Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK - Education (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK (221525 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by PrestraphD(m): 10:33am On Apr 30, 2019
Pathetic fellow. So my brother and 3 of my friends that got it last year had this connection yet I from same family disnt have d connection and wasn't shortlisted. Shallow mind
isyourboy:

I pity Nigerian youth. When they've already shortlisted the names of those to be awarded the scholarship. you're here talking about the interview. everything na connection Abeg

5 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by lubriderm(f): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2019
Please what are the types of Awards that are accepted or considered as valid. I would appreciate response from any one. Thanks
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Wonder2019: 10:57am On Apr 30, 2019
lubriderm:
Please what are the types of Awards that are accepted or considered as valid. I would appreciate response from any one. Thanks

Take along with you every piece of award or supporting evidences you have. You don't know the type of panelists you will meet. Odds may favour you and the ones you feel aren't gonna be accepted may even be considered. All the best bro..

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by jackals(f): 11:12am On Apr 30, 2019
people are too serious in life. right now @ Ptdf UI centre. was even greeting some people as we were seated they couldn't answer. is it a war??

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by theSpark(m): 11:16am On Apr 30, 2019
^^^
A lot of people are tensed right now. For real the tension is thick.
Don't forget to tell the interviewers they smell nice sha..

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
UPDATE FROM UNIPORT CENTER!
I actually got to the centre around 8AM today, and walked strait to the IPS conference hall, been my undergraduate school, I am familiar with all the nooks and cranny of the campus. Not quite long, a young man neatly dressed in a grey suit walked into the hall to give us a brief orientation of the campus, should in case of emergency and what is expected of us from the panellist. However, the assistant director of IPS had earlier informed us to make copies of our SOP and keep it handy. After that, we were divided into groups. My group fell within the Engineering Group 2 and i was the first candidate to be interviewed. We were then called into another waiting room in a group of four. By then the tension have started building in, I could hear some PTDF staff from Abuja walking to and fro, telling the candidates not to panic as it was just going to be an informal interactive session, they even went ahead to explain to us how some candidates were made to cry yesterday as a result of panic. All of a sudden I heard my name and I answered present, I was carefully ushered into the interview room, where I saw some neatly dressed gentle men. From their attires, i could immediately depict they were from the North. One of them smiled at me and made a gesture, ushering me into the HOT SEAT. Before i sat down, i greeted the panellist and all answered in affirmation. All of a sudden, the chief interviewer said to me, young man, can I see your credentials? and I handed him over my file, he flipped through while he asked me, any award? I said yes! Four in number, two academics merit based scholarship awards, one leadership and one volunteer! He said I can't find them, can you help me sort them out? I quickly stood up from the hot seat and walked towards him to assist in sorting the credentials. While I flipped through my file, I was seriously sweating in the almost freezing AC in the interview room. I now brought it out one after the other, out of the four I handed over to him, three were rejected on account that they were irrelevant to the issue at stake. the one that pained me most was the award from PTDF on the ENGINEERING DESIGN TRAINING PROGRAM in 2008 was also rejected for improper documentation. We had to ague it over for the next 45mins. But all plea went on deaf ears. All of a sudden he shouted, one award and two publications. When he looked at my face, it was no longer friendly, though I managed to put up a smile. He said to me, young man you still have gotten great profile, honestly speaking I like your Profile. The next, he asked what are your passion for studying abroad, and I answered! At this point in time, they were blasting me with technical questions from left and right. Then suddenly, the chief interviewer asked me, what do you do now, I answered. He said you have a background in PETROLEUM ENGINEERING and want to go for Management, WHY! I explained in details. They all kept mute for a while. All of a sudden, one of them looked at me and asked if i still want to context the award issue, and I answered, SIR YOU ARE THE REF. IN THIS GAME, SO IF YOU THINK FROM THE GUIDELINE THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARDS, SO BE IT. He nodded his head in affirmation and asked me not to worry that I already have gotten a great profile, and finally called in the next candidate. THIS IS THE BEST I CAN SAY SO FAR. From my analysis so far, i think the UNIPORT centre is very discreet and proficient in this job! So if you are going there, you have to buckle up your belt.

theSpark:
^^^

A lot of people are tensed right now. For real the tension is thick.

Don't forget to tell the interviewers they smell nice sha..

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
jackals:
people are too serious in life. right now @ Ptdf UI centre. was even greeting some people as we were seated they couldn't answer. is it a war??

