Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech (166378 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Nigerians In Czech Republic How Life / Any Nigerian In Czech Republic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2011
I would like to give back to this forum. Nairaland to me has been quite supportive to thousands of Nigerians including my humble self. I have equally had a bad experience with impostors on this forum. I have been duped by someone on this forum who promised to help out with visa. As a matter of fact I would kindly advise anyone who wants to travel out of Nigeria not to give anyone money for VISA purpose. Please go straight to the embassy for VISA. It is either you are given or declined. I have equally discovered that everywhere comes with various challenges. There is no place that is an eldorado and you can always make it anywhere given the right mentality. I would equally be very frank on this forum to say that alot of Nigerians actually travel out for various reasons but I strongly believe most Nigerian youths travel out in order to seek better opportunities. It is so crazy in Nigeria to see so many thousands of graduates strolling on the major cities of Nigeria without jobs. The government is hapless and so is the private sector.

I am opening this thread for strictly study purpose in Czech. Please I would not entertain any question on business visa or visitation visa. This thread is simply meant for prospective students to Czech Universities.

I would equally want to say that study here is intensive and very practical oriented. Czech schools are well rated globally. There are many programmes in English as well. There are some tuition free courses as well. Above all, study here is quite affordable. There is no job guarantee as well. As a matter of fact its pretty difficult to get a job but this does not mean that you cannot work while studying. The language is a big challenge as well but like I said earlier,you can have your tuition in English.

I am ready to respond to most of your questions at no cost.

Also note that, that admission for study next fall 2012 commences next month in some schools. Please feel free to browse more www.studyinczech.cz

, life is an opportunity to give back,

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by llbhuds: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2011
Good jod bro
9ice one
but be ready to answer QUESTIONS from Nigerians grin grin grin

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
thanks OP for th€ info, i know there are some courses that are free but language is in czech and one can take a yr prep czech lang course but is this free as well?? pls let me know, are you paying tuition?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kennybuda: 12:53am On Dec 02, 2011
@ Poster hummm am not sure ooo in cz republic education is free but most universities has their tuition in cz language. Private univesities for example charles university has tuition in english but fee is expensive as i know. Bro i know some 9ja student around prague you have to apply for a simester with charles university atleast for you to get into the country, therefore when you have some aspect of czech language you can now change to any university with czech tuition, and its totaly free tuition fees cheers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
Study in Czech Language is free for all courses. I am fully aware that Masters in ITS, at CTU,Prague is tuition free and it is conducted in English Language. Charles University is definitely expensive and you are free to explore CULS,Prague because the school has affordable Master's programmes in English. I would not advise anyone to study in the private universities because they are quite expensive but if you have the resources you can try it because admission process is less tedious compared to state universities. Please feel free to search out Czech schools on www.univ.cc
I am equally aware that the government of Czech gives out scholarship to Nigerian students,you can contact the Czech Embassy in Abuja for more details. I guess the deadline for submission is January 15,2012.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by imperiouxx(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
OP, more questions coming.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by obalukan: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2011
Can you please post some schools that have low tuition fee or tuiton free for undergraduate study. Please am waiting for your reply.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2011
I am aware of Czech University of Life Sciences,Prague. The average tuition fees is like 2,00EUR per session. The subsequent session you pay like 100K in naira wise. Please visit www.univ.cc and click on Czech Republic universities for more info on any university website you might want to visit.You can equally use other means to explore for schools in Czech. Thanks. I hope this info helps as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 13, 2011
@ nedostic, is there any university that offers one yr czech language preparation for free
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
@last poster, kindly browse through Czech Universities to find out. This you can explore on the web. Its possible to study Czech Language free in the public universities but I do not have concrete details.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by imperiouxx(m): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
One thing is you guys getting their admissions and another is getting your visas. Has any of you ask yourself what their visa criteria look like?
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by llbhuds: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2011
imperiouxx:

One thing is you guys getting their admissions and another is getting your visas. Has any of you ask yourself what their visa criteria look like?

hnmmm that is a good question the intending applicants needs to ask themselves, but I think czech is not that strict with visa but its only an opportunity and not a right sha ooo
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ the last two posters, getting visa for study purpose in CZ is quite competitive knowing fully well that CZ is a schengen country.

Anyway, I believe with the right documentations and attitude during VISA interview one can still get it. Its really crazy with way most of these foreign embassies deny us visa.

Anyway, the problem is no so far-fetched, the Nigerian government to me seems to be the major problem.Our government is highly insensitive to the plight of Nigerians generally let alone VISA seekers. I must advise anyone who is coming here to study to please have a bank account in your own name, pay tuition fees if its a tuition based programme,transcribe your docs into czech(you can do it Nigeria or so,this you can find out from the embassy website),have a VISA/MASTER card also a reasonable amount of money in your bank account. Please do not buy insurance policy from CZ until your visa is approved.

Please feel free to check the embassy website for other key requirements.

Finally, prior to going for the VISA interview do try to inform the school authorities to write to the embassy in Nigeria. This might work in your favor. Also note that it takes at least two(2) months for VISA issuance and everything is done here in CZ.Never give money to any one mostly especially for study visa.Do it yourself and be very bold on the day of interview. You need to be a big talker and give the consular officer(s) the benefit of doubt that you do be coming back to Naija after studies and even during hols if possible.

Let me reiterate once again that life in CZ is moderate in terms of living expenses but there are limited job opportunities and its pretty challenging for foreign students to get jobs. It is advisable to have at least 300k as living expense prior to your arrival to keep you afloat for some months.I might not be right with the figures because our consumption patterns differ from one another.

