Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial (48742 Views)

Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music / Kemi Olunoyo Replies Davido's 'Under Threat' Post / Sophia Momodu Replies Davido’s Shade. Calls Chioma A 'Bitch' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Topmaike007(m): 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
cr7lomo:
Nonsense... you are allowed in earlier this year before the osun elections... after the elections you declined him but accepted other artists
dats what we are saying as an artist you don't carry politics on your head or else you fall

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by naptu2: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
seyigiggle:
did they refereed to him as up coming artist?

No. They said that Davido came to Eko Atlantic earlier in the year to shoot a video with some up and coming artistes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Lovelyjessica(f): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
Am sure anything that happen to Davido, will now be politically motivated

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Lovelyjessica(f): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
Wikidraw:
Are are an architect
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
sevo:
Maybe the hotel don tire with him frog voice
It's not a hotel. Dts the problem. It's just an open space in the city dt will have to be sectioned and demarcated into different parts for the show. Stage, audience, car park, security, vendors .etc.

It's open air so will take more crowd than Eko hotel venue (which is the biggest hotel stage).

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by naptu2: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
Iamicekid:

Read post wella before quoting u hear..

They didn't say that they "don't do events". They said that since Eko Atlantic is not an event centre, but a city, they have strict rules that people who want to stage events must comply with.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Iamicekid(m): 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
frankmoney:
now you go back , and read the fourth paragraph ,including the tweets

If with this you don’t understand, in law bro u don’t diversify word, putting myself in his shoes with this there statement you First told you don’t do events and later told you I have to meet some of your security measures, right so if it’s not politics related which security measures do you want to give a personnel like Davido which he can’t offer or live up to... He no dey make money from something he dey spend, come think of it in a thing he wants to make money from how much will it take him to provide 1000 security personnel, or more if they still request more...
so you telling me for your own mind wizkid met the security check while Davido can’t meet it right.. Abeg go shift front

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by shukudi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
Iamicekid:
It’s political related now it all shows in what dey are saying, so if you don’t do event why is wizkid having a concert there on the 23rd, make unna just shut up, we know how Unna dey do, no be 9ja we dey as long as dem don give unna money
you are truly an IceKid. I can see your brain frozen already. Is it that you can't read or you find it difficult to comprehend? No wonder buhari called you people lazy youths and PDP is playing lawn tennis with your minds. I'm sure you are one of the people clamouring for 'Not too young to rule.'

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by PenileFitness: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
He thinks the world revolves around him.

3 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by frankmoney(m): 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
Iamicekid:

If with this you don’t understand, in law bro u don’t diversify word, putting myself in his shoes with this there statement you First told you don’t do events and later told you I have to meet some of your security measures, right so if it’s not politics related which security measures do you want to give a personnel like Davido which he can’t offer or live up to... He no dey make money from something he dey spend, come think of it in a thing he wants to make money from how much will it take him to provide 1000 security personnel, or more if they still request more...
so you telling me for your own mind wizkid met the security check while Davido can’t meet it right.. Abeg go shift front
lol it's clearly stated there that an event can hold but adequate security and other measures should be taken , and you are here writing long story

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by frankmoney(m): 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
naptu2:

They didn't say that they "don't do events". They said that since Eko Atlantic is not an event centre, but a city, they have strict rules that people who want to stage events must comply with.
thank you explaining it to him , it seems he has reading issues

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Iamicekid(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2018
frankmoney:
lol it's clearly stated there that an event can hold but adequate security and other measures should be taken , and you are here writing long story

Your majesty so tell me what adequate security measures can wizkid handle and Davido can’t... why unna dey talk like this now
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Afamed: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
frankmoney:
Ignore him, he doesn't even know where Eko Atlantic is located. Educating him , might be a waste of time

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
I belive Don Jazzy took their first Mavin Concert to the city

mynairaland2018:
I said it that he didn't plan well. Now making excuses. The only people dt have used Eko Atlantic City for concert is the One Lagos fest (dt the state organizes) and the Pepsi December concert (dt Pepsi organizes and different artistes perform). This is the first time Wizkid will use it for a show. Im sure they require an established concert management team.

David needs to get himself an experienced manager like old papa, Sunday Are, dt wizkid uses in naija, not all these his small boys gang.
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Laid2001: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
simple English always becomes complicated for them when politics enter.
I tire for our Naija kids oo.
frankmoney:

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by frankmoney(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
Iamicekid:

Your majesty so tell me what adequate security measures can wizkid handle and Davido can’t... why unna dey talk like this now
oga he probably didn't complete the due process with eko Atlantic , it's not about money , of course davido can pay for security , but they clearly stated that there are laid down rules .if he didn't go through the right channel or adhere to this rules , he will be denied , money or not

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by dracosith(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
Lucifer66:
What a disgrace but it's good to see that there are companies who don't care about your position and will still treat you like a normal client.

No company treats you as a normal client unless they have a better client. If you have done any business you would understand.
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by ojun50(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2018
Afamed:

This is my problem with people like you , who jump into affair you don't know about. Is Eko Atlantic and Eko hotel the same thing? Or you think Eko hotel is even owned by Lagos state government?
yr problem is big oh
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Wallade(m): 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
mynairaland2018:
I said it that he didn't plan well. Now making excuses. The only people dt have used Eko Atlantic City for concert is the One Lagos fest (dt the state organizes) and the Pepsi December concert (dt Pepsi organizes and different artistes perform). This is the first time Wizkid will use it for a show. Im sure they require an established concert management team.