Maybe they didn't hear grin grin. Are you still there? I interviewd at the place too.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by bolarinwa346(m): 1:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sheddy79:
I actually got to the centre around 8AM today, and walked strait to the IPS conference hall, been my undergraduate school, I am familiar with all the nooks and cranny of the campus. Not quite long, a young man neatly dressed in a grey suit walked into the hall to give us a brief orientation of the campus, should in case of emergency and what is expected of us from the panellist. However, the assistant director of IPS had earlier informed us to make copies of our SOP and keep it handy. After that, we were divided into groups. My group fell within the Engineering Group 2 and i was the first candidate to be interviewed. We were then called into another waiting room in a group of four. By then the tension have started building in, I could hear some PTDF staff from Abuja walking to and fro, telling the candidates not to panic as it was just going to be an informal interactive session, they even went ahead to explain to us how some candidates were made to cry yesterday as a result of panic. All of a sudden I heard my name and I answered present, I was carefully ushered into the interview room, where I saw some neatly dressed gentle men. From their attires, i could immediately depict they were from the North. One of them smiled at me and made a gesture, ushering me into the HOT SEAT. Before i sat down, i greeted the panellist and all answered in affirmation. All of a sudden, the chief interviewer said to me, young man, can I see your credentials? and I handed him over my file, he flipped through while he asked me, any award? I said yes! Four in number, two academics merit based scholarship awards, one leadership and one volunteer! He said I can't find them, can you help me sort them out? I quickly stood up from the hot seat and walked towards him to assist in sorting the credentials. While I flipped through my file, I was seriously sweating in the almost freezing AC in the interview room. I now brought it out one after the other, out of the four I handed over to him, three were rejected on account that they were irrelevant to the issue at stake. the one that pained me most was the award from PTDF on the ENGINEERING DESIGN TRAINING PROGRAM in 2008 was also rejected for improper documentation. We had to ague it over for the next 45mins. But all plea went on deaf ears. All of a sudden he shouted, one award and two publications. When he looked at my face, it was no longer friendly, though I managed to put up a smile. He said to me, young man you still have gotten great profile, honestly speaking I like your Profile. The next, he asked what are your passion for studying abroad, and I answered! At this point in time, they were blasting me with technical questions from left and right. Then suddenly, the chief interviewer asked me, what do you do now, I answered. He said you have a background in PETROLEUM ENGINEERING and want to go for Management, WHY! I explained in details. They all kept mute for a while. All of a sudden, one of them looked at me and asked if i still want to context the award issue, and I answered, SIR YOU ARE THE REF. IN THIS GAME, SO IF YOU THINK FROM THE GUIDELINE THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARDS, SO BE IT. He nodded his head in affirmation and asked me not to worry that I already have gotten a great profile, and finally called in the next candidate. THIS IS THE BEST I CAN SAY SO FAR. From my analysis so far, i think the UNIPORT centre is very discreet and proficient in this job! So if you are going there, you have to buckle up your belt.

Thanks.
We are still waiting patiently at the IPS Conference hall
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Minnieny: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Which of the awards was accepted? Is it the volunteer award? Cos I have a volunteer award also and two others, and they accepted all the three awards I gave them. They even accepted a grant proposal write-up that I gave to them in other to cover up for my publication cos I have no publication yet, to which they told me that it was very good. The proposal was published on the Elsevier site (for being among the top 50 proposals) because they hosted it. But I don't know if they shifted it to award or left it in the publication section. My interview was at Ibadan.

Sheddy79:

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by nana06: 4:19pm On Apr 30, 2019
Minnieny:
Which of the awards was accepted? Is it the volunteer award? Cos I have a volunteer award also and two others, and they accepted all the three awards I gave them. They even accepted a grant proposal write-up that I gave to them in other to cover up for my publication cos I have no publication yet, to which they told me that it was very good. The proposal was published on the Elsevier site (for being among the top 50 proposals) because they hosted it. But I don't know if they shifted it to award or left it in the publication section. My interview was at Ibadan.

D thing is that people carry different levels of grace

3 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Solverform(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
Please when are they likely to call for the locals?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Minnieny: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
nana06:

Abi?? Great statement!!

Have you done your interview??
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by myhotjobz: 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
The Scholarship opportunity is open to Undergraduate and Master students in tertiary institutions globally to promote academic excellence in their various disciplines. Students who show outstanding performance in our online (e-test) qualifying assessments will be awarded study grants and other scholarship awards.The registration portal is available on https://www.scholar.com.ng/

The Scholarship is an initiative of Dominahl Technologies, a leading global provider of electronic assessment (e-testing) solutions. We are poised to revolutionize Information technology and education globally therefore we are awarding scholarship opportunities to outstanding Undergraduate and Master Students in all Tertiary Institutions across the globe.

Rewards

Outstanding Students will be Awarded Study Grants, Scholarship Opportunities and Cash Prizes

Eligibility

> Candidates must be a registered student in a University/Polytechnic.

