Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? (3248 Views)

Reasons Why You May Not Hear God Speak To You. / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God / If Adam And Eve Were Light Skinned, How Come We Are Black?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Uyi168: 4:24am On Nov 17, 2018
Righteousness89:

We didn't Because Satan is a Liar and the Father of Liars
thats what the Bible made u believed..
We need to hear the other side of the story..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by adedayoa2(f): 6:41am On Nov 17, 2018
Uyi168:
thats what the Bible made u believed..
We need to hear the other side of the story..
From who? Maybe you should ask Satan himself.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Uyi168: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2018
adedayoa2:
From who? Maybe you should ask Satan himself.
Maybe God is the bad guy.. He committed far more atrocities than Satan..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by adedayoa2(f): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2018
Uyi168:
Maybe God is the bad guy.. He committed far more atrocities than Satan..
one of the many atrocities Satan committed and making you reason this way.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Uyi168: 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
adedayoa2:
one of the many atrocities Satan committed and making you reason this way.
lol..
Ur God is still at fault.. He created Satan in the first place..
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Truthsbitter: 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
The real definition of righteousness is to be fair when passing judgement and to love is to be merciful.

I wonder why Satan is being punished by individuals who don't know a thing about him.

1 Like

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Righteousness89(m): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
[s]
budaatum:

Irony. Is the word that describes what you did there. Situational irony, to be specific.

What'd you think?

[/s]

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]
E pain you grin

1 Like

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Righteousness89(m): 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
budaatum:

E pain you grin
how does a senseless stuff pain?
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
Righteousness89:
how does a senseless stuff pain?
You don't understand it?

1 Like

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MuttleyLaff: 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
hustla:
I am just curious

How come we did not listen to or havent come across Satan's account and circumstances of why he was chased away from heaven?
Who knows?
You havent come across Satan's account because there is nothing to deny
and also that's why Satan has never refuted the account nor call into question why he was chased away from heaven
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You havent come across Satan's account because there is nothing to deny
and also that's why Satan has never refuted the account nor call into question why he was chased away from heaven
How can we trust that Satan's account is not a denial that was suppressed?
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MuttleyLaff: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
budaatum:
How can we trust that Satan's account is not a denial that was suppressed?
Budaatum , you can trust that Satan's account would be an admission of guilt,
otherwise Satan would have from the nearest rooftop cried foul play long time ago.

I doubt Satan ever harboured a thought that God wasnt/isn't just and fair
I doubt Satan will ever say God cannot be trusted

1 Like

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by orunto27: 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
Satan is not independent of God. The day It talks unauthorised, It is finished.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by orunto27: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sheckem, the only bastard one of the 71 Children of Gedeon murdered the 70 other Children in one night. That is Satanic Record,
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Anas09: 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
otherwise Satan would have from the nearest rooftop cried foul play long time ago.

Oh he tried on Jobs account. He accused God of bribing Job with material wealth, a good, a loving family and a tight security without which Job will be like any other joe, sinning and cussing.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Anas09: 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2018
hustla:
I am just curious

How come we did not listen to or havent come across Satan's account and circumstances of why he was chased away from heaven?
Who knows?
You can ask him. It's not too late.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 2:06am On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

buda cannot "trust Satan", muttley, nor can I agree that a shameless Satan would admit guilt. Or have you not heard Satan lies? I'm certain Satan wouldn't be ignorant either, screaming from the rooftop like a hooligan. Devious, is a hint.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 2:20am On Nov 18, 2018
There used to be a time when I'd read a book and think the whole world should read this. Then Satan went and made the Internet!

THE HISTORY OF THE DEVIL AND THE IDEA OF EVIL FROM THE EARLIEST TIMES TO THE PRESENT DAY by PAUL CARUS
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MrPresident1: 6:17am On Nov 18, 2018
hustla:
I am just curious

Who knows?

satan has been in charge and telling his story for the past 500years
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Katier00(f): 6:33am On Nov 18, 2018
Righteousness89:
All spirits are subject to its CREATOR..

You don't compare a creature to its CREATOR!
Its ungodly
and He said, let Us make man in our image and likeness. We didn't just have one CREATOR
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MuttleyLaff: 8:42am On Nov 18, 2018
budaatum:
buda cannot "trust Satan", muttley,
You dont trust God, you dont trust Satan.
What and/or who do you trust?

budaatum:
nor can I agree that a shameless Satan would admit guilt.
Or have you not heard Satan lies?
Satan tells lies, because that is what Satan has become and turned into
Satan will never explicitly tell you Satan is telling truth

budaatum:
I'm certain Satan wouldn't be ignorant either, screaming from the rooftop like a hooligan. Devious, is a hint.
People usually dont give Satan Satan's due credit for what Satan knows.

