Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (91781 Views)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Mrbigman1(m): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2019
Mizwisdom:

It's good they search, very good. I guess there's a drug alert at the moment. Some pips transiting for Xmas might be carrying.

I sense you have not used the airport or any Nigerian terminal before then you will apologize for this statement.

That shows incompetence on their side. If u scan at ur entrance and doing all those extras searches means you dnt even trust what you have.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by kizyalex10(m): 3:40am On Jan 01, 2019
TroublemakerPro:

That's great just make sure you take chewing gum on the plane because you will be light headed and your ears will feel funny .
But the most important thing is for you to get a thick coat , handgloves and cap
lol d ear part.lol severally but i have the little trick.anytime u feel d pain like datbin urnear.jst yawn it will liberate easily.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by kizyalex10(m): 3:43am On Jan 01, 2019
merahki:

It can get so cold that you have to feel for your ears, from time to time, to be sure they are still there cheesy
Have a happy life ahead

Never change your accent,or name, they should be part of who you are. If they have a problem with you for those, ask them to “ bite me”
Blessings
hahahahahaha d feel forjur ear got me rolling on d floor.i dare nt go iut without head warmer or even gloves.if u try it eh.u re onbur own.its nt even too cold dis year compared to last year.lmao.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by kizyalex10(m): 3:47am On Jan 01, 2019
TroublemakerPro:
Am sorry I could not take more shot of the environment
Because I can't press my phone well due to the cold.

It's soo cold that you'll be seeing the air from your mouth.
And guess what?

My Mom said the weather is nice, and it'll get worse during December.

So all these shots was made in the car
lol bro welcome.atleast u see hw money is plucked from d tree abroad.now u learn hw to appreciate ur parents.is wht we see everyday.am nt in london.but mine is worse i guess

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 3:49am On Jan 01, 2019
Wow, this thread has really blown up,
Uhm first of all Happy new year to you all,

And please I have gotten up to 60 email of people asking questions or wanting to do business with me .
Please I am not a business man thank you.

I love Nigerians ehh

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Just2endowed2(m): 3:59am On Jan 01, 2019
TroublemakerPro:

And please I have gotten up to 60 email of people asking questions or wanting to do business with me .

I love Nigerians ehh

Happy new year to you too. What's the latest
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by geedot: 4:29am On Jan 01, 2019
TroublemakerPro:

I love Nigerians ehh
Lmao �..
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by ike007(m): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2019
TroublemakerPro:

I love Nigerians ehh
Ogbeni, where is the central London photos na...

5 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2019
An interesting thread, I must say. Thanks to the OP and other contributors.
I have read so much from Nigerians who traveled across the Atlantic and the thing that scares me a bit is the possible culture shock and all that first time experiences.
I know I would be leaving this country very soon in a legimate way. I really wanna explore the world, would really wanna see what I have been reading in books..I wanna go to the woods, relax and watch the trees sway . I wanna go to the fields...pluck flowers and fill up my basket with them grin I really wanna feel the rustic living of old England, the ancient castles...just as I have read in books. :Dso help me God...

Life's wonderful...Life's good.

If Nigeria isn't treating you well and you have the means to jet out, pls do. If the abroad isn't favouring you, you can always come back home.

Still Anticipating the Banana Island pics grin

15 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Olalekank(m): 10:17am On Jan 01, 2019
EasternDamsel4:
An interesting thread, I must say. Thanks to the OP and other contributors.
I have read so much from Nigerians who traveled across the Atlantic and the thing that scares me a bit is the possible culture shock and all that first time experiences.
I know I would be leaving this country very soon in a legimate way. I really wanna explore the world, would really wanna see what I have been reading in books..I wanna go to the woods, relax and watch the trees sway . I wanna go to the fields...pluck flowers and fill up my basket with them grin I really wanna feel the rustic living of old England, the ancient castles...just as I have read in books. cheesy so help me God...

Life's wonderful...Life's good.

If Nigeria isn't treating you well and you have the means to jet out, pls do. If the abroad isn't favouring you, you can always come back home.

Still Anticipating the Banana Island pics grin
At the first emboldened, with which time?
Amen to your prayers though.

At the second last paragraph, I agree it's really worth it to leave Nigeria if you can.... Come back where?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
tizzdi:
at this ur age..lol..many are mad few are roaming

Your mother and father are mad... Your siblings are roaming in 2019. Welcome.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Mizwisdom(f): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mrbigman1:

I sense you have not used the airport or any Nigerian terminal before then you will apologize for this statement.

Do you have to be condescending?

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Olalekank:

At the first emboldened, with which time?
Amen to your prayers though.

At the second last paragraph, I agree it's really worth it to leave Nigeria if you can.... Come back where?
The time will definitely come. I am very optimistic, here.

