Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector (24975 Views)

FG Funded 422 Persons: Presidency Lists Takeaways From COP28 / Nigerians Are Forgetful Of My Achievements - Buhari / Presidency Lists 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Rising Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Edithfavourite:
Below is a statement from the presidency listing all the remarkable successes President Buhari has made in the power sector.

With less than 100 days to the next round of elections, the polity is already charged with so much toxic contents flying back and forth in the media space.

People are therefore forgetting to talk about the wonderful things happening in the country. But there should never be a time we should stop talking about where this country was in 2015 and where it is now, in terms of development:

Read more:

https://zenithnaija.com/presidency-lists-the-achievements-president-buhari-has-made-in-the-power-sector/

Regardless of what is been highlighted ,THE POWER SITUATION IN BENIN IS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Roadto2019: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
dominique:
To be sincere, power supply has improved during this administration compared to the past ones. Some areas that were lucky to have 3 hours of power now enjoy about 15-18 hours (my parents area as an example). There still room for improvement though
It has not improve generally. That is not sign of improvement. It is rubbing Peter to Pay Paul. We dey suffer light here in Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by SarkinYarki: 6:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ovamboland:

Jonathan did not initiate any power plant project. All the power plants he commissioned were part of the NIPP master plan of the Obasanjo government. Many were under construction since 2005/2006. There were stalled by the probe by the house of rep in 2007. A good case was the Alaoji power plant whose turbine could not leave the port as the only access bridge to the site over the Imo river cannot hold the weight of the gas turbine. Granted, it was initiated by the PDP government and it took 16 years to achieve what Jonathan commissioned. Now you ignorantly demand that the same be achieved in 3years.

Okay let me give you the names of power plants initiated by GEJ and dates initiated

Alaoji Power Station 1074MW 2012

Calabar Power Station 560MW 2012

Egbema Power Station 338MW 2012

Ihovbor Power station 450 MW 2013

Omoku Power Station 225MW 2012

Azura Power Station 450 MWS 2014

Itobe power plant 1200 MW 2014

KANO power station 100MW 2015

Now Below are those initiated by OBJ but completed by GEJ

Aba power station 270 MWS completed 2012

Geregu phase 2 434 MWS completed 2012

Olurunsogo phase 2 675 MW completed 2012

Omotosho phase 2 450mw completed 2012

Sapele power station 450 MWS completed 2012

Akwa Ibom Power plant 191Mws completed 2011

Zamafara power Station 100MW completed 2012

Please show me one that Buhari has even initiated since 1983 till date

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by RTSC: 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
All of una wey dey claim say light don improve because you have light in your tiny areaare all mad.

Electricity in my area is so epileptic that ironing your clothes is war.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by adescopy(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
calamus:
I'm coming let me read the trash first.

OK, I have read the trash, and it was trash, as I predicted.

Unfortunately, I have traversed the Northern states of Nigeria, very often enough to know that the North has been enjoying power since years gone by. I have two questions...

1. How is it that most of the HYDRO-electric power plants are in the North, when it is needless to say that the Southern part of Nigeria has proximity to the biggest water bodies in Nigeria?

2. How come they are still generating, transmitting and distributing power in the North, while the South is wallowing in darkness and epileptic power supply?

I was thinking that it is the usual bill-dey-come end of month LEPA supply plan, I didn't know that this new 8-hr light a day plan is to asseverate these bogus claims of these nefarious recalcitrants.

ndi uchu!
Brother sentiments apart, if you look at the map of Nigeria you will see that the North( mostly central) has more big rivers than south that is more blessed with seas and oceans.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Jonegonu: 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:
APC needs to stop this unholy lies of 7000 MWS, it's on record that Jonathan left an installed capacity of 7000 MWS before he left which Buhari wants to claim .. Can Buhari show us just one power plant his govt has initiated that has produced a single Megawatt?

Okay let me give you the names of power plants initiated by GEJ and dates initiated

Alaoji Power Station 1074MW.

. My brother if all this you listed here are to be truth and correct that means that Nigeria will be out of power failure. So you just lied.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by sammie99: 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Thank u pmb 4 ur theoretical class

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by drey076(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Baawaa:
This administration is better than previous one,politics apart.If APC rule Nigeria for 8 years,Nigerians will stone all PDP members if say they want power again
Fact

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by yommen: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
The Distribution Company is a private company that has a responsibility to account for the energy in billing and cash collection. When they realise that Nigerians are not willing to pay for electricity, they reduce energy supply so as to minimise loss. Or what can you make of it when customers use average of 20 hours per day with all forms of hot plates and no longer buy fuel but just want to pay 3-4k Naira? Nigerians prefer to actually pay more for 4 hours of generator than pay for 18 hours of electricity.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by searchproject(f): 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
Achieve Gini

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by SarkinYarki: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
Jonegonu:
. My brother if all this you listed here are to be truth and correct that means that Nigeria will be out of power failure. So you just lied.

