Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

My Monthly Savings In Canada - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Monthly Savings In Canada (163547 Views)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by SlowlybtSurely: 10:16pm On Apr 17, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
It is impossible to save that amaount on just your normal pay. I put that target cos I hard so much overtime a week. I worked about 90 to 100 hours a week. But I wont advise that, it a lot of work and stress.

100 hours?? I feel so lazy now cry
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by SlowlybtSurely: 11:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
I have been following this thread since the beginning and here are my 2 cents.

Nigerians in Nigeria so desperately want to believe the narrative that most Nigerians abroad are suffering; that the only jobs available to us are menial jobs, washing plates, and cleaning bums. Living from paycheck to paycheck. It makes them feel better about themselves and the situations they have found themselves in that country. I do not bother arguing. I just let them wallow in their acclaimed "comfort".

Abroad is what you make of it. I always say that if you see someone who is here legally and has been here for a few years and is suffering. . . it is entirely their fault. The system is set up in a way that you can literally achieve whatever you want. It is not rocket science. You can shoot for the star. If you're in a career that is not paying enough, switch careers. No one considers your age here. Ask questions. Network with Nigerians and non-Nigerians who have these high-paying jobs. They will show you the way. Go back to school if that is what it takes. Get those certifications and you will be glad you did. The higher you are on that corporate ladder, the more you make and the less stressful your job actually is.

And no, this OP is not the exception. There are plenty of immigrants doing really well here. We came here a little less than 5 years ago and now make about 20k per month after tax as a family and we are not the only ones in our circle making that much. We save/invest more than 50% of our income. We were also high earners in Nigeria but I cannot remember any month we could save more than 20% of our salaries. To top it all off, these jobs are not stressful. Some of us work from the comfort of our homes. I dare say, we are all comfortable and not one of us regrets leaving Nigeria.

OP, congratulations. I have been following your journey and can tell you that the sky is just the beginning for you and your family. You have the right mindset and I see you soaring so high, which gives me so much joy. Do not try to convince people on here about your pay. Keep documenting here for you to look back on someday and see how far you have come.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Luckybelt: 4:44am On Apr 26, 2023
OP, pls can you mail me ur direct contact to luckybelt@protonmail.com. i need some guidance. i came to canada some weeks ago. Mhen! This country is sweet and highly underrated. Everything that should work works.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:40am On Apr 27, 2023
Kudos OP,na man you be
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Goalnaldo(m): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2023
Atutupoyoyo2211 your honesty won me over. I think you deserve a follow.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 6:33am On May 11, 2023
Tadadobe:

It's bad when y'all make unreasonable conclusion like this. Is he spending the money in naira? Is he spending the money in Nigeria? Is he coming back to Nigeria? Is the cost of living in Canada and Nigeria the same? A #250,000 salary in Nigeria might do More in Nigeria than a $4k salary in highbrow areas in Canada. These things should be taking into consideration too. Salaried are pegged based on a country's cost of living. The cost of living in Nigeria is one of the cheapest in the world ever. You can use #25M to build a house in Nigeria, can the same money if converted to dollars buy a house in the US? You can basically feed with #100,000 can the same money feed you for a month in Canada? You people should take it easy with needles comparison. They don't even the same amount of tax in Nigeria. Ask yourself when last have you paid taxes in Nigeria?

Yes, japa, we've heard you . But there's no point making unfairly comparison as if they're spending this money in Nigeria

Most people needs to go through financial education, I will not obviously leave my entire life in Canada if it's me once I get to 55yo am back to Nigeria to enjoy my hustling money. If I put 120k$ which is around 60m in naira to a dividend paying stocks like zenith Bank or GTb I can be earning 12myearly in dividend

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 7:06am On May 11, 2023
Nnamz:

Madam, I have more than 100,000 Canadian dollars, yes just sitting idle in my account. Not everybody is ready to invest their money into a business. It is all about the right timing; when opportunity meets preparedness. Abeg let us argue here with sense.

Please use the money to buy stocks like zenith or GTB bank that is around 55m naira that can be earning u around 6m in dividend yearly. No stories is better than being idle in the bank and better than doing business u don't know
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 8:07am On May 11, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
My guy, live to work for 5 years and work to live for life.

Best ooo I wish I can save 200k for 5yrs in Canada
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by smartkester(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2023
aremso:

Most people needs to go through financial education, I will not obviously leave my entire life in Canada if it's me once I get to 55yo am back to Nigeria to enjoy my hustling money. If I put 120k$ which is around 60m in naira to a dividend paying stocks like zenith Bank or GTb I can be earning 12myearly in dividend
it's the way you confidently mentioned 12m yearly in dividends that makes me laugh. I don't think you know how epileptic the Nigeria stock market is

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Luckybelt: 3:30pm On May 11, 2023
No one is qualified to make an objective comparison between abroad and naija except he has lived in the two places

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 3:46pm On May 11, 2023
smartkester:
it's the way you confidently mentioned 12m yearly in dividends that makes me laugh. I don't think you know how epileptic the Nigeria stock market is

What u don't know is bigger than you I know what am talking about, just invest reasonable money u will than me later.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Mcslize: 4:24pm On May 11, 2023
SlowlybtSurely:
I have been following this thread since the beginning and here are my 2 cents.

Nigerians in Nigeria so desperately want to believe the narrative that most Nigerians abroad are suffering; that the only jobs available to us are menial jobs, washing plates, and cleaning bums. Living from paycheck to paycheck. It makes them feel better about themselves and the situations they have found themselves in that country. I do not bother arguing. I just let them wallow in their acclaimed "comfort".

Abroad is what you make of it. I always say that if you see someone who is here legally and has been here for a few years and is suffering. . . it is entirely their fault. The system is set up in a way that you can literally achieve whatever you want. It is not rocket science. You can shoot for the star. If you're in a career that is not paying enough, switch careers. No one considers your age here. Ask questions. Network with Nigerians and non-Nigerians who have these high-paying jobs. They will show you the way. Go back to school if that is what it takes. Get those certifications and you will be glad you did. The higher you are on that corporate ladder, the more you make and the less stressful your job actually is.

And no, this OP is not the exception. There are plenty of immigrants doing really well here. We came here a little less than 5 years ago and now make about 20k per month after tax as a family and we are not the only ones in our circle making that much. We save/invest more than 50% of our income. We were also high earners in Nigeria but I cannot remember any month we could save more than 20% of our salaries. To top it all off, these jobs are not stressful. Some of us work from the comfort of our homes. I dare say, we are all comfortable and not one of us regrets leaving Nigeria.

OP, congratulations. I have been following your journey and can tell you that the sky is just the beginning for you and your family. You have the right mindset and I see you soaring so high, which gives me so much joy. Do not try to convince people on here about your pay. Keep documenting here for you to look back on someday and see how far you have come.

Abi1985 come and read o. All of you that always criticize abroad whereas you have never stepped a foot in the same abroad, we know una o.

Read this write-up and see that those that always complain are illegal immigrants who went there through the back door.

Thanks my brother for this write-up. At least we have those that are doing well for themselves oever there. Only the illegal lazy ones always nag, complain and enjoying the lawlessness of Nigeria and they call that freedom.

Refusing to pay tax, beating traffic lights on the road, extorting people illegally of their hard earned money, are what they called having freedom in Nigeria.

Abi1985 what do you have to say about this?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 11, 2023
Mcslize:

Abi1985 come and read o. All of you that always criticize abroad whereas you have never stepped a foot in the same abroad, we know una o.

Read this write-up and see those that complain are illegal immigrant who went there though the back door.

Thanks my brother for this write-up. At least we have those that are doing well for themselves oever there. Only the illegal lazy ones always nag, complain and enjoying the lawlessness of Nigeria and they call that freedom.

Refusing to pay tax, beating traffic light on the road, extorting people illegally of their hard earned money, all of that is what they called having freedom in Nigeria.

Abi1985 what do you have to say about this?

Why is reading so hard to comprehend ? When did I say one should avoid taxes? Even fellow British and American complain of being overtax yet they pay. Abi do you enjoyed being tax to the core that you question your sanity. I never said one should not japa except you are doing well.for those who are well in Nigeria, they do not need to japa , they can visit. Never spoke about breaking traffic rules ; traffic rules are good and I support traffic rule. It maintain order and against hard earned money illegally exhorted. For the illegals, I do not blame them - not everyone is fortunate to come to abroad legally. Se illegal work harder than those who are legal and if they have choose to be legal , they will be. Consider yourself blessed to be legal abroad
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Luckybelt: 4:58pm On May 11, 2023
i beg let me face my study in this public library i came to read instead of arguing here

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by okerekingsley90: 6:21am On May 12, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
I didn't come to Canada as a student. I came here as a PR.

Hello sir. Can you advise steps or is it something I would see in the Canada thread ?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by smartkester(m): 6:42pm On May 12, 2023
aremso:

What u don't know is bigger than you I know what am talking about, just invest reasonable money u will than me later.
it's obvious you are a marketing their stocks. It's well
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2023
smartkester:
it's obvious you are a marketing their stocks. It's well

Lolllllllll have been investing in stocks since 2006, very obvious here most don't know how money can work for them they just work for money. I will never leave a dime in my account not working. I collected 1.4m from UBA as dividend not long. Very good to safe and best to invest the saved money. If I can work hard in Canada and safe like 150k in 5yrs then put the money in Zenith bank share then I will be earning around 10m yearly in dividend that is around 20k$ don't just work for money let money work for you in return. Most people abroad will work longer than expected for money that is the fact.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Deltayankeeboi: 8:16am On May 13, 2023
aremso:

Lolllllllll have been investing in stocks since 2006, very obvious here most don't know how money can work for them they just work for money. I will never leave a dime in my account not working. I collected 1.4m from UBA as dividend not long. Very good to safe and best to invest the saved money. If I can work hard in Canada and safe like 150k in 5yrs then put the money in Zenith bank share then I will be earning around 10m yearly in dividend that is around 20k$ don't just work for money let money work for you in return. Most people abroad will work longer than expected for money that is the fact.
You have been involved in stocks since 2006 and with all these your claims, you are not yet a multimillionaire. The 20,000 dollars you talk about is way below the average yearly salary of someone who lives and works abroad. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 9:27am On May 13, 2023
Deltayankeeboi:
You have been involved in stocks since 2006 and with all these your claims, you are not yet a multimillionaire. The 20,000 dollars you talk about is way below the average yearly salary of someone who lives and works abroad. Keep deceiving yourself.

Do u know how humble I started? Or u think is a Yahoo Yahoo way of making it in life? Am not forcing you to invest and you are not investing for me. Pls keep working and be saving your money in your account don't invest it. All is your headache not mine. Go to Nigeria stock exchange thread and librate your self from your work and save money only mentality you have i

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by aremso(m): 9:37am On May 13, 2023
Nnamz:

My dear it's not about what you do, but how good you are in saving. My saving game is solid because I don't spend money anyhow. Food and rent and phone bill. The rest goes into savings. 70-80% of my paycheck is what I save

I love this

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Deltayankeeboi: 2:19pm On May 13, 2023
aremso:

Do u know how humble I started? Or u think is a Yahoo Yahoo way of making it in life? Am not forcing you to invest and you are not investing for me. Pls keep working and be saving your money in your account don't invest it. All is your headache not mine. Go to Nigeria stock exchange thread and librate your self from your work and save money only mentality you have i
Make we hear word abeg. Nigeria stock exchange indeed. You have been investing in Nigeria stock exchange since 2006 yet you are not a millionaire. You should go into affiliate marketing as well, you sound like them.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 2:22pm On May 13, 2023
Deltayankeeboi:

Make we hear word abeg. Nigeria stock exchange my ass. You have been investing in Nigeria stock exchange since 2006 yet you are not a millionaire. You should go into affiliate marketing as well, you sound like them.

But you dont have to be rude nah....

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by janykute: 6:52pm On May 13, 2023
Deltayankeeboi:

Make we hear word abeg. Nigeria stock exchange my ass. You have been investing in Nigeria stock exchange since 2006 yet you are not a millionaire. You should go into affiliate marketing as well, you sound like them.
This is not necessary.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Luckybelt: 10:01pm On May 13, 2023
it's really easy to drive a comfortable car abroad

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by JhyMedex: 8:13pm On May 14, 2023
atutupoyoyo2211:
I am a permenent resident. I actually got my PR visa 2013, but like i said i had a good job in Nigeria and wasn't in a hurry to travel. I decided in 2014 to come to canada and stay, but i could only survive 2 weeks in Canada and i ran back to Nigeria because i did not still have the balls to surrender my job in Nigeria. I came back again in 2015 to Canada thinking i would stay, but after 2 weeks i went back to Nigeria because i still didnt have the courage to make the transition. But in 2016, my PR visa was about to expire, so i had to make a final decision, NIGERIA or CANADA? at that moment, I had to make up my mind and leave Nigeria and i have been in Canada since. Now, My sister came to Canada immediately we got the PR visa and she is now a citizen. Assuming i had left Nigeria immediately we got the visa, I would have been a citizen by now. But i guess God's time is the best. I will become a citizen by next year.
Canadian citizenship process is one of the best i have seen, maybe after or before that of Ireland, if i am correct. You spend 3 straight years as a PR and you qualify for citizenship provided you have no serious convictions and no bankruptcy claims. Write a test of 20 questions and that is it. Once you pass, you are sworn-in a few weeks later as a citizen.

You are quite inspiring Boss...

Pls I need a clarification.

From your explanation here, it seems one can get the visa but still delay leaving for Canada for another 3 years?..
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 9:26pm On May 14, 2023
JhyMedex:

You are quite inspiring Boss...

Pls I need a clarification.

From your explanation here, it seems one can get the visa but still delay leaving for Canada for another 3 years?..

with Permanent residency. You go to canada and activate it. They send your pr card to the address you provided. In the next 5 years you need to stay in the country for a combined 2 years to renew the permanent residency, if you stay 3 out of 5 years you qualify for citizenship. Its called soft landing. So many people come and go back to their countries.

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by JhyMedex: 9:43pm On May 14, 2023
ednut1:
with Permanent residency. You go to canada and activate it. They send your pr card to the address you provided. In the next 5 years you need to stay in the country for a combined 2 years to renew the permanent residency, if you stay 3 out of 5 years you qualify for citizenship. Its called soft landing. So many people come and go back to their countries.

This clarifies it...

Thanks for the swift response Boss..
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by humility101: 2:20am On Aug 05, 2023
Nice thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

Abuja City - Videos and Photos / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.