Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account (35378 Views)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / Man Threatens To Rape A Lady For Wearing Black Bra, Twitter Suspends His Account / Onyechere Ibeakanma Commits Suicide, UBA Banker Left N16m In His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Yankee101: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
It went viral and someone would lose their job. Na PR and self preservation. No be charity
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by LWFashion(f): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ahmed0336:
Lemme bookmark this.

Online fraudsters made away with my friend in-law's 2 million naira which happened to be her retirement benefi. She banks with UBA and her case is similar to this

Rare act of kindness....
Don't be mistaken. wink
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by solonazzy: 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
No bank wants a bad name but this is very rare. Kudos UBA!
its nt rare trust me.....dey just prevent it from even getting to social media
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Born2Breed(f): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2018
If you have money in your bank account without any immediate plan, my advice is put it in a Fixed Deposit.
These banks security are not safe, how can one remove money from my account just because they have my phone. It's very confusing.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Herkim(m): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
Mind you it was not the bank that refunded the money It was refunded by the bank officials who failed to blocked the man's account as at when due.

Those guys must have been sanctioned by now for Negligence of duty, using their November salary yet to be collected to pay for it.

The sanction may also include One month suspension.

NOC1:
I said it that the bank will refund the money.

5 Likes

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by ericmor: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
UBA are just wise. I remember in the story writing they said the man called the bank and asked them to blocked his account because he just lost his phone with SIM card in it which the bank refused to. In that case, the bank will be sue and will have to pay more if the man win that case. My own thought tho
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Instinct20(m): 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
Now see advertisement! They'll lowkey trace the thief and get their money back. But the advert has served its purpose.

Sense will not kill this bank. grin grin
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by frozen70(f): 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
Toflez:
just like that

If he sues UBA they will pay more because he has already made a report but the bank didn't act fast
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by ikezudon(m): 9:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Rare act of kindness my foot!

Nigerians are ignorant with the "let me leave everything for God"

Jimasun jare.. It is the bank's responsibility to replace the funds. They are liable to legal action, as well as sanctions from the CBN (that is if you report to them..they actually have a department that deals with cases like this). But Nigerians do not report these kinda cases to the apex body. There are sanctions for the erring bank in cases like this because for your funds to be stolen without your authorization, it shows weakness in the security system of the said bank, thus highlighting the fact that funds are not safe. If you can't guarantee the safety of your customers funds, then you shouldn't be in business.

Always report cases like this to the CBN.. They are there for you, and not only for making currency available.

1 Like

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nicely done UBA.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Ekpeikot(m): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nice one that's my Bank.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by DavidEsq(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
He collapsed because of 200k undecided

Buhari has killed the country

Poverty everywhere
Look at this two naira mumu, talking.

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by DavidEsq(m): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
ikezudon:
Rare act of kindness my foot!

Nigerians are ignorant with the "let me leave everything for God"

Jimasun jare.. It is the bank's responsibility to replace the funds. They are liable to legal action, as well as sanctions from the CBN (that is if you report to them..they actually have a department that deals with cases like this). But Nigerians do not report these kinda cases to the apex body. There are sanctions for the erring bank in cases like this because for your funds to be stolen without your authorization, it shows weakness in the security system of the said bank, thus highlighting the fact that funds are not safe. If you can't guarantee the safety of your customers funds, then you shouldn't be in business.

Always report cases like this to the CBN.. They are there for you, and not only for making currency available.
After all dis plenty talk, u didn't give us a simple link or contact for laying our complaints. Typical of a Nigerian; dem sabi talk with little impact

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Eagba(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
nonsense news. giving him back the money shows empathy, but a nice society doesn't survive on empathy alone. The right should be done, that's getting the fraudsters so they face justice. so they don't try it on someone else. Getting them is quite easy, you just need technology and technical know how.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by pedrilo: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
safarigirl:
Rare act of kindness and compassion ke?

Did the man not report the stolen phone and ask them to lock the account before his money was stolen?

If they didn't give him back his money, he could have sued them and they would have paid in millions.

It is a rare act of common sense, not compassion.
and as a banker, wat a lot of people dnt know is that the staff in question will be slammed with that amount as staff loan. the bank cannot lose in this kind of matter.

3 Likes

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by elvision1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
safarigirl:

Did the man not report the stolen phone and ask them to lock the account before his money was stolen?

If they didn't give him back his money, he could have sued them and they would have paid in millions.

Wadup, long time, used to roll back in the days in ''diss the emcee above you'' rap thread

1 Like

Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by incomeboostng: 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
hmmmm.... okay o
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by ayobamiakinrind(m): 12:44am On Nov 19, 2018
safarigirl:

exactly. UBA is fond of that negligence.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by icogb: 3:44am On Nov 19, 2018
safarigirl:

With what proof? He is not wif whatever form he filled. UBA could have easily searched and burnt d form den deny anyfn like dat ever happened. So?
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by icogb: 3:48am On Nov 19, 2018
overdrive:

same here my old woman was fleeced of #250000 from her first bank account to the extent that they made online payments also transferring to their first bank account yet first bank management did NOTHING.!
First bank is jst sth else. Have you ever tried calling their customer care line? Worst! Jst sth as simple as dat? So happy since I closed my acct wif dem.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2018
Adesouth:
Patience we know.....who the F is Patient again
People who mock her are even worse.
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by rummmy: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Ibcrown:
Them thief millions from my guy account, till date nothing is done. Anyway, kudos to UBA
no be only millions....Kontinue Mr linus
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 19, 2018
safarigirl:

Sue them with wetin grin
Re: UBA Refunds Customer Whose Money Was Stolen From His Account by Penywise(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2018
Last 3 years when $100 disappeared from my account, UBA didn't do anything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pamilerin Babatunde: 4-Year-Old Girl Kidnapped In Ikorodu / Four Killed As Factional NURTW Members Clash In Lagos / Man Electrocuted While Attempting To Steal Transformer Cables In Minna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.