Wishing everyone Merry Xmas in advance!

4 Likes

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by xtus(m): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
please i would love to know if after offered an admission at any university in czech, do u pay ur tuition fees from nigeria b4 leaving or u pay it upon arriving at the country.??
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 12:12am On Jan 04, 2012
@last poster, you have got to pay your school fees as soon as you secure your admission. You can speak to the appropriate authorities in the schools you might be interested in as regards payment of tuition
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kwenu: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
@ Poster Nedostic . i wish to apply for studies in any of the CZech Universities this year but i am confused about the issue of Nostrification on Document and also Notarised document. How do i get my results (waec result) Notarised and also Nostrification, please help explain to me. for i dont understand

Thankyou
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Kwenu, Happy New Year, Please you need to visit the Ministries of education and foreign affairs with your certificate(s). Then proceed to the Czech Embassy,Abuja. The final nostrification is done in CZ with the help of your university.I hope this helps.

Czech Republic is good for studies(quality education) but there are little or no jobs for foreign students. The language is a major drawback.Cost of living is quite moderate compared to other European countries and the standard of living is high.

Application for studies 2012/2013 is ongoing in most of the schools. Feel free to contact the admission officer(s) of the school(s) of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kwenu: 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2012
@Poster Nedostic, Thanks for the reply of message,please tell me, are u astudent in one of the czech higher institutions or once a student.
How did you go about the processing of your own school admission if u are or were a student there .
i would like to know about your experiences with czech schools , embassy here in Naigeria, and life over there in czech. please share with me
Are they racist?.
Hope i m not asking for too much.
hope to read from you soon

God bless you Brother.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by moveup: 10:43am On Jan 23, 2012
@nedostic, Are you in CZ? What school in CZ are you studying with?

Regards
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
@the last two posters, I am studying here in CZ,precisely Master's in Informatics at Czech University of Life Sciences. In terms of cost of living its moderate but it depends more so on your lifestyle. For application, please do well to contact the international office(s) of the school(s) you might be interested in. Some studies are in english medium in most of the CZ schools but you have gotta pay as well except you are lucky enough to get their scholarships which is much rare for Nigerians to get. In case you are interested in scholarship opportunity, please do well to check on the CZ embassy,Abuja website for more info on scholarship.

Racism is uncommon here but it still exists anyway.In terms of work opportunities,they are quite limited but one might be fortunate enough to get some menial jobs. Also, if you have technical skills mostly in the area of computing this could be a vantage position over others. The language is equally a plus if you can speak it. Learning another european language aside english gives one an edge.

In case you want to more about life and study here in CZ please visit this site for more info www.studyin.cz

As regards visa issuance, its tough in a way but I believe if you have got the right documents and equally composure and mien on the interview date might be deciding factors. Also, prayers should be your last resort.This is just my view.The bottom line is doing the needful in terms of paper documentations.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by moveup: 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ nedostic, Can i have a Private Chat with you? Am currently in Belarus studying but i want come over to CZ to further.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ move up, my skype id is chris.ned
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by moveup: 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
@ nedostic, Please talk to me o Skype or Facebook or Yahoo now, Am waiting plzzz.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by princesyeed: 6:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
@nedostic, please I just want to find out If I will need to pay tuition. And accommodation fees before going to czech embassy for visa. Thanks hope to hear from you
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2012
@nedostic, the school i contacted is asking for my high school transcript which i dont have, is this compulsory in all schools Can i get a school that wont require the transcript?? Thnx
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by moveup: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2012
@ banttieman, This days, If you are interested in Applying to Universities in Europe, you need Transcript. All schools required it. Go to your Ex-Secondary school and get it. It Important to you, Even due you did not sat for WAEC with ur Ex-school find a way to get it.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by kwenu: 6:06pm On Jan 26, 2012
@ Poster Nedostic, Does the Ministry of foreign affairs have their office in Lagos apart from Abuja.for the Czech embassy said they shall only Super legalize documents only from the Ministry of foreign affairs . How did you process yours during your time . for i look for an experience to follow. i am interested in undergraduate studies .
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
@Kwenu, Please do well to visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in ABJ.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 11:20am On Jan 28, 2012

1 Like

Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by nedostic: 11:51am On Jan 28, 2012
This info is for prospective Master's applicants but bias in Engineering or Sciences. Czech Technical University,Praha has some tuition free programes. Most notably is the Transatlantic dual degree Programme (Msc Transportation and Logistics Systems) offered by CTU,UNIZA(both schools are in CZ) and UTEP,USA.

More so, Msc Intelligent Transportation Systems is a joint degree programme between CTU and University of Linkoping,Sweden or possibly another Austrian University.

These other programmes- Msc Civil Engineering Building Structures,Buildings and Environments, and Civil Engineering:Computational Engineering in Advanced Design are all tuition free and most importantly taught in English Language.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact the school(CTU,Praha) for further info in case you might be interested. CTU is one of the top schools in the world as well.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by chrisawi: 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2012
There is this school in olomuc that offer a language course, and u pay after arriving the school, but the program start September. Is better you apply now so you get the necessary document require, cos Czech visa application takes three month to process. If you are interested i can always give you the site.
Re: Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech by pdesmond1(m): 3:08pm On Jan 31, 2012
@chrisawi,

Please am interested to know information about the school. Can you give me the link and do you have any idea if Czech student visa is easy to acquire, Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Obtaining A Birth Certificate From The National Population Commission / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations / List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.