Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector (24964 Views)

FG Funded 422 Persons: Presidency Lists Takeaways From COP28 / Nigerians Are Forgetful Of My Achievements - Buhari / Presidency Lists 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Rising Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sam0:
16 years of PDP rule 4000 megawatt,APC 3 years rule 3000 megawatt. The difference is clear
3000mw on paper not the reality
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
PRYCE:
"The invisible achievements of Jubrin's mal-administration"

LIE Mohammed's next book to be launched in Daura on May 29th, 2019 while the new PDP government is being inaugurated.
Who told that PDP will win?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by edupedia: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=SarkinYarki post=73073034]APC needs to stop this unholy lies of 7000 MWS, it's on record that Jonathan left an installed capacity of 7000 MWS before he left which Buhari wants to claim .. Can Buhari show us just one power plant his govt has initiated that has produced a single Megawatt?[/quotte]

....first prove to us how ya Jonathan take leave 7000kw behind....
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, power supply has improved during this administration compared to the past ones. Some areas that were lucky to have 3 hours of power now enjoy about 15-18 hours (my parents area as an example). There still room for improvement though
That there have been improvement in your parent's area doesn't mean power has improved.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by tonex360: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
15 UNIVERSITIES.... JESU.. shocked IN THIS NIAJA! BY THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT!!! HABA NA.. THEY SHOULD TAKE IT EASY NA.. ATLEAST I HAVEN'T TRAVELLED ABROAD FOUR THE PAST 4 YRS NOW, TO SAY MAY BE THEY DID IT WHEN I WAS AWAY. CHAI.. DERIS GOD O APC.. CONCERNING THE 7000 mega watts, power sector was boosted up to 7000 mega watts during GJ era, HOPE IS NOT WHAT THEY ARE CLAIMING THEY DID! ABI ARE WE NOW HAVING 14000 MEGA WATTS. HMMMMM.....APC I RAISE HAND FOR UNA!
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by argon500: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Why everything con be so that mighty that we can't see.

APC!!! shocked cool
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by new2012: 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nevee:
How can you generate 7,000MW and still transmit same 7,000MW. What happened to technical losses? Smh!

Its scary.. The lies the government spew, the people on the forum that sink this in.
.installed capacity has always been 7000, the transmission and distribution has always been problem..

The government failed to tell of the collapse when transmission failed to zero.

They just picked one figure in the previous administration and used peak in the current administration as yardstick.

How do you trust a government that feed her people lies? But who is more gullible? The non intelligent masses that swallow those lies or those paid to defend the lies?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Felixv: 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Stop fooling yourself it's on record that The Jonathan govt initiated and built 3 times more power plants than Any other govt in Nigeria will the Buhari govt has absolutely zero to it's name ...I challenge you to name the Buhari power plants that produced the 3000 MWS thou are taking of you liar

please send us the statistics......and which record are you talking about.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by OyiboOyibo(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
APC was founded on lies and they won't stop until they all perish
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by somehow: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
I am not enjoying the improvement for now even though street around us are enjoying power while we enjoy just 2pm-5pm (During the day) and 8pm-4am (During the night) making it 11hours per day.

This started this year unlike 2015-2017 that i enjoyed light for at least 18 hours daily.

why should streets very close to me be enjoying 18-20hrs daily and i get 11 hours daily? why?

Fashola and PMB should do something with it!
nzeobi:
your improvement hasn't reflected in my area here ,it's still the same old story.
estimated and crazy bills are still the other of the day while the prepaid meter is not being distributed.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by somehow: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
If this is in Lagos, then na una come collect our light1 angry
rahazaqa:
I can attest to the power distribution improvement. Where i live(not an estate), we have atleast 20-22 hours stable power per day except if rains falls.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by dafclem(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
This present government have actually done
a lot in the power sector but needs to put in more efforts.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mcreloaded:
I Left Edo state for Europe some 5 months now but my business manager still claims there is serious power problem where my business is situated in Benin and most of my friends and relations I call always confirm the poor power supply mean while over 50% of my profit goes to powering and maintaining my 2 big gen as one is always for back up .
So who should believe concerning Edo state is it the federal government or persons on ground in Edo state.
I come and tire. Please Benin residents should help me confirm so I know what to do concerning my manager whether he is doing colabo with my relations to defraud me by spending more on diesel 247
The report I got from friends in Benin city shows that BEDC ration power supply. 3hrs on 6hrs off. Places like Sokoponba gets electricity from 9a.m to 3p.m during the day but I don't know about night. GRA is from 6a.m to 12p.m, 3p.m to 6p.m and then 9p.m to 12a.m. New Benin and environ, Aduwawa, Ugbowo( exception of uniben and ubth), Sapele road, Oluku is 3hrs on 6 hrs off. At times BEDC don't follow the roaster. When it is time for distribution of electricity bills, they increase it a bit

