Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (91797 Views)

I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by BRAINNY(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
MOSICATED5:
See as body dey sweet me like say Na.me dey go London. Once I just hear airport, plan , visa, boarding Kia I go just dey melt. Lol

This one weak me. You cracked me up really hard. I'll be leaving for Scotland too by Mid January for a postgraduate programme. Only one thing though, the cold.

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
BRAINNY:

This one weak me. You cracked me up really hard. I'll be leaving for Scotland too by Mid January for a postgraduate programme. Only one thing though, the cold.
which part of scotland will you be heading? Anyway it wouldn't matter. Every part of scotland is cold and remote. Even in the summer, Every were is a Village except Glasgow. Even I born and bred here in England find it difficult understanding scottish people.

Good luck! grin

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by koliks(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
BRAINNY:

. Good evening, are you leaving on the basis of scholarship or you are paying for your tuition yourself??

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by MOSICATED5(m): 9:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
BRAINNY:

fold me for Ur bag carry along lol. I'm happy to hear this as earlier stated, I love news that has to do with traveling Abroad. I wish U the best in Ur PG. What are u going to study??
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by MOSICATED5(m): 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
gypsey:
which part of scotland will be heading? Anyway wouldn't matter. Every part of scotland is cold and remote. Even in the summer, Every were is a Village except Glasgow. Even I born and bred here in England find it difficult understanding scottish people.

Good luck! grin

when u say understanding them are u talking about their accent ?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
MOSICATED5:
when u say understanding them are u talking about their accent ?
Yes! their Accent sounds different from An English (England) Accent.

Some of them are even Racists to Us Englanders. Even tnough we are all UK citizens.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by olumig(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
TroublemakerPro:
I don't know why I can't upload more pictures angry,

Please note that this is the ikorodu area of London smiley
That's how my dad describes it,
When we get to the banana island of London I'll let you know
Haba wetin u mean, ikorodu na fine place o
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by MOSICATED5(m): 7:08am On Jan 04, 2019
gypsey:
Yes! their Accent sounds different from An English (England) Accent.

Some of them are even Racists to Us Englanders. Even tnough we are all UK citizens.
wow thanks for letting me know. It sounds strange to me though. Well I hope to visit this places one day soon
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2019
Lexusgs430:

And if buildings are not listed, and they fall apart beyond redemption. They usually get pulled down. The interesting thing is, in most cases, the building torn down, must be replaced with an identical looking replacement. So you might never even know that a structure is brand new ........
this one weak me o grin

I wan go rondon cry
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2019
Tominiola:

I wouldn't say they are lying. Lets be honest. There is nothing here. England as a whole is expensive. Like you suggested America is better. America is where you will find a lot of opportunities.
One of my dream sad

It shall come to pass, I believe !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by STENON(f): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2019
I should be entering London in the next 5 hours... still enjoying my stopover for few hours at Paris thou

8 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
londoner:

An accent is not something you can fake or force without it sounding obvious to the people who are from the UK. Also I hope you're not going to end up being yet another Nigerian boy/man that disgraces the name if Nigeria because he cant keep it in his trousers. You've been given an opportunity that many are literally dying for every day don't waste it.

Good one
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Olalekank(m): 1:31pm On Jan 05, 2019
STENON:
I should be entering London in the next 5 hours... still enjoying my stopover for few hours at Paris thou
6:30 Nigerian time
5:30 London time.

Can you open a diary in the Diary section to share your experience?
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

Young lady, was your moniker mentioned?
Chu Chu Chu
calm down ma'am

feminism is a bad thing !

2 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 2:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
enemyofprogress:
London wey I dey go four times in a week na him you no go let us hear word again, if you come go inside moon na wetin for happen? Abeg park jo
enemyofprogress indeed grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
ike007:
miss lecturer...

Please for the fact that you are a citizen of a higher society, doesn't mean that you should come
here and belittle
... You have said your bit. Leave it there... We are here to view and enjoy the pictures. Please stop turning this thread to gloom. Enjoy your trip to the states bye bye.
Sounds like you are Jeolous here grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Indomie001: 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2019
tizzdi:
am sure we already know who’s mad between us lol..have a nice year ahead
Gbam ! see maturity here grin
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by STENON(f): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
Olalekank:

6:30 Nigerian time
5:30 London time.

