Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK (221453 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ASwizzle: 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
Is it possible to apply without having an international passport at the time of application?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ASwizzle: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
scarplanet:

Statement of Purpose is actually an expression of your own intents... I do not know if you can get any sample that would be of much help to u
You can at least tell us how it can be properly structured if you have an idea.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Feraz(m): 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2018
DMainMan:
ON APPLICATION

Apply through the following link:

http://ptdf.flexisaf.com/

CHECK THE NAMES OF ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS AND COURSES IN FRANCE, GERMANY AND UK HERE:

http://ptdf.gov.ng/2018/11/19/5734/

http://ptdf.gov.ng/scholarship-page/

APPLICATION DEADLINE

December 31st, 2019 at 12 midnight
Boss Boss!!!

Thanks for the update. Very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by meetanwo(m): 9:34am On Nov 21, 2018
I discovered you can only register, you can't login to continue your registration. Somebody else should confirm this
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 21, 2018
true sir
meetanwo:
I discovered you can only register, you can't login to continue your registration. Somebody else should confirm this
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by omgtzsammie(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
meetanwo:

Yhu can actually log in buh in the space to choose yhur preferred schools ND country.. Only the UK schools have their courses uploaded but for France ND Germany yhu can't pick yhur preferred course after picking yhur preferred institution and this leave yhu stuck with the first page. I guess maybe they are still working on it..

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by kebisky: 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
Well, I have finished my application. I picked UK schools all through but different courses.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by omgtzsammie(m): 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
kebisky:
Well, I have finished my application. I picked UK schools all through but different courses.

Lolz.. Sharp guy... I'll jst wait a little 31st December is still far jawe..
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by yetiyemi88: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
Somebody please help me. All I see on school of preference are Nigerian School. I am applying for Master. Those that have concluded, was it Masters you applied for?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by omgtzsammie(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
yetiyemi88:
Somebody please help me. All I see on school of preference are Nigerian School. I am applying for Master. Those that have concluded, was it Masters you applied for?

How did yhu get past the first page??.. Did yhu pick UK universities as all of yhur 3 choices??
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by yetiyemi88: 3:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
I cannot even see the option. My first page is just personal profile
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by omgtzsammie(m): 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
yetiyemi88:
I cannot even see the option. My first page is just personal profile

Open the ptdf site first.. Then yhu av to first of all register.. An email will be sent to yhu after yhur registration containing yhur pin which you'll use to log in.. After logging in you'll have to agree to their terms and after that you'll see d foreign schools.. I hope dis helps yhu sha
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by yetiyemi88: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
It does not give me any further option after I accept the terms. It takes me straight to applicant's info which is my bio data. I even had to use a different email address to start all over
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Aleeyupela: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
Please abt the issue of transcript..can a photocopy of the transcript work? because i tried hard..all i can get is a photocopy of my original transcript..Can it work??
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by kebisky: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
yetiyemi88:
It does not give me any further option after I accept the terms. It takes me straight to applicant's info which is my bio data. I even had to use a different email address to start all over
It's probably a glitch in the system. I had the same issue at first. Just continue with the registration and fill in other relevant information But do not submit yet. When it's all resolved you can login again and find provision to select foreign university, reference, publication e.t.c
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Brokenvessels: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
Yes you are
jemmyjae:
I have BSC Microbiology Pls m i eligible to apply 4 ptdf?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by yetiyemi88: 4:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
The funny thing is that it's not even allowing me submit, Even with a Nigerian School chosen.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Brokenvessels: 4:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
Apply with what you have.
Aleeyupela:
Please abt the issue of transcript..can a photocopy of the transcript work? because i tried hard..all i can get is a photocopy of my original transcript..Can it work??
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by meetanwo(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
The new message is portal closed for now
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ranger123: 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Aleeyupela:

Is transcript required for this application stage?? I thought they said only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their transcript.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Brokenvessels: 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
I was randomly scrolling through nairaland in march this year when i saw the advert for this years uk scholarship. I decided to apply since it wont cost me anything but data. I was shortlisted for interview and also made the final selection. I am currently pursuing my msc in the uk in one of the best universities in the world, just because of a split second decision i made in applying. The scholarship is legit, and the selection process was merit based. I will advise anyone interested to apply and not be skeptical and hope for the best. They wouldnt have called for applications if the funding for sponsoring the scholars isnt available.Your flight, visa processing, fees and stipends will be taken care of by the scholarship. In our case, they even paid for priority visa processing. All the best.
dyydxx:
any update on those that just concluded theirs.

I hope it's not like the ones FG abandons and dont pay

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ranger123: 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brokenvessels:
I was randomly scrolling through nairaland in march this year when i saw the advert for this years uk scholarship. I decided to apply since it wont cost me anything but data. I was shortlisted for interview and also made the final selection. I am currently pursuing my msc in the uk in one of the best universities in the world, just because of a split second decision i made in applying. The scholarship is legit, and the selection process was merit based. I will advise anyone interested to apply and not be skeptical and hope for the best. They wouldnt have called for applications if the funding for sponsoring the scholars isnt available.Your flight, visa processing, fees and stipends will be taken care of by the scholarship. In our case, they even paid for priority visa processing. All the best.