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Osyxcel(m): 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, power supply has improved during this administration compared to the past ones. Some areas that were lucky to have 3 hours of power now enjoy about 15-18 hours (my parents area as an example). There still room for improvement though

I'm guessing it's just a shift and not necessarily an improvement in power generation and distribution. Some areas experiencing better supply could be experiencing worse right now. It happens like that sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by flexerking(m): 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
oshe111:
The Achievements are sooo Massive, thats why we can't see the Light
here is ur ans

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Osyxcel(m): 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
oshe111:
Some areas that were enjoying 15-18hrs power supply are being lucky to have 3hrs of power daily

Exactly. It's just a temporary shift, nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Wahala90: 5:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
Propaganda is when govt increases to 5billion megawatts but you don't receive power in your home.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Kenturkey048(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Stop fooling yourself it's on record that The Jonathan govt initiated and built 3 times more power plants than Any other govt in Nigeria will the Buhari govt has absolutely zero to it's name ...I challenge you to name the Buhari power plants that produced the 3000 MWS thou are taking of you liar
God bless you...Most Nigerian citizens are intellectually dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by badesco(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
This is a government that promise 10000megawatts, yet still battling 4000 or less in most times. For APC to be claiming to have improved on power generation is false. It has even becomes worse on daily basis. Nigerian need change and good government and not APC again.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by akigbemaru: 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
ukoshadi:
PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan disclosed yesterday that the nation’s electricity generation capacity has increased to 6000MW just as he commissioned a 330/132/33kv transmission substation in Gwagwalada, Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The substation, executed by the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) under the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP), is meant to boost the wheeling of generated power to FCT and environs.

Jonathan, who was represented by Vice President Namadi Sambo, also noted that the transmission infrastructure has increased to 5500mw, meaning that the nation is able to wheel much of the generated electricity, depending on the availability of gas.

According to him, the second phase of NIPPs through the hydropower plants would generate up to 4,000mw and step up wheeling capacity to 20,000mw. There are the large hyrdos and the 13 existing medium hydro dams, mostly in the northern part of the country.

The President also noted that his government had worked tirelessly to improve power in the country, stressing that posterity will judge his work positively. He noted that NIPP would soon enter its second phase, while assuring that the project would focus on the construction of hydropower plants, especially in the north.

Jonathan also spoke of efforts to diversify Nigeria’s energy sources in the power sector, stating: “We are confident that posterity will place us on the good side of history. All the projects undertaken under NIPP were professionally advised and executed in the interest of our great country.”

Of the FCT project, he noted: “Gwagwalada substation will evacuate power from ‎434mw Geregu II NIPP plant to the FCT through the 222.6kms 330kV double circuit line from Ajaokuta in Kogi State; there is a final 30km 330kV double circuit line terminating at the Shiroro (Niger State) and Katampe (Abuja) 330kV DC lines.

“Since the completion of these works, the FCT and indeed the national grid have experienced remarkable system stability, especially during system disturbances that have in the past resulted in total system collapse.”