Satan is in the knows, knows a lot and that why Satan not screaming from the rooftop like a hooligan, is an admission of guilt,
also confirms, there isnt any God foul play concerning Satan caught with the hand in the cookie jar.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MuttleyLaff: 8:43am On Nov 18, 2018
Anas09:
Oh he tried on Jobs account.
He accused God of bribing Job with material wealth, a good, a loving family and a tight security without which Job will be like any other joe, sinning and cussing.
Anas09, you dont see the bigger picture in that narrative.
You didnt get the drift of that Job account, in relation to Satan.

Satan, was just as like Job too, basking in the glory of God's warmth, light, royal favour and hand of protection
but where Job, when the crunch came, admirably was steadfast in his belief and unwavering,
Satan fell, gave in and suddenly gave way at the slightest hint and sign of a God withdrawal.

You're taken by surprise, to just know,
that the entire Job account is a cryptic message of telling how sin got to be and was found in Satan
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You dont trust God, you dont trust Satan.
What and/or who do you trust?
"In as much as I trust those here whom I see", muttley. Or is that not in your God book?

MuttleyLaff:
People usually dont give Satan Satan's due credit for what Satan knows.
Give Satan credit for elevating humans from mindless slaves and for giving humans pants? Some people do muttley. Even amongst those who think Satan is a figment of the imagination, just like God.

MuttleyLaff:
Satan is in the knows, knows a lot and that why Satan not screaming from the rooftop like a hooligan, is an admission of guilt, also confirms, there isnt any God foul play concerning Satan caught with the hand in the cookie jar.

But since you refuse to listen when I call and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand, since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you— when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. “Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD.

Some would think the entity you call God speaks here, but I'd warn you that, if Satan can dabaru heaven and dabaru Eden, it can dabaru the bible and dabaru your mind too. Just ask yourself who laughs at ones disaster, and mocks ones calamity and does not answer when called upon, but more especially, who's call do you disregard, God's or Satan's? You might understand who moans here.

1 Like

Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by Anas09: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Anas09, you dont see the bigger picture in that narrative.
You didnt get the drift of that Job account, in relation to Satan.

Satan, was just as like Job too, basking in the glory of God's warmth, light, royal favour and hand of protection
but where Job, when the crunch came, admirably was steadfast in his belief and unwavering,
Satan fell, gave in and suddenly gave way at the slightest hint and sign of a God withdrawal.

You're taken by surprise, to just know,
that the entire Job account is a cryptic message of telling how sin got to be and was found in Satan

I'm grasping a little of it, but explain more. Thanks.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MuttleyLaff: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
budaatum:
"In as much as I trust those here whom I see", muttley.
Or is that not in your God book?
Dont trust everything you see budaatum, even salt looks like sugar

budaatum:
Give Satan credit for elevating humans from mindless slaves and for giving humans pants?
Some people do muttley.
Even amongst those who think Satan is a figment of the imagination, just like God.
budaatum, humans were never mindless slaves
and humans didnt need pants.

budaatum:
But since you refuse to listen when I call and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand, since you disregard all my advice and do not accept my rebuke, I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you— when calamity overtakes you like a storm, when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind, when distress and trouble overwhelm you. “Then they will call to me but I will not answer; they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD.

Some would think the entity you call God speaks here,
Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom.

budaatum:
but I'd warn you that, if Satan can dabaru heaven and dabaru Eden,
it can dabaru the bible and dabaru your mind too.
To be forewarned, is to be forearmed

budaatum:
Just ask yourself who laughs at ones disaster, and mocks ones calamity
and does not answer when called upon,
Imagine clicking on this coming next black dot hoping and expecting another web page to load.
Wisdom will laugh at you, when you make a prat of yourself trying to open the next web page clicking on the black dot

budaatum:
but more especially, who's call do you disregard, God's or Satan's?
You might understand who moans here.
This is a no brainer.
Of course, Satan's.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by sonmvayina(m): 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
God's, Goddess, devils, demons and what not are laws and principles governing the universe that man has personified.. To teach us how they affect us, as we are part of the universe and nature.. Devil simply refers to as darkness or the absence of light, in some mythology he is the God of the moon since the moon rules at night, in babylonian mythology he is Nanner, the God of darkness. Satan on the other hand is the God of the air or Lord wind.,that will mean Enlil is Satan.and the father of Nanner, Nanner on the other hand is the father of Inanna who is lucifer and the Goddess of death and destruction amongst others..
They simply represent the left side of the elohim.. They negative side of life which is needed to balance the positive side.. They are part of God and not independent.. They only acts with the expressed permission of God and all under the control of the creator...
The genesis story is about life and death..
There is just NOTHING they can do that God would not know.. Just nothing..
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Dont trust everything you see budaatum, even salt looks like sugar.
It's your choice to cook up nonsense in your head and believe it, muttley. The fact though is I just did a cup of coffee with one spoon of unmistakable honey from Asda on Old Kent Road. They do a big jar, half the price of regular sized. I coffee everyday.

