Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Does God Choose A Spouse For You? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Choose A Spouse For You? (18120 Views)

Female Pastor Gives Ladies Tips On How To Attract A Spouse / Praying For A Spouse? Let That Lover Go. / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Iphran6: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2018
After Adam and Eve debacle, GOD doesn't choose a wife for any man no more, he only directs
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Iphran6: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2018
Since Adam and Eve debacle, GOD doesn't choose a wife for any man no more, he only directs
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by DisturbNot: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The Bible says that the heart of men is DESPERATELY WICKED who can know it?

Regardless of appearance, it is very important to let God choose one's spouse.

you don't know who wants to marry you...God knows him or her.

It was God that brought eve to Adam...

God is still in the business of doing the same IF YOU LET HIM.

God didn't appoint Eve for Adam. Adam accepted to have Eve as his wife. Prior Eve, he had been looking for a wife amongst the animals God asked him to name.

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Genesis:2:20

Adam made a decision to have Eve as wife, so Good doesn't force any woman on any man.

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Genesis:2:22-23
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by elderken(m): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2018
What did Adam later accused God of?

I stand to be corrected, God is no longer in the business of giving spouse to any man. It is written that whosoever that FINDETH a wife/knife FINDETH a good/bad thing. I stand by this.
It is als written that I WILL GRANT THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART.
That is to say, it is what my heart desires that God actually grants.
For wife matter, God has let man be.
Originakalokalo:

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by elderken(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2018
Adam would have chosen any animal as a mate, but he didn't ACCEPT them. Not until Adam accepted Eve as a wife she was just one of the other creation.
Well spoken bros.
DisturbNot:

God didn't appoint Eve for Adam. Adam accepted to have Eve as his wife. Prior Eve, he had been looking for a wife amongst the animals God asked him to name.

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Genesis:2:20

Adam made a decision to have Eve as wife, so Good doesn't force any woman on any man.

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Genesis:2:22-23
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Ihatelove(f): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
I have been enlightened by this thread
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by elderken(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bro the truth is the prophet don dey arrange her for another guy.
Forget that girl, because with a mindset like that, anything you do henceforth will lead towards you treating her bad.
You are even lucky that she didn't go and tie you in one shrine. If you know you know
ethankareem:
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married.......

Was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy going person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by psalmuelwater(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
ethankareem, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.
. Now this is christian that understands the bible, not some over - spirikoko xtians.
Adam blamed God for his woes, he didnt take responsibility as a man should. God taught him a lesson so he can work hard and learn how to take responsibility, since then! God DOES NOT CHOOSE our spouse for us!!!
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by ethankareem(m): 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
alignacademy:

OK

So you could explain that to your friend as politely as possible.

Try to understand her (current) mindset of seeking approval from so-called prophets and avoid coming down as judgmental on her.

In all, learn the lessons from the situation and remain focused on living out your purpose

Thanks again for sharing

Cheers!
thanks
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by jiorhemen(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrPresident1:

You are a criminal for this nonsense you just spouted

Is He the one who directed you to abuse your fellow human being by saying he is a criminal just because he has a different view from yours? You can disagree with someone without resorting to insults
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Wizaugpet(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Yea,,, God gave Eve to Adam and Eve brought condemnation to Adam...
Sounds really cool!
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Wizaugpet(m): 12:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
I hate the idea or notion of God choosing spouses for some one...
Shouldn't I marry some one I so much Love at will
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by erictus: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
ethankareem:
Been dating this lady for a year plus now, all of a sudden she said more than 1 prophet told her I am gonna treat her bad in future if we ever get married.......

Was surprised when she told me cause I am a very easy going person and in sight of trouble, I take off. And I hate violence and I let things go easily.

I will admonish u to visit 2 or 3 pastors. And if all of them said same thing, Then ,u have know choice than to leave each other, but in all, the majority of what the pastor said would carry the day, As in. if 3 of them said same thing,
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by EverBlazingy2k(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:

was Eve the best wife to Adam?
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
No. We choose
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by orunto27: 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Yes. He chooses mine for me.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by bluefilm: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
dannyyol2018:

I don't think you exist too because I don't know you

I may not exist to you but at least, you replied to something I wrote by writing back.

