Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,102 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY (18375 Views)

Please Recommend A Good Laptop For Me To Start My Coding / Starting A Life In Programing, 5 Things To Know As A Fresher / When Does A Beginner Become A Programmer, And Should Start Applying For Jobs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 3:12pm On May 11, 2019
my Pseudocode are done on plain paper with a pencil not ink pen cos i will want to clean and rewrite .

this process also let me learn some keywords of hand, so reserve words that i do relent on my IDE intelisense to popup for me now stays in my head...not important really but it helpful and help me excercise my brain more.
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by IniUbom(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2019
Oga dev: carry your pen Waka dey go o! We dey w8...
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by FlutterDollar99(m): 11:34am On May 26, 2019
Following
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by gbolly1151(m): 12:15am On Nov 24, 2019
Logical errors are frustrating than syntax error most time
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Maskyy(m): 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
ensodev:
my Pseudocode are done on plain paper with a pencil not ink pen cos i will want to clean and rewrite .

this process also let me learn some keywords of hand, so reserve words that i do relent on my IDE intelisense to popup for me now stays in my head...not important really but it helpful and help me excercise my brain more.

This is my WhatsApp number 07016543752. A web dev front end guy.

Pls beep me hi. I need your help

Or rather text your digit here
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 1:26am On Jan 23, 2020
2020...I plan to help as many as i can

I really dont know much as a web developer. But with the few knowledge i have the following are my plan for 2020.

1. Help more people to become a programmer by teaching for free as many as i can.

2. Helping small scale business to have internet presence as fast as possible with quality and custom made application.

3. Making Ensodev Technology an international brand with easy and negotiable I.T deal.

The question here is, how do you fit into my plan this year.

You want to learn programming. Contact me
You want to infomation concerning I.T. Contant me
Your company needs a custom website/application. Contact me

Pillerz@pillersmaker.com.ng
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Soleye24(m): 9:55am On Jan 28, 2020
K
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by martinz1: 12:55am On Jan 31, 2020
ensodev:

I really dont know much as a web developer. But with the few knowledge i have the following are my plan for 2020.

1. Help more people to become a programmer by teaching for free as many as i can.

2. Helping small scale business to have internet presence as fast as possible with quality and custom made application.

3. Making Ensodev Technology an international brand with easy and negotiable I.T deal.

which database management program is better, mysql sql or postgresql
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by wisdomremz(m): 11:31am On Feb 02, 2020
martinz1:

which database management program is better, mysql sql or postgresql

all are great... inexpensive...
you could download Microsoft sql server express 2017 for free, afterwards you can download n install the studio... This is what I use, though I have postgresql.
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Eaugusta(f): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
ensodev:

I'm a beginner, how can you help me plssss
Couldn't join the WhatsApp group(0 7 0 3 5 2 8 3 1 1 9)

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Eaugusta(f): 6:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
ensodev:

'm a beginner, how can you help me plssss
Couldn't join the WhatsApp group(0 7 0 3 5 2 8 3 1 1 9)
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
Free web designing tutorial, you will learn all this for free without anybody asking you to pay #1 naira.

Html5
Css3
Javascript (latest js)
Php7+ oop
Python oop
Bootstrap
W3css
Vue
react
Github
5 template engines
Laravel
Slim
Flask
Django

To join the whatapp group email us on.

pillerz@pillersmaker.com.ng

Or joing the group

https: // chat. whatsapp. com/G1XtaeD9MqZ1kTfAkN8zsT

Copy and close all the space in the link, place in your browser address bar the cli ck go or enter.

It free and will forever be free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
One of the things I learnt in programming is the big differences between I can do it, doing it and I did it.

The truth is you will never know that difference until you try building something with the few you know now.
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
Sorry, I left the tread for a long time. Yeah a lot has happened to me and am still going to share.

First, I thank God that am still alive and health.

Yeah, Ensodev technology drop a product November last year and since then have been very busy struggling with how to make the product work at it peak.

The product name is called Pillersmaker. The focus of pillersmaker is build a community to help upcoming businesses and individual to achieve anything in with a very short time without experiencing much of what it would have been it you are not part of pillersmaker community.

Note not am not here to advertise pillersmaker, am here to share my experience about how I started it and where we are and the real purpose of pillersmaker. Though advertising the brand is not bad but it's in it infant and we presently target few set of people .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
More reason I want to share these here is that I want to encourage upcoming programmers the more.

