Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (949 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by patemy: 2:47am On Nov 15, 2018
I live in the north relocated there not up to a year with my family. In my compound there is this Hausa woman second wife to an alhahi and very very troublesome, whenever she has a little issue with a neighbor she goes to her family house to gather all her relatives to come and harass the person just because they are indigenes and her family house is just a stone throw away. She recently had an issue with my wife and went to call her family claiming that I myself beat her up and my wife was chasing her with a knife to kill her I even had to call the husband to tell him to call his wife to order but the guy was backing his wife I have reported the issue to the local police but they didn’t do anything even after the wife brought her family thugs to come and harass us up to the point of breaking our house windows now I don’t feel safe in my house again and I can’t afford to move to a new place for now. Please I need advice on what my next step should be.
There are only four apartments in the compound one of the tenants just moved out because of this same issue so right now we are only 3 tenants in the compound the third just moved in not up to a month.
Re: Advice Needed by dingbang(m): 3:29am On Nov 15, 2018
Advice your wife not to have any dealings with that woman, you people should try to avoid trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by ahnie: 3:29am On Nov 15, 2018
Take your family elsewhere for the time being,sublet your house out and MOVE OUT.
I can authoritatively tell you that....you might not like their next attack.

Sorry to say this...but that's the glaring truth.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by babythug(f): 3:50am On Nov 15, 2018
Godmother:
Someone needs to cal her to order. I can't believe the police did nothing about her case. Please, report her second time and then a third until they take you serious.

Simple Tricks to Make Your Perfume Last all Day

The police aren’t likely to take them serious if they’re not from that tribe or religion!

The north is quite volatile these days and little things like this can escalate far beyond “Neighbour to Neighbour” squabbles!

He should avoid the Neighbour more until he can move out

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by blessedvisky(m): 4:33am On Nov 15, 2018
babythug:

The police aren’t likely to take them serious if they’re not from that tribe or religion!

The north is quite volatile these days and little things like this can escalate far beyond “Neighbour to Neighbour” squabbles!

The North has always and will always be volatile and bigoted as long as they refuse to accept proper education.

Op, the police can but won't help you. Infact you are lucky they haven't accused you of blasphemy and being an infidel.

My advice, avoid her as best as you can. This might be difficult if she's the type that deliberately looks for trouble.

If you can't act her trouble, it's either you go away from there or you make her go away... Don't ask me how

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by baby124: 4:35am On Nov 15, 2018
You don’t have landlord? What kind of yeye story is this? Just call your landlord that he should tell the husband to repair your broken windows and replace all you lost in the fight or he should give you your rent money back as you don’t feel safe in his house. Trust me, those people will not try you again because the landlord will deal with them. If theybown the house please pack out.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by NoToPile: 4:35am On Nov 15, 2018
Quite a strange behaviour from a female northerner, they generally not troublesome people except religion is involved.

Abeg move out before she says you desecrated her religion or something and calls the mob to attack you. That sort of person can set you up and she might pull the trigger of religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed by patemy: 5:52am On Nov 15, 2018
dingbang:
Advice your wife not to have any dealings with that woman, you people should try to avoid trouble.
I have already adviced my wife to stay away from them but the woman deliberately goes out of her way to look for trouble like putting her 3 year old child’s poo in her waste bin and keeping the waste bin near our windows
Re: Advice Needed by patemy: 5:54am On Nov 15, 2018
The
baby124:
You don’t have landlord? What kind of yeye story is this? Just call your landlord that he should tell the husband to repair your broken windows and replace all you lost in the fight or he should give you your rent money back as you don’t feel safe in his house. Trust me, those people will not try you again because the landlord will deal with them. If theybown the house please pack out.
The landlord is aware as several tenants have reported to him but it seems he is powerless to do anything always coming to preach for peace
Re: Advice Needed by patemy: 5:57am On Nov 15, 2018
ahnie:
Take your family elsewhere for the time being,sublet your house out and MOVE OUT.
I can authoritatively tell you that....you might not like their next attack.

Sorry to say this...but that's the glaring truth.
Thanks but the truth is I can’t afford to move out now due to financial constraints but Ian really working towards that
Re: Advice Needed by patemy: 6:02am On Nov 15, 2018
NoToPile:
Quite a strange behaviour from a female northerner, they generally not troublesome people except religion is involved.