Brokenvessel thanks for the encouraging words . I have some questions to ask if you don't mind. Could I PM you?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by omgtzsammie(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brokenvessels:

Good day sir, I have some questions to ask can I send you a pm??
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by emeritus007: 6:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brokenvessels:
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ASwizzle: 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brokenvessels:
Please any question that these guys ask you privately and you feel everyone would benefit from, kindly share publicly on here. Thanks.

To the questioneer, if everyone that views this thread decides to send u a pm, will you be able to answer everybody?

4 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2018
Why not ask your questions on this platform and receive your response? This is important because anyone who reads the thread in subsequent years will actually benefit from it.

Truth is there is no rocket science in getting the scholarship. Aside the favour of God involved, your ability to be smart and paying attention to minute details matters alot.

Second truth is... If you are waiting to get a sample Statement of Purpose, then i must frankly say that it is the beginning of failure. There is nothing as noteworthy and important as formulating the statement of purpose in your own words and your own experience. This is because in months to come, you can clearly defend what you have written because it typically embodies you.
1. You should be familiar with PTDF's vision and core mandates. Try to build your SoP around these mandates (Very Helpful).
2. Specifically mention what you intend to accomplish during studies. Focus on your strengths.
3. Be sure to state how the knowledge gathered from the studies can be applied in solving real problems; not really pertaining to oil and gas.
4. DO NOT for any reason mention that you hope to get a good job abroad after studies to practise what you have learnt.
5. It will be beneficial to state that you are looking forward to diversifying... meaning while focusing on your studies, you wouldnt mind acquiring other skills (mention these skills).
6. One of the mandate of PTDF is human capital development. so you are expected to show command of good level of leadership, communication, interpersonal and problem solving capabilities.

Finally like i always tell people, focus on building yourself. Truth is whether you are for MSc or PhD, three things should stand you are - Academic Qualification, Publications, and Awards and Membership of Professional Bodies. Not everyone would have a First class honours, but while someone with a first class might have a little advantage, a fellow without a first class honours can be chosen ahead of the first class (Trust me, i am not bluffing)!
My point is, do not lay all emphasis on the statement of purpose and forget other very important areas.

Cheers.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 9:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
dyydxx:
any update on those that just concluded theirs.

I hope it's not like the ones FG abandons and dont pay

This is a Life Changing Scholarship... Yeah, I am sure you read me correctly!

Just put in your very best, starting from now during registrations. And remember to always look up to God all the way!

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Aleeyupela: 10:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
ranger123:

Is transcript required for this application stage?? I thought they said only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their transcript.
Yeah i mean after shortlisting..
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by omgtzsammie(m): 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Brokenvessels:

Am sorry yhall for not wanting to ask dis questions here at first.. I know most of us who read brokenvessel's post would be wondering what class of degree he had, if he had any publication or if he had any national award of if he's a member of a professional body.. Dis was the questions I wanted to ask him.. Since av already listed them here, maybe he could help us throw more light on these questions.. Thank you sire
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ranger123: 11:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
scarplanet:
Why not ask your questions on this platform and receive your response? This is important because anyone who reads the thread in subsequent years will actually benefit from it.

Truth is there is no rocket science in getting the scholarship. Aside the favour of God involved, your ability to be smart and paying attention to minute details matters alot.

Second truth is... If you are waiting to get a sample Statement of Purpose, then i must frankly say that it is the beginning of failure. There is nothing as noteworthy and important as formulating the statement of purpose in your own words and your own experience. This is because in months to come, you can clearly defend what you have written because it typically embodies you.
1. You should be familiar with PTDF's vision and core mandates. Try to build your SoP around these mandates (Very Helpful).
2. Specifically mention what you intend to accomplish during studies. Focus on your strengths.
3. Be sure to state how the knowledge gathered from the studies can be applied in solving real problems; not really pertaining to oil and gas.
4. DO NOT for any reason mention that you hope to get a good job abroad after studies to practise what you have learnt.
5. It will be beneficial to state that you are looking forward to diversifying... meaning while focusing on your studies, you wouldnt mind acquiring other skills (mention these skills).
6. One of the mandate of PTDF is human capital development. so you are expected to show command of good level of leadership, communication, interpersonal and problem solving capabilities.

Finally like i always tell people, focus on building yourself. Truth is whether you are for MSc or PhD, three things should stand you are - Academic Qualification, Publications, and Awards and Membership of Professional Bodies. Not everyone would have a First class honours, but while someone with a first class might have a little advantage, a fellow without a first class honours can be chosen ahead of the first class (Trust me, i am not bluffing)!
My point is, do not lay all emphasis on the statement of purpose and forget other very important areas.

Cheers.

Bro. Wanted to ask if he could help check my motivation letter when I'm through nd get insights on the things he did that made his application stand out
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by alfarouq(m): 3:54am On Nov 22, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission(official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.