David needs to get himself an experienced manager like old papa, Sunday Are, dt wizkid uses in naija, not all these his small boys gang.

Based on the information provided on the correspondence circulated by Eko Atlantic City management, the major issue is provision of security.

If I may ask: Is Davido expected to provide security at the facility, especially since they could bill him for security?

The excuse isn't tenable? Police is expected to provide security not Davido; Eko Atlantic City should arrange for security!
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Ishilove: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
It is glaring that many Nigerian youths have reading and comprehension challenges.

8 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Ishilove: 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
shukudi:
na coconut dey ur neck, no be head. After their explanation you still dey ask that yeye question.
Why not ask davido if he has provided the information requested from him.
AtikuandObi don use your sense play tenten.
Your parents for take the money spent on your education breed Ekuke, at least calabar ppl for dey pay them regularly by now.
LMAO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2018
Wallade:

Based on the information provided on the correspondence circulated by Eko Atlantic City management, the major issue is provision of security.

If I may ask: Is Davido expected to provide security at the facility, especially since they could bill him for security?

The excuse isn't tenable? Police is expected to provide security not Davido; Eko Atlantic City should arrange for security!
It is not a facility. It's not an events center. There are no gates. They are going to setup on open streets. It's like saying ikoyi or Eti osa should provide security for an event. Ur the one dt decided to come and do show in open space na.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by hush15: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
mynairaland2018:

Sometimes, i dont understand how our people can be so naive.
a few senseless people will not believe davido but we all know the truth.

What were people thinking Eko Atlantic will say before? Ofcourse, someone organizing a show would factor in security now. Is that Davido's first show that he doesnt know the rudimentary reauirements,

for me o, he was denied and it is politically motivated ofcourse. All these is just denial when we know they dont want it to be a political affair especially when the landlord is of another party. nonsense people....

who are decieving
Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Wallade(m): 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
mynairaland2018:

It is not a facility. It's not an events center. There are no gates. They are going to setup on open streets. It's like saying ikoyi or Eti osa should provide security for an event. Ur the one dt decided to come and do show in open space na.

It is a facility owned by the shareholders of Eko Atlantic City and managed by the respondent (see the letterhead paper).

I still believe the dynamics of the event, security provision and planning can be discussed and arranged by the both parties if the facility manager really wants to deal. They only need to estimate the security cost and advice the client for the purpose of reaching agreement and funding.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
Gptins:
David tweets and respond without proper insight and clarification and that's gross immaturity..... Not every association or company are politically motivated in their actions...

that y wizkid is ahead of ,u can't see wiz behaving like dat

wiz is mature

5 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by ChiefAlex(m): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
Iamicekid:

Your IQ is low

4 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
shukudi:
na coconut dey ur neck, no be head. After their explanation you still dey ask that yeye question.
Why not ask davido if he has provided the information requested from him.
AtikuandObi don use your sense play tenten.
Your parents for take the money spent on your education breed Ekuke, at least calabar ppl for dey pay them regularly by now.
grin grin una funny die for this nairaland ...twitter dey learn work

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by naptu2: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2018
What Eko Atlantic wrote in that piece was very simple and straight forward and it is shocking that people cannot understand something as simple as that.

1) Eko Atlantic did not call Davido an up and coming artiste. They said that he came with some up and coming artistes for a photoshoot.

2) Eko Atlantic did not say that they don't do events. They said that they are not an event centre, they are a city and therefore anybody that wants to hold an event there needs to keep to some strict rules.

3) Why did Eko Atlantic state that they are a city? Because they have existing residents and businesses and any event that is staged there could affect their residents and businesses. That's why they asked for clarification and additional information.

4) Eko Atlantic said that they are yet to get the additional information and clarification that they asked for and therefore they have not yet granted permission or denied permission to Davido.

How can this be difficult to understand when it is written in simple English??

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Gptins(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
olagbola55:

that y wizkid is ahead of ,u can't see wiz behaving like dat

wiz is mature

Yeah... You so right.... I used to like David but these days I have really taken my time to look into his person despite all his bravado and I am keenly dissapointed

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
Wallade:

It is a facility owned by the shareholders of Eko Atlantic City and managed by the respondent (see the letterhead paper.

I still believe the dynamics of the event, security provision and planning can be discussed and arranged by the both parties if the facility manager really wants to deal. They only need to estimate the security cost and advice the client for the purpose of reaching agreement and funding.

It's not a 'facility' so they cannot provide security. And they have exclusive and influential residents. Of course they'll have to meet requirements. Maybe his manager slept off or partied too much and forgot to send in necessary documentation. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
Iamicekid:

Read post wella before quoting u hear..

Mumu na you need understanding...
Now lemme explain in child-like English ....for example...the street or the estate you live is not an event centre but you may decide to hold street carnival isn't it? and that should come with proper approval and planning cos of other residence. The estate manager would usually give such approval...understood ?

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mercy Eke Jumps On Okada, Laments / Teebillz Tests Negative To Cocaine And Every Other Hard Drugs - Freeze / Laura Ikeji Calls Security On Guy Who Stopped at her Home for Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.