Abeg move out before she says you desecrated her religion or something and calls the mob to attack you. That sort of person can set you up and she might pull the trigger of religion.
That is just what Ian afraid of don’t want anything happening to my family because this woman is really devilish and can lie very fluently and convincingly if she can falsely accuse us of beating her up and chasing her with a knife who knows what other false accusations she may come up with and the worst part is that she has sisters that would always come to backup her false allegations
Re: Advice Needed by patemy: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2018
babythug:

Iam thinking of going to report this issue to the dss but my landlord is too afraid to back me up and I don’t know if it would yield any positive result
Re: Advice Needed by Triniti(m): 7:28am On Nov 15, 2018
Borrow money from anywhere possible and pack out of that house, if not, these guys might waste your life soon. Put this as your topmost priority, run for your dear life, except your life and that of your family is not something you cherish. You think the neighbor that packed out be mumu??

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed by ifyalways(f): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2018
1. In this present Nigeria, if you are neither a Northerner by birth nor a Muslim, residing in the North for whatever reason is at your risk.

2. The woman could be working in tandem with the landlord. She gives the tenants wahala,the tenant moves before rent expiration. New tenant moves in; fresh money.

3. The police, army or village head cannot help you if you are not one of them by birth or religion.

If you value your family's lives, you'd forfeit the rent and move out. Go stay anywhere but that house.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Noble3264: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2018
It would be in your best interest to move out ASAP ,try talking to your spiritual leader and see if some form of relief can come out(cash to get a new place even if it is borrowed or someone volunteering to give u a place until you are strong enough) because most northerners don't forgive the always look for the slightest opportunity to get back at you and trust me its always bloody.please for the sake of your family leave that place at all cost
Re: Advice Needed by baby124: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
patemy:

The
The landlord is aware as several tenants have reported to him but it seems he is powerless to do anything always coming to preach for peace
Go to the police and get a police report. Notify the landlord and ensure that you tell him that you want your deposit back. Make sure you quietly record everything. Once she starts fight again, make sure you record them on video and then send it to media outlets. Trust me, shame will force her to stop that nonsense if she’s the landlords tout. Start looking for a new place to move to.
Re: Advice Needed by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
Just MOVE OUT!!!
Re: Advice Needed by eniolorunfe: 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
Unfortunately, most northerners don't value lives as much as Southerners. For this reason alone and to avoid stories that touch, I will advise you move your family to a safe place first before any other thing.

Look for family or friend to accommodate them (even if it's outside the state) or lend you some cash to sort them out while you source for more funds or get a refund from the landlord.

Be WISE!!!
Re: Advice Needed by Boss13: 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
ifyalways:
1. In this present Nigeria, if you are neither a Northerner by birth nor a Muslim, residing in the North for whatever reason is at your risk.

2. The woman could be working in tandem with the landlord. She gives the tenants wahala,the tenant moves before rent expiration. New tenant moves in; fresh money.

3. The police, army or village head cannot help you if you are not one of them by birth or religion.

If you value your family's lives, you'd forfeit the rent and move out. Go stay anywhere but that house.

Goodluck

Kai this is possible because why can’t the landlord address the issue squarely
Re: Advice Needed by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2018
patemy:
I live in the north relocated there not up to a year with my family. In my compound there is this Hausa woman second wife to an alhahi and very very troublesome, whenever she has a little issue with a neighbor she goes to her family house to gather all her relatives to come and harass the person just because they are indigenes and her family house is just a stone throw away. She recently had an issue with my wife and went to call her family claiming that I myself beat her up and my wife was chasing her with a knife to kill her I even had to call the husband to tell him to call his wife to order but the guy was backing his wife I have reported the issue to the local police but they didn’t do anything even after the wife brought her family thugs to come and harass us up to the point of breaking our house windows now I don’t feel safe in my house again and I can’t afford to move to a new place for now. Please I need advice on what my next step should be.
There are only four apartments in the compound one of the tenants just moved out because of this same issue so right now we are only 3 tenants in the compound the third just moved in not up to a month.

Which issue did your wife have with her? Is your wife guilty? Have you called your own wife to order and asked her to avoid the trouble maker?
We have only heard one side of the report. There is a likelihood you are a trouble maker yourself.

Before you go to the DSS what eveidence/proof do you have that it was her thugs that broke your glasses? In case of next time record her or her people in the act of the violence with your phone as undeniable proof.

Also be aware of the consequences you may be inviting upon yourself and family by reporting them and locking her up. Northerners are inherently violent by nature and you may expose yourself to danger. Yet in the long run she would likely walk away free because whether military or DSS the northerners will protect their own against an outsider regardless.

(1) (Reply)

Disturbing History Of Enslaved Mother Forced To Breastfeed White Babies In 1600 / Shocking: Why Most Husbands In Africa Die Before Their Wives / Happy Birthday To My Best Friend My Daughter Is Plus 1today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.