Nigeria need 20 thousand MWs be completely out of darkness of the woods ..
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by jaxxy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
Baawaa:
This administration is better than previous one,politics apart.If APC rule Nigeria for 8 years,Nigerians will stone all PDP members if say they want power again

I can’t take anything done in the last 4months by this Govt seriously I believe it’s just election gimmicks at work.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
Thank God for my line of business. I am on a generating sets as a I type this. It has been so for days now

rahazaqa:
I can attest to the power distribution improvement. Where i live(not an estate), we have atleast 20-22 hours stable power per day except if rains falls.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Smylns1: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
This development wey them dey list reflect for your own side?
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by chinedumoooo: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Realdeals:
They should not speak without ambiguity

They should list the Nine universities and 15 markets that have been lit up.
Alialia aba market is one of them,all are factual not false you can visit those places if you care.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by flexerking(m): 7:57pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oregbe17:

Regardless of what is been highlighted ,THE POWER SITUATION IN BENIN IS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT
abi light in benin is beyond horrible.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by jonuel1(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
calamus:
I'm coming let me read the trash first.

OK, I have read the trash, and it was trash, as I predicted.

Unfortunately, I have traversed the Northern states of Nigeria, very often enough to know that the North has been enjoying power since years gone by. I have two questions...

1. How is it that most of the HYDRO-electric power plants are in the North, when it is needless to say that the Southern part of Nigeria has proximity to the biggest water bodies in Nigeria?

2. How come they are still generating, transmitting and distributing power in the North, while the South is wallowing in darkness and epileptic power supply?

I was thinking that it is the usual bill-dey-come end of month LEPA supply plan, I didn't know that this new 8-hr light a day plan is to asseverate these bogus claims of these nefarious recalcitrants.

ndi uchu!

yours is good!
where i served, we were on permanent night plan that wasnt constant....
now they do 6hrs supply and light wont be constant for the whole 6hrs
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by jonuel1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Baawaa:

kindly mention the sector they did well....
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Baawaa(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
adetayo234:

During PDP period, my area would have light for 48 hours straight. During APC now, we barely have light for 5 hours per day and the bill has doubled.

If that is your idea of "better", then you have a real big problem
Please where is your area, because reverse is the here,it is now we are enjoying power.not 24 hours but at least we get 16 hours
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Great2017: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
yommen:
The Distribution Company is a private company that has a responsibility to account for the energy in billing and cash collection. When they realise that Nigerians are not willing to pay for electricity, they reduce energy supply so as to minimise loss. [b]Or what can you make of it when customers use average of 20 hours per day with all forms of hot plates and no longer buy fuel but just want to pay 3-4k Naira? [/b]Nigerians prefer to actually pay more for 4 hours of generator than pay for 18 hours of electricity.
I smell a lie. Can you substantiate your claim with specific distributed and consumption power outputs with corresponding periods?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by KHRIZ565(m): 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Good one bro
jonuel1:

Good one bro
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by ericmor: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:
APC needs to stop this unholy lies of 7000 MWS, it's on record that Jonathan left an installed capacity of 7000 MWS before he left which Buhari wants to claim .. Can Buhari show us just one power plant his govt has initiated that has produced a single Megawatt?

I just tire for all these politicians, dis one will come and say one thing, the other one will say is not true. All I want is development and at list 18hrs of power a day for now not to be saying things I don’t see in a developed area here in Lagos. I don’t care who did it, all I want is good governance
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
somehow:
If this is in Lagos, then na una come collect our light1 angry
Na IB o
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by huntax(m): 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sam0:
16 years of PDP rule 4000 megawatt,APC 3 years rule 3000 megawatt. The difference is clear

All I see is minus 1,000 MW
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by NairaandNigeria: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

The fact you need to understand is that power plants are built in lines. As you have written that OBJ completed 2lines in Geregu and Olorunsogo, now how many lines are working now? Definitely there have been expansion on these power generation stations from 2 running lines to 4 running lines. This has been transformed to increase in power generation
Also Egbin power station which have 2 lines running not optimally, maintenance has been carried out on the faulty lines and now we have at least 4 lines running.
So if you hear increase in power generation without building power plant, know that 2things must have been done
1. Effective maintenance on faulty generating lines
2.Expansion of the existing getting lines

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Amos15: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
APC and lies eeehhh. The light situation in my area ( Gwagwalada, Abuja) has gone from bad to worst. Maybe the 7000mws is meant for only Asokoro, Maitama and Aso rock
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by bluefilm: 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
The kain light wey I dey enjoy these days, e dey make me pity npa chibuike wey dey service my gen.

Chai.

In fact, sai sai sai baba

Things can only get better.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by buhariguy(m): 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Omeokachie:
Phantom achievements grin

They are so big that we can't see them!
the blind can not see any project .
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by buhariguy(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oregbe17:

for the past 2wk in Benin, no light, no water, poor internet network,
That same 2wk again, arm robbers are on rampage from Lagos street to ekemwan road, they were able to robbed me because of the power outage.
But the truth of it is that we use to have light btw 12-15hr daily before now.
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Rexnegro(m): 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
nzeobi:
your improvement hasn't reflected in my area here ,it's still the same old story.
estimated and crazy bills are still the other of the day while the prepaid meter is not being distributed.
over here we just used almost 100k take get prepaid meter , Installed and in use now ... if they like make they no bring light again the 7000 units it card will be there ...na them Sabi
Re: Presidency Lists The Achievements Buhari Has Made In The Power Sector by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 19, 2018
jonuel1:

If you no c go and blind ur face cos it wont c again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Are Now Ready For Election, Says INEC / Defections Will Not Affect Tinubu - Henry Ajomale / Fresh Crisis Looms In PDP Over Tinubu’s Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.