MuttleyLaff:
budaatum, humans were never mindless slaves
and humans didnt need pants.
They were, muttley.

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

To begin with, walking about with your bits on display is a sign of mindlessness. You'd be mindless of bugs crawling up your behind, you'd be mindless of getting your bits in a snagg and you'd probably piss anywhere creating more bugs that will crawl up your behind. And they were slaves, if not to someone who lorded over them, at least to the travails of the environment they were in.

Then, he "made you sleep", is made you mindless to the extent that you then awake and claim "she's mine! she's mine!" That's mindless plus.

You know what's funny? If you read your Bible all the way from beginning to end you would notice God changes over time. Very early on, God is a jealous and avenging God; filled with wrath and taking vengeance on his foes and venting his wrath against his enemies. Later on "for God so loved the world". I guess you got to read to see what I mean. Mark my word, future readers will claim evolution as an attribute of God justified by the Bible.

MuttleyLaff:
Wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom.
What is wisdom, muttley?

MuttleyLaff:
This is a no brainer.
Of course, Satan's.
Really? Satan was speaking in Prov 1.?

Then again, you might be right.

According to the Talmud, written in Babylon around 500 A.D., Solomon cut a deal with the devil to build the great temple of Jerusalem – with disastrous consequences.

"In order to build the temple, there were secrets he could only learn by capturing a demon. The demon gets loose and does terrible things to Solomon," explained Weitzman.

If the devil can dabaru Solomon, imagine how much more it will dabaru you the reader of the proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel, then imagine for everyone else.

About, "this is a no brainer" my ass, muttley! The "struggle against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms", are a brainer to buda.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by sonmvayina(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
If any evil occurs, it is not because it is the devil that did it, it is because it is the will of God.. God willed it.. As Jeremiah says in his lamentation "from where does good and evil comes, if not from the mouth of the most high".. Lamentation 3 :38..

God warned the jews not to worship any of them,(I.e the sons and daughters of Enlil) the Baals and asherahs since God is the one who takes all the decisions and the gods and Goddess where misleading people by asking for human sacrifice. God detest human sacrifice and warned the israelites not to partake in it.. But some still sacrificed there sons and daughters to moloch (Ninurta) who is one of the sons of Enlil... And some still offered bread to the queen of heaven (Inanna)... So God punished them too by making their enemies to over run them...
He promised to send them a Messiah that will usher in an era of Peace if they keep his commandments.. They will dwell in their land and free of constant war with their enemies all around them.. "if a man's way pleases the Lord, he makes his enemies to be at peace with him".. But they did not keep it.. So no king(messiah) was sent..

So much later, the Romans capitalised on the idea of a messiah to create their demi God as Messiah that came to die for sins... As God hates human sacrifice...
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by sonmvayina(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Satan was never in the garden of Eden, Ninghiszida was the serpent of the good tree while Inanna (and Dimuzi) Where the serpent of the Evil tree the fruit of which lead to death...

It is teaching us that death is just an illusion and (my opinion) a punishment.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by MuttleyLaff: 6:05am On Nov 19, 2018
budaatum:
It's your choice to cook up nonsense in your head and believe it, muttley.
The fact though is I just did a cup of coffee with one spoon of unmistakable honey from Asda on Old Kent Road.
They do a big jar, half the price of regular sized. I coffee everyday.
Is this organic honey?
What brand is it?

budaatum:
They were, muttley.
But for Adam no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.”

To begin with, walking about with your bits on display is a sign of mindlessness.
You'd be mindless of bugs crawling up your behind, you'd be mindless of getting your bits in a snagg
and you'd probably piss anywhere creating more bugs that will crawl up your behind.
And they were slaves, if not to someone who lorded over them, at least to the travails of the environment they were in.
I doubt you've considered they had, what is akin to, spiritual/glorified bodies and protective "white garment" covering

budaatum:
Then, he "made you sleep", is made you mindless to the extent that you then awake and claim "she's mine! she's mine!" That's mindless plus.
You, rather no anaesthesia then?

