Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? (6104 Views)

Can Humans Be Possessed By Jinn? / Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? - Thread Commentary / Prostration (sajda) On Earth/dust/clay As Against On Rug Or Carpet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 1:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Scientis tintingz!!! this mind-boggling revelation deserves a Nobel prize, you do not even know that the "4 silicon materials" contains oxygen, and the oxygen is even more than the silicon! grin grin grin

Yeah, Adam is Silicon! grin grin grin grin grin
Lol, they are called silicate minerals for a reason.

Silicon + Oxygen = Silicon dioxide (SiO2).

Does it change anything?
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 1:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Oga logic, we breath in air, means we make use of all the gases in air for respiration?! When plants take nutrients from the earth, it is making use of all that is in the earth right?! LOGIC no go kee you!

It amazes me how people lose their ability to think simply because they do not want to accept the truth! By the way, I haven't twisted anything to suit any narrative, the fact still remains that what we are composed of can be found in what was used in creating Adam (AS), you may keep arguing with your keyboard!
Silicon is not an essential nutrient to plants, so plants doesn't necessarily grow with Silicon.
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Oga logic, we breath in air, means we make use of all the gases in air for respiration?! When plants take nutrients from the earth, it is making use of all that is in the earth right?! LOGIC no go kee you!
So this is a logical argument to the use of earth and use of part of earth in your opinion? It's nice that you are trying to make your narrative valid, but sorry it is what it is. Breathing is different from Respiration. you really need science lessons. We don't use air for respiration, we use oxygen. It was stated clearly in the Quran that earth was used to create your imaginary Adam, not part of earth.

Science does not mislead like your Quran. In science, it is stated clearly and explicitly that we use oxygen for respiration, science didn't say we use air for respiration. Don't come here and drop illogical arguments, think before you type.

sino:

It amazes me how people lose their ability to think simply because they do not want to accept the truth! By the way, I haven't twisted anything to suit any narrative, the fact still remains that what we are composed of can be found in what was used in creating Adam (AS), you may keep arguing with your keyboard!

Lol, keep arguing with the keyboard is an intelligent argument from someone like you who hasn't lost his ability to think. Lmao

Here is how you twisted the facts. Again, explicitly the Quran said earth, mud, clay and water was used to create man. It didn't say silicon was omitted and the rest was used. Now, you are the one who is telling us that silicon was omitted because we have been able to prove that there is no silicon based life. If we said there is a silicon based life, your narrative would be different. I hope your intelligence would be useful in understanding now. Have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
To make it simple for you and show how illogical your analogy is. Read below. @sino

Science specifically stated that oxygen is used for respiration, not air.
Quran specifically stated that earth, mud and clay was used for creating man, not part of it.

But man is not earth nor mud nor clay, while oxygen is used for respiration as claimed by science.

The analogy would have been logically correct if we use air for respiration.

Man cannot be created in the absence of earth, mud, clay, and water following the quran. And that's exactly what you stand for.

Respiration takes place in the absence of air. Or you don't know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
Akin1212:

So this is a logical argument to the use of earth and use of part of earth in your opinion? It's nice that you are trying to make your narrative valid, but sorry it is what it is. Breathing is different from Respiration. you really need science lessons. We don't use air for respiration, we use oxygen. It was stated clearly in the Quran that earth was used to create your imaginary Adam, not part of earth.

Science does not mislead like your Quran. In science, it is stated clearly and explicitly that we use oxygen for respiration, science didn't say we use air for respiration. Don't come here and drop illogical arguments, think before you type.

Of course, breathing in air (containing potpourri of gases) leads to the process of respiration where only oxygen is used! That all of what air contains enters into our lungs doesn't mean humans must make use of it! That is the logic!

How you missed the point to putting words in my mouth is amazing, I never made mention of what science says or what not, but thank you for the unsolicited science lessons.... wink

Akin1212:

Lol, keep arguing with the keyboard is an intelligent argument from someone like you who hasn't lost his ability to think. Lmao

Here is how you twisted the facts. Again, explicitly the Quran said earth, mud, clay and water was used to create man. It didn't say silicon was omitted and the rest was used. Now, you are the one who is telling us that silicon was omitted because we have been able to prove that there is no silicon based life. If we said there is a silicon based life, your narrative would be different. I hope your intelligence would be useful in understanding now. Have a nice day.

