Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector (24952 Views)

FG Funded 422 Persons: Presidency Lists Takeaways From COP28 / Nigerians Are Forgetful Of My Achievements - Buhari / Presidency Lists 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Rising Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by iammaKING(m): 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
If you know you hissed when you read this post ,let's gather here...Angry birds are not allowed..!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by cardoctor(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sam0:
16 years of PDP rule 4000 megawatt,APC 3 years rule 3000 megawatt. The difference is clear

We've started sharing light now 2 days off, 1 day on for the first time in history. So what the f%$k changed?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by dalongjnr: 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
No be lie,power supply have improved small, but we need better supply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by kennosklint(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Which Buhari the lifeless one ba. Jubrin I know buhari I don't
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by luvtoteach(f): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
rahazaqa:
I can attest to the power distribution improvement. Where i live(not an estate), we have atleast 20-22 hours stable power per day except if rains falls.
Supported

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by luvtoteach(f): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrAJQ:
Indeed this is right. Power has really improved in my area
You are on pont, politics apart

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by oshe111(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, power supply has improved during this administration compared to the past ones. Some areas that were lucky to have 3 hours of power now enjoy about 15-18 hours (my parents area as an example). There still room for improvement though
Some areas that were enjoying 15-18hrs power supply are being lucky to have 3hrs of power daily

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Phemzzy123: 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
It a political word it has no meaning is way of eulogizing they maga away followers collect money from whoever they want to weck,suck dry..eg atiku is the victim now they have successful fooling him to believe is the man of the day.that atikulation I pity him

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Bizibi(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
It is better I stop commenting on anything buhari
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by sureheaven(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
It took PDP 16 years to generate 40MW and APC 4 years to generate 3000MW.

God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by thugmansion(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
And to think that we've not had light for over 2 months now. Chaiii
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nevee: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
How can you generate 7,000MW and still transmit same 7,000MW. What happened to technical losses? Smh!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by holuphisayor(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
oshe111:
Some areas that were enjoying 15-18hrs power supply are being lucky to have 3hrs of power daily
Just wanted to say this.
Being enjoying 15-18hrs in January but for the last 6months na 6hrs a day and its even 12am sef

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by QuestionMark910: 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
rahazaqa:
I can attest to the power distribution improvement. Where i live(not an estate), we have atleast 20-22 hours stable power per day except if rains falls.

Where in Nigeria do you live? Please be specific
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by contigiency(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Who in this country doesn't know there has been a remarkable improvement on power supply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by duality(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
For power, you don't need to tell anyone.

People will know on their own.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by QuestionMark910: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
luvtoteach:

Supported
Please tell me which town village or place in Nigeria.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by QuestionMark910: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
contigiency:
Who in this country doesn't know there has been a remarkable improvement on power supply.
Please be specific. Which part of Nigeria are you talking about. Right now there is no light(power) in Abuja satellite towns

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by zicoraads: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
It is not very hard to churn out numbers and talk about this or that. But if you are opportune to spend time with those who are at the lowest rung of the ladder; when you sit down and have conversations with those who are in deep, deep poverty and how terrible their lives are, that is when these numbers become nothing to you.

I power my generator every weekend for hours. And I live in the Power State. So where did they get this numbers from? Buhari's arse?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by mccoyelectric: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Liars

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by JerryGent1983: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
in my own area past administration favored us in the area of Electricity those days we boost of 15 hours of steady power supply everyday and the bill will still be friendly but today some days you can't see Electric light for 3 days and they will still bring unimaginable crazy bill a
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by JerryGent1983: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
at the end of the month
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Kkk777: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
Zero achievement. I leave in mowe in Ogun state and no electric power supply at all despite the crazy bill from phcn.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by vyncentino(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
rahazaqa:
lie Muhammad brother
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Ovofresh: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hmmm. Buhari is seriously not working as we hope.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by jchioma: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
Hmmm. Perhaps the intermittent and erratic light situation is limited only to my area and areas of people I know, virtually every one is complaining. Yet they keep bringing bills. Buhari scored low in power.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Mcreloaded(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
I Left Edo state for Europe some 5 months now but my business manager still claims there is serious power problem where my business is situated in Benin and most of my friends and relations I call always confirm the poor power supply mean while over 50% of my profit goes to powering and maintaining my 2 big gen as one is always for back up .
So who should believe concerning Edo state is it the federal government or persons on ground in Edo state.
I come and tire. Please Benin residents should help me confirm so I know what to do concerning my manager whether he is doing colabo with my relations to defraud me by spending more on diesel 247
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Kkk777: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
sureheaven:
It took PDP 16 years to generate 40MW and APC 4 years to generate 3000MW.

God bless Buhari
God bless Nigeria

On page of newspaper. Clap for yourself.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
nzeobi:
your improvement hasn't reflected in my area here ,it's still the same old story.
estimated and crazy bills are still the other of the day while the prepaid meter is not being distributed.
The Disco dancers are responsible.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Achievements that "is too big that we cannot see" or feel the impact?

Liars!
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Codebrain636813: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Noted

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by ukoshadi(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan disclosed yesterday that the nation’s electricity generation capacity has increased to 6000MW just as he commissioned a 330/132/33kv transmission substation in Gwagwalada, Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The substation, executed by the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) under the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP), is meant to boost the wheeling of generated power to FCT and environs.

Jonathan, who was represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo, also noted that the transmission infrastructure has increased to 5500mw, meaning that the nation is able to wheel much of the generated electricity, depending on the availability of gas.

According to him, the second phase of NIPPs through the hydropower plants would generate up to 4,000mw and step up wheeling capacity to 20,000mw. There are the large hyrdos and the 13 existing medium hydro dams, mostly in the northern part of the country.

The President also noted that his government had worked tirelessly to improve power in the country, stressing that posterity will judge his work positively. He noted that NIPP would soon enter its second phase, while assuring that the project would focus on the construction of hydropower plants, especially in the north.

Jonathan also spoke of efforts to diversify Nigeria’s energy sources in the power sector, stating: “We are confident that posterity will place us on the good side of history. All the projects undertaken under NIPP were professionally advised and executed in the interest of our great country.”

Of the FCT project, he noted: “Gwagwalada substation will evacuate power from ‎434mw Geregu II NIPP plant to the FCT through the 222.6kms 330kV double circuit line from Ajaokuta in Kogi State; there is a final 30km 330kV double circuit line terminating at the Shiroro (Niger State) and Katampe (Abuja) 330kV DC lines.

“Since the completion of these works, the FCT and indeed the national grid have experienced remarkable system stability, especially during system disturbances that have in the past resulted in total system collapse.”

Also speaking, the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, stressed: “We are pleading with those vandalising our gas pipelines to give Nigeria a chance to enjoy what this administration has done. Today we have 6,000mw generation capacity, if there is gas, and we can evacuate up to 5,500mw.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yuguda Hassan Kila Is Dead / Ehie Edison Sworn-In As Governor Fubara's Chief Of Staff / El-rufai - Buhari Has Nothing To Offer, He Should Retire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.