Can your God even do something as simple as that?
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
ethankareem, God stopped choosing spouses for man after the well-known "The woman whom You gave to be with me..." infamous line.
The onus, since after then, is on the man, through proxy or not, to find a wife, a good thing, and receive favor from God.
God wants to be involved in everything we do, so, our relationship with the opposite sex is not an exception.commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.prov16vs3.there is away that seems right unto a man, but the end thereof is the way of death.prov14vs12. God has His will in everything we do, it is however up to you to yield to his will or not. Eph 5vs17 be ye not unwise understand what the will of the Lord is. houses and wealth are inherited from parent, but a prudent wife is from the Lord. prov19vs14. Build a relationship with the Holy Spirit and He will help you ease unnecessary stress.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo.....yes sir...agree completely with you.
Eberex....I agree with you except the part where you said that "God lets us choose so we won't blame him."
Well, I think (as the Creator of the universe) He's used to "blame", "slander", "misrepresentation", "accusations", "misunderstandings", etc.
So I think it's more of God's character to of "love" to allow His children to have "freewill"...(which includes a "risk" on God's behalf.
He knows with the concept comes positive or negative consequences by the individual...
All I would say to tie it all together is that surely God has His choice, and He will make it known (to the prayerful man and woman), BUT humans have a role to play in discerning and then making it practical (the man initiates and then the woman receives/accepts).
Huge difference between a "God" choice and a "good" choice.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by lincs25(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Originakalokalo:

That was in the beginning of the world. God gave Adam wife after Adam blame God that is the woman you gave to me, now you have to do your home work and God guide. Apart from Adam who else history has it.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by erictus: 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
ADEMOLA144:
yes GOD chooses your spouse. its called twin flame. your spouse was already chosen for you before you were born. when you meet each other ? that was the illusion of coincidence but it was GOD who put two of you together to meet when you met. your spouse is chosen for you in the spirit world based on your spiritual constitution as in if you need to be punished, then you will receive a wicked spouse. to further help you I can do the spiritual compatibility if you give me both your date of births I can tell you if it going to be a disaster or not.

1st of July and 13th of Feb
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by HIV1: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
There probably might not be a prophet involved. The truth is that another guy somewhere is out there for the lady. When we want to cheat people , that is when we start mentioning God. To we Africans , God and Religion have been tools to cheat , deceive , dupe, ....... and to not take responsibilities for our action when we do wrong. My guy , move on. ,
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
somehow:
Your Bible must be fake, please quote what is in verse 14 because my Bible says something different.

Abraham directed his eldest servant to where a wife for Isaac is to be gotten. Stop twisting the Bible before God twist your life!

Read Gen 24 from the start for clarity.

God is not in business of taking decisions for you,hence the reason you have a brain,mind and heart.

Go back and focus on verse 14. Empty spiritual arrogance can kill you spiritually
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
somehow:
Your Bible must be fake, please quote what is in verse 14 because my Bible says something different.

Abraham directed his eldest servant to where a wife for Isaac is to be gotten. Stop twisting the Bible before God twist your life!

Read Gen 24 from the start for clarity.

God is not in business of taking decisions for you,hence the reason you have a brain,mind and heart.

Go back and focus on verse 14. This time, read between the lines with spiritual understanding and spiritual humility. Empty spiritual arrogance can kill you spiritually
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Why dont you paste Genesis 24:14 here and let's self examine it together?
Why cant you aim playing the ball, instead of aiming to stomp on and kicking the foot?

The power of choice resides with man.
Judges 14:2-3 is one of the many examples of this

And what stops you from pasting the scripture you quoted here also? Why accuse another of what you are guilty of? What manner of spiritual hypocrisy is that?!
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
erictus:

1st of July and 13th of Feb
i need the year of births too so i can see the solar sign
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by somehow: 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Why should I focus on 14 while ignoring verse 1-13? Is this how you people read Bible? Ignoring the general story just to pick a part that can be easily twisted to suit your narative? Abraham instructed the servant not to take a wife for Isaac from some tribes/countries (choice 1), but go to his kindred (choice 2) to pick a wife. Servant also went and made a choice with God's direction (via prayer) that whoever gives him and his donkey water should be the bride. (Choice 3).