Na wa o, I never said silicon was omitted, this is you misconstruing my arguments, and yet, you want me to believe you have the mental capacity to think?!

If you need me to explain my position, say so politely. Regardless, my argument is that since we can find all what we (and not Adam (AS), except you do have a sample from him) are made up of in the earth, then, saying Adam (AS) was created from earth is correct, regardless of the abundance of silicon in the earth!

You are all here arguing about silicon when oxygen happens to be more abundant, and can be said to be life itself! But what do I know sef....Have a lovely day!
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
Akin1212:
To make it simple for you and show how illogical your analogy is. Read below. @sino

Science specifically stated that oxygen is used for respiration, not air.
Quran specifically stated that earth, mud and clay was used for creating man, not part of it.

But man is not earth nor mud nor clay, while oxygen is used for respiration as claimed by science.

The analogy would have been logically correct if we use air for respiration.

Man cannot be created in the absence of earth, mud, clay, and water following the quran. And that's exactly what you stand for.

Respiration takes place in the absence of air. Or you don't know?

Oga logic, is oxygen not part of air?! Earth is not made up of silicon alone, so what are you on about?!In general term, respiration is defined as breathing! I do not know your background, but when it comes to respiration, especially cellular respiration, i can write epistles, nay, i have written epistles!

Without air, human respiration cannot occur, oya argue! grin grin grin
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Of course, breathing in air (containing potpourri of gases) leads to the process of respiration where only oxygen is used! That all of what air contains enters into our lungs doesn't mean humans must make use of it! That is the logic!

How you missed the point to putting words in my mouth is amazing, I never made mention of what science says or what not, but thank you for the unsolicited science lessons.... wink

Na wa o, I never said silicon was omitted, this is you misconstruing my arguments, and yet, you want me to believe you have the mental capacity to think?!

If you need me to explain my position, say so politely. Regardless, my argument is that since we can find all what we (and not Adam (AS), except you do have a sample from him) are made up of in the earth, then, saying Adam (AS) was created from earth is correct, regardless of the abundance of silicon in the earth!

You are all here arguing about silicon when oxygen happens to be more abundant, and can be said to be life itself! But what do I know sef....Have a lovely day!
What do you mean oxygen is life itself?

And is Silicon part of Adam composition?

This is the third time I'm asking.
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by najib632(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
tintingz:
Solicon Dioxide = SiO2

It can be found in Rocks, clay, dust, sand etc they are used to make glass, aluminum, metal etc.
Hahaha... So please Mr. Logic, tell me logically how only SiO2 was able to form Fe2,Fe3,Na,N,k,P on the earth.

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
tintingz:
What do you mean oxygen is life itself?
Stressing the importance of oxygen to life, especially, human life! You can call it a figure of speech, or an axiomatic statement.

tintingz:

And is Silicon part of Adam composition?

This is the third time I'm asking.
I do not know, the reason I kept asking you for Adam's biological samples for analysis.
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

I guess you will never understand how this does not correlate even though I took time to explain.

Let me try again,
Of course, oxygen is part of air, no one says it's not.
And also there are also other constituents of earth, carbon etc.

But where your logic fail is what is and what is not.

Science specifically points out that Oxygen is used for respiration, it didn't say air.

But the quran says that man is made of earth, not its part or some of its elements.

The logic fails because you're putting air and earth on the same column and oxygen and other parts of earth on the same column as regarding this argument and your analogy.

If science had said we respire with air, your logic would have been correct. Take logic classes too brother. Don't bring illogical analogies to this table.

sino:

I didn't miss the point, I actually understood your illogical analogy, but it doesn't apply because we are concerned about the info from the Quran. Hence we have to be concerned about what science states explicity too. And you were wrong. You cannot connect breathing air to respiration because we can achieve respiration without air. All we need is oxygen.

You dont have to believe anything on my mental capacity, you only need to make good use of yours, and you're still failing to do just that woefully.

