Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

My Monthly Savings In Canada - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Monthly Savings In Canada (163737 Views)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by KingCurtis21: 7:23pm On Mar 10, 2020
Babyvet:

[/s]
Lol, you big mad. Pussy no dey your side that’s why your angry, they are not checking for you like that . I’m not in Nigeria , but keep on deceiving yourself.
[s]

You gat a lot of problems.. be rational B1tch

4 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 7:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
KingCurtis21:
[s]

You gat a lot of problems.. be rational B1tch

You are typical ignorant ass fool
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by bily(m): 1:35am On Mar 11, 2020
It's very possible to make $4000 monthly after tax if your job allows you to do overtime and you actually have the strength and stamina to do it.

If you're making $25 per hour, depending on your province, you can get about $1400 after taxes every 2 weeks.

If you do overtime of extra 4hrs per day (20hrs) in a week, this will translate to extra 40hrs of overtime for every 2 weeks paycheck.
Remember usually overtime of 1hr translates to 1.5hrs of work.
So your 40hrs overtime in two weeks will translate to 60hrs of pay.

Even if you have a marginal tax rate of 47% on the $1500 overtime pay, you will still end up with about $2200 every 2 weeks after taxes.

This is an easy $4400 monthly take home after taxes for just doing 4hrs overtime every working day.
Trust me 4hrs of overtime is too small for some Nigerians.

So it's definitely possible.
We don't need insults to educate each other

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 2:10am On Mar 11, 2020
bily:
It's very possible to make $4000 monthly after tax if your job allows you to do overtime and you actually have the strength and stamina to do it.

If you're making $25 per hour, depending on your province, you can get about $1400 after taxes every 2 weeks.

If you do overtime of extra 4hrs per day (20hrs) in a week, this will translate to extra 40hrs of overtime for every 2 weeks paycheck.
Remember usually overtime of 1hr translates to 1.5hrs of work.
So your 40hrs overtime in two weeks will translate to 60hrs of pay.

Even if you have a marginal tax rate of 47% on the $1500 overtime pay, you will still end up with about $2200 every 2 weeks after taxes.

This is an easy $4400 monthly take home after taxes for just doing 4hrs overtime every working day.
Trust me 4hrs of overtime is too small for some Nigerians.

So it's definitely possible.
We don't need insults to educate each other

But that’s not we are not discussing though, that guy said that the guy was making $4400 after taxes AND expenses. In America , the average nigerian American makes around $62,000 year gross income. That’s slightly higher than the median national income. People like to come onto Naira land and inflate things , as if people are stupid . Most nigerian immigrants come here and do average at best , yes some continue work low income jobs for the rest of their lives or some make well above average , but most will be average. Nothing is wrong with that , but we must say the truth.

https://africacheck.org/spot-check/yes-nigerian-americans-do-well-but-arent-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-us/

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 2:32am On Mar 11, 2020
Paccus:
shocked shocked shocked long time Babyvet.. how your side?? It’s like one 9ja guy net has finally hooked you ooo cheesy wink

Oga, why are asking me question ? When you dey bash me on other threads.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

But that’s not we are not discussing though, that guy said that the guy was making $4400 after taxes AND expenses. In America , the average nigerian American makes around $62,000 year gross income. That’s slightly higher than the median national income. People like to come onto Naira land and inflate things , as if people are stupid . Most nigerian immigrants come here and do average at best , yes some continue work low income jobs for the rest of their lives or some make well above average , but most will be average. Nothing is wrong with that , but we must say the truth.

https://africacheck.org/spot-check/yes-nigerian-americans-do-well-but-arent-most-successful-ethnic-group-in-us/
Well, I have to disagree with you here. There are lots of Nigerians making 6 figures here, especially folks in IT and health care. I know many of my DevOps colleagues that make well over 100k+, very easily without any overtime or whatsoever! cool cool

7 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 3:55am On Mar 11, 2020
PaulSimon2020:
Well, I have to disagree with you here. There are lots of Nigerians making 6 figures here, especially folks in IT and health care. I know many of my DevOps colleagues that make well over 100k+, very easily without any overtime or whatsoever! cool cool

You sha like to argue. I said a average , I did not say all, plus I provided proof. Of course some would earn above like a Nigerian American physician . I work in the health care field myself , unless your mid level provider ( like nurse practitioner or physician assistant ) or physician it’s not easy to make six figures without overtime , unless you live in a high cost of living state that’s pays well for base salaries like California .