> Candidates must have a CGPA not less than 2.0 in a 5pt scale or 1.5 in a 4pt scale.

> Candidates registering as Masters Students must have a Minimum of a Second Class (Lower) degree not less than 2.80 in a 5pt Scale.

Register at
https://scholar.com.ng/register

Circulate to all Nigerian Students

DMainMan:
The Strategic Partnership Scholarship

The Strategic Partnership Scholarship was developed to
improve the Funds’ Overseas Scholarship Scheme by
offering candidates the opportunity to benefit from a
diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by
world-class institutions across the globe.
In recognition of the fact that the best education can be
found on numerous shores, the Fund has sought out
strategic partnerships in UK, France and Germany.

Required Documents

Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:

First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
NYSC discharge certificate
WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
Recent Passport Photograph
Local Government Identification Letter
Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
Evidence of membership of professional associations

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Ongoing PhD Candidates could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
Candidates who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same type of programme, except a higher programme

http://ptdf.gov.ng/2018/11/19/5734/

cc: Seun and Lalaclasticla

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by playfulvivo: 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
Good day house. I really don't know whether to honour my interview invite for the following reasons
1. I have a first degree from biochemistry
2. I have a masters degree in pharm chem
3. my publications are not even in oil and gas. The closest being in renewable energy and majorly in natural product chemistry
Going by the nature of the scholarship coverage area do you advice i go for the interview. I merely put a proposal together and was surprised i was shortlisted.
I need advice please
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
playfulvivo:
Good day house. I really don't know whether to honour my interview invite for the following reasons
3. my publications are not even in oil and gas. The closest being in renewable energy and majorly in natural product chemistry
Going by the nature of the scholarship coverage area do you advice i go for the interview. I merely put a proposal together and was surprised i was shortlisted.
I need advice please

What will you lose by going?

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by playfulvivo: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
scarplanet:

What will you lose by going?

Just feeling i my publications etc might not even be considered. Thanks for your response thou
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Felixbrown124: 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sheddy79:

Thanks for the update Bro. Anyhow it's going to be with them, it's never a do or die affair. Once it's your time, nobody can stop it not even the interviewers. Just like trying last year without a publication and now with just one publication, I have decided to keep trying until it get to my time..... No harm in giving it a try and no worries facing any panel. May God give everyone courage.

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sister which is your STATE?

Minnieny:

Abi?? Great statement!!

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Felixbrown124: 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
playfulvivo:

Just feeling i my publications etc might not even be considered. Thanks for your response thou
No Worries Bro. See, Publication is Publication, whether it's a Primary School hand Book or Novel, so long as it is published. Book nah Book, Article nah Article..... The main thing is that you are an Author. My submit!

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Augustinadangs: 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
playfulvivo:
I need advice please
You're even more qualified than many. And PTDF added you to the list of shortlisted candidates for a reason. Happy interview.

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Minnieny: 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
playfulvivo:
I need advice please

I'm a BSc holder in Biochemistry, I'm currently running MSc in Pharm Chem also, and I attended the interview. The issue is you decide what u want for yourself. Biochemistry is needed in oil and gas but you can only sell yourself for people to consider you. Last year, there were a lot of Biochemistry students that were shortlisted, and they are now overseas. If Biochemistry is not needed, they wouldn't even have included it in their publication!!

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by nana06: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
Minnieny:

Abi?? Great statement!!

Nope
3rd May
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Minnieny: 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
nana06:

Nope
3rd May

Alright, I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Minnieny: 7:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
playfulvivo:
I need advice please

Are you going in for MSc or PhD?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by playfulvivo: 7:42pm On Apr 30, 2019
Minnieny:

I'm a BSc holder in Biochemistry, I'm currently running MSc in Pharm Chem also, and I attended the interview. The issue is you decide what u want for yourself. Biochemistry is needed in oil and gas but you can only self yourself for people to consider you. Last year, there were a lot of Biochemistry students that were shortlisted, and they are now overseas. If Biochemistry is not needed, they wouldn't even have included it in their publication!!

God Bless

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Fremaxx: 7:46pm On Apr 30, 2019
Lol I hope you're not from my state
Minnieny:

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Mydeeeee: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
Please does anyone have interview on May 1st?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Minnieny: 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
Fremaxx:
Lol I hope you're not from my state
Ha ha ha cheesy cheesy cheesy You are very funny. Which state are you from? And have u done your interview?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by theSpark(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
nana06:

Very true. See ehhn, this PTDF thing is just God's favour and grace to whoever gets it. Some awards that some people will be turned back with, yours can be accepted. Like my awards were secondary school awards and I didnt even have the original copy of the second one but they were both recorded and credited to me.