Your argument that other parts of earth must have been used to create Adam is categorically omitting the use of silicon, isn't it? Since you agree that life is not based on silicon, it's another way of saying the other parts of earth found in man was used and silicon was not. And that argument was not stated in your Quran, you are only making that inference to strengthen the narrative of the Quran.
It's not too hard to fathom bro. Just THINK,that's all you need to do.
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Stressing the importance of oxygen to life, especially, human life! You can call it a figure of speech, or an axiomatic statement.
Ok

I do not know, the reason I kept asking you for Adam's biological samples for analysis.
Are we not samples?
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Oga logic, is oxygen not part of air?! Earth is not made up of silicon alone, so what are you on about?!In general term, respiration is defined as breathing! I do not know your background, but when it comes to respiration, especially cellular respiration, i can write epistles, nay, i have written epistles!

Without air, human respiration cannot occur, oya argue! grin grin grin

LMAO, I can imagine what the lack of basic science knowledge can do to a man. Oxygen is not always only in air, For example, we have oxygen in water. Human respiration only needs oxygen and not air. In the absence of air and the presence of oxygen, human respiration and cellular respiration will take place 100%.

Secondly, in general term respiration is not defined as breathing, only the illiterate's define it as such. grin

Take science classes. And by the way, I am a biochemist. wink

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 5:08pm On Dec 20, 2018
najib632:
Hahaha... So please Mr. Logic, tell me logically how only SiO2 was able to form Fe2,Fe3,Na,N,k,P on the earth.
My goodness.

Where did I said only Silicon dioxide form the earth? This shows you're not being following this argument.

Silicon is the second important element after oxygen, without Silicon there can't be formation of earth, you can't separate silicon from earth.

Silicon + Oxygen = Silocon dioxide (SiO2)
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by najib632(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
tintingz:
My goodness.

Where did I said only Silicon dioxide form the earth? This shows you're not being following this argument.

Silicon is the second important element after oxygen, without Silicon there can't be formation of earth, you can't separate silicon from earth.

Silicon + Oxygen = Silocon dioxide (SiO2)
Hahaha... Read about these clay hydrogels and Richard Dawkins discovery here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/752936/Humans-evolved-from-MUD-says-Richard-Dawkins-bible-was-right-evolution-bible/amp&ved=2ahUKEwjd6ru2767fAhWoT98KHRTXC6EQFjADegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw21ighmYQYz_GQxui73UTiX&ampcf=1
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
Akin1212:

I guess you will never understand how this does not correlate even though I took time to explain.

Let me try again,
Of course, oxygen is part of air, no one says it's not.
And also there are also other constituents of earth, carbon etc.

But where your logic fail is what is and what is not.

Science specifically points out that Oxygen is used for respiration, it didn't say air.

But the quran says that man is made of earth, not its part or some of its elements.

The logic fails because you're putting air and earth on the same column and oxygen and other parts of earth on the same column as regarding this argument and your analogy.

If science had said we respire with air, your logic would have been correct. Take logic classes too brother. Don't bring illogical analogies to this table.
My logic is beyond your grasp, while you have agreed that air and earth would be in the same column, creation (which I believe you deny) and respiration are processes and would be in the same column, of course you lack the knowledge of creation (of Adam), hence, you wouldn't know what was used and how it was used, but since you know that oxygen, out of all other gases, is used in respiration, should inform you that specificity or significance with regards to what can be used in biological processes, isn't based on abundance....FYI, nitrogen happens to be the most abundant gas in air....

Imagine, "oxygen and part of earth in the same column" very laughable!

Akin1212:

I didn't miss the point, I actually understood your illogical analogy, but it doesn't apply because we are concerned about the info from the Quran. Hence we have to be concerned about what science states explicity too. And you were wrong. You cannot connect breathing air to respiration because we can achieve respiration without air. All we need is oxygen.

You dont have to believe anything on my mental capacity, you only need to make good use of yours, and you're still failing to do just that woefully.

Your argument that other parts of earth must have been used to create Adam is categorically omitting the use of silicon, isn't it? Since you agree that life is not based on silicon, it's another way of saying the other parts of earth found in man was used and silicon was not. And that argument was not stated in your Quran, you are only making that inference to strengthen the narrative of the Quran.
It's not too hard to fathom bro. Just THINK,that's all you need to do.

At bold, where do humans get oxygen for respiration naturally?!

