Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Does God Choose A Spouse For You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Choose A Spouse For You? (18122 Views)

Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / Praying For A Spouse? Let That Lover Go. / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Felixalex(m): 8:40am On Nov 18, 2018
No
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 8:41am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
ethankareem, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.

God chose Rebecca for Isaac. Your comment is a complete falsehood. Read Genesis 24:14

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ovieokodhi(m): 8:42am On Nov 18, 2018
Robnectar:
. Akara
b
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MuttleyLaff: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:
If you don't lean on your own understanding... and in all your ways you acknowledge him,

He will direct your path.

All you need to do is ask for his direction, and he will give it unto you.

People still ask....and he still responds.

adetayo234:
God chose Rebecca for Isaac.
Your comment is a complete falsehood.
Read Genesis 24:14
When all is said and done, it's you at the end of it all, that makes the choice
God help you, that you find a wife, find a good thing and obtain favour from God

Notice, Eliezer, on behalf of Abraham, and for Isaac, asked for God's direction etcetera
and when the decision time came for action, Eliezer made a choice.
cc ethankareem, Originakalokalo adetayo234

MrPresident1:
You are a criminal for this nonsense you just spouted.

God controls everything. He is the one that links man and woman, he is the one that makes them marry each other.
God is in absolute control of the universe.
It is criminal you disregard that, a horse can be led to water, but you cant make it drink

Apart from Adam's case and the other time, of God telling Hosea, to take on an unwelcome spouse,
when and where else has God chosen spouses for Man?

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Triangles1(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The Bible says that the heart of men is DESPERATELY WICKED who can know it?

Regardless of appearance, it is very important to let God choose one's spouse.

you don't know who wants to marry you...God knows him or her.

It was God that brought eve to Adam...

God is still in the business of doing the same IF YOU LET HIM.

If God choose for Adam then what make her disobey God by eating the forbidden fruit. You lie on your bed the way you lay it, we should stop putting all thing on God when we are vision blurred by sin, the pastors that received from God are human being as we and they can be mislead also due to humans flesh. In my own opinion the girl is short sighted on her own I believe. My pastor say type of people are no go area in my own way because the same pastor will be the one controlling their matrimonial home, except you're ready to marry the pastor.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by emekaRaj(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married.......

Was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy going person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.

May be the pastor wan dey pansh d girl so he needs to clear u from his way. If she really love u, she won't give up dat easily, and if theirs any honesty in dat vision prayers can help avat those small bleak future. I believe we choose our woman/man and pray to God to make them our wife/husband.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by dingbang(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2018
If I need a wife, I choose the one who has my back always. Its not rocket science nor religion.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ethankareem(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2018
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

What do you think about GOD yourself?
I think God has given us the power to choose
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Twinsco1(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married.......

Was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy going person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.
: my advice for u is that both of you join hand together and pray to God intervention, to show u d furture....
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by solarview(m): 8:50am On Nov 18, 2018
Yes depending on your relationship with him
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 8:51am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

When all is said and done, it's you at the end of it all, that makes the choice
God help you, that you find a wife, find a good thing and obtain favour from God

Notice, Eliezer, on behalf of Abraham, and for Isaac, asked for God's direction etcetera
and when the decision time came for action, Eliezer made a choice.
cc Originakalokalo adetayo234

It is criminal you disregard that, a horse can be led to water, but you cant make it drink

Apart from Adam's case and the other time, of God telling Hosea, to take on an unwelcome spouse,
when and where else has God chosen spouses for Man?

Please read that Genesis 24:14 well, and you will understand better
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by princenaira(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2018
God does not chose a wife or husband, job, business etc for anyone, however, the knowledge of God's principles guides you to make any decision in your life.

Before the Advent of present day churchism, our parents and grands married and even kept polyfamirs without divorce or several issues of today. We have been enormously deceived.

Mattied requires conscious hard work with various levels of committments, sacrifices, mutual respects and understanding to make it work. Full stop

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by blindjustice13(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
ethankareem, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.
best answer

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by kullozone(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The Bible says that the heart of men is DESPERATELY WICKED who can know it?

Regardless of appearance, it is very important to let God choose one's spouse.

you don't know who wants to marry you...God knows him or her.

It was God that brought eve to Adam...

God is still in the business of doing the same IF YOU LET HIM.

Yahweh brought Eve to Adam just to ruin his life abi?

I winor let him bring any woman to me oh! I nor want troublesmiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by OyinO: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2018
God chooses NOTHING for anybody. You choose for yourself based on your desires. Wake Up from your indoctrinated brainwashing and bible stories.