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by bily(m): 5:14am On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

However, an important note is that the average income stats does not factor in overtime hours which is predominantly what the discuss is about here

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 5:55am On Mar 11, 2020
bily:

However, an important note is that the average income stats does not factor in overtime hours which is predominantly what the discuss is about here

I understand , but I like said , average income. In life you should learn to work smarter not harder. Overtime should not be the basis of life, only for a short period. If you need to work overtime just make basic ends meet, then that to me is not good paying job.

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by phockallmods: 6:46am On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

I understand , but I like said , average income. In life you should learn to work smarter not harder. Overtime should not be the basis of life, only for a short period. If you need to work overtime just make basic ends meet, then that to me is not good paying job.
Ur always bitter. Nursing is not by force, come back to Nigeria and stop using a man for green card

6 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2020
phockallmods:

Ur always bitter. Nursing is not by force, come back to Nigeria and stop using a man for green card

Lol.. This is gonna be interesting cheesy

Back to observation mode

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
phockallmods:

Based on your previous post, you sound very bitter as well. So shut the hell up, you damn fool.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 1:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hadampson:

Lol.. This is gonna be interesting cheesy

Back to observation mode

Nairalanders are very funny, they call people bitter and angry yet they like to insult people. What does that make them?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Mizwisdom(f): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

They lie mostly to make themselves feel good. All those so called rich Nigerians earning six figures easily in America nobody knows them here, how come?

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:

They lie mostly to make themselves feel good. All those so called rich Nigerians earning six figures easily in America nobody knows them here, how come?

Don’t mind them, it obvious that these people don’t live in the real world. I live in a state that has one of the highest amount of Nigerians in the US. Let’s be honest , the average Nigerian immigrant is not making six figures. Also because of the credit lifestyle, it also easier to appear richer than you are.

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 2:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

Nairalanders are very funny, they call people bitter and angry yet they like to insult people. What does that make them?

I have been seeing you around this section and i believe you are not new on nairaland smiley

As you know, there is no selection process for determining who can get on the Internet, let alone Nairaland. The fact is that certain people are bound to drag their frustrations and hate to Nairaland. This great forum is full of different categories of people; good and bad but unfortunately, the good people are outnumbered by a great number of able-bodied teenagers adults that insult and abuse people for voicing their opinion.

Few years ago, I tried my possible best to pacify abusers on different sections on nairaland, thinking that they may be hurting over the hardship in our country but all my efforts proved abortive, so now i basically stay on my lane (If you like, insult me till Jesus come, i won't exchange banter with you)

To me, the insults and abuses are part of the things that make Nairaland so don't take everything you read here to heart.

My advice to you is that you should learn to avoid them; make your point to them, correct their ignorance and go, as they will be incapable of good reasoning no matter what you say and how you say it not that you will start exchanging words with them, that would attract many nairalanders who have phd in insulting people grin

Prost.

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
@justwise time to close this thread. now pointless and useless cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by phockallmods: 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

Based on your previous post, you sound very bitter as well. So shut the hell up, you damn fool.
I didn't insult her @justwise
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
But honestly Babyvet is making more sense....... and she has been real with her responses.

Those attackers actually knows nothing about what's going on in the western world.
People need to stop 'I know this, I know that Nonsense'

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Paccus: 6:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
Babyvet:

Oga, why are asking me question ? When you dey bash me on other threads.
ha, na only for Macky thread we disagree na, we no disagree for any other thread... I disagree with the way you attack Macky that day no mean say I never learn something from you from other Thread... So you mark my Moniker since that day grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Paccus:
ha, na only for Macky thread we disagree na, we no disagree for any other thread... I disagree with the way you attack Macky that day no mean say I never learn something from you from other Thread... So you mark my Moniker since that day grin cheesy

I did not attack Mackey , I only stated the truth. He did not follow his own advice , the man came on student visa and then got married that how he stayed back in the country. There is nothing wrong with that, but we must be truthful when advising people. It’s much easier to go through the marriage route then the job sponsorship route .

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
oluayebenz:
But honestly Babyvet is making more sense....... and she has been real with her responses.

Those attackers actually knows nothing about what's going on in the western world.
People need to stop 'I know this, I know that Nonsense'

Exactly , some people come on Nairaland and make some very off the wall statements that make no sense. When I dispute those claims , they say I’m bitter and not doing well or that actually I’m living in Nigeria and pretend to live in America. None of those things are true.

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Sarang(f): 3:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
Babyvet:

You sha like to argue. I said a average , I did not say all, plus I provided proof. Of course some would earn above like a Nigerian American physician . I work in the health care field myself , unless your mid level provider ( like nurse practitioner or physician assistant ) or physician it’s not easy to make six figures without overtime , unless you live in a high cost of living state that’s pays well for base salaries like California .

How much does an average nurse earn in the US?
Don’t they make up to 7k after taxes?
Just curious
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Sarang(f): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Babyvet:

One day money will work for me
As for now, lemme work for my money cheesy
We know this cheesy grin
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Sarang(f): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
Babyvet:

Tbh I didn’t know it’s difficult to make 5k after taxes in the States.. ! angry But why do they show off a lot!

P.s: This is household income! Like two people combined. wow shocked
Are you sure that statistics is right..
This is after tax right?

And I really am a woman. Phew!! lipsrsealed
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Sarang(f): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
Mizwisdom:

But let’s be honest some people actually do..
Not everyone likes to carry gong..

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by CutieKing: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
But why are people claiming audio income on this thread ??.
someone who makes 5k after tax has an average gross of around 8k.you pay federal tax,state tax,social security, Medicare, union due,retirement and host of others depending on your circumstances.
Besides why is everyone talking about overtime as if its statutory obligations?.does every job requires overtime?.
People should be able to tell themselves the truth somehow and stop this fantasy.
Besides is community support work a professional job??.I doubt.

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by yemiosinbajo: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
Sarang:

Just curious

You should be asking if they even make up to 7K before taxes. Apart from California, New York and those working multiple overtime hours, do you know how long it even takes for the average RN to start earning $40/hr? Go to the Midwest where the average RN pay starts at around $26/hr, then do the calculation to see if they make up to $7K after the taxes.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
Sarang:

Just curious

On Average No they do not , not even in Canada

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by nosapre(m): 6:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
Well, As a cybersecurity Masters student, and someone that has a solid background in certified ethical hacking, you have to be spiritually gifted for you to hack my account based on the information i provided. I do understand your concern though, its always good for one to be online security aware. But i can assure you, in this case, there is no water that can grow that seed of thought.

On cybersecurity can we talk please... Really interested in it.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Paccus: 6:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
Babyvet:

I did not attack Mackey , I only stated the truth. He did not follow his own advice , the man came on student visa and then got married that how he stayed back in the country. There is nothing wrong with that, but we must be truthful when advising people. It’s much easier to go through the marriage route then the job sponsorship route .
Did you follow his thread from the beginning??because mackynaija mentioned all those things how difficult it is to get internships and Jobs for international students and the challenges he faced trying to get an internship and how he was unsuccessful because most companies are not willing to sponsor again for H1B...That’s why I felt your comments about him where unnecessary, he was also polite in answering your questions that day
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Babyvet: 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

You should be asking if they even make up to 7K before taxes. Apart from California, New York and those working multiple overtime hours, do you know how long it even takes for the average RN to start earning $40/hr? Go to the Midwest where the average RN pay starts at around $26/hr, then do the calculation to see if they make up to $7K after the taxes.

It hard to clear $7k after taxes period , someone who is single and no kids , they will tax the crap out of the paycheck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (42) (Reply)

Abuja City - Videos and Photos / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.