Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Please Safe My Sister Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Safe My Sister Life (886 Views)

Help! Safe My Life! / My Sister's Foot And Toe Are Causing Her A Lot Of Pain (Pictures) / Help! My Sister Is Seeing Her Period The Second Time This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Safe My Sister Life by Elizzybethwithu: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
My name is Toyin, this is the picture of my sister, we are three in number and she's the first child she's 33 years old and our father is dead. She has lymph nodes (complication in thyroid) since she finished secondary school it started growing big on her neck. She was operated 2008, but it wasn't successful and one of her vocal cord was damaged during the surgery, but we didn't know much about this, but we noticed that whenever she sleeps she will be snoring (snoring that looks as if someone is screaming ) all our neighbours would be hearing her voice while she sleeps and we don't really find it easy to sleep conveniently. After the surgery it been happening we are afraid to go back to UCH because of money. We have no support, she's the one taking care of us at home while she works, she started working as a teacher to gather money for her health , so she went back to hospital at UCH Ibadan she was told that it has turn to cancer and it is called " papillary thyroid carcinoma" which has spread to her lung but they are not aggressive one , we were told that she needed tube( tracheotomy tube) that was put on her neck through surgery since she find it difficult to breath, that day she almost died but God safe her, so another surgery was done later too which is "total thyroidectomy" to remove the lymph nodes which was successful doctors used 8 hours to do it because it was 50/50 but God safe her too, we have spent a lot and asking people for help too but the money was not enough she spent all her saving and even borrow money to sponsor all those surgeries and treatment. So she was told to do radioactive iodine, which will cost 1million naira and this really made the family to feel helpless she even gave up on radioactive iodine when we have nothing and beg her doctor to remove the tracheotomy tube but doctor told her the tube can't be remove without surgery that her vocal cord was damaged before when she had surgery 2008, so she needs to go for " microlaryngoscopy+laterofixarion of the right vocal cord." That is surgery for the vocal cord. So the doctor said to prolong her life she needs to do the radioactive iodine first, then she can later do the surgery of her vocal cord and that is when the rube can be remove. ........ But we have nothing, and latter we saw sponsor she was called from hospital that they have seen sponsor and call her to come and take the treatment , the treatment is twice and everything is 1million , but she was sponsored by first treatment remain second treatment.

She needs sponsor to do remaining so that she can live a normal life without using tube. She's no more in the hospital now she's at home and ages just using scarf to cover the tube. We are waiting for miracles to happen and praying to God for help too, to use people for us, please we need help for the remaining treatment of radiotherapy which would cost five hundred thousand naira(#500,000) surgery for her right vocal cord which is worth like 200thousand, She has been using the tube for more than one year now. She needs everything to be done by Jan 2019 because it has been more than six months she received the first treatment of radioactive iodine and another one must be given to complete it. Pls we need people to help us...
Thanks
you can reach us through this phone numbers
Physical confirmation is allowed

Re: Please Safe My Sister Life by Elizzybethwithu: 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Here is her picture

Re: Please Safe My Sister Life by Elizzybethwithu: 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
lalasticlala plssssssss help us to move this to front page
Re: Please Safe My Sister Life by U1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
So sad. Have you tried reaching out to organisations that assist with fundraising, including media houses? You should try and do that if you haven't.

The 500k you required should not be difficult to raise, or so I believe, if you can get a trusted third party to verify this case for you. These days, many people are afraid of falling for scammers, even though they feel like helping.

You may also consider using a site such as gofundme.com. It might help.

May God be with her and you all.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!, Shortness Of Breath / How To Extract Blackheads From Your Skin Easily. / The Coronavirus Has Been Created Before 1981. It Is A Biological Weapon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.