Yeah they should come back home. Believe you me Some pple are better off in Nigeria than overseas.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Op we still anticipating your banana island pix.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Penboy:
Bro's... Men, thank God for your life oh.
But I get one assignment for you.

Help me get info about their health system there.
How easy e dey for Nigerian doctors to work there?
Doctors average pay and job opportunities.

because I wan Jand after my final MB exam.
Haven't you heard about PLAB?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
TroublemakerPro:
Good day guys,

I am 18 and I will be traveling with my sister to live with our parents ( they are UK citizens ), for the first time.

My dad came to pick us up and we will be leaving tomorrow.....

I'll try and post pictures and answers questions....

Awwwww, this just gladdened my heart.
Reading your subsequent exchange here has shown that you are grounded and polite.
Lived in the UK for just 3rys a while back when I was a kid cos of my dad. Fond memories and some culture shock, but a part of that life sticks with you. Although UK (we stayed in Surrey) and especially London has changed a lot since the 1980s, so I would advice that you keep a low profile, stay within the law, avoid arguments with locals - UK has a terrible gang culture especially against immigrants and blacks. You will do great.
Here is wishing you the best as you start this new chapter in your life. Congrats kid!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by MOSICATED5(m): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
See as body dey sweet me like say Na.me dey go London. Once I just hear airport, plan , visa, boarding Kia I go just dey melt. Lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by tizzdi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Bidobado1:

Your mother and father are mad... Your siblings are roaming in 2019. Welcome.
am sure we already know who’s mad between us lol..have a nice year ahead

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mrbigman1:

If u use Lagos airport and use other airports around the world you will never come back.

I went to Istanbul for my Xmas holidays guess what?
I was never searched. On returning to Berlin, guess
What? I was never searched. But when I traveled through Lagos, I was searched 8 times like a core criminal yet I settled till I boarded. Even in the toilet the old women were begging.

Shame catch me Enter toe
Lol
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by CDCEO001: 9:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
What happened to the boxing day pictures of Banana Island of London that was supposed to be posted on the 26th Dec.?

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Adapapaokoye: 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
Na by force to post picture?
Let him be abeg
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by sahm4u2nv(m): 12:23am On Jan 02, 2019
I wish you a nice stay

Stay safe
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Penboy: 1:47am On Jan 02, 2019
Ajet001:
Haven't you heard about PLAB?
I don't have much information about it Oh. You know someone who has written?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Lastpharoah33: 9:10am On Jan 02, 2019
Make I kuku pinch my tent hia.... grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by uvalentine2003(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2019
Season greetings ��
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
CDCEO001:
What happened to the boxing day pictures of Banana Island of London that was supposed to be posted on the 26th Dec.?
maybe he got too cold to even venture outside. grin grin

It's bloody cold, besides most people stay indoors on boxing day here in England.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
He says he is a good boy? grin yea right! wait till i come across you in pekham, you must surely join my Gang.

Good boy or not, you think Gangsters are bad people?
Some times man dem don't even know say dem dey inna Gangs, You could be hanging out wif mates near a chicken and chips shops without knowing tha people see yous are gangsters. grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2019
Neyomickey1:

I guess you are living around Croydon area, judging by your pictures and tram. Also, “Innit” is not British way of saying “isn’t it” but a street lingo . Listen to LBC and BBC radio 4 to help you grounded in proper English speaking and current affairs. Don’t get carried away with street lingo.
LBC? James o brien doesn't sound posh if that's what you meant, Not even Nick ferrari.. grin

Try Jacob rees mog.

LBC my favourite Radio station.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
Nice thread. See why don't like reading all this travel diaries, it usually takes like forever to update readers.

I don't want to start this year with my current moniker, I want to tweak it. Please who should I submit my request to.

Cc justwise seun puskin mydd99 etal.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Neyomickey1: 12:18am On Jan 03, 2019
gypsey:
LBC? James o brien doesn't sound posh if that's what you meant, Not even Nick ferrari.. grin

Try Jacob rees mog.

LBC my favourite Radio station.
I do not think I used the word “posh” or made reference to it in my assertion. Saying LBC is your favourite radio station, that means both of us can find a common ground.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Twizzy30(m): 12:30am On Jan 03, 2019
Penboy:
Bro's... Men, thank God for your life oh.
But I get one assignment for you.

Help me get info about their health system there.
How easy e dey for Nigerian doctors to work there?
Doctors average pay and job opportunities.

because I wan Jand after my final MB exam.
i think you should talk to nahinbidis. he's a Nigerian Doctor in London. I follow his diary
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2019
Neyomickey1:

I do not think I used the word “posh” or made reference to it in my assertion. Saying LBC is your favourite radio station, that means both of us can find a common ground.
No, you didn't. i was just been sarcastic.

i listen to LBC every day. I Enjoy politics too. yes i believe we can. I respect anyone who listens to LBC.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos / Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.