Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (91724 Views)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by kaycexx(m): 12:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Don’t behave like speeddarlington

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by dododawa1: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2018
Help me and say HI to zinade when he finally arrived at Manchester United.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
I noticed that you have to settle people at every checkpoint..
My dad has spent 8000 naira already
But it's OK he is in a good mood grin grin
why?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by rOsy247(f): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
We are @ the last checkpoint now I think? undecided

U tall like your dad if he's the one in front of you.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by jonnyrichie(m): 1:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
I noticed that you have to settle people at every checkpoint..
My dad has spent 8000 naira already
But it's OK he is in a good mood grin grin
Dey go b like,,,show me love bro,na only u I fit ask dis kind thing,,,,,, doz guys dey beg for money die
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
[quote author=tizzdi post=74322914][/quote]

Your point??
Or just another kid who strayed out of his kindergarten class.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by chima4UK(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
nitrogen:

Of course, minimum is like 70 to 80 years, and if you don't take time, you might end up staying in a particular country for like 50 years, with near zero travel experience, no experience with other cultures, etc. You just live to wine, dine, fuvk, then rinse and repeat!

Getting married, owning a building and driving a car are not notable achievements, they are normal.
You are a confirmed explorer . Life is too short and becomes more boring if we don't explore the earth .
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by kokorunna(m): 1:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
Stay focus and work hard, you can be an achiever if you want to.

Some parts of London are typical Lagos, don't be caught up in the mess. Motivate yourself, plan your goals as there are many Nigerian achievers in the country

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nicklaus619(m): 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Wow, this is a nice thread, nice one lad, just keep ya eyes on the price, which is getting your educations and making mum and dad proud, trust me wen the time is right, girls will come your way ad u will make your pick but for now focus on your educations. I have seen ya post, and apologies so far continue with it and u will never regret it. Nice one
@TroubleMakerPro
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by enemyofprogress: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
London wey I dey go four times in a week na him you no go let us hear word again, if you come go inside moon na wetin for happen? Abeg park jo

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by ike007(m): 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Izuogu1:
Safe flight.. My America dream must be a reality someday!
. My brother e don teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey wey i dey yan this thing... May God help us realize thus dream in a grand style soon.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
bayocanny:
hmm, if person no travel out of naija before he die, na painful death o

Broz, this is deep oo
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by OMEGA009(m): 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
Was enjoying the memoirs of a young black kid in London until some aprokos and advisers without pay, derailed the thread and made it all about their egos, Google fueled knowledge and unrequested feministic bias.

OP, pls ignore your inboxes cos I know say e go don full by now.

You’re a young man. The world is your stage. Make your mistakes and earn your stripes but better still, learn from the mistakes of others and harness your raging hormones. Good luck

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by enemyofprogress: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
I suppose to be asleep but I can't sleep am so excited..

And please I have questions for those that are in the UK.
1. I'll be starting college as soon as I get there so how hard would it be for me to blend in.

2. I really love my Nigerian accent and I dont want to change like my parents, is this possible?

3. How cold is it because the coat wey dey here no be small oooo
for question number two keep watching Africa magic and it would be well with your accent

7 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by rapid101(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:

Don't worry
I used that Monica because I wanted to imitate Nwamaikpe but later realized that his IQ and madness is on another level grin
Nwamaikpe is d biggest trouble maker I ve ever meet on nairaland grin

Any ways
Wish u all d best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by wayodude(m): 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
wonderful thread. advisers go plenty here o grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by udemzyudex(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
bayocanny:
hmm, if person no travel out of naija before he die, na painful death o

grin for real?

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Satan66(m): 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
Where is protroublemaker cry
I was really excited and hoping to see banana island.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Areaboy2(m): 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2018
Banter1:
brother fuuuuuck them white chicks wella, no dull ya sef o
Thought he said he was 18?.. allow him grow first na before following your advice..
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
Good day guys,

I am 18 and I will be traveling with my sister to live with our parents ( they are UK citizens ), for the first time.

My dad came to pick us up and we will be leaving tomorrow.....