On another level, you, as a parent, remember what it means wanting to get Junior or Princess to sleep
and know why you're trying, to get Junior or Princess to sleep
There is nothing mindless, in those past times, with you, trying to make lil Junior or Princess sleep then.

Recognition, acceptance and appreciation made "you" claim: "she's mine! she's mine!"

budaatum:
You know what's funny?
If you read your Bible all the way from beginning to end you would notice God changes over time.
Very early on, God is a jealous and avenging God; filled with wrath and taking vengeance on his foes and venting his wrath against his enemies. Later on "for God so loved the world". I guess you got to read to see what I mean.
Mark my word, future readers will claim evolution as an attribute of God justified by the Bible.
The fascinating thing I have observed a long time ago, is seeing what is happening and unfolding right before the eyes, starting right from there in the Garden

God (i.e. Elohim), in Genesis 1, is just plainly and ordinarily God (i.e. Elohim)
but in Genesis 2, starting from verse 4,
God (i.e. Elohim) switched to being conjoined with Lord (i.e. Yahweh) to be Lord God (i.e. Yahweh Elohim),
This seems to exemplify being assertive, prepotent, laying ownership claim, stamped authority and setting boundaries

Genesis 3:1-5, shows Eve and the serpent using the proper noun God (i.e. Elohim)
but then at Genesis 3:7, when the proverbial hit the fan, the Lord God (i.e. Yahweh Elohim) re-emerged to give them their just deserts
It was justice tempered with mercy, kindness, love and hope

Genesis 4, is about the Lord,
but at Genesis 4:25, the proper noun God (i.e. Elohim) nostalgically gets a mention, at the birth of Seth, after the tragedy of Abel's death

From Genesis 5 onwards, it's God (i.e. Elohim) or Lord (i.e. Yahweh)
and the occassional Lord God (i.e. Yahweh Elohim) random mention at crucial moments or during campaigns

You know what's really funny?
Human parents too mellow when their kids come of age

budaatum:
What is wisdom, muttley?
Another no brainer
Wisdom has to do with decision making, making and arriving at right conclusions budaatum
Example, knowledge is to know tomato is a fruit,
whereas wisdom is to know not to put tomato in a fruit bowl or fruit salad

budaatum:
Really? Satan was speaking in Prov 1.?
No, Satan wasnt speaking in Proverbs 1.
It is Wisdom speaking in Proverbs 1

Remember you asked:
who's call do you disregard, God's or Satan's?

at which, I replied:
This is a no brainer.
Of course, Satan's.

budaatum:
Then again, you might be right.

According to the Talmud, written in Babylon around 500 A.D., Solomon cut a deal with the devil to build the great temple of Jerusalem – with disastrous consequences.

"In order to build the temple, there were secrets he could only learn by capturing a demon.
The demon gets loose and does terrible things to Solomon," explained Weitzman.

If the devil can dabaru Solomon, imagine how much more it will dabaru you the reader of the proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel, then imagine for everyone else.
The Talmud, is the Muslim's Hadith equivalent.
The Talmud, is not just unrealiable but also isnt God inspired.
The "God inspired" phrase is going to drive a bee up your bonnet. Hahaha ha

The Pharisees & other religious leaders used the Talmund to hold people in bondage
and because of that, Jesus was often at loggerheads with them over it

Just like the Muslim's Hadith, the Talmund too has its full share of the ridiculous, ludicrous and nonsensicals
That bit in it, about Solomon cutting a deal with the devil and capturing a demon is an example of such

This is a snapshot review of Steven Weitzman's Solomon: The Lure of Wisdom
Weitzman's concern is not so much in facts,
After all, he pointed out that what is universally known about George Washington – that he chopped down a cherry tree – is not true.

That Solomon: The Lure of Wisdom book is hustle mode activated plus plus.

budaatum:
About, "this is a no brainer" my ass, muttley!
The "struggle against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world
and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms", are a brainer to buda.
Don't try to understand everything budaatum.
Sometimes, everything is not at a go, meant to be understood, there are things that are accepted, just as they are.
As time matures, full understanding sets.
Re: How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? by budaatum: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Don't try to understand everything budaatum.
Sometimes, everything is not at a go, meant to be understood, there are things that are accepted, just as they are. As time matures, full understanding sets.
Sorry muttley. buda's sole reason for existing is to gain understanding, and not by waiting for it to drop down like manna from heaven.

Now, perhaps you'd get out our way and let us who wish to go hear from the devil's mouth. Some of us have to go to hell so there's enough space for you in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Firstftuits Offering As The Bible Teaches! / I Think I Have Been Charmed via FOOD! / Does This Make Jesus Greater Than Muhammad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.