Can you open a diary in the Diary section to share your experience?
lols...I am not good at keeping history.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by ike007(m): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
Indomie001:
Sounds like you are Jeolous here grin

No na.. She is spoiling the fun
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
Indomie001:
calm down ma'am

feminism is a bad thing !
What's the meaning of this?
Please young man, this is 2019.
Old things stay in the old.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Olalekank(m): 12:36am On Jan 06, 2019
ferhyntorlah:

What's the meaning of this?

Please young man, this is 2019.

Old things stay in the old.
Old woman, calm down

1 Like

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 7:06am On Jan 09, 2019
Wow it's been a while.
Sorry for not posting, the messages I have been getting since this thread got to FP was overwhelming.
Now that things has calmed down let me give a quick recap of what has happened so far..

* I won't be able to start school till September so I am taking an apprenticeship course in college starting from today.

*the new year has been OK so far, but Klopp decided to spoil it mtchew..... Anyhow YNWA

*I TOOK THE DOUBLE DECKER BUS YESTERDAY TO MASTER THE ROAD TO THE COLLEGE

*I put on a Lot of weight but since I'm 6"4 I still look fit.

* I got an oyster card

* got a bag , stationery

* I could not sleep last night and I got to leave at 7:30 on a 1 hour journey.

I WILL UPLOAD PICTURES OF THE JOURNEY WHEN I GET BACK

8 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2019
Please to those of you that studied in UK, I need tips oooooo thanks

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TissuePaper: 7:08am On Jan 09, 2019
TroublemakerPro:
Wow it's been a while.
Sorry for not posting, the messages I have been getting since this thread got to FP was overwhelming.
Now that things has calmed down let me give a quick recap of what has happened so far..

* I won't be able to start school till September so I am taking an apprenticeship course in college starting from today.

*the new year has been OK so far, but Klopp decided to spoil it mtchew..... Anyhow YNWA

*I TOOK THE DOUBLE DECKER BUS YESTERDAY TO MASTER THE ROAD TO THE COLLEGE

*I put on a Lot of weight but since I'm 6"4 I still look fit.

* I got an oyster card

* got a bag , stationery

* I could not sleep last night and I got to leave at 7:30 on a 1 hour journey.
keep it blazing boss
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Lexusgs430: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2019
TroublemakerPro:
Please to those of you that studied in UK, I need tips oooooo thanks

No special tips, just read properly, and attend all your lectures + classes .......

If you are handed an assignment due in 4 months time, start it almost immediately, do your research, never plagiarise and always reference your assignments ..................

5 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Omo it was freezing today minus 1 degree .

Picture of my school area

4 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2019
B

3 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
chai! C as evrywhr fresh! Guy, reason us wetin happen today
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2019
hw de skul dey? Tell us abt am.
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by Tominiola: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2019
Indomie001:
One of my dream sad

It shall come to pass, I believe !

And so shall it be in Jesus name.

11 Likes

Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 6:20am On Jan 10, 2019
Dmpaul:
hw de skul dey?
Tell us abt am.

OK check below
Re: I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... by TroublemakerPro: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2019
First impression of school in UK.

*CULTURE SHOCK IS REAL OOOOO

* The teachers were extremely nice and ready to help when they heard I was an immigrant.

* over here (college) it's either you call your teachers sir or ma, or by their first name, I was shocked when 16 and 18 yr olds were calling a 50 year old man TOM.
AHH the thing pain me small.

*the class was pretty advanced with a computer for each student and another big one for the teacher to use as a board,

* the school has like 8 ish story building.

*There are cameras everywhere (except the toilet)

*there is a library with books and computers too but most people use it to check social media instead of reading.

* table soccer, poker table and table tennis is available. (i wanted to trash some people in table tennis but I humbled myself) grin

* KFC, Starbucks , MacDonald e.t.c is available

* there are elevators ( but I'm taking the stairs I need to lose some chicken weight )

* a place to smoke ( stay with me)

* couches to chill with your lover ( words from their mouth)

* kitchens, labs, e. T. C

And that is for the building I'm on because the school has 3 building s of the same size

I still don't believe that it's free.

I'LL DISCUSS ABOUT THE OYIBO CLASSMATE SOON BELOW

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

The Untapped Islands in Akwa Ibom State....photos / Corporate Lagos Conductor: The Best Dressed Danfo Conductor You've Ever Seen? / 10 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.