Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! (12394 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Her Ex Is Finer And Richer Than I Am..please Help!!! / I Impregnated Our Maid Because My Banker Wife Was Never Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 2:07pm On Aug 07, 2010
swifty, when the mods 'un-ban' you, continue with your story or if it has moved somewhere else, especially to another social networking site, pls let us know asap
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by evertrue: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2010
swifty, gosh u'r a wonderful story teller, pls send the remaining part to unogwuco@gmail.com. thanks alot.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by folalag: 11:32am On Aug 08, 2010
Pls can you continue this story for Gods sake we are waiting for you d great man x
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by ubongekpe(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2010
Pls am really soliciting that u sent me the remaining part of the story from the last point u stop via my email addy, ubtosar06@yahoo.com

I do not know why NL should ban u. Keep on. Cheers
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by donex: 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2010
I am yet to come to terms on why you should be banned for posting an article on a forum and to make matter worst, a concluding part to an article that has been on air for some days. But for any reason(s) you cant post again and decide to share via email, Please, you can drop the concluding part here i.aniekere@yahoo.com for me.

Thanks
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by LFJ: 2:18am On Aug 09, 2010
please in the name of GOD send the continution to lateeffolu2000@yahoo.com
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by BSF: 10:08am On Aug 09, 2010
snd concluding part to ajakaiyebsf@gmail.com
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by kokobaby(f): 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
So what's the update on the story? Has he sent the remaining part to anybody yet? Or has been unbaned? It's a very interesting piece, i hope we get the rest of the story soon.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Gunnergal: 3:01am On Aug 10, 2010
He has been unbanned.Check the 4th page for continuation of the story.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by kokobaby(f): 4:06am On Aug 10, 2010
Oh ok, but that can't possibly be the end of the story. Is she gonna kill him or what? Ahhh, oga please finish the story abeg o. Nice though!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2010
this story is getting longer than anticipated. I am gradually losing interest.
I'll probably conclude the story in my mind. wink
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 3:16am On Aug 13, 2010
Hi guys, sorry about this whole mess up by our sucking Nairaland, they even actually made me lose interest in writing the story after several of my posts were being deleted continously. I just got unbanned after several days and my posts all restored, however i have deleted the multiples to leave you with one sent by my other avatar,you can read through on the page 4 as Gurnegal suggested. Anyway am about to continue the story from there. Please dont get mad as i understand your frustrations as well this is the semi last part before the story ends so lets flow and be patient, it wont take days like before ok. l just hope i dont get banned again for this next post. lol  wink
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 3:23am On Aug 13, 2010
No it wasn’t who you thought, it was not Gloria, it was Idee, one of Teejay’s random girls. She had fancied Tonye ever since she first saw him the night they came to pick him up and this was her chance to seduce him. She moved skilfully towards him her right hand going up her back and coming down, at this point the flimsy gown she wore came down with it; she had just undone the zip behind. Her clothes dropped to the floor and she was as unclothed as a new born baby: She had a “banging body” she was hoott! He was dumbfounded for a few minutes and his body reacted involuntarily and quickly to what he saw. It had been quite a long time he saw a unclothed female, his body said yessss! But his mind was telling him No!  Just like R Kelly sang in his song. She came closer held his face softly and planted a kiss on his lips, he felt himself, his body, yielding he was in a very difficult spot! What man could resist?  Do you know, Tonye did resist, his mind sounded louder he pushed her away grabbed his clothes and walked out into the adjacent room, locking the door. His heart was beating uncontrollably and his head on the door. She came after him but was barred by the door trying to get him to hear,  she shouted, Tonye you know you want this!, come out now!, so you can’t handle a woman?!!,  you are impotent, you’re a coward, you are not man enough ,  you are………,  He was shaken inside, each word she uttered dealt a heavier blow than the last on his male ego, he tried to ignore the effect of her words, but she kept on dealing him more blows of belittling words. It was as if the words ignited the testosterone in him, he had enough of her taunt after a few minutes he flung the door open, lurched at her, grabbed her by the waist and pinned her standing against the wall, her back facing him and with much ferocity, for about twelve straight minutes he proved her wrong! He left her trembling on the floor, gasping for breath, running her hands all over her body, looking exhausted but with a very satisfied smile. Without a word or a thought, he got into the bathroom, took another quick shower, dressed up and walked out into the sitting room where to his shock he met Teejay sitting on the couch. Teejay started clapping and laughing at him, he had finally succeeded in setting Tonye up after several weeks of secretly plotting to turn him into a player like himself. Tonye stared at him for a minute an angry frown on his face before he walked quietly out of the house into his car parked outside and drove off.