Lol, I think we are getting somewhere, while you are making inferences from my arguments (which are wrong by the way), and that is okay, I on the other hand cannot do so from the Qur'an?! Earth is earth, it comprises of different components! The fact still remains, can we find what we are made up of in the earth?! and the answer is YES! So we are made from earth! And when we die, we return to the earth!

I am thinking bro, life is way too complex to make assumptions of what ought to have been or what should be, and that much can be understood by studying life processes, even evolution, but what do I know sef...
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
If you don't mind you can read this Journal here

We believe everything in the Qur'an and authentic hadith to be true! Science is never the measurement for our religion as science keeps advancing as the day goes by! There was a time when there were wrong views about the shape of the earth!

I think the biochemist should understand this better!

A Professor from Cornell University Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, NY had a study that was published in the journal Scientific Reports.

According to new research reported in the journal Scientific Reports (full paper source given above), infertile clay in oceans of the early Earth may have been the birthplace of life.

“We propose that in early geological history clay hydrogel provided a confinement function for biomolecules and biochemical reactions,” explained senior author Prof Dan Luo from the Cornell University’s Kavli Institute.

In simulated ancient seawater, clay forms a hydrogel – a mass of microscopic spaces capable of soaking up liquids like a sponge.

Over billions of years, chemicals confined in those spaces could have carried out the complex reactions that formed proteins, DNA and eventually all the machinery that makes a living cell work.

Clay hydrogels could have confined and protected those chemical processes until the membrane that surrounds living cells developed.

To further test the idea, Prof Luo’s team has demonstrated protein synthesis in a clay hydrogel.

The researchers previously used synthetic hydrogels as a cell-free medium for protein production.

“Fill the spongy material with DNA, amino acids, the right enzymes and a few bits of cellular machinery and you can make the proteins for which the DNA encodes, just as you might in a vat of cells.”

Scientists previously suggested that tiny balloons of fat or polymers might have served as precursors of cell membranes. Clay is a promising possibility because biomolecules tend to attach to its surface, and theorists have shown that cytoplasm – the interior environment of a cell – behaves much like a hydrogel.

“And a clay hydrogel better protects its contents from damaging enzymes that might dismantle DNA and other biomolecules,” Prof Luo said.

As further evidence, geological history shows that clay first appeared – as silicates leached from rocks – just at the time biomolecules began to form into protocells – cell-like structures, but incomplete – and eventually membrane-enclosed cells. The geological events matched nicely with biological events.

Source

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
Akin1212:

LMAO, I can imagine what the lack of basic science knowledge can do to a man. Oxygen is not always only in air, For example, we have oxygem in water. Human respiration only needs oxygen and not air. In the absence of air and rhe presence of oxygen, human respiration and cellular respiration will take place 100%.

Secondly, in general term respiration is not defined as breathing, only the illiterate's define it as such. grin

Take science classes. And by the way, I am a biochemist. wink

Lol, and man uses the oxygen in water for respiration abi?!

And Merriam-Webster are full of illiterates to have defined it so?!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/respiration

Biochemist?! And what is the source of the oxygen for man on earth?! Oxygen tanks?! I'll rather be in the arts than learn from a biochemist like you!
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2018
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Source

I had read this few days back, but avoided mentioning anything about it, even the theory of life being birthed from clay is more than 5 decades old, proposed by a scientist that I can't remember his name, but i know the people I am dealing with here, dem get strong head! It is never about the truth for them, but to stroke their atheistic egos!

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

My logic is beyond your grasp, while you have agreed that air and earth would be in the same column, creation (which I believe you deny) and respiration are processes and would be in the same column, of course you lack the knowledge of creation (of Adam), hence, you wouldn't know what was used and how it was used, but since you know that oxygen, out of all other gases, is used in respiration, should inform you that specificity or significance with regards to what can be used in biological processes, isn't based on abundance....FYI, nitrogen happens to be the most abundant gas in air....

Imagine, "oxygen and part of earth in the same column" very laughable!

Are you finding simple things so hard to comprehend?

I think you need to read and understand and then sit to comprehend what was written.