God answered his prayers but all choices were made by Abraham and the servant. There was no where God directly chose for him nor anyone else except the harlot in the case of that prophet which was a symbolic marriage God endorsed to send a message to the sinning Israel then. Bro, God has given us the power to choose between light and darkness but said it's better (advise) we choose light to live than darkness which is death.

Salom!
adetayo234:

Go back and focus on verse 14. This time, read between the lines with spiritual understanding and spiritual humility. Empty spiritual arrogance can kill you spiritually

2 Likes

Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by MuttleyLaff: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
adetayo234:
And what stops you from pasting the scripture you quoted here also?
Why accuse another of what you are guilty of?
What manner of spiritual hypocrisy is that?!
"2When he returned, he said to his father and mother,
“I have seen a Philistine woman in Timnah; now get her for me as my wife.”
3His father and mother replied,
“Isn’t there an acceptable woman among your relatives or among all our people?
Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?”
But Samson said to his father,
“Get her for me. She’s the right one for me.”

- Judges 14:2-3

I suggested you paste Genesis 24:14 here
and to let's self examine it together, to see, if the power of choice resided or not, with Eliezer
but since you're eager on Judges 14:2-3, and have humbly asked to see it pasted here, I have obliged you
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"2When he returned, he said to his father and mother,
“I have seen a Philistine woman in Timnah; now get her for me as my wife.”
3His father and mother replied,
“Isn’t there an acceptable woman among your relatives or among all our people?
Must you go to the uncircumcised Philistines to get a wife?”
But Samson said to his father,
“Get her for me. She’s the right one for me.”

- Judges 14:2-3

I suggested you paste Genesis 24:14 here
and to let's self examine it together, to see, if the power of choice resided or not, with Eliezer
but since you're eager on Judges 14:2-3, and have humbly asked to see it pasted here, I have obliged you

Genesis 24:14

14 May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

People keep throwing lies about the place and they even express the lie in a factual manner
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by adetayo234: 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
somehow:
Why should I focus on 14 while ignoring verse 1-13? Is this how you people read Bible? Ignoring the general story just to pick a part that can be easily twisted to suit your narative? Abraham instructed the servant not to take a wife for Isaac from some tribes/countries (choice 1), but go to his kindred (choice 2) to pick a wife. Servant also went and made a choice with God's direction (via prayer) that whoever gives him and his donkey water should be the bride. (Choice 3).

God answered his prayers but all choices were made by Abraham and the servant. There was no where God directly chose for him nor anyone else except the harlot in the case of that prophet which was a symbolic marriage God endorsed to send a message to the sinning Israel then. Bro, God have given us the power to choose between light and darkness but said it's better (advise) we choose light to live than darkness which is death.

Salom!

Oga, there is no shalom anywhere. This thing is falsehood. Verses 1 to 13 do not render 14 useless.

Read that verse 14 again. God did choose a wife for Isaac. This time, read with humility. I've pasted it below

Genesis 24:14

14 May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

People keep throwing lies about the place and they even express the lie in a factual manner. Stop spreading utter falsehood, oga.
Re: Does God Choose A Spouse For You? by commodore007: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
In the book of Genesis God caused adam to sleep and eve was formed from his rib. When he woke up he said that this is the bone of my bone. Now if truly God is omniscient like we claim then God truly knows who is made for you. The mind of man is so limited that there are some things he can't just know. Remember that is the carnal man is moved by sensory perceptions. He is moved by what he sees feels and hears. He pays little or no attention to the inward man. There are various ways God can choose to reveal his choose life partner at the right time God would create avenues for you to meet the right person in the right place when your mind is at rest. Remember that the bible says that be still and know that I am God..if people would learn not to engage in pre marital sex they would understand what it means for them to have their spiritual senses alert in discerning who is the perfect will of God them #God bless you all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / "Pope Francis Didn't Say Hell Doesn't Exist, He Was Misrepresented" - Vatican / Ondo Police Statement On Kidnapped Children That Were Rescued From A Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.