A few seconds later he was on the road in the traffic, when the guilt and disgust over what he had just done began to set in, he felt a lump in his throat as tears gradually clouded his eyes. He wasn’t that kind of man; he really loved his wife despite all that had transpired over time, he had never thought of or respected anyone involved in cheating; now he hated to see himself in the picture. Life can sometimes be confusing for men with regards to women, if you yield to the advances of another, the main one regards you as less than a man for doing so, on the other hand if you don’t, the other one regards you as not man enough! Either way a man loses but everyman knows what is right. Tonye had been wrong.

Gloria was at the lowest time of her life. Two of her junior staff had recently quit after a disagreement over her high standard and overbearing attitude at work. One was Tonye’s former boss, who gave her a good talk down before he walked out on her, the other was Baba Kay her diligent, loyal and honest driver over her transferred aggression and the continuous general men bashing he had to put up with from her daily. She came to a shocking discovery that even many of her female friends who usually gave her some silly “anti men advice” and indulged with her in men bashing had actually been jealous of her all the time unknown to her and were now laughing at her back. Work was no more fun, she had the feeling that everyone only played eye service to impress her and called her a bi*ch when her back was turned, it was really disheartening.

She had to drive herself home till she found a replacement driver.  As she manoeuvred the Honda homewards through the crazy traffic that day she wondered how Baba Kay and Tonye had coped. It was only the second week of her driving herself yet she already had a cracked bumper and two ugly scratches on either sides of the car from Lagos impatient drivers. It was barely two minutes after this thought that another car trying to change into her lane brushed her from the passenger’s side. Gloria couldn’t bear all the emotions anymore; she couldn’t help feeling sorry for herself, not bothering to come out to talk to the offender or check the damage she just broke down on the wheel and cried.

Tonye was still in the traffic trying to get home some minutes after leaving Teejay house, still feeling remorseful about what he had done,  he spotted the commotion ahead and noticed cars manoeuvring to get past two cars that had just been involved in a minor accident, a common sight on Lagos' busy roads. He recognised the car as he got closer, and stopped behind it, he got out, directing traffic around the cars despite the heaps of curses and abuse from other impatient drivers. He walked towards the driver’s side expecting to see Baba Kay at the wheel; peeping into the car, behold he saw his beautiful yet despondent looking wife, hands on the steering, sobbing uncontrollably. She had lost weight, she looked so frail and delicate, she had really suffered. As any real man, he just couldn’t take it, his heart melted with so much emotion as she turned his direction with a distressed look and tear filled eyes, seeing him there was shock in her facial expression as her crying gathered more momentum but this time it was compunctious.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Osama12: 4:09am On Aug 13, 2010
What a story grin grin grin.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by meekas(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2010
This story dey totori me grin. Abeg finish am sharply
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2010
It will finish this weekend, i promise smiley
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by blank(f): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2010
I never anticipated that twist. Thanks
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by derolly(m): 10:28am On Aug 13, 2010
wow! keep it up bro, u re the best, u've got all it takes and am pretty sure u'll get there( if u knw wat i mean )
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by araba1(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2010
this is good pls dont kill me with suspence
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Emperoh(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2010
I am still following!!!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2010
I am already looking out for this story line in an upcoming Nollywood movie.
It is really captivating.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 15, 2010
Oga wat the problem na.I dan tire oohh, becos of u i no go church oohh, u better post dis thin now, lol, just joking.pls am waiting anxiously
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by double08(m): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2010
swiftycool:

It will finish this weekend, i promise smiley

in 12 hours time the weekend will be officially over, why don't u just fulfill your promise
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by coalcoal1(m): 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2010
double08:

in 12 hours time the weekend will be officially over, why don't u just fulfill your promise

oya, swifty, reply sharp sharp
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by deoyel25(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2010
omg!!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by swiftycool(m): 5:33am On Aug 16, 2010
Gloria drove into the compound of the big house; the gate was opened unexcitedly by the maiguard whose countenance seemed to change gradually from carefree to curious and suddenly excitement on realizing who was in the other vehicle following closely behind hers. Rubbing his hands together and smiling then waving, he said to himself: Ah! Oga don come back, Thank God oh! He could expect those tips and occasional small gifts to resume. Tonye waved at him as he drove in.