I did not agree that air and earth are in the same column as regards your analogy in this argument. Your analogy is totally and completely wrong. I am faulting you placing air and earth in the same column based on what was stated in the Qur'an and science.
You may need glasses and an extra brain to read what I write. Your struggle make this analogy work is hilarious. You cannot change facts.

We dont need air to respirate, humans use air but we don't need it. We need oxygen. How is that hard to fathom? Lwkmd

Respiration is a process that has testifiable evidence. Creation of a man from Earth is a myth. It's ignorance putting these two things side by side. I am just amused you see yourself as an intelligent animal/human and still can't realize these little things.

There is no KNOWLEDGE on the creation of Adam, there are however myths and lies written on that
There is no book that has ever described the process of the creation of Adam. angry

Not only oxygen is used in respiration. Sulfur and Nitrogen too can be used in respiration. But humans only use Oxygen and respiration is not only seen in humans. However respiration is the same process and gives the same product in all life forms. So, respiration is respiration.

That is why your analogy is silly.

I am not arguing that what can be used is based on abundance, I am saying the Qur'an said that earth was used. Wholly.

You saying a part was used and the others were not is trying to justify your narrative. It's not written as such in the Qur'an.

sino:

At bold, where do humans get oxygen for respiration naturally?!

Lol, I think we are getting somewhere, while you are making inferences from my arguments (which are wrong by the way), and that is okay, I on the other hand cannot do so from the Qur'an?! Earth is earth, it comprises of different components! The fact still remains, can we find what we are made up of in the earth?! and the answer is YES! So we are made from earth! And when we die, we return to the earth!

I am thinking bro, life is way too complex to make assumptions of what ought to have been or what should be, and that much can be understood by studying life processes, even evolution, but what do I know sef...

Don't even make where humans get oxygen for respiration an argument. The logic has failed already. Since humans can respire in the absence of air, it's done. Can man be created in the absence of earth? No I guess. Because there is no such process as creation of man from Earth. grin

The only place we are getting to is where you'll realize that man was not created from Earth. And I would be willing to school you on the process of abiogenesis.

When we die, we don't return to earth. It's time you grow up from that nonsense.

Life is too complex, I agree. And that was why the Qur'an and the Bible failed woefully at their attempt to explain what life was made of and how life came to be. Such simple books cannot explain life.

I have studied biochemistry, which is the study of life at the molecular level. You have not, there's no biochemistry in the Qur'an , just some wrong guesses from an illiterate.

You are correct bro, you know nothing when life is concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2018
sino:

Lol, and man uses the oxygen in water for respiration abi?!

And Merriam-Webster are full of illiterates to have defined it so?!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/respiration

Biochemist?! And what is the source of the oxygen for man on earth?! Oxygen tanks?! I'll rather be in the arts than learn from a biochemist like you!

Oxygen can be collected and attached to the inlets. Oxygen is what we need whether there is air or not.
You cannot deny that. Air is not needed, I believe you understand the meaning of NEED.

Merriam Webster is not a scientific or biological dictionary or textbook. We are talking about a scientific process and respiration is not breathing. The picture below should help you.

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

We believe everything in the Qur'an and authentic hadith to be true! Science is never the measurement for our religion as science keeps advancing as the day goes by! There was a time when there were wrong views about the shape of the earth!

A Professor from Cornell University Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, NY had a study that was published in the journal Scientific Reports.

According to new research reported in the journal Scientific Reports (full paper source given above), infertile clay in oceans of the early Earth may have been the birthplace of life.

“We propose that in early geological history clay hydrogel provided a confinement function for biomolecules and biochemical reactions,” explained senior author Prof Dan Luo from the Cornell University’s Kavli Institute.

In simulated ancient seawater, clay forms a hydrogel – a mass of microscopic spaces capable of soaking up liquids like a sponge.

Over billions of years, chemicals confined in those spaces could have carried out the complex reactions that formed proteins, DNA and eventually all the machinery that makes a living cell work.

Clay hydrogels could have confined and protected those chemical processes until the membrane that surrounds living cells developed.

To further test the idea, Prof Luo’s team has demonstrated protein synthesis in a clay hydrogel.

The researchers previously used synthetic hydrogels as a cell-free medium for protein production.

