Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. (13383 Views)

Post All Your Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Coreldraw Issuses Here / Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together / Ask Your Corel Draw, 3ds Max Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2011
@ugo_2u Thanks for the tips it such a gr8 one. but i am having a problem doing a reflection of a particular image. i attached the pics for you so please save this pics and make a reflection of it so that i would know if it possible to make something of such or not. once again thanks for the great job. Kudos

Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 6:24am On Apr 29, 2011
yeah it can be done, though it will take a little thinking and creativity

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by akay48(m): 12:12pm On Apr 29, 2011
thanks so much @ugo, those info r helping. pls how do i make a letter look like a shining metal? u get?
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
use the layer style gradient combined with bevel and emboss, or just get a metal pic and use as clipping mask
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by akay48(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
FANKS A LOF, but more questions coming
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
feel free to ask. lol!
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
@@ugo_2u thanks for the reply. could you please explain how you did it. its awesome!!!! i have been trying to do it for a very long time but it somehow awful. please highlight the step by step on how to do it.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
even though am the moderator if I try to paste photos of steps I will get banned by the bot. the difficulty lies on the foot that is forward not the one behind.

if you want I can write the steps down without pictures
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
-I removed the white background in order to have control over the subjet

-then I duplicated the image

- with the duplicate I flipped it vertical and matched the right foot (the one with the knees bent) reduced the opacity to 30%

- noticing I cant match the other foot no matter what I used the mask tool to hide the foot

- I then imagined what the canvas for the second leg will look like if am standing on a glass floor

- then I took the pen tool (u can use polygonal lasso) drew a selection under the left feet to the shape the reflection is meant to be

- then I saved the selection as a channel

- taking the pen tool again I selected the sole of the canvas and duplicated it then moved it down

- I selected the brown part of the canvas in front (that will also reflect) and moved it down too below the sole I moved previously

- then using the selection I saved in the channel I used the clone stamp to clone the cream part onto a new layer to look as if its reflecting downwards

- then I merged the sole, the brown part and the cream part together and then reduced the opacity to 30%

- then I used the mask tool with a soft brush to clean up a bit.

Hope you understand what I did. if you dont I may either make a video or send you the .psd file I used.

cheers.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by akay48(m): 4:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
@UGO, please can u just check d thread i created and have ur take on d issue there. its d super hero thread. lol
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2011
i have no talent in comics. am just a photomanipulator
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 4:45pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ugo you are a genius thanks for the stuff. i will try my best on it and hopefully i will get it. what other software can u use? like me i can use photoshop, illustrator. i use the two for design and i am also trying.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2011
Photoshop, Corel Draw, 3DS Max. I know illustrator just a bit.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2011
OK, what is the work of 3ds max?
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2011
its a 3D application, where you use polygons to model 3D shapes, its also used for animation and effects. its similar to Maya and Cinema 4D. its hard to learn but easy to use
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2011
OK, Thank you for the enlightening. i would like to learn corel draw soon.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Ugo please could you send the psd file to me? i have been trying to do it on my own since the past few hours but i dont get it. please help me out
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2011
ugo_2u are you tired of writing to me? please don't be. i promise i won't stress you after this. pleassssssssssssssssssssssse!!!
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 10:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
I dont have your email address, got back from work late, need some rest
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by DOTMANSAM: 9:09am On Apr 30, 2011
UGO, AV TAKEN MY TIME TO GO TRU UR THREAD.MAY GOD CONTINUE TO INCREASE U.AM SO CHALLENGED AND MOTIVATED.AM REALY INTERESTED IN LEARNING.PLSSSSSSSS IF U CAN HELP WIT ANY OF DOS UR MATERIALS.MY EMAIL AD IS akinsehinwa.oladotun@yahoo.com
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 10:21am On Apr 30, 2011
@ugo, my email address is kamcom_anyhow@yahoo.com please let me know when you send it so that i can check before deleting all those spam emails that unknown people normally send to me. plenty thanks
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 10:44am On Apr 30, 2011
DOTMANSAM:

UGO, AV TAKEN MY TIME TO GO TRU your THREAD.MAY GOD CONTINUE TO INCREASE U.AM SO CHALLENGED AND MOTIVATED.AM REALY INTERESTED IN LEARNING.PLSSSSSSSS IF U CAN HELP WIT ANY OF DOS your MATERIALS.MY EMAIL AD IS akinsehinwa.oladotun@yahoo.com

Which materials exactly are you refering to

kamcom:

@ugo, my email address is kamcom_anyhow@yahoo.com please let me know when you send it so that i can check before deleting all those spam emails that unknown people normally send to me. plenty thanks

Ok will try and send it today evening. if I send it i will post it on nairaland
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 10:47am On Apr 30, 2011
OK, thanks bro
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by skitty: 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2011
hey some one please give me a hand. i want to learn graphix and fast too,any sugestions
my number08033730135
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2011
kamcom:

Sent it to your mail, you can check it now.

skitty:

hey some one please give me a hand. i want to learn graphix and fast too,any sugestions
my number08033730135

Join psdtuts.com and visit cgsociety.org, then proceed to computer village and buy tutorials and then get yourself a computer and learn and practice.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by kamcom: 12:08pm On May 02, 2011
bro fanks a lot. i got it although it doesnt reflect the whole pics as expected but no worries i will try my best to work it out. once again fanks.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by ugo2u(m): 8:10pm On May 02, 2011
you didnt say you wanted to reflect the whole thing.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by satani22: 11:17am On May 06, 2011
I register and try uuploading but istill cann't do it. It load tp 99% and not perfom.

Please help out. on you tube

thanks
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by DOTMANSAM: 9:06pm On May 07, 2011
tanx ugo.i mean materials on photoshop and coreldraw.
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by trisswines(m): 11:41am On May 30, 2011
I like Photoshop. I am regular working on this program, actually I am doing designing work, that is a region for using photoshop. This program lets you generate images with impact. Simple to make selections. Take any picture & see how much space to fill like magic. realistic painting. Generate wonderful HDR images, remove noise, add grain & generate images using the tools of photography in the foreground.

Traffic Offences
Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by CHARLOE(m): 8:37am On Jun 10, 2011
Welldone ugo. For those who want free e-books send a mail to digipixstudio@yahoo.com

Re: Ask Your Photoshop Questions Here. by mayorwizy: 12:33am On Jun 16, 2011
Hello,
Please, I would like to get personal contact with you cause I really love photoshop, you can add me up on Facebook. my user name is "Mayor Wizy".

Thank you for your understanding,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cladez Portfolio (2022) / New 4bedroom Bungalow House Plan/building Plan, Architectural Design / I Need Help On Which Dslr Camera To Buy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.