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by jikshane: 8:55am On Nov 18, 2018
I tire o
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
I think God has given us the power to choose

OK

So you could explain that to your friend as politely as possible.

Try to understand her (current) mindset of seeking approval from so-called prophets and avoid coming down as judgmental on her.

In all, learn the lessons from the situation and remain focused on living out your purpose

Thanks again for sharing

Cheers!
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Geenosko: 9:02am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Gbam!!!!

1 Like

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Viking007(m): 9:02am On Nov 18, 2018
Eberex:
When you meet someone and you find them appealing, and then you find yourself falling in love with them, will you say it was God who showed you your spouse if eventually you married and she turned out to be an evil person? Would you say they were chosen by God if they turn out to be sweet and nice after marriage? Definitely yes, because they turned out good.

God allows us to make our choices, so you don't end up blaming him at the long run. That was also the reason why He gave us freewill, to be able to decipher good women from the bad ones.
No need reading the next page. I doubt if anyone will make more sense, you've said it all.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by djon78(m): 9:04am On Nov 18, 2018
What is even good or bad?
Nobody holy pass. There is good and bad in all man
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MuttleyLaff: 9:08am On Nov 18, 2018
adetayo234:
Please read that Genesis 24:14 well, and you will understand better
I reiterate, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, (e.g. Eliezer, on behalf of Abraham, and for Isaac)
to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.

Adam's case and the other time, of God telling Hosea, to take on an unwelcome spouse,
are when and where God has physically chosen spouse for Man and outrightly told man to take a spouse

Did God not choose that Adam and Eve not eat of the fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil?

God does not override choices we make or take.
Please read Judges 14:2-3 well, and you will understand better
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by postemail: 9:09am On Nov 18, 2018
MrPresident1:

You are a criminal for this nonsense you just spouted.

God controls everything. He is the one that links man and woman, he is the one that makes them marry each other. God is in absolute control of the universe.

I really don't think God is into the business of choosing spouses. Like every other thing, time and chance happen to them all.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by udz: 9:10am On Nov 18, 2018
Men this is 2018. Let's be reading reasonable topics here.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 9:11am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I reiterate, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, (e.g. Eliezer, on behalf of Abraham, and for Isaac)
to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.

Adam's case and the other time, of God telling Hosea, to take on an unwelcome spouse,
are when and where God has physically chosen spouse for Man and outrightly told man to take a spouse

Did God not choose that Adam and Eve not eat of the fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil?

God does not override choices we make or take.
Please read Judges 14:2-3 well, and you will understand better

Please, don't allow spiritual arrogance and pride to control you. Read Genesis 24:14
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ethankareem(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

Probably those prophets are seeing what you don't know however, i think she was foolish to have told you instead of keeping it to herself while she go on her knees in prayers to seek clarification from God himself. The same God that spoke to those prophets will talk to her. Are you financially buoyant?
no too gallant.....serving at the moment and she is in part 3.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MuttleyLaff: 9:15am On Nov 18, 2018
adetayo234:
Please, don't allow spiritual arrogance and pride to control you.
Read Genesis 24:14
Why dont you paste Genesis 24:14 here and let's self examine it together?
Why cant you aim playing the ball, instead of aiming to stomp on and kicking the foot?

The power of choice resides with man.
Judges 14:2-3 is one of the many examples of this
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Solomyn(m): 9:17am On Nov 18, 2018
The Bible said when a man find a wife. Not when God gave u or find for him. If our Lord can not force salvation to mankind how then earthly wife? Remember our Lord only create if as a companion but Adam say she will be my wife. So Adam finds her. God will only make you see things Abt her if u are okay it fine. Remember the story of Isaac when he sent his servant to a village to bring a certain lady as his wife but the servent saw a lady on his path that her kindness was good and brought her to Isaac.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by DAntivirus: 9:18am On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
no too gallant.....serving at the moment and she is in part 3.

and you're disturbing yourself already over a girl who is willing to ditch you without second thoughts over what a prophet said...

better now than later bro...

Please leave...
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 18, 2018
NPComplete:
Lol. If the girl is that dumb, u should probably be happy you found out early enough. Lol
Lol grin
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I believe you dear.

cc: lilyqueeny
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MrPresident1: 9:26am On Nov 18, 2018
postemail:

I really don't think God is into the business of choosing spouses. Like every other thing, time and chance happen to them all.

Proverbs 19:14
House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudentwife is from the Lord

As a prudent wife is from the Lord so is a foolish one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / Ondo Police Statement On Kidnapped Children That Were Rescued From A Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.