“Fill the spongy material with DNA, amino acids, the right enzymes and a few bits of cellular machinery and you can make the proteins for which the DNA encodes, just as you might in a vat of cells.”

Scientists previously suggested that tiny balloons of fat or polymers might have served as precursors of cell membranes. Clay is a promising possibility because biomolecules tend to attach to its surface, and theorists have shown that cytoplasm – the interior environment of a cell – behaves much like a hydrogel.

“And a clay hydrogel better protects its contents from damaging enzymes that might dismantle DNA and other biomolecules,” Prof Luo said.

As further evidence, geological history shows that clay first appeared – as silicates leached from rocks – just at the time biomolecules began to form into protocells – cell-like structures, but incomplete – and eventually membrane-enclosed cells. The geological events matched nicely with biological events.

Source

Did you read this with an open mind? Because I just did . And I have bolded some point which I'll be addressing.

- Clay in oceans in early earth may have been the birthplace of life on earth, this is just hypothesis.it has not been established. And they are talking of all life forms not just man. From unicellular organisms to multicellular organisms. You must understand that.

- Throughout the hypothesis, words like could have might have were used,which means they are just hypothesizing. These are not facts.

-However, the cell which is the basic functioning unit of life has been thoroughly studied and clay wasn't found in it. So that makes their claims invalid.

So there's no point there.

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Source

Did you understand this hypothesis at all especially the bolded part?
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 9:51pm On Dec 20, 2018
Akin1212:

Did you read this with an open mind? Because I just did . And I have bolded some point which I'll be addressing.

- Clay in oceans in early earth may have been the birthplace of life on earth, this is just hypothesis.it has not been established. And they are talking of all life forms not just man. From unicellular organisms to multicellular organisms. You must understand that.

- Throughout the hypothesis, words like could have might have were used,which means they are just hypothesizing. These are not facts.

-However, the cell which is the basic functioning unit of life has been thoroughly studied and clay wasn't found in it. So that makes their claims invalid.

Funny enough that hypothesis was first proposed by one man name Cairns-Smith in the 80s and later abandoned, now some scientists in one university are trying their luck in that hypothesis.
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2018
Akin1212:

They are just hypothesizing right? Since you are a biochemist why not start a research from the hypothesis till you get a proven theory?

O sorry, i forgot you are not really out to find the truth! You are just out to debunk the Qur'an! But until research goes more in that direction you have no say in this regards.

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2018
tintingz:
Did you understand this hypothesis at all especially the bolded part?

So how do you expect them to get the source clay, earth, mud,...used in created Adam? Do you have it?

The hypothesis is on! If you have at least an atom of inquisitiveness you can further the research!

Scientific research goes on and never stops!

Hypothesis are being confirmed while some are rejected!

Theories and Laws are being modified!

The Scientific horizon is getting broader as the day goes by!

We believe totally in the Qur'an and the authentic hadiths even if science fails to understand it.

2 Likes

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 9:59am On Dec 21, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

So how do you expect them to get the source clay, earth, mud,...used in created Adam? Do you have it?
This question is lame, if Adam was indeed the first man then we his descendants should have his gene therefore we are samples of Adam's gene.

The hypothesis is on! If you have at least an atom of inquisitiveness you can further the research!

Scientific research goes on and never stops!
Even if this hypothesis is valid it still contradict your beliefs. The hypothesis is suggesting how life form and not only how man was formed this took billion of years and very slow process. From the Quran there were already life forms before Adam!

Hypothesis are being confirmed while some are rejected!

Theories and Laws are being modified!

The Scientific horizon is getting broader as the day goes by!
Yes ofcos.

But Note, living organisms are carbon based life, there is no traces of silicate elements in living beings, this still leave many gaps of questions for the hypothesis.

We believe totally in the Qur'an and the authentic hadiths even if science fails to understand it.
We believe totally in the Hellenistic scriptures(Greek mythology) even if science fails to understand it.
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 11:12am On Dec 21, 2018
Akin1212:

Are you finding simple things so hard to comprehend?

I think you need to read and understand and then sit to comprehend what was written.

I did not agree that air and earth are in the same column as regards your analogy in this argument. Your analogy is totally and completely wrong. I am faulting you placing air and earth in the same column based on what was stated in the Qur'an and science.
You may need glasses and an extra brain to read what I write. Your struggle make this analogy work is hilarious. You cannot change facts.