No sooner had the couple gotten into the house than Gloria let out all the boxed up emotions and apologies she had in her, she was crying again, this time a lot more profusely, holding on to Tonye desperately. He had calmed her down earlier, after settling stuff with the offending driver and gently telling her to head home which she refused unless he came along with her. On leaving the accident scene; they hadn’t spoken a word till this moment. She poured out her heart to him and he listened calmly. She noticed he had done well for himself within the short separation and seemed not to be missing her as she had expected. She begged him to come back home. Tonye felt uneasy,  there was something about the house now that repelled him and made him feel small again; It now had more luxuries than before, more costly and tasteful décor, colourful expensive paintings and a very relaxing atmosphere yet it just couldn’t feel like home to him anymore as he knew any accident could cost him a fortune and his dignity in an instant. He was desperate to get back to his modest flat again, where there probably won’t be light and the neighbours’ generators would be a sure nuisance but at least he was in charge of his own. Tonye made up his mind not to budge quite early into the discussion despite how seriously and sincerely she was at begging. His countenance gradually grew into impatience which was easily read by her; was there another woman she thought as she inspected him suspiciously. Tonye reading the look in his wife’s eye said; a woman taking your place is not impossible, the choice is yours to move in with me or stay alone in your castle, because I simply cannot live under you anymore! Having said this, he took his leave.

Gloria had a messed up day the next day at work, her mind was mixed up based on Tonye’s last statement and other goings on at work, it affected her mood and performance at a very important meeting with clients and nearly cost the company a good deal. She was called by her project director for a chat, which ended up with having her temporarily release her lead position to another person while she proceeded for an early vacation to clear her head.

It was as if the previous day’s encounter at Teejay’s just opened Tonye’s eyes. He now began to notice all the funny looks and various green lights so many girls around had been giving him, even the receptionist’s and corpers who always brushed up so close to him whenever they passed by were no more innocent in his sight. He was flattered by all this attention and was beginning to wonder if he wouldn’t eventually end up succumbing to them; smiling to himself he shook his head and said nah! His confidence and self worth which had been diminished by his wife had fully returned. On closing from work he headed straight for his car where he met a surprise waiting. Gloria had come to meet him and for the first time she followed him to his place. They got into the house and she admitted It was okay though far below her class, she looked around and noticed the kitchen was quite smaller than hers though well equipped, the furniture in the house looked classy but not that expensive, everything was not really fantastic in her opinion, it wasn’t the kind of life she yearned for; but then, her eyes finally rested on her hubby who was busy walking majestically and excitedly showing her around his little home then she noticed something different about him, something that had been missing in him for a long time. The sparkle had returned into his eyes, he seemed very relaxed, happy and in control of everything, unlike how he had been while living with her; a look she last saw almost eight years ago when she was the one who looked up to him and they were still crazy in love, long before the rat race and quest for wealth and position began. Tonye now looked confident, not shaky, he looked free not caged, he looked like a real man.
She realised what she had been missing and walked up to him, when he finished showing her around, she put her hands around his neck and gave him a long slow kiss. I’ll come and stay with you; she said. She made up her mind to give up the extra flashy lifestyle, the attitude and all just to have him this way always. At last he smiled, and excitedly whisked her off her feet into the room.

Gloria didn’t go back as a project head in that job, she works now in a new consultancy company and though she still earns more than her hubby she has learnt that her happiness lies in submitting to him and not trying to outshine or manipulate him in any way especially when she realised he was trying his best. Tonye is getting ahead at his work place, handling more responsibilities and rising through the ranks, he was also able to get his higher degree doing an online programme. They sold the range rover, bought a smaller and cheaper maintained car for Gloria and invested much of their previously wasting wealth in building their own house together and investing in various profitable ventures. They are presently expecting their first child together later this month everything else was perfect but for one dirty patch which they have both decided to painfully accept.

Idee the lady Tonye had an encounter with is also expecting a baby this month which she claims is Tonye's and is bent on keeping it although she does'nt want a relationship. They have agreed to live with this if it's truly his, as only time and a DNA test would tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by joerux60: 6:21am On Aug 16, 2010
marvellous I me and only me can say
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by derolly(m): 7:07am On Aug 16, 2010
Hmmmm, what a story smiley smiley smiley
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by KAYD007(m): 8:19am On Aug 16, 2010
hhhmm ooh "woman thy name is frailty "
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2010
You did a wonderful piece!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

No single on nairaland ever took my attention the way you just did (for over 2 weeks)

I love the end part (idee also getting pregnant). it show the story continues. lol!

Once again CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by 1759(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2010
Well done swiftycool. I love your choice of words and the way your story flowed from start to finish, especially the little twists you introduced towards the end. Have you considered writing novels? You really are a talented story teller and with the right publishing support you will definitely go places.
Re: When The Wife was More Educated And Richer Than Him! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2010
Good thing is not easy,You have done a Good work,Congratulation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help, Xvideos Has Finished Me / When Love Dies, What Next? / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.