I'll try and post pictures and answers questions....

good that you have left Nigeria. Make sure you get good education and develop your entrepreneurisl skills. At 18, I wished I was advised the following:
1. Make the most of your college days, study, network and volunteer.
2. Look to what will change in your line of profession. The world is changing at such an enormous rate. I got into college with the mindset that oil will forever be relevant and that the industry will keep growing as I was a scholarship recipient by an oil company. Some 14 years on, the oil industry is still strong but it is not as attractive as it used to. Every one was talking offshore offshore, it was the buzz word then but things have changed. Be open to change as it is the constant thing.
3. You are in an environment I call “library”. There are loads of resource that will keep you ahead. Please do manage your time. There are 2 things reading does to me 1. It makes me conversant with the jargons in my industry, keeps me ahead in technical concept 2. It makes me sell myself and ideas well. This means it helps in my communication skills.
4. Do you wish to be rich, do you wish to be a billionaire- please start now, all billionaires on Forbes started around your age, the ones that migrated did around your age. You are in a place where there are many Nigerians, there is a chance the bad ones will want to influence you. Please identify with the Nigerians that are doing good and well. Find ideas and if you are keen on doing well forget about pictures. All the best!

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by bigfather(m): 2:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
Picture of the bus

This place looks like CROYDON ...

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by sawdi: 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
majekdom2:
good that you have left Nigeria. Make sure you get good education and develop your entrepreneurisl skills. At 18, I wished I was advised the following:
1. Make the most of your college days, study, network and volunteer.
2. Look to what will change in your line of profession. The world is changing at such an enormous rate. I got into college with the mindset that oil will forever be relevant and that the industry will keep growing as I was a scholarship recipient by an oil company. Some 14 years on, the oil industry is still strong but it is not as attractive as it used to. Every one was talking offshore offshore, it was the buzz word then but things have changed. Be open to change as it is the constant thing.
3. You are in an environment I call “library”. There are loads of resource that will keep you ahead. Please do manage your time. There are 2 things reading does to me 1. It makes me conversant with the jargons in my industry, keeps me ahead in technical concept 2. It makes me sell myself and ideas well. This means it helps in my communication skills.
4. Do you wish to be rich, do you wish to be a billionaire- please start now, all billionaires on Forbes started around your age, the ones that migrated did around your age. You are in a place where there are many Nigerians, there is a chance the bad ones will want to influence you. Please identify with the Nigerians that are doing good and well. Find ideas and if you are keen on doing well forget about pictures. All the best!

Best advice of 2018

8 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Mariangeles(f): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
We just arrived at murtala Mohammed international airport.
Don't hate us when you get there o!
Good luck !
No harm shall befall you over there.
You shall go and come back in peace with good things.
If you need to pour your heart out because of challenges ( racism and bully attacks ), we're here for you...you are not alone.
If you can't handle it you can always come back home.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Sterope(f): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
1) Quite easy, too many Nigerians

2)I don't you have much control over that. However, moving with Nigerians from home may help you.

3) Overall, not very cold.

TroublemakerPro:
I suppose to be asleep but I can't sleep am so excited..

And please I have questions for those that are in the UK.
1. I'll be starting college as soon as I get there so how hard would it be for me to blend in.

2. I really love my Nigerian accent and I dont want to change like my parents, is this possible?

3. How cold is it because the coat wey dey here no be small oooo

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by tizzdi(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Bidobado1:

Your point??
Or just another kid who strayed out of his kindergarten class.
what make u tink u have better info or advice that his parents cant give?..save it for ur own kids..itchybody

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Neyomickey1: 2:15pm On Dec 31, 2018
TroublemakerPro:
I don't know why I can't upload more pictures angry,

Please note that this is the ikorodu area of London smiley
That's how my dad describes it,
When we get to the banana island of London I'll let you know
I guess you are living around Croydon area, judging by your pictures and tram. Also, “Innit” is not British way of saying “isn’t it” but a street lingo . Listen to LBC and BBC radio 4 to help you grounded in proper English speaking and current affairs. Don’t get carried away with street lingo.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Beautyaddy: 2:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Thread like this is making Nigerians lose focus in the country. Honestly I prefer Canada and Australia to UK because UK and America citizens are always in custody of either knife or Gun and I'm not there to die than to enjoy

Guns are not entirely banned in Canada. They are also face gun violence but not as high as the US.

Now with Australia I think they have somehow banned guns or have place very high restrictions on getting a gun.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Hoodbilonia: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
if u like gp join confra and street gang for uk
dem go stab u to death

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by bigtt76(f): 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
Blessing all the tables for MMIA naaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy

erico2k2:

why?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by erico2k2(m): 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
bigtt76:
Blessing all the tables for MMIA naaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy

E nor need to shaaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

Koronu Ibadan Where People Don't Think (Video, Photos) / The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos / General German Business And Tourist Visas ONLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.