We dont need air to respirate, humans use air but we don't need it. We need oxygen. How is that hard to fathom? Lwkmd

I apologize for misrepresenting your post, it was a honest mistake; I thought you were already thinking right, but alas!

I am certain I explicitly pointed out the correlation between earth and air, and what my arguments were. That you want to fault my analogy based on your own interpretation of 'facts' is absolutely ridiculous...

First and foremost, I never said we use air for respiration, when I proposed my analogy; I was specific about the use of oxygen and for what purpose!

Secondly, my analogy is based on the source of what is being used, hence, earth and air should be in the same category, for both comprises of mixtures of different materials! Science acknowledges this facts!

Thirdly, Earth is used, so also air is used, and what is needed is embedded in these two sources!

Akin1212:

Respiration is a process that has testifiable evidence. Creation of a man from Earth is a myth. It's ignorance putting these two things side by side. I am just amused you see yourself as an intelligent animal/human and still can't realize these little things.

There is no KNOWLEDGE on the creation of Adam, there are however myths and lies written on that
There is no book that has ever described the process of the creation of Adam. angry

Lol, what else can you say except denials, but I am not here to tell you to believe in creation, I know you guys better than that, but you are here arguing about process of creation you know nothing about, but want to pontificate?!

You should first get a good grasp of what analogy is and how it is applied accordingly, that you do not believe in creation or it is a myth is absolutely insignificant to the discussion at hand. My analogy brings to fore what is known to you, to explain the possible similarities to what you clearly are ignorant of!

Intelligence is not only about regurgitating things already explained by others but the ability to synthesize peculiar thoughts from what is known to understand the complex and the unknown…I deal with “thinking about thinking”, I am way ahead of the likes of you!

Akin1212:

Not only oxygen is used in respiration. Sulfur and Nitrogen too can be used in respiration. But humans only use Oxygen and respiration is not only seen in humans. However respiration is the same process and gives the same product in all life forms. So, respiration is respiration.

That is why your analogy is silly.

Of course, respiration is respiration, even though there are different types, the fact that different organism can respire anaerobically; gives credence to my position and analogy. It is part of complexity of life, humans use oxygen out of the myriad of other possibilities available in air, likewise, plants for example, make use of carbon dioxide rather than oxygen...But again, we are talking about humans here!

Akin1212:

I am not arguing that what can be used is based on abundance, I am saying the Qur'an said that earth was used. Wholly.

You saying a part was used and the others were not is trying to justify your narrative. It's not written as such in the Qur'an.

Lol, does the earth not contain what we are made up of? Does air not contain oxygen for respiration? Does human respiration need other gases in air? Why do we have to breathe in the air wholly?

By the way, I never said a part of earth was used; perhaps you should take your own advice as you've posted above!

Akin1212:

Don't even make where humans get oxygen for respiration an argument. The logic has failed already. Since humans can respire in the absence of air, it's done. Can man be created in the absence of earth? No I guess. Because there is no such process as creation of man from Earth. grin

It is your logic that is failing you, the reason you can’t answer a simple question oga biochemist! Where do humans get oxygen for respiration from?!

Akin1212:

The only place we are getting to is where you'll realize that man was not created from Earth. And I would be willing to school you on the process of abiogenesis.

When we die, we don't return to earth. It's time you grow up from that nonsense.

This is hilarious, school me on abiogenesis?! What is even your area of specialty in the field of biochemistry?!

Akin1212:

Life is too complex, I agree. And that was why the Qur'an and the Bible failed woefully at their attempt to explain what life was made of and how life came to be. Such simple books cannot explain life.

I have studied biochemistry, which is the study of life at the molecular level. You have not, there's no biochemistry in the Qur'an , just some wrong guesses from an illiterate.

You are correct bro, you know nothing when life is concerned.

And here it, that pride which is only expressed as a result of small, tiny knowledge you think you have...You have studied biochemistry to what level if I may ask? You don't know me, nor do you know my background, but can write that I haven't studied biochemistry?! As the saying goes, “na empty korodom dey make noise pass...”