Felixbrown124:
No Worries Bro. See, Publication is Publication, whether it's a Primary School hand Book or Novel, so long as it is published. Book nah Book, Article nah Article..... The main thing is that you are an Author. My submit!

That's what I thought o, the publication that was accepted last year was having issues this year. One of the panelists insisted that my publication was a 'review' and not a publication. Even when I told her it was peer reviewed she didnt change her position. The only hope I have is that they said they'll take a decision on the status of my publication after I leave. At least that one is not a straight no.

The man who checked my O level seemed to cherry pick the worst grades there. He just announced 14/30 and I felt helpless. When I did it myself yesterday I calculated the best/worst case scenario to be 20/17 cry

Also the panelist thrashed one of my course choices and said I just want to waste their money, I had to quickly denounce it and embrace my second course since it appealed more to her. The rest of the questions were just to test my familiarity with the claims on my SOP, to check if i wrote it myself. Questions on some of my claims came up.

To be candid, this is the first presentation I felt like a total idiot like 6 separate times in a space of 30 minutes. Questions were asked and after I answer they'll tell me "We know all of that, tell us the relationship between what you're saying and what PTDF does". Even questions on the SDGs popped up, "Do you think with the realities on ground, they are achievable?" Na me use my hand buy that wahala in my SOP sha.

I just feel one kind after it all. Last year, those that were overdrilled seemed to get the scholarships. This year, everyone in my centre came out looking stressed and disoriented, including me. It was so bad I forgot to tell the panelists they smelt nice. So i dont even knw what to think again. I think those in Engineering have a higher chance of getting the scholarships because, because they seem to be fewer. There were only about 6 engineers in my centre, and about 25 environmental guys. I was scheduled for 12 but i met the panel at 4.30pm

Many guys from the North have very intimidating profiles, grades, and awards. The competition is thick there too. Last last, just put your faith and trust in God. He shows mercy to whom he will. Your case could be different from the next person's, so don't let anybody's experience make you apprehensive. Just go out and enjoy the experience.

I'm unfollowing this thread after this post. Someone should please be kind enough to tag me when shortlist comes out. This experience has motivated me to pursue my other opportunities with zest.

2 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by theSpark(m): 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
[double post
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Wonder2019: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
theSpark:

Very true. See ehhn, this PTDF thing is just God's favour and grace to whoever gets it. Some awards that some people will be turned back with, yours can be accepted. Like my awards were secondary school awards and I didnt even have the original copy of the second one but they were both recorded and credited to me.

That's what I thought o, the publication that was accepted last year was having issues this year. One of the panelists insisted that my publication was a 'review' and not a publication. Even when I told her it was peer reviewed she didnt change her position. The only hope I have is that they said they'll take a decision on the status of my publication after I leave. At least that one is not a straight no.

The man who checked my O level seemed to cherry pick the worst grades there. He just announced 14/30 and I felt helpless. When I did it myself yesterday I calculated the best/worst case scenario to be 20/17 cry

Also the panelist thrashed one of my course choices and said I just want to waste their money, I had to quickly denounce it and embrace my second course since it appealed more to her. The rest of the questions were just to test my familiarity with the claims on my SOP, to check if i wrote it myself. Questions on some of my claims came up.

To be candid, this is the first presentation I felt like a total idiot like 6 separate times in a space of 30 minutes. Questions were asked and after I answer they'll tell me "We know all of that, tell us the relationship between what you're saying and what PTDF does". Even questions on the SDGs popped up, "Do you think with the realities on ground, they are achievable?" Na me use my hand buy that wahala in my SOP sha.

I just feel one kind after it all. Last year, those that were overdrilled seemed to get the scholarships. This year, everyone in my centre came out looking stressed and disoriented, including me. It was so bad I forgot to tell the panelists they smelt nice. So i dont even knw what to think again. I think those in Engineering have a higher chance of getting the scholarships because, because they seem to be fewer. There were only about 6 engineers in my centre, and about 25 environmental guys. I was scheduled for 12 but i met the panel at 4.30pm

Many guys from the North have very intimidating profiles, grades, and awards. The competition is thick there too. Last last, just put your faith and trust in God. He shows mercy to whom he will. Your case could be different from the next person's, so don't let anybody's experience make you apprehensive. Just go out and enjoy the experience.

I'm unfollowing this thread after this post. Someone should please be kind enough to tag me when shortlist comes out. This experience has motivated me to pursue my other opportunities with zest.

Which centre is this please?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 9:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
They only accepted my NIIT DATABASE AWARD (Oracle 10g Database Administration)

Minnieny:

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (78) (Reply)

Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission(official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.