The whole idea started because I love to help people but have not being able to do it the way I really want until last year that I believe I have enough knowledge and other things I can impact people's life with. am not saying am good or the best in this those things but atleast I can teach what I know and give out of few that I have.
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
So I decided to start putting down my ideas, the first thing I realize was I don't want to let anything out also I want to exercise all my programming skills to build the site.

I use jQuery, pure JavaScript, pure php, MySQL, css, 2 css framework.

So I started building base on the idea on my head.

After about a week I discovered it could take forever to build what I intend building with pure php. The following are what I intend to have on the site.

1. login system
2. Registration system
3. Mini social media function. Where users can private send each other messages and also where user will have to send and approve connection request.
4. Post like function, where a user can post something that everyone can see.
5.profile
6.Image uploading
7.wallet. user will be able to send value to each other's
8. Password request and security
9. Security. I want to implement 3 level ofsecurity where to prevent users wallet, account, post
10. Chat system. I call it chat tray
11. shop
12. Job
13. Internal messaging
14. Email system
15. Vote, like and dislike
16. And more, I can always add to list if I remember

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
Realizing that pure PHP will take much of my time and I will have to build more class and modules to quick things up myself first get me down for about a week but I realise, it my site, it my idea and I can always use anything am comfortable with.

I divided not to be lasy and see how far I can go with pure PHP myself to build a real web app that will atleast be 90percent error free.

So I move on. As at that time am not a fan of JS so my design stick much with php that's more trouble but I move on.

The game actually change more from me wanting to build something to help other but what can I do with those tech that I think I know.

Note that as at the time I really don't like php frameworks, I believe they make things easy to build but they break thing easily for you in future without telling you, it just a matter of an upgrade or update that the truble will show it self and most time it not always a easy joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
I moved on building day to day, then I can't a month so I decided to get a domin name and hosting package. I decided to use hostnownow as have been using them for long and I really like them.

Uploading my work and I decided to view the site I got load of error. As at that time I feel like why are the page loading on my computer and not online.

The following are few things you have to note to note be in that situation.

1. Make sure you know the version of php you are working on and the version of php preset on your hosting company computer

2. File naming convention, on window if you name your file like public and you refer to it in your program as Public it will work fine but that's an error on any Linux base operating system.

Mind you most servers runs on Linux os

3. Change your database credentials

4. Php is a great language and you must know how to set you php in file for what you want.

There are more but I can't type that much I will update this list later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
I was able to fix some of this errors easily but there is this particular error that I found so difficult to trace, until I decided to leave the project and download WordPress source code file.

I scatter and read the source code, I found lots of professional ways of writing PHP and handling things. To be that part is the most difficult but the best part of my journey while I was designing the pillersmaker website.

I spend day looking around WordPress source code.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
I fix all the problem then lunch the web online and it work perfectly, as at the time I have about 20 files
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Then I decided to start all over again, because I believe I now better than the way I started. I left that crappy codes that I have written then start afresh.

More ideas keep flowinging into my head about functionalities that I should add to the site, so thing start getting complicated.

That's what happen when you let your skill get in the way of the real assignment and that's the major mistake I will say I made on pillersmaker site.

The site is loaded with almost all the things I thing I will like to implement with my skills and but more than what the project itself needs
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
Day by day I wake up to say, why don't you add this, add like button, add dislike button, let users approve before send message to other user.

Then it begin to turn out to be a serious thing that I must give a good touch daily.

Another challenges come in when I was designing the chat tray, I use jQuery so I have to learn jQuery that presently I don't need it any more, I presently can handle such with pure js.
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
pillersmaker@pillersmaker.com.ng
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Anonime1105(m): 6:01am On Apr 05, 2020
ensodev:
LAY A GOOD PROGRAMMING FOUNDATION

If you just wrote your first HELLO WORLD it actually worth celebrating because thats is what you will build your other programming success on, it a foundation that need to be solid.

Tips for Granded Programming Fiundation

1. Learn the basic and practice more.
2. Use more than on resources for learning, in programming you can do one thing in many ways. In PHP you can do one thing in a million ways lol.
3. Dont try to cram/or memorize or you know what i mean. Practice and let your fingers direct your mind as much as you do it daily it will flow naturally.
4. Understanding the concept is far better than trying hard to cram a code. Understand the reason this have to come before that and why that have to wait till this is done. Failure to do this leads to frustration in programming career. You can always go back to you snippet, to check the code. but get the concept first.
When the use of a thing is not know, you will abuse it many ways and many times.
5. Develop something with any new tech you learn..just try to make something out of the little you just leart. Possibly you just learnt variable and operators, try to convert some fomulars you already know and do something with them.
6. Dont under estimate the power of a little code snippet you've not master. Save it in a file go over it time without number until it get saved in your mind dont stop and dont ever store it in your head.
7. Join a community online. Have learnt from Nairalander and here am i today trying to help others too. Dont underestimate the power of a good community. Note:
9. Dont just read pdf, watch videos, read documentaion if you really want to be a professional. Thats one of the difference between a profesional and other. A good programming language will always have a great documentation.Videos are good when you have mastered the basics very well.
10. If you have a chance get a mentor or a physical meetups with programmers it helps.Note, am of the believe that you can only put someone through programing the learning and underatanding depends on the person themselves. JUST MY OPINION.
11. No matter how little you know try and get into the habit of teching and putting other through. dont forget in the process of washing a cloth you are also washing your hands, you dont know how much you know and understand programming until you start teaching, dialoging and communicating it.

Feel free to add to this list.

I love these tips
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Anonime1105(m): 6:10am On Apr 05, 2020
ensodev:
Sorry, I left the tread for a long time. Yeah a lot has happened to me and am still going to share.

Yeah, Ensodev technology drop a product November last year and since then have been very busy struggling with how to make the product work at it peak.

The product name is called Pillersmaker. The focus of pillersmaker is build a community to help upcoming businesses and individual to achieve anything in with a very short time without experiencing much of what it would have been it you are not part of pillersmaker community.

Note not am not here to advertise pillersmaker, am here to share my experience about how I started it and where we are and the real purpose of pillersmaker. Though advertising the brand is not bad but it's in it infant and we presently target few set of people .

It's good that you are back, I was following your thread before you left
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Yomiie: 3:24am On Apr 06, 2020
ensodev:

Nice thread, programmers learn everyday, different version of PHP rolling in every year, and you must keep yourself updated with the latest trends, it is not easy... I love OOP tho, one can perform wonders using that stuff... Your whatsapp group link is not working
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
Framework seems essential to build fast and kinda make thing easier for other programmers to read and follow your code, presently am redesigning the site with a framework called slim framwork.

Slim is just a mini or micro PHP framwork powerful and gives you more control over whatever you want to do and how you want to do it, unlike Laravel that has it way of doing things that you have to follow.

Some programmer have said slim is just a route app I don't say otherwise but everything lavarel can do slim can do by bringing necessary modules into you apps.

At the early state of my programming career I did not give UI and UX into much look, also JavaScript but building an enterprise site from scratch to finish let me understand the you can't say no to king JS if you really want your product to look good.

Also I will want incoming programmers to know that know body will help you to do what you have to do so you better start doing whatever you ever wanted to do now else you will never do anything.

There are much to say that came my way while building the site but the above are just the reasonable challenges and expirence I faced.

Some of other things I face but can't talk much about are.

1. Changing of machines
2. Installation challenges
3. Internet challenges
4. Accurate information when needed asap
5. Comfort of programming environment
6. Sleepless nights base on research
7. Productivity base on facilities
8. Lose of interest in other things except my project
9. Health and emotion
10. More and more

I will love to take those stuffs one after the other but no time ooo.

Let me know if you will like me to talk on how those things in the list affect and enhances my productivity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by ensodev(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2020
My next post will be on the function of the site, what we do and how we do it, our office and what have made out of the project in terms of profit.
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by adun99(f): 11:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Good piece here, I would like to be thought Js, already have basic knowledge of html and CSS, my no is 07038158111
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 08, 2020
Good day sir
I came across this thread yesterday and went through it from the begining, thanks for the knowledge shared
I have passion for programming but don't yet have a laptop, i hope to get one soon
I will really need your help as i set begin my journey in programming..
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Geozion(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2020
Partner with a Nigerian Forum Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”.

08071056345 watzap
Re: Things you need to know as an upcoming programmer and MY CODING DAIRY by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Css seems to be a tough nut.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Need Help On How To Avoid Burnout / Why I Dumped Wordpress As A CMS (my Experience) / Coding Looks Cool.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.