The Qur'an is not Harpers or Lehniger, you may read my response to tr.ue2god in my previous post...

Me I no sabi anything o. But you wey sabi, what do you even know about life?! Can you bring the dead back to life?!

2 Likes

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by sino(m): 11:17am On Dec 21, 2018
Akin1212:

Oxygen can be collected and attached to the inlets. Oxygen is what we need whether there is air or not.
You cannot deny that. Air is not needed, I believe you understand the meaning of NEED.

Merriam Webster is not a scientific or biological dictionary or textbook. We are talking about a scientific process and respiration is not breathing. The picture below should help you.

Lol, you trying to be smart by half, but I do understand your plight, by the way, I never claimed Merriam Webster is a scientific or biological dictionary, while I was clear on the use of general terms in my definition of respiration, but you know, since you are a biochemist, English seems to be very difficult for you to understand, the pathways seems to be inhibiting the level of your comprehension!

The laughable thing about you is that all these stories had already been captured in my simple analogy; I am only asking you for the source of oxygen for man’s respiration, and not what is needed and what is not! Do we breathe in air?! Is air the source of the oxygen for respiration?! Are there other gases in air?! Why it is that only oxygen is needed while we take in all the available gases?!

By the way, like the source of Adam (AS), the earth was used “WHOLLY”, so also man uses air “WHOLLY”….But what is NEEDED for creation, is what can be found in present day man, just as only oxygen is NEEDED for respiration!

Oya argue, mr biochemist!

PS: This is from the site you posted the above definition:

“Aerobic respiration

Glucose and oxygen react together in cells to produce carbon dioxide and water and releases energy. The reaction is called aerobic respiration because oxygen from the AIR is needed for it to work.”

2 Likes

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Akin1212(m): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

They are just hypothesizing right? Since you are a biochemist why not start a research from the hypothesis till you get a proven theory?

O sorry, i forgot you are not really out to find the truth! You are just out to debunk the Qur'an! But until research goes more in that direction you have no say in this regards.

You obviously think all hypothesis lead to theories, no they don't.

Most hypothesis such as this useless one die at this point, when the lies are detected.

I cannot continue the research because the hypothesis is not true and unreasonable. They claimed that clay hydrogels were responsible for holding the cell membrane together. Lol.

Like I said, the cell membrane has been extensively studied and it does not contain clay hydrogels. The cell membrane is a fluid of phospholipids. We understand how they work. That hypothesis is a lie. I can't waste money on a lie project. Do you ever wonder why the research was discontinued?

Trust me, I have found the truth but it's not in the Qur'an. I know how much you wish the Qur'an is a truth book, but it is not.

1 Like

Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by Rashduct4luv(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2018
Akin1212:

You obviously think all hypothesis lead th theories, no they don't.

Most hypothesis such as this useless one die at this point, when the lies are detected.

I cannot continue the research because the hypothesis is not true and unreasonable. They claimed that clay hydrogels were responsible for holding the cell membrane together. Lol.

Like I said, the cell membrane has been extensively studied and it does not contain clay hydrogels. The cell membrane is a fluid of phospholipids. We understand how they work. That hypothesis is a lie. I can't waste money on a lie project. Do you ever wonder why the research was discontinued?

Trust me, I have found the truth but it's not in the Qur'an. I know how much you wish the Qur'an us a truth book, but it is not.

See biochemist thrashing the years of research of a Professor. Since you were against the Qur'an i was thinking you would believe your science scholars. Never knew you were not even scholastic sef!

Alright! I end my discussion with you!
Re: Allah Created Humans From Clay/sand? by tintingz(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

See biochemist thrashing the years of research of a Professor. Since you were against the Qur'an i was thinking you would believe your science scholars. Never knew you were not even scholastic sef!

Alright! I end my discussion with you!
We don't believe in science scholars we look up to scientific experiments, theories. The beauty of science is that criticism and disagreement is very allowed, if an hypothesis is well and professionally experimented and tested then we will accept it and if it's the opposite we will trash it, in fact it's one of the main principles for scientific progress.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etiquettes Of acquiring Knowledge / The Concepts Of Udhiyah (Animal Sacrifice For Eidul-hadhaa Celebration) / The Virtue In Giving The Alms (zakat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.