Also speaking, the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, stressed: “We are pleading with those vandalising our gas pipelines to give Nigeria a chance to enjoy what this administration has done. Today we have 6,000mw generation capacity, if there is gas, and we can evacuate up to 5,500mw.”
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Mcreloaded(m): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
asuustrike1:

The report I got from friends in Benin city shows that BEDC ration power supply. 3hrs on 6hrs off. Places like Sokoponba gets electricity from 9a.m to 3p.m during the day but I don't know about night. GRA is from 6a.m to 12p.m, 3p.m to 6p.m and then 9p.m to 12a.m. New Benin and environ, Aduwawa, Ugbowo( exception of uniben and ubth), Sapele road, Oluku is 3hrs on 6 hrs off. At times BEDC don't follow the roaster. When it is time for distribution of electricity bills, they increase it a bit

Thanks very much and hope to use this to checkmate some excess
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by kevoh(m): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
contigiency:
Who in this country doesn't know there has been a remarkable improvement on power supply.
This is day 8 without power where I currently reside in Niger state. Before the 8 days, light hardly comes for more than 2 hours, fridge, freezer have been on holiday over 2 months I moved thete. manyple in my estate are using MTN lumous solar system as the power is nothing to write home about.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by adetayo234: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Baawaa:
This administration is better than previous one,politics apart.If APC rule Nigeria for 8 years,Nigerians will stone all PDP members if say they want power again

During PDP period, my area would have light for 48 hours straight. During APC now, we barely have light for 5 hours per day and the bill has doubled.

If that is your idea of "better", then you have a real big problem
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by alen4smith(m): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:
APC needs to stop this unholy lies of 7000 MWS, it's on record that Jonathan left an installed capacity of 7000 MWS before he left which Buhari wants to claim .. Can Buhari show us just one power plant his govt has initiated that has produced a single Megawatt?
lie kill you there
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by adetayo234: 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sam0:
16 years of PDP rule 4000 megawatt,APC 3 years rule 3000 megawatt. The difference is clear

And you believe this? Or you are one of those paid to sell the destiny of their next generation for 30k per month?
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Miles300: 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
Wen countries are enjoying 24/7 power supply we are here applauding increase and decrease in mega watts ! What’s a country

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by adetayo234: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Stop fooling yourself it's on record that The Jonathan govt initiated and built 3 times more power plants than Any other govt in Nigeria history, the Buhari govt has absolutely zero power plant to it's name ...I challenge you to name the Buhari power plants that produced the 3000 MWS you are talking of you liar

The new modus operandi of zombies, like Sam0, is to write an intentional lie to confuse people. Don't expect his likes to produce a sensible answer to your question; he doesn't have one. He is just commenting because he is paid to comment.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by richidinho(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
PRYCE:
"The invisible achievements of Jubrin's mal-administration"

LIE Mohammed's next book to be launched in Daura on May 29th, 2019 while the new PDP government is being inaugurated.

didnt hear from you again boss!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Ovamboland(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Stop fooling yourself it's on record that The Jonathan govt initiated and built 3 times more power plants than Any other govt in Nigeria history, the Buhari govt has absolutely zero power plant to it's name ...I challenge you to name the Buhari power plants that produced the 3000 MWS you are talking of you liar

Jonathan did not initiate any power plant project. All the power plants he commissioned were part of the NIPP master plan of the Obasanjo government. Many were under construction since 2005/2006. There were stalled by the probe by the house of rep in 2007. A good case was the Alaoji power plant whose turbine could not leave the port as the only access bridge to the site over the Imo river cannot hold the weight of the gas turbine. Granted, it was initiated by the PDP government and it took 16 years to achieve what Jonathan commissioned. Now you ignorantly demand that the same be achieved in 3years.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Otsam(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Edithfavourite:
Below is a statement from the presidency listing all the remarkable successes President Buhari has made in the power sector.

With less than 100 days to the next round of elections, the polity is already charged with so much toxic contents flying back and forth in the media space.

People are therefore forgetting to talk about the wonderful things happening in the country. But there should never be a time we should stop talking about where this country was in 2015 and where it is now, in terms of development:

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/presidency-lists-the-achievements-president-buhari-has-made-in-the-power-sector/

Sorry, i think you made mistake with the topic. It would have been, the achievements of fashola in the last three years or is the government working on that alone?
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by highbeekeys(m): 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

Brother, he is not competing with Jonathan as the president's job is to work or modify the work of the previous administration. Be objective and leave partisan politics alone. Jonathan admin tried in some sectors but was worse in some, sincerely speaking. but so is every government in the world. it shouldn't just be as bad as it is in Nigeria. Jonathan had six years.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos: Oluwaseyi Tinubu, Son Of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Called To Bar / Buhari Breaks Ramadan Fast With Ministers / The Irascible Bohemian Fayose(photo)- The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.