Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music (39254 Views)

This Is How To Do Giveaway— Tiktok Lady Knocks Davido Over N300million Charity / Reekado Banks Shades Davido Over Voting (Photos) / Eko Atlantic Replies Davido Over Concert Venue Denial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by saphiere(f): 10:01pm On Apr 11
Popular Nigerian singer, Davido, has come under scrutiny for promoting his music during a time of mourning following the tragic death of Nollywood actor Junior Pope. Criticism has been voiced by Nollywood actor Uche Maduagwu, who questioned the timing of Davido's song release amidst the somber atmosphere surrounding Junior Pope's passing in a boat mishap while returning from a movie shoot.

"This is so insensitive Davido, it's morally wrong for you to be releasing a new song while Nigerians dey mourn Junior Pope. Stop this, what is all this ni tori olorun?", the actor wrote.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5oqJENtg34/?igsh=MWRtMGRteWJ0YXd0aQ==

5 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by immortalcrown(m): 10:09pm On Apr 11
I am not a fan of Davido. I don't have any of his songs on my playlist. I am even against most of the things he uses to catch public attention.

But I think his song release is just a coincidence that should not be treated as a deliberate attempt to disrespect the late "Junior Pope". You can suspend your business just to chase clout without sincerely mourning the dead. You can sincerely mourn the dead without suspending your business. You can suspend your business and sincerely mourn the dead. The sincerity of mourning does not depend on suspension of business. Salutation is not love. Separate business from sentiment. Access Bank didn't go on holiday for even an hour to mourn Herbert Wigwe. If Junior Pope owned SoundCloud, would SoundCloud have gone down for a while because of his death?

Check the difference between Davido and Junior Pope. Davido is a musician, pope was an actor. Davido is a Yoruba with no family connection with Junior Pope who is an Igbo. Junior Pope was not like Cubana Chief Priest and Zubby Michael to Davido.

So, on what ground do you blame Davido? Junior Pope was not a kinsman, tribesman, friend or fellow musician to Davido. Even in Junior Pope's village, people didn't suspend their daily hustles. So, why is a song release by Davido an offense in this case? Did Davido purposely release the song in reaction to the death of Junior Pope? Is the song a diss to Junior Pope?

The same wrong mentality being used to condemn the boreholes Obi donated in the North is exactly what is being used against Davido here. That is the same wrong mentality being used to overhype the same Davido in many entertainment areas. It shows that a larger population of the society bases its judgements on sentiment and emotions, not on facts. I don't mean that Davido should not sympathise with the family of Junior Pope. Davido can postpone the release of his song without being sympathetic about the death of Junior Pope. Davido can release his song and at the same time sincerely sympathize with the family of Junior Pope. If Davido didn't or hasn't sympathised with the family of Junior Pope, attack Davido for that. But don't mix things up unnecessarily.

220 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:25pm On Apr 11
Arobaga:
When this idiot lost his son I know how internet went mute for weeks

SS SE SW North was feeling the heat and crying for his son

Junior pope died this ritualist that sacrifices his cre members at random get mind dey post song wey no make sense

Wizkid you’ll for ever remain my favorite
Davido fk up sha. But let's take it easy with im

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Savedday2: 10:36pm On Apr 11
Maybe na Jnr pope kill him son!

Abeg make unah leave davido , when him go puf Kamala na so we go release double albums.

☮️

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by gaby(m): 10:50pm On Apr 11
Clout chasing Nigerians are bored stiff of life...lol

They are always quick to finding the next trend to jump on...

We saw how much they truly cared about the deceased while they disrespected his remains, snapped away for clout-chasing, and possibly even snuffed whatever life was remaining in him as they milled around him on the river banks.

182 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by saphiere(f): 10:53pm On Apr 11
Arobaga:

Junior pope died this ritualist that sacrifices his cre members at random get mind dey post song wey no make sense

Did you remember how wizkid postponed his album because of davido son?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQx4ZMH7aW8

14 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Nemesis0147(m): 11:33pm On Apr 11
No be davido get song na.
Na Chris brown song….so he should tell Brown when and not when to release his song?

161 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Rokiat(f): 1:50am On Apr 12
Very insensitive of him.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by saphiere(f): 2:23am On Apr 12
Nemesis0147:
No be davido get song na.
Na Chris brown song….so he should tell Brown when and not when to release his song?
Dem point him gun to promote the senseless song?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by meum: 3:11am On Apr 12
Abeg free the guy let him promote the nonsense they sing in the name of music. Wetin be “…dem no ready for me, are you ready for me, Energy like coca!ne…”

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by sulakishop(m): 6:15am On Apr 12
Rip to the dead, let the living breathe!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by OKUCHI11(m): 6:25am On Apr 12
I thought they said he survived it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Nemesis0147(m): 6:57am On Apr 12
saphiere:
Dem point him gun to promote the senseless song?
so if person feature you
Pay you for feature and promotion….you won’t do it?
The same Chris brown that always promotes Davido’s songs even without being featured.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Pepperdemisback: 7:27am On Apr 12
saphiere:
Did you remember how wizkid postponed his album because of davido son?
Even called the baby mamas witches for celebrating their children's birthday the following year.

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Pepperdemisback: 7:31am On Apr 12
Nemesis0147:
so if person feature you
The same Chris brown that always promotes Davido’s songs even without being featured.
People were called out after the son's death and they withdrew while some withdrew and postponed events willingly. Even the baby mamas were called witches and dragged online for celebrating their children's birthday the following year sef. They wanted everyone's life to be at standstill.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Kingluqman(m): 8:00am On Apr 12
So sorry to say oo, Late Pope is not even an A list actor. I don't even know him until his death, maybe because of don't watch Nigerian movies that much. So, Davido might not really know the guy, and his death might not too hit him like that.

Please leave Davido alone, we all know he's a very kind person and no one is above mistakes.

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by BiGVEEN58(m): 8:59am On Apr 12
Lol. See mugu undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by happney65: 9:00am On Apr 12
Arobaga:

Hope when they charge you to court you won't be asking us to beg for you

Omo ode

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by olaolulazio(m): 9:00am On Apr 12
U want Davido to show fake love and sympathy like he knows Pope when he was alive.... E go far o

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by phemmie06(m): 9:00am On Apr 12
All I know is that there are decent ways of doing decent things and decent ways of doing indecent things

3 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by saphiere(f): 9:00am On Apr 12
Nemesis0147:
so if person feature you
So he couldn't wait till after that day? For your information, Brown did not pay David a penny for promotion. The mumu just carry am for head. Inferiority complex dey worry am.

One post I go make for IG that David would be cancelled. Just that for my sister's sake I will forgive him.

7 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Makunahatata: 9:00am On Apr 12
Lol..make una free Obo, person wey die don die

6 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Charmingrascal(m): 9:01am On Apr 12
E be like this one dey mad

11 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by EdiskyHarry: 9:01am On Apr 12
When he lost his son, did Nollywood stop releasing movies?
Jnr pope is gone, there's nothing we can do as humans, life must go on.
The best we can do is to render any help we can to his family.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by ppogba: 9:02am On Apr 12
They should declare that Nigerians should not eat until further notice.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Timoleon(m): 9:02am On Apr 12
Fvck Uche

Who don die don die. All of us wey remain just dey on waiting list. One thing is sure though, the show must go on!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Bigboytinz: 9:02am On Apr 12
Kingluqman:
So sorry to say oo, Late Pope is not even an A list actor. I don't even know him until his death, maybe because of don't watch Nigerian movies that much. So, Davido might not really know the guy, and his death might not too hit him like that.

Please leave Davido alone, we all know he's a very kind person and no one is above mistakes.
hes an alist actor

6 Likes

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by udemzyudex(m): 9:03am On Apr 12
Lol.. Clowns everywhere.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by LiveWire85: 9:03am On Apr 12
Head Shot

1 Like

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by Makunahatata: 9:03am On Apr 12
Rokiat:
Very insensitive of him.
Nollywood no release movies when he lost his child?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jnr Pope: Uche Maduagwu Knocks Davido Over New Music by omoadeleye(m): 9:03am On Apr 12
Lol, shey jnr pop na him brother or son or wetin?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Man I Will Never Marry – Anto Lecky, Ex-BBNaija Housemate Reveals / Actress Adunni Ade Hits The Beach In Sexy Swimsuit (photos) / FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.