wondering if you're not just trying to wind me up.

Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by CornelG(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2018
proffemi:

I've enjoyed the banter with you because you come across as a nice fellow, but if you still want me to "explain" even after the examples I have given (TETFUND now funding billions of dollars of projects; staff recruitment training and retention), I'll start wondering if you're not just trying to wind me up.
I only asked you to explain how the strikes have affected our academic calendars positively that is all
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by proffemi: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2018
CornelG:

I only asked you to explain how the strikes have affected our academic calendars positively

What's the point in rushing to complete an education if what you are getting is rubbish?

Kids in public secondary schools have no problem with their calendar, right? They finish at the same time as the kids from private school, and yet, the quality of the education they get is so low that they (generally!) stand no chance when competing against the private school kids, as I have stated in a previous post.

If I were you, I'd be concerned about the quality of education, rather than how fast I get a worthless degree dumped in my hands.

Getit?

Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
CornelG:

Is it the foolish professors that know not their left from their right but rather choosed to be control by brown envelopes
It is rare to control those professors. I had meet Prof Ogunyemi one on one for a chat so I know what is up there. ASUU are not like NLC take barks but don't bite
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by jnoz23(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2018
eleyi n para o
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by Randy100: 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
writerights:

His suggestion isn't consequential. A union that has the most educated members in Nigeria should know ways to settle trade dispute other than exacerbating the already aggravated situation. If they can't, the union is simply unproductive and a pain in the ass of Nigerian students.

Yes, there was an agreement between ASUU and FG and No, FG is unable to keep up with the agreement. Should we all be out of school for this reason? You need to answer that.
If we are all out of school and the government is not doing anything about it, that should tell you that we have an irresponsible government. You shouldn't attack ASUU for using whatever they have to make the FG responsible. I ask again what should you suggest as the best thing ASUU should do so as to make the government responsible?

Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by CornelG(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
asuustrike1:

It is rare to control those professors. I had meet Prof Ogunyemi one on one for a chat so I know what is up there. ASUU are not like NLC take barks but don't bite
Abi, just wait and by the time brown envelopes land their hands and see whether the tune of the music will not change.
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
CornelG:

Abi, just wait and by the time brown envelopes land their hands and see whether the tune of the music will not change.
That is not true. ASUU dey gidigba
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by pwettyeddy(f): 6:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
justflow1:
cheesy grin grin 10 billion Naira Ganging
my own take on this is that, this man is actually trying to b a good boy, if eventually the present government shove their way to power in 2019, he might be made VC in any fed school in Nigeria (his thinking now tho), since he had help the FG in times of despair by excluding himself from the aggrieved body agitations (ASUU) whose rights had been infringed upon by the same Govt

The prof should stop been a maverick and face the reality

BTW,is not that i dont know i am the FTC ooooo i Know o, but i dedicate it to the immediate lad below, he tried so hard but almost cannot kill a bird

It's always been his style for almost 2decades Now. He just a simple man. First lecturer you sell 5 wonderful text books for 1k which was his cost of production, a moving encyclopedia, humble to the core and friendly. This is one of the best lecturer to have crossed my path, though hated by his colleagues
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Randy100:
If we are all out of school and the government is not doing anything about it, that should tell you that we have an irresponsible government. You shouldn't attack ASUU for using whatever they have to make the FG responsible. I ask again what should you suggest as the best thing ASUU should do so as to make the government responsible?
The government is irresponsible, agreed! Government's irresponsibility has made ASUU's yearly industrial action a complete waste of human life and resource.

If going on strike is as effective as ASUU has dimmed it, all pending issues should have been resolved long ago.

My suggestion is simple. ASUU, a conglomeration of Nigeria's most educated people, should be creative enough in engaging the government by seeking counsel from their professors. You know the popular saying that only a pack of fools would keep doing the same thing yearly and expect different result.
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by mechanics(m): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2018
He should just cooperate with them, after all he will still benefit from the struggle.
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by adeniyi3971(m): 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
EmirAbj:

You too Self Dey Mad, Werey Is Your Surname,

your father is werey! modafuka
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by Randy100: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
writerights:

The government is irresponsible, agreed! Government's irresponsibility has made ASUU's yearly industrial action a complete waste of human life and resource.

If going on strike is as effective as ASUU has dimmed it, all pending issues should have been resolved long ago.

My suggestion is simple. ASUU, a conglomeration of Nigeria's most educated people, should be creative enough in engaging the government by seeking counsel from their professors. You know the popular saying that only a pack of fools would keep doing the same thing yearly and expect different result.
The strike has been effective and you know it. ASUU is going to strike because they are frustrated with the government. Don't you think that they have exhausted every other means and it didn't work? I know you are creative and knowledgable enough, can you suggest other means that ASUU can use to make the government responsible?

Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by hadeyoyeh: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Randy100:
Useless prof. If ASUU get what they are fighting for and decides to deny his faculty the entitlement, he will start writing to all the organisation in the world. Kudos to ASUU

he has said it time without number that he is not a member of ASUU ND will not be interested in anything concerning ASUU. And the Prof. Edeko I know is a man of his word. He will never take back his words.
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by hadeyoyeh: 8:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
latsy:
He either lost an ASUU elective post or he is seeking political appointment.

u guest wrong my Dear. He was suspended by ASUU because he refused to join a strike which the court has restricted ASUU from embarking upon. He chosed to obey the court's order. Never judge any person from a distance. Get to know him or her first
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by whitebeard(m): 9:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
Okoyeebo:
[s][/s]

Don't make ignorance your full time job, use your brain to learn something else.

OAU the father of strike has left ASUU. Go and find out the reason for yourself.

The present day ASUU is like Ohaneze. I portent) impotent, directionless, useless and without direction.
easy, who told u oau is not on strike, cause of the memo abi...oga various dept have stopped academic activities here, some are still teaching.. The school is divided
Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by latsy: 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
hadeyoyeh:

u guest wrong my Dear. He was suspended by ASUU because he refused to join a strike which the court has restricted ASUU from embarking upon. He chosed to obey the court's order. Never judge any person from a distance. Get to know him or her first
I insist that he is an opportunist and attention seeker.
He needs not broadcast his selfish decision on Facebook if he
has no ulterior motive.
The worst part is that he will benefit from ASUU's struggle if
the government answer them.
Down with traitors.

Re: Suny Edeko: 'I Will Sue ASUU For N10bn If They Disrupt Me' by EmirAbj: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
adeniyi3971:

your father is werey! modafuka

GANGATUA GAGA

The State Of Public Secondary Schools In Osun State / CRUTECH Student & Nursing Mother Electrocuted In Calabar